Buyers beware: The 365 2h sword is 3.5 speed

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 26 Next
07/27/2011 01:19 PMPosted by Wrothaque
Perhaps if the outcry is loud enough blizz will at least un-nerf the top end damage?

There are still a LOT of people who have no clue; tooltip is still incorrect in game so I see more and more people running around with these weapons thinking they are awesome.

Once Blizzard pushed the tooltip data live the outcry will be pretty enormous; especially with tickets asking for older weapons back that were sold to a vendor or doinked for a crystal.

I think what we have here is...
∙ CS team sees customers griping about weapon.
∙ CS team asks Dev Team, "Was the Masterwork Elementium Deathblade intended to be nerfed?"
∙ Dev Team says, "Yep."
∙ CS team responds to customers with "Working as intended."

Instead of asking a tailored question like, "Did you intend to double nerf the Masterwork Elementium Deathblade from ~3200TED to ~3000TED and then to ~2800TED?"
07/27/2011 12:19 PMPosted by Ivrae
LAME........... I wasted 7k in mats for a lie. Fix it blizz.

Not to mention the poor souls who don't read the forums (you know, the majority of subscribers) who will pay 12k or more for this thing on the AH.
Dont see why Blizz cant just increase the speed to 3.80 as was shown.

It's not going to affect much and it would be doing good for the customer.

After all, this game was created for the customers, so just make them happy!
Bump because I totally wasted my gold on this thing. I was wondering why my dps was about the same has with my zg mace..

Total scam. D:
Dont see why Blizz cant just increase the speed to 3.80 as was shown.

It's not going to affect much and it would be doing good for the customer.

After all, this game was created for the customers, so just make them happy!

That is the whole crux of the problem. Fixing the weapon to fit the tooltip would mean everyone is happy, people who bought it already thinking it was 3.8s and the future people who buy it and get an unwelcome surprise.

That would seem to be the common sense thing to do unless there is something a lot of us are missing about why this weapon is meant to be useless.
I would think the reason it was nerfed down is due to the fact that if you go by the broken tooltip then you have 365 weapon thats equal to a heroic tier 11 weapon which is I level 372.

They definately should have fixed the tooltip for sure, so people knew what they were getting, but I can at least see why they dropped it down the way they did.
... equal to a heroic tier 11 weapon which is I level 372.

Akirus the Worm-Breaker = damage and > stats Masterwork Elementium Deathblade
Reclaimed Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood > damage and > stats Masterwork Elementium Deathblade
Shalug'doom, the Axe of Unmaking = damage and > stats Masterwork Elementium Deathblade

In all cases I would rather have the heroic t11 weapons; and Reclaimed Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood is way better... almost as good as t12 weapon drops Skullstealer Greataxe.

I would think the reason it was nerfed down is due to the fact that if you go by the broken tooltip then you have 365 weapon thats equal to a heroic tier 11 weapon which is I level 372.

They definately should have fixed the tooltip for sure, so people knew what they were getting, but I can at least see why they dropped it down the way they did.

The thing is that it doesn't matter if it is almost equal to the 3.6s i372 weapons, those guys don't want it anyway. Can you think of a single person who would care? i372 players are probably already going to have i378 weapons. What difference does it make to them that this weapon is not quite as good as the weapon they already vendored?

Lets face facts, it is not going to hurt their epeen to see us running around with a weapon almost as good as their old one. And it is probably not going to make a normal mode raider better than a heroic mode raider who has a better weapon than you anyway.

Making it barely better than the i359 weapons makes zero sense though because us normal mode raiders are the ones who would find an upgrade like this the most useful.

The S9 PvP weapon is the free upgrade for brand new 85s (a new player can't afford a 10-20k sword generally), the i365 weapons only place in the game is a stepping stone from i359 to i378 raid weapons.
07/27/2011 01:36 PMPosted by Kahk
Perhaps if the outcry is loud enough blizz will at least un-nerf the top end damage?

There are still a LOT of people who have no clue; tooltip is still incorrect in game so I see more and more people running around with these weapons thinking they are awesome.

Once Blizzard pushed the tooltip data live the outcry will be pretty enormous; especially with tickets asking for older weapons back that were sold to a vendor or doinked for a crystal.

I think what we have here is...
∙ CS team sees customers griping about weapon.
∙ CS team asks Dev Team, "Was the Masterwork Elementium Deathblade intended to be nerfed?"
∙ Dev Team says, "Yep."
∙ CS team responds to customers with "Working as intended."

Instead of asking a tailored question like, "Did you intend to double nerf the Masterwork Elementium Deathblade from ~3200TED to ~3000TED and then to ~2800TED?"

I think you hit the nail on the head.
I guess the word got around my server because this thing is selling on the AH for 10k while the other 365s are going for 16k-20k.
Getting the word out is important; at least let people know what they're buying/crafting.

I think you hit the nail on the head.

when they fix the tooltip and the great outcry happens, i predict they'll make it a 3.8 speed and nerf the stats or the damage range on it. they won't just fix it. apparenly its 2h spec people's turn to suffer from bad itemization. next expac we'll see a total dearth of intellect weapons for casters or they'll put massive spirit on everything or something like that.

The whole issue is that because of the 3.5s speed the damage range is too low to be of use to 2hander users. Buffing the speed to 3.8s without increasing the damage range to keep it in line with the correct DPS for the weapon would actually be a massive nerf.

The damage range is currently correct at 3.5s, and it is correct at 3.8s on the in game tool tip.

We just need it bug fixed to be a 3.8s weapon that is actually working as intended, ie a helping hand moving from T11 normal mode raiding to T12 mode raiding.

Either that or an explanation of why blizzard think that making a hugely expensive i365 weapon worse than a free i359 archaeology drop, and not significantly better than a S9 free honor weapon.
... a free i359 archaeology drop...

While it was free for me, 10 troll combines, other people have reported 400-500 combines and I would not consider that "free".
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/70164">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/70164

There was a page here

It's gone now.
07/28/2011 09:24 AMPosted by Garrom
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/70164">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/70164

There was a page here

It's gone now.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/70164

Fixed.
07/28/2011 09:19 AMPosted by Kahk
... a free i359 archaeology drop...

While it was free for me, 10 troll combines, other people have reported 400-500 combines and I would not consider that "free".

Very true, but it is still not a reason (as has been suggested) for why the i365 sword should be worse than the archaeology one. In fact, given the existence of the archaeology sword combined with the honor S9 weapons it makes even less sense for the i365 2 hander to be so terrible.

There must be some reason why blizzard decided to nerf the sword into the ground and not fix the tooltip, even after 5 years of ret I am not ready to go with the conspiracy thing, I hope there is a valid reason for the nerf.

It is just another example of blizzard and their terrible customer service, there are an awful lot of times that their pointless, accidental, inexplicable, and sometimes even vindictive feeling nerfs would be well served to come with an explanation for just what was going through the devs heads at the time.

Being ret I think we have probably build up a considerably longer list than most, but this is just the latest in a whole series of things that leave the customers scratching their heads.

The nerfs annoy me but I can deal with them, I just wish blizzard would tell us what the nerfs were in aid of a lot of the time.
...Seems like it was buffed to me.

That would be because you seem to lack the understanding of melee dps class mechanics.

Weapons Speed adjusts Weapon Damage.
Melee abilities are based off of Weapon Damage.
Lower Speed == Lower Weapon Damage == Lower DPS overall.