Buyers beware: The 365 2h sword is 3.5 speed

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 26 Next
07/28/2011 06:33 PMPosted by Zarhym
We wanted this weapon to be roughly on par with weapons from the previous tier, since it can be purchased from the Auction House. It wasn't intended to compete as much with current raid drops, as it felt weird that a strength-based DPS crafted weapon was more attractive than some of its counterparts.

Though, it's not attractive, with it's current secondary stat allocation. The reason it was attractive to me, even with my raid drop 359 weapon that I had previously, was because of the slower swing speed. That aside, why shouldn't the weapon be slightly better performing than a weapon from the previous tier. I don't mean a difference of several hundred damage per swing, I mean it being a minor upgrade over Zin'rokh/Ashkandi.

Those of us that didn't acquire a heroic weapon would have been happy if it was a stat for stat upgrade of Akirus the Worm-Breaker or Shalug'doom, the Axe of Unmaking. Not a big upgrade, but an upgrade that would be worth the mats, like the rest of the crafted ones are.The tanking sword is a direct upgrade to Mace of Acrid Death, and the Str axe is a direct upgrade to Soul Blade. Every other weapon is an excellent upgrade to it's 359 equivalent or closest counterpart. What is the logic in singling out this one weapon as "too good", when the rest of them are now better than it?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't PvE players loath people who think PvP gear is just as good as equivalent PvE gear?

I see a lot of Resilience on those PvP weapons. Resilience that can't be reforged to a more useful stat.

That's the point. The PVP weapon performs roughly the same in PVE as this 3.5 garbage.
The reason for this confusion stemmed from a quirk in the way item hotfixes have to be applied, unfortunately. We hope to have the item's data completely corrected soon so others are not caught off guard by what the tooltip currently states.

I'm just stunned at how poorly this was implemented. (Not the decision to make it 3.5, though, that's not great either, but the tooltip problems.) I chose to make it for my pally over the spell dagger for my mage because of the 3.8 speed.

And to think, just last week I was only upset there wasn't going to be an enchance shaman weapon in there, now I get to know I crafted a bad weapon too. Hooray.
...as it felt weird that a strength-based DPS crafted weapon was more attractive than some of its counterparts.

First off, this is true when it was its old BETA stats...
http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/70172/plans-masterwork-elementium-deathblade/

Secondly, this is not true when comparing the TOOLTIP to current counter-parts...
∙ 359 - 1795-2693 3.6s Akirus the Worm-Breaker
∙ 359 - 1795-2693 3.6s Shalug'doom, the Axe of Unmaking
∙ 359 - 1795-2693 3.6s Vicious Gladiator's Greatsword
∙ 365 - 1845-2769 3.5s (REALITY) Masterwork Elementium Deathblade
∙ 359 - 1894-2843 3.8s Reclaimed Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood
∙ 359 - 1894-2843 3.8s Zin'rokh, Destroyer of Worlds
∙ 365 - 2003-3006 3.8s (TOOLTIP) <<-- Look, it should be here!
∙ 372 - 2026-3040 3.6s Shalug'doom, the Axe of Unmaking
∙ 372 - 2026-3040 3.6s Akirus the Worm-Breaker
∙ 372 - 2238-3209 3.8s Reclaimed Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood
∙ 365 - 1753-3256 3.8s (BETA 4.2) <<-- Sorta out of place, but look at variable damage...
∙ 378 - 2142-3215 3.6s Skullstealer Greataxe
∙ 378 - 2142-3215 3.6s Ruthless Gladiator's Greatsword
∙ 378 - 2142-3215 3.6s Zoid's Firelit Greatsword (Has a 1x Gem Sockets)
∙ 384 - 2392-3589 3.8s Sulfuras, The Extinguished Hand (Has a 2x Gem Sockets)
The reason for this confusion stemmed from a quirk in the way item hotfixes have to be applied, unfortunately. We hope to have the item's data completely corrected soon so others are not caught off guard by what the tooltip currently states.

Yes, obviously Blizzard needs to fix the tooltip on the pattern and the item if they're not going to just make it 3.80 like it ought to be. But, I think the real question ought to be:

Why isn't it 3.80 anyway?

At 3.80 speed, the weapon was over-performing relative to its cost and the ease with which it can be obtained.

So why do u introduce new weapon with 365 item level that is actually weaker or comparable to 359 weapons? Why it doesnt have an item level like 357 or 360 just to prevent confusion?
We wanted this weapon to be roughly on par with weapons from the previous tier, since it can be purchased from the Auction House. It wasn't intended to compete as much with current raid drops, as it felt weird that a strength-based DPS crafted weapon was more attractive than some of its counterparts.

so... if it's roughly on par with a 359 item doesn't that make it um you know, a 359 item not 365

the "ease with which it can be obtained" is relative. I put a lot of my game time and resources into obtaining a weapon that was an upgrade - worth it for the amount of use I would get out of it.

What i actually got was a weapon "roughly on par" with what I already had. Poor form Blizzard

despite knowing the tooltip and pattern had the wrong information it was allowed to go live and little to no attempt was made to inform players. Poor form Blizzard
We wanted this weapon to be roughly on par with weapons from the previous tier, since it can be purchased from the Auction House

It is worse than every str 2 hander from the previous tier. Not on par. Worse.
07/28/2011 07:04 PMPosted by Galohalt

You realize the other craftables, are completely superior to their 359 counterparts?

No, that's the problem. They obviously do not realize this.
In the entire week or so it is possible for anybody to have even grinded out the plans for this weapon blizzard figured out that it "felt weird" for this weapon to be so strong for the "ease" at which it's attained?

Man you guys are screwing up over and over. The 371 honor gear issue and now more pointless bait and switch?
No, that's the problem. They obviously do not realize this.

Man, do I really need to make a chart of each of the crafted weapons and where they fall in line? Ugg, thats a lot of work...
Let's just say that I wish I had used the mats on the gun for my hunter, instead.

And I didn't even mention the weapon model used for it. Oh wait...
I would like to add my voice to the point disappointed by the change. This is like the Scythe from the Frost Lord all over again, except I didn't spend 20k gold to the Scythe. I also vendored my old weapon because the sword LOOK perfectly fine.

Considering I could have just as easily raided for an Akirus (And Magmaw is a cakewalk with that 20% nerf) and saved myself 20k, this is sort of a pretty low blow.

At the least, get it back up to 3.60 speed so it's somewhat clearly better than, say, a 353 from the Zuls.