Buyers beware: The 365 2h sword is 3.5 speed

General Discussion
Prev 1 14 15 16 26 Next
Regardless this weapon and all of these recipes should had came out in 4.1

07/28/2011 06:33 PMPosted by Zarhym
We wanted this weapon to be roughly on par with weapons from the previous tier, since it can be purchased from the Auction House. It wasn't intended to compete as much with current raid drops, as it felt weird that a strength-based DPS crafted weapon was more attractive than some of its counterparts.

Why was no effort made to inform your playerbase?

"it felt weird" Gee thanks for wasting 3 weeks of players time because "it felt weird" and thanks for considering my time spent worth less than the 20 minutes it takes to down the first boss in a raid.

This item was nerfed prior to release of 4.2, Blizzard had 3 weeks time to make an effort to at least inform what the actual stats were before it became accessable.

Some of us spent the time specifically for that weapon, I'm so glad to see your regard for your players time didn't interfere with your "feelings" though. You've certainly made where I spend my MMO money easier to decide on .
Given all the facts that we can see; I still can't quite see Blizzards position here. I really would like them to consider a few more variables to this equation - if they wont un-nerf this, at least change the item level so people don't get confused and think this is an upgrade from ilvl 359
3.80 was too good (only really great weapons are 3.80 - the Shannox weapon is even 3.60).

3.50 is too bad.

Give it a 3.60 speed (read: standard weapon speed for this expansion) and everyone can have happy time funsies and we can end this.

3.6 would still leave it below Destroyer.
Well guys, the thing is, it is OBVIOUS that this is a hunter weapon!
07/28/2011 08:19 PMPosted by Kahk
It looks like you get something here soon with the Beerfest... yeah it is a ways out, but it wont require 8x Truegold and 5x Chaos Orbs.

Nice as that would be, that's in September, by then 4.3 may already be out. (not likely but you get the idea.)
07/28/2011 08:28 PMPosted by Bayuriel
It looks like you get something here soon with the Beerfest... yeah it is a ways out, but it wont require 8x Truegold and 5x Chaos Orbs.

Nice as that would be, that's in September, by then 4.3 may already be out. (not likely but you get the idea.)

I don't know. You might not see 4.3 till mid November the way they seem to be moving. =P
07/28/2011 08:25 PMPosted by Eithris
MED is the only epic str 2hander on our list. below that is the 346 mace, the forged elementium mindcrusher. i'm seein shamans with lots more options.

How many bosses do you have to kill in T11 to get a chance at a 2h? One right? Yea, outs doesn't drop till Nef, there's a gap there. Let's not argue about who got shafted the most on itemization and focus more on important questions like, is the intentional leaving out of one class/spec from the new craftables intended, and will this trend continue or can we expect more equality with weapons at the least? And maybe some form of compensation for people or already got this sword made with misleading stats?
Thanks for the replies, Zarhym. I won't say anything further, as others have already done so, and in a much better way than I could.

For the rest of you, the tooltips have been updated - on the weapon and the recipe.
07/28/2011 08:29 PMPosted by Morphinrangr

I don't know. You might not see 4.3 till mid November the way they seem to be moving. =P

Yea we're a month into 4.2 and we still don't know a single thing about 4.3 considering we were supposed to see 'faster patches'. Course it's obvious that 'faster patches' thing was just an excuse for 'we got too behind in development so we split the patch to try to keep players.'