Shadow needs an instant damage dealer

Priest
Shadow can't do a lot when they are getting locked down, especially by melee. so and instant cast damage dealing spell would be nice. Our damage while freecasting is amazing, but when we get a targeted in arena i feel like i my window of opportunity to cast is really low due to all the interrupts and stuns in the game.

A spell that doesn't have a cast time and does small damage would help us in damage, since all i do while getting focused is put up my 2 instant dots and try to fake all the interrupts for a VT
Anyone else share my thoughts?
You'd run into the same problem that locks have with Fel Flame. Most instance casts nukes don't hit very hard (ice lance, fel flame). I don't think we need another nuke to be honest.

E: I think that we're losing more and more of our caster tank playstyle, thus we need a slight buff to our control. Maybe bring back Blackout, but instead of RNG just give us a legit CC from it. But then again, people will say there is to much CC in this game anymore.
Mind flay while moving would be nice.
Devouring Plague
done and done
Devouring Plague
done and done

JK oom
07/23/2011 06:23 PMPosted by Drilldo
Mind flay while moving would be nice.

50% movement speed + I can run from you... trollolololololol
When mages get trained a good % of their damage comes from ice lance. Shadow priests have very small damage output when we are getting focused. Correct me if i am wrong but every caster has some sort of instant damage dealing spell.

@ DP post

It stops the dot tick, and only does about 3-6k dmg with the 2 point talent also costs a ton of mana.

@ Mind flay while moving

Would be mega OP. A glyph that reduces the slow to like 10% would be fine imo
I'm not a 2200+ player like yourself, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Isn't that why you get a rogue to peel for you?

I play with a mage, so there is peals when i get low. But he can't keep 2 people off me for very long with healers just dispelling novas and sheeps.
devouring plague works fine =/ ive never had mana issued while using swd on cooldown
07/24/2011 03:58 PMPosted by Nearly
devouring plague works fine =/ ive never had mana issued while using swd on cooldown

I don't think DP is supposed to be fill that role. SW:D has a cooldown and does 2-3k dmg if the target is above 25%.
DP is not a competitive option or even a remotely decent answer to the problem of Spriest's being trained by melee really wish people would stop putting it forth as a valid solution.
It's damage is low as a nuke and costs a fair bit, you can't spam it to win; any class with a self heal/dmg will negate it instantly.

What Spriest's need is a way to force melee off them and keep them away for a moment. Some kind of reverse life grip would immensely help; or even tack some utility onto DP... make DP add a slow % if talented/glyph'd.

Mindflay whilst moving would be definitely OP, to be a valid option it'd need it slow either removed completely or taken down to a very low amount.
Can you imagine the QQ of melee as we kited them all day long? It'd be immense for sure.
DP is not a competitive option or even a remotely decent answer to the problem of Spriest's being trained by melee really wish people would stop putting it forth as a valid solution.
It's damage is low as a nuke and costs a fair bit, you can't spam it to win; any class with a self heal/dmg will negate it instantly.

What Spriest's need is a way to force melee off them and keep them away for a moment. Some kind of reverse life grip would immensely help; or even tack some utility onto DP... make DP add a slow % if talented/glyph'd.

Mindflay whilst moving would be definitely OP, to be a valid option it'd need it slow either removed completely or taken down to a very low amount.
Can you imagine the QQ of melee as we kited them all day long? It'd be immense for sure.

Agreed
I would like SWD to have a 3 sec cooldown, and for goodness sake, the whole self damage thing is pointless now that Vamp embrace is so lacking.

In late WoTLK, VE healing was vastly superior, and SPs rocked. We really just need our VE healing to get back to 15% of damage done.
I swear to god you people are dumb if you think mobile mindflay would be OP. The entire basis for you claiming this is omg, 50% snare and you can move?!

Have you forgotten just about every single snare in this game is a long duration one that persists after the spell has been cast? Mindflay is the only snare in game that ends the moment you stop channeling, the very moment, and you root yourself the entire duration of the channel, which means you're not creating a gap at all, you're still losing distance from your target the entire time.

If a mage casts frostbolt and then decides to run away, guess what, their target is snared while the mage can move! He can CoC / cast slow / etc as well and move while his targets slowed. Hunters can concussive shot, then do -other- abilities while his targets slowed, never having to stand still. Warlocks can exhaust via instant cast while moving then do whatever the hell he wants.

Priests however, being able to cast a slow that ends the moment they stop channeling (and lets not pretend especially in pvp, that a spriest can or should mindflay fulltime,) while only being able to backpeddle... that somehow is OP. You guys have no idea what the hell you're talking about, its like you speak without even trying to think because the stupid ideas are overflowing out of your tiny skulls.
07/23/2011 07:29 PMPosted by Adamz
Correct me if i am wrong but every caster has some sort of instant damage dealing spell.

SWD?

DP initial burst?

MB on 3x MS proc? (It's directional but still can be cast while moving.. l2180)

???

What am I missing?

Edit: If we're having a b!tch session, I'd be very happy if MS didn't cancel dots OR was able to proc orbs, or even if MB CD was reduced so that I didn't end up having to flay a couple ticks waiting for the last few seconds of MB CD after I hit my 3rd MS. *mutters about retarded timing issues again*
07/24/2011 04:50 PMPosted by Ankhe
Correct me if i am wrong but every caster has some sort of instant damage dealing spell.

SWD?

DP initial burst?

MB on 3x MS proc? (It's directional but still can be cast while moving.. l2180)

???

What am I missing?

lol....

warlocks have fel flame, druids moonfire, mages ice lance

we have nothing close to that
lol....

Do you really find it necessary to be competitive? Serious question, not trolling.
lol....

Do you really find it necessary to be competitive? Serious question, not trolling.

When mages are getting trained most of their damage is ice lance damage.

Since we don't have that our damage is poor when we can't freecast.

If they added something like an ice lance and decreased the other nuke damage it would help. but that's just my opinion

It's also not very fun to have a ret paladin and DK on you and you not being able to do anything unless you get lucky and fake them both.
I swear to god you people are dumb if you think mobile mindflay would be OP. The entire basis for you claiming this is omg, 50% snare and you can move?!

Have you forgotten just about every single snare in this game is a long duration one that persists after the spell has been cast? Mindflay is the only snare in game that ends the moment you stop channeling, the very moment, and you root yourself the entire duration of the channel, which means you're not creating a gap at all, you're still losing distance from your target the entire time.

If a mage casts frostbolt and then decides to run away, guess what, their target is snared while the mage can move! He can CoC / cast slow / etc as well and move while his targets slowed. Hunters can concussive shot, then do -other- abilities while his targets slowed, never having to stand still. Warlocks can exhaust via instant cast while moving then do whatever the hell he wants.

Priests however, being able to cast a slow that ends the moment they stop channeling (and lets not pretend especially in pvp, that a spriest can or should mindflay fulltime,) while only being able to backpeddle... that somehow is OP. You guys have no idea what the hell you're talking about, its like you speak without even trying to think because the stupid ideas are overflowing out of your tiny skulls.

A never ending slow, while moving. sounds balanced. Frostbolt has a debuff timer AND can be dispelled. Mind flay cannot.

Nice post talking down to people when you haven't won an arena game.