Great PvE, Now Give PvP Some Lovin'!

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 22 Next
As I charge in the field of strife i get a rush of energy,
But then i look around and say "oh where's my enemy?
Bumping, for the THIRD time! FOR THE HORDE!!
My account was made at the very end of vanilla, so i never really exp the epicness of it, although I was impressed at the thought blizz put it in it (And I remember the VERY long AVs, even though they were long, they were AWESOME) TBC came and I PvE'd..It was fun..WOTLK came and I was getting really bored, being a PvE'r in a PvE enviroment so easy it was stupid, I quit wow until cata came out. I now PvP with a slight chance of PvE...And honoestly, I die a little bit inside when i see AV pop up in my random BG ques

Blizzard, change that. Oh, and do something about IoC..That place just sucks
I love you.

Approve 100%.
For the love of god, lsiten to this fine man.

While you're at it, bring PvP rewards up to par with PvE rewards.

As PvPers, we have far less opportunities to accumulate wealth, gain important/rare profession mats, obtain BoE weapons (for those of us who are greedy...), Obtain profession schematics/patters, etc..

Currently pure PvE'rs have the high end of the stick in terms of perks.
I believe it's safe to saythat PvPer's would like to share that end of the stick.

Solution: Implement New PvP vendors with recipes, mats (that aren't at outrageous prices...now i will not spend 500 honor+ for a couple savage leathers), vanity items, pets, etc.
-Implement gold for winning battlegrounds. (It could be a fun idea to have to talk to Kind Variann or Hellscream and claim or cash rewards for your heroism in battle...).

Well, there's my two Cents. Shout out to Foury: great post, i read the entire thing. Don't forget to update it with community suggestions. Hint hint, what i just wrote. :)
i loved the old AV matches, only thing the claim where u say they should be similar to 3 hour raids..... they used to last WAY more than 3 hours if you got good people in them. Maybe an idea for this would be to change AV to another TB/wintergrasp kind of zone except by battlegroup? idk gives more incentive to sit there for hours on end working towards beating the opposing team.

Something that NEEDS to be addressed as far as pvp goes, i think that might even take priority over this is world pvp.... its dead the guards are too annoying to actually complete either of the city leaders in org/sw. flying mounts completely shattered world pvp in my mind, it was nice before to sit there and run/chase people. gave a better feeling to the game, I MISS LAND MOUNTS BLIZZARD.

:(

EDIT:
07/27/2011 11:18 AMPosted by Umyea
-Implement gold for winning battlegrounds. (It could be a fun idea to have to talk to Kind Variann or Hellscream and claim or cash rewards for your heroism in battle...).
bring back the old marks and let them be tradable for gold.
07/27/2011 11:18 AMPosted by Umyea

One of the previous suggestions was to increase the gold looted from player corpses in battlerounds to match level 85 mobs/elites. Receiving gold as well as honor would certainly be nice, and I hear that armor actually used to drop in AV. I certainly agree that we need more rewards of that sort in general in PvP.

My Priest never levels his enchanting because he never gets mats (he is 90% a PvP toon now). I sometimes get a shard off of old seasons' PvP gear, but for greens I need to go do PvE, which I'd rather not.

Battles, fights and warzones bloody
Roads and bunkers, Strife Fields muddy.
Classic's missing from AV,
Without it there's no PvP.

I agree 99%. I only disagree with
- Update Drek'Thar's model to reflect the fact that he now fights from the comfort of his wheelchair.

lol.

Also, maybe make resilience apply to the npcs. That way all players will use pvp gear, rather than a tank in pve gear being necesary.
I honestly just wish they would remove the specialties between the two and allow both to be universal with one another, but that would require more item balance sadly, that would take too much time and effort.
07/27/2011 04:40 PMPosted by Shadownature
Also, maybe make resilience apply to the npcs. That way all players will use pvp gear, rather than a tank in pve gear being necesary.

If Drek'thar's damage was modified by resilience, I'd tank him myself.

Bloodlust.
Hard-fought victory.

Now just a mindless race.

Oh, hey, we won!
Neat.
Sorry I didnt read, but I support giving PvP more love :]
If Drek'thar's damage was modified by resilience, I'd tank him myself.

Bloodlust.
Hard-fought victory.

Now just a mindless race.

Oh, hey, we won!
Neat.

I'm confused why you think you would be able to tank him. You still miss the 50%+ physical damage reduction, and all the talents and abilities that a tank would have. I guess it would be a much smaller survivability gap, but a mage unable to use cc is still going to die about 10x quicker than a prot warrior.
i'am all for this 100% i nver did get to play the old 60 AV but i rember seeing my dad in soem 8+hour AV's and id like to at least see AV return close to what it was back in the day it was more fun than and was till in BC till they did so many changes to it that its as you said a race to the end when it could be so much more
Balance is no longer a concern for Arenas. We've received the message loud and clear that we ought to be doing rated battledgrounds, but I'm the guild master of a PvE guild I love and cannot find enough people who want to do rated battlegrounds.

Arenas are in a fairly poor state of balance right now, but I still enjoy playing them.
Great post i agree
I don't necessarily agree with all those suggestions but I do like some and this is the only topic getting ant attention for pvp there for I must support it. PvP needs some serious lovin, it's been extremely neglected this expansion.

Personally my issues with pvp are: I want the amount of cc or damage to be reduced, 3 matches are all about popping all your cooldowns and zerging some one in 30 seconds. It's just not fun.

Matching boots/belts for all classes, rets, dks, warriors, enhancement shaman, etc all has mismatched gear. Also add 2200 belt colors.

Give spec that are suffering in pvp some help, for example destro locks, why not give them dispell protection on immolate like ua and flame shock?
I would play this!