What as your 1st "noob" moment starting wow?

General Discussion
1 2 3 18 Next
Newbie or noob is a slang term for a novice or newcomer, or somebody inexperienced in any profession or activity.

My 1st moment of noobness, many many moons ago (vanilla), would have to be when I made my warlock. (1st toon ever)

I logged into the game, only being told what few friends gave me advice on, and It took me a while to figure out how to talk out loud in chat. I sat there for 3-5 min trying to get the NPC to talk to me because I thought, becuase it was a MMO, everyone was a real person.
Later a pally came up to me and told me "they don't talk back" #shame. haha.
First time I wandered up to the Bulwark, I was level 8 or 9 I think. My first welcome bear!
When I first made this guy, I got up to level 7 and died.

The person who got me into this game (my dad's workmate) wasn't on at the time, so I didn't know I could run back to my body.

I deleted him and rerolled again, and again, and again.
"Oh!! You mean I don't have to keep hitting this auto attack button to keep hitting him?!"
I once saw the tip stating "Don't stand in the fire"

Intrigued I jumped onto the braiser in orgrimmar to come to the realization that nothing special would happen.
When I first saw a druid in Moonkin form I ask him what he was. He said I'm a Moonkin Boom Boom. I was mad that I did not have access to rolling that race. I called Blizzard to ask them why I did not have that access to the Moonkin race. Well my exact words were
"Is there a quest that I need to unlock the Moonkin race?" before the call center explained to me he giggled a bit.
When I first saw a druid in Moonkin form I ask him what he was. He said I'm a Moonkin Boom Boom. I was mad that I did not have access to rolling that race. I called Blizzard to ask them why I did not have that access to the Moonkin race. Well my exact words were
"Is there a quest that I need to unlock the Moonkin race?"
Lol wow, that IS a good one.

I used to only log out after doing a /sleep in a bed because I thought that was the only way I could get rested xp.
Equipping white items over green because the armor was higher.

Staying in Elwynn Forest for ages because I didn't know how to get anywhere else (really)

Edit: I was playing with a random person in Northshire, and I made him wait with me in the chapel because I wanted to get "rested" first.
07/21/2011 06:33 AMPosted by Evilrabbit
Trying to equip a mail item and getting a message "you dont have the proficiency for that YET" and keeping it in my bags thinking one day I'll learn to wear mail.

oh me too haha
I thought the imps and void walkers were special classes people got to play, I was hoping to get to play one some day... and then I learned how to summon them on my warlock.
I remember trying to figure out how to type in trade back in vanilla I kept doing

/2. trade
/trade
/2 - trade
/[trade]

Then someone told me to do /2 and I felt stupid.

Also I found out I would eat and drink at the same time, that was amazing.
Tab targeting a mob in undead strat on my hunter, for my pet, and realizing too late i was targeting a mob far beyond where we were fighting.

Then I learned about addons and /assist
I like this thread. It proves we were all new once. Vote it up!!!
my first toon was a human warrior of course and at level 4-5 I grinded enough to buy all the white armor the very first vendor sells in the starting area.

My non-comprehension of auto attack at the time and the warrior getting owned in jasperlode mine several times made me reroll this druid.
On this person, it was vanilla and I was to Zul'gurub and I was wearing a gray wrist item because I thought it was better cause it had more armor. I didn't know anything anything about stats that helped my character or whatever, just thought of whichever piece had more armor. I was level 60. I had been playing since the start of WoW and didn't know squat about stats. I'm so much better now, I do not really place this character anymore but my main is so much more different. I'm one of the few who knows to learn your class. XD I had a pretty embarrassing time in ZG. Almost everyone stopped and came to stare at me when someone identified my gray item. XD

This was quite nooby, I bet no one can beat this. XD
On my very first toon, I was lvl 11 and decided to go exploring. I ended up running (if you can call what the undead do as running) all the way up to Tarren Mill. I didn't realize that Tarren Mill was there as I stuck to the road and got attacked at every corner (I didn't bother turning around and got all mixed up). I had to message a friend to come rescue me because I had yet to realize what my hearthstone was and I was "lost". Good times.
Playing the game at a weird zoom angle cause i didnt know you were able to change it. i thought it was just the way the terrain is.

Also the restarting a new toon cause i died.

Playing this warrior like a hunter cause i had a bow/gun
I would have to say during last season in my first rbg match (everyone on the teams first match as well). Everyone on the team forgot since there was 2 horde teams in the match we were placed on the alliance side (AB match), we were all pissed cause we thought it was bugged and wouldn't let us cap bases that the alliance had taken (bunch of people were complaining in vent cause they thought we were getting 4 capped). Eventually we caught on to how retarded we were and removed our special helmets.
On this person, it was vanilla and I was to Zul'gurub and I was wearing a gray wrist item because I thought it was better cause it had more armor. I didn't know anything anything about stats that helped my character or whatever, just thought of whichever piece had more armor. I was level 60. I had been playing since the start of WoW and didn't know squat about stats. I'm so much better now, I do not really place this character anymore but my main is so much more different. I'm one of the few who knows to learn your class. XD I had a pretty embarrassing time in ZG. Almost everyone stopped and came to stare at me when someone identified my gray item. XD

This was quite nooby, I bet no one can beat this. XD

I quit in BC and came back for Cata, meaning I never played wotlk. So when I came back last November there was a ton of stuff I didnt know about.

Just found out about the barber shop couple months ago. Had been rockin my old school long white hair since vanilla.

when I first got to northrend I couldnt figure out for the life of me why I couldnt shift into flight form. I was like W-T-F!!!!!! I think I almost quit again right then lol.