Buyers beware: The 365 2h sword is 3.5 speed

General Discussion
Prev 1 21 22 23 26 Next
I'm agreeing with most of everyone in this thread.

A weapon with stats that are on par or even worse (haste is terribad for paladins) than 359s should be a 359. Why make it a 365 if it isn't on par with 365s?

Pretty much this, I just wasted gold on a weapon that won't be much of an upgrade compared to the troll's mace I had, annoys me to the core. Lack of communication (Late to inform general public, too) is just sad. If I had of known it was a bugged tooltip I would of never blown all that gold getting it.

To the poster below me, I think the better idea would be to ask them: "Can I get compensation for the money I spent on that Weapon, and (If you're a blacksmith) can I get compensation for buying that useless pattern with a cost of 300g?"
So I placed a ticket in game for obtaining my akirus and vicious greatsword that I vendored when I crafted MED. Is it possible to get the mats back for this weapon? I would rather get a portion of my money back rather than none at all for this weapon. Complete waste of two week daily grind and mats.
So,

When are they adding an agility 1 handed mace, or axe?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=59462

When are they adding a BOE 359 2H, troll?
So,

When are they adding an agility 1 handed mace, or axe?

Pyrium Spellward
That's like asking, "when are they adding a 2handed axe with strength?" Even though there's already a 2handed sword with str, it's just not going to happen, Blizzard can't cater to EVERY spec and class. (Or Racial)
I would not have spent the money and wasted the mats on this weapon if it were the 3.5 speed. If this is the case please unbind the item so that I can get rid of it, it is no longer useful at all for what I 'replaced' it with.
07/28/2011 06:33 PMPosted by Zarhym
We wanted this weapon to be roughly on par with weapons from the previous tier, since it can be purchased from the Auction House. It wasn't intended to compete as much with current raid drops, as it felt weird that a strength-based DPS crafted weapon was more attractive than some of its counterparts.

Normally I think you as one the better blues but this is kind of ridiculous rational. I can also purchase 378 boes from the AH they should be nerfed too right?
I'm agreeing with most of everyone in this thread.

A weapon with stats that are on par or even worse (haste is terribad for paladins) than 359s should be a 359. Why make it a 365 if it isn't on par with 365s?

Pretty much this, I just wasted gold on a weapon that won't be much of an upgrade compared to the troll's mace I had, annoys me to the core. Lack of communication (Late to inform general public, too) is just sad. If I had of known it was a bugged tooltip I would of never blown all that gold getting it.

To the poster below me, I think the better idea would be to ask them: "Can I get compensation for the money I spent on that Weapon, and (If you're a blacksmith) can I get compensation for buying that useless pattern with a cost of 300g?"

Sadly all 359 weapons out perform this. I don't understand what the thought process was to make this weapon about a 352 item level in performance.
I understand Blizz doesn't want crafted items to be felt like they are BiS or at least mandatory to have, but HOLY CRAP did they drop the ball on this 2her.

I am surprised they remembered the whole issue with Stormherald and Lionheart Executioner being pretty much BiS for a good while.

I guess Blacksmithing has to get shafted one way or another.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=59462

When are they adding a BOE 359 2H, troll?

Really? Because the major issue enh has all last content patch is our only HEROIC up-gradable weapons were of nefarian, one of the harder HM's. It's not our fault blizzard decided to make 3 BoE weapons, all from the same place.

Pyrium Spellward
That's like asking, "when are they adding a 2handed axe with strength?" Even though there's already a 2handed sword with str, it's just not going to happen, Blizzard can't cater to EVERY spec and class. (Or Racial)

Except that for the most part they have with the exception of enh.

It has nothing to do with racials.. Shamans cannot use swords.

I may not necessarily need the weapon per se, but there are plent of enh shamans that are less progressed than myself.

I think it's a little unfair they hadn't added a weapon in. Had they changed that agility sword into an axe, combat rogue, and enh shamas could of made use with it.

Not trolling, just sayin'.

I put my shaman to pasture. They have done nothing to make my shaman worth playing anymore. Lack of itemization makes it even worse.
07/28/2011 06:33 PMPosted by Zarhym
We wanted this weapon to be roughly on par with weapons from the previous tier, since it can be purchased from the Auction House. It wasn't intended to compete as much with current raid drops, as it felt weird that a strength-based DPS crafted weapon was more attractive than some of its counterparts.

I think what people are trying to say is that you "undershot" that margin too. The 3.5 speed is a bit too fast. A bump to 3.6 speed would probably be enough.
07/29/2011 08:02 AMPosted by Parasomnia
Really? Because the major issue enh has all last content patch is our only HEROIC up-gradable weapons were of nefarian, one of the harder HM's. It's not our fault blizzard decided to make 3 BoE weapons, all from the same place.

Then make a thread about it and stop trolling an otherwise legit thread. Looks like you're just looking for a thread lock. Seriously, make your own thread.
This sword was designed with Blood DK tanking in mind (may have been brought up before). We don't care about dps, and it does provide 365 stat boosts in the areas we hope for in a weapon (mastery, sta).

But yeah, everything else about this sword is ridiculou. T

The speed is ridiculous for dps. I can understand not making 3.8, but 3.5 is too fast. I think 3.6 or 3.7 is fair.

Also, the model is ridiculous - that's gotta be a placeholder.

Finally, claiming it's "easily obtainable" is totally ridiculous and a little annoying. Sure, someone with tons of gold could buy one, but most of those people have spent a considerable amount of time amassing that gold. I would guess most people don't just make $8K G quickly. Making one is no picnic either; getting 5 chaos orbs is time consuming (I've lost rolls to tailors), truegold isn't dirt cheap, and leveling blacksmithing requires some level of commitment and investment. So, I soundly resent the fact that this is considered "easy to obtain" by blizzard.
07/29/2011 08:27 AMPosted by Colt
And still blue say with a straight face that it's easy to obtain and was overperforming. We didn't grind the quests just to get a weapon that we thought would ease our entry into FL a little, only to discover it's not, other than the ilvl benefit.

It wouldn't be so bad if you couldn't get 378 weapons off the AH and the other 365 besides the polearm are where the Sword used to be.
hahah yes!

i have been debating on makeing this for 2 days now. i have the mats but just didn't like how it looked (stats and model).

glad i kept putting it off.

though not happy with the tanking weapon either but at least it is a upgrade.