Buyers beware: The 365 2h sword is 3.5 speed

General Discussion
Prev 1 13 14 15 26 Next
The reason for this confusion stemmed from a quirk in the way item hotfixes have to be applied, unfortunately. We hope to have the item's data completely corrected soon so others are not caught off guard by what the tooltip currently states.

Yes, obviously Blizzard needs to fix the tooltip on the pattern and the item if they're not going to just make it 3.80 like it ought to be. But, I think the real question ought to be:

Why isn't it 3.80 anyway?

At 3.80 speed, the weapon was over-performing relative to its cost and the ease with which it can be obtained.

Should I open a ticket to have my chaos orbs refunded? I already had a couple 359 2 handers, and was under the impression that this was an upgrade (like all the spell power weapons are)
I thought this would be an upgrade, too..but I waited a bit..good thing I did, or 5 Chaos orbs would have been wasted.

I have to laugh at the "easy to obtain" reference.

You do realize Chaos Orbs, while a guaranteed drop, are not a guaranteed win on a roll?

Keep your 3.5 speed and let me smelt my own Truegold..then we'll call it "easy to obtain."
07/28/2011 07:35 PMPosted by Marýlou
I have to laugh at the "easy to obtain" reference.

They should nerf the Firelands Trash drops... man, now those are EASY to get (Yes, I am serious).
Zar, any word on why Enhancement Shaman got left out for new craftable weapons?
07/28/2011 07:44 PMPosted by Bayuriel

They thought they deleted that class.
07/28/2011 07:44 PMPosted by Bayuriel

Don't you mean ORC enhancement shamans? The Agility daggers are not nice for other races?

Brainsplinter
Don't you mean ORC enhancement shamans? The Agility daggers are not nice for other races?

If an enhance shaman uses a dagger they are failing.
3.80 was too good (only really great weapons are 3.80 - the Shannox weapon is even 3.60).

3.50 is too bad.

Give it a 3.60 speed (read: standard weapon speed for this expansion) and everyone can have happy time funsies and we can end this.
3.80 was too good. Way too good.

3.50 is too bad. Give it a 3.60 speed and everyone can have happy time funsies and we can end this.

I'd say 3.7. Since stats are iffy for DPS classes.
07/28/2011 06:33 PMPosted by Zarhym
We wanted this weapon to be roughly on par with weapons from the previous tier, since it can be purchased from the Auction House. It wasn't intended to compete as much with current raid drops, as it felt weird that a strength-based DPS crafted weapon was more attractive than some of its counterparts.

This is a very bitter pill to swallow for many. The expectation was (and the reality is for every other itemized 365 molten offensive reward were billed as) an intermediary between t11 and t12. Not as a supplemtary/slightly inferrior t11 (that was ZA/ZG).

It seems 2 handed str classes (as well as shamans having no agility weapons) are being bastardized.

By your reasoning will the obsidian cleaver be receiving the same treatment due to it being AHable?
3.80 was too good. Way too good.

3.50 is too bad. Give it a 3.60 speed and everyone can have happy time funsies and we can end this.

I'd say 3.7. Since stats are iffy for DPS classes.

Perfect stats for Frost 2H and Unholy. Also perfect stats under the new Ret theories being thrown around. At worst, you'd reforge Haste to Crit.

Not sure about Warriors, but it doesn't seem bad for most.

Not sure about Warriors, but it doesn't seem bad for most.

Haste is pure crap, and Mastery is better, but still nowhere near Crit.
Requesting this be stickied so that people are more aware of Blizzard lies.
07/28/2011 05:01 PMPosted by Kwah
This thread has too many numbers. My brain hurts.

I know!

Have NO IDEA what they were saying. Don't you people carry weapons cuz it looks cool?? And get a new headbonker or knife when you win the roll?

Are we playing the same game?!?

07/28/2011 06:33 PMPosted by Zarhym
We wanted this weapon to be roughly on par with weapons from the previous tier, since it can be purchased from the Auction House. It wasn't intended to compete as much with current raid drops, as it felt weird that a strength-based DPS crafted weapon was more attractive than some of its counterparts.

Sorry, but this makes absolutely no sense. The time investment required for the five chaos orbs alone is ridiculous, especially if you're saying you want the weapons to underperform weapons with a lower iLvl. If you wanted them to be inferior to 359 then why didn't you make them 353 weapons? A higher iLvl weapon should have better raw dps output than a lower one. Anything else isn't fair to the players.
07/28/2011 08:04 PMPosted by Eithris
there are only three, i repeat THREE bind on equip level 85 two handers with strength on them. sorrow's end and forged elementium mindcrusher are both blue and iLVL 333 and 346 respectively. we needed a competitive BoE option.

Heres the proper filter for enhance BoE's

http://www.wowhead.com/items=2?filter=ty=13:0:4;minrl=85;maxrl=85;ub=7;cr=3:21;crs=1:1;crv=0:0

Compared to the BoE's for str users

http://www.wowhead.com/items=2?filter=ty=6:10:1:5:8;minrl=81;maxrl=85;ub=6;cr=3:20;crs=1:1;crv=0:0#0-2+1

Yea there are two epic agi drops for enhance, one for str (craftable). The gap isn't really noticeable imo, especially considering the fact that str 2handers drop off of earlier bosses, where enhance has to wait till Nef.
07/28/2011 08:16 PMPosted by Bayuriel
http://www.wowhead.com/items=2?filter=ty=13:0:4;minrl=85;maxrl=85;ub=7;cr=3:21;crs=1:1;crv=0:0

It looks like you get something here soon with the Beerfest... yeah it is a ways out, but it wont require 8x Truegold and 5x Chaos Orbs.

Another thing to keep in mind is that agility based 1-handed weapons that are not Daggers; are only intended for 1 class no? Will hunters use these over polearms?