#2Buyers beware:The 365 2h sword is 3.5 speed

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 26 Next
I'm hoping that they would refund me my mats or better yet fix the weapon to make it better.
07/29/2011 12:45 PMPosted by Eyrines
so errrr...is it stupid of me since i got it made....disenchanted my chogal axe...slapped a landslide on it....?

Yes. You are in teh stoopid club with me wielding The Sword of 1000 Lies.
07/29/2011 12:40 PMPosted by Zamm
3 very popular classes. Around 35% of players have a spec that should want this weapon (of course not all of them want it). I might hazard a guess that that is potentially a higher number of players than got affected by the honor mess up.

It would be nice if it was.
I did all the dailies myself, and crafted it with my own mats. Reforged it, threw a Landslide on it, and now I know it was all a waste.

I asked a GM about reimbursement or removing the Soulbound tag, and was told they can't help. And it doesn't even have a new or decent model.

I'm extremely disappointed with how this has played out.
Yep, and seeing as how the last blue post on the matter was about... 16 pages of thread ago, I'm guessing they're done with us.

I don't understand how something so blatantly unfair to the paying customer is just allowed to stand like this, as if 10-20k gold (depending on opportunity cost and server values) and 2/3 of a month of daily grinding is just no big deal and we should just roll with this.

A good idea is to, I don't know, fix the tooltip before the weapon is available, or something.

I want my mats back, could make something actually useful, like any of the other 365 blacksmith weapons.

As I said in the first thread, I'd be more than fine with 3.6 speed - a small, but clear and direct upgrade over most of the previous-content equipment (Zin excluded due to 3.8 speed). A sidegrade is unacceptable considering the investment required for this weapon. The fact that it's arguably a *downgrade* is just unfair.
This is easy math.

Blizzard is either acting out of spite or incompetence because the easy math disproves 100% of their claims regarding the supposed reason for the nerf and there is no complicated math to suggest otherwise.

And since this thing is still being sold in-game with an incorrect tooltip, and GMs are not refunding mats or doing anything to compensate those who were tricked into buying a 3.5 weapon, it only seems fair to leave it at 3.8 (for being so unprofessional about the whole thing) or finalize it at 3.6, which is still gimped, but at least performs a bit closer to the other i365s.

07/28/2011 06:33 PMPosted by Zarhym
We wanted this weapon to be roughly on par with weapons from the previous tier, since it can be purchased from the Auction House. It wasn't intended to compete as much with current raid drops, as it felt weird that a strength-based DPS crafted weapon was more attractive than some of its counterparts.

But this is not true for the other i365 craftables, so why the unfair bias agianst 2H?

And for people who want a 378 right now, just go to the AH and pick one up. It's RELATIVELY easy and not cost prohibitive and you don't have to wonder if you got a decent upgrade. Oh, unless your spec only works with 2H. Then, you get nothing of the sort.

Posted by Sylvaenys
"Unacceptable considering that the tooltip was only changed in-game today. I've been waiting to see what Blizzard's "resolution" would be to this issue before figuring out what I would do about it, so of course didn't ask for restoration within 24 hours of having it made (and then figuring out that they did the bait and switch, yet again...)."

??? at underlined, It still shows as 3.80 3006TED to me. Last thread had a guy showing it's proper stats and he found out it was an addon.

The tooltip has been changed in game, at least on my server. It's clearly showing the speed at 3.58, with 2769TED. Yesterday, it said 3.80. I don't use any addons that would affect this type of thing.

Blizzard, there is no acceptable response to this issue with the Masterwork Elementium Deathblade except to either restore the mats and/or gold that players spent on the item directly or to have it crafted, or unbind the item so that it can be sold or passed to another character who might benefit from the weapon (as in, a character that doesn't already have something almost as good).

I'm not sure why Blizzard keeps doing this kind of thing, but the bait and switch is really getting old. I seem to be putting a lot of tickets in about this type of thing lately.
07/29/2011 01:22 PMPosted by Hauthorn
And for people who want a 378 right now, just go to the AH and pick one up. It's RELATIVELY easy and not cost prohibitive and you don't have to wonder if you got a decent upgrade. Oh, unless your spec only works with 2H. Then, you get nothing of the sort.

Also, we hope you like haste on your 2hander, cause you're definitely getting haste on your 2hander.

But I digress...
So a couple of things to add...

∙ June 29th, 2011: 4.2 Patch went Live.
∙ July 29th, 2011: The Masterwork Elementium Deathblade's in-game tooltip is now correct.
∙ It took the developers a month to fix a tooltip error.
∙ It appears that they only fixed the single tooltip error.
∙ July 19th, 2011: Improved Deathstrike was hotfixed to be 40/80/120%.
∙ Why have you not solo fixed this tooltip in game, on your website, or on wowhead?
∙ Why, since you can, do you not push tooltips out for items/abilites when they get hotfixed?
Why did I make this POS for myself? Oh well, I still have a Nef-only lockout saved. Maybe I'll get super lucky and have Ash'Kandi drop. Cross your fingers for me guys.

Oh wait, I remember. I saw that 3.8 and saw the weapon damage and felt that ~400 weapon damage increase over my ZG mace was worth the 6k I spent on Truegold. Then, looked at my character sheet and realized is sucked. A lot. That's real nice. Thanks.

And to avoid people posting saying faster weapons are better, many attacks account for weapon damage in their damage formulae. Slower weapons with the same ilevel as a faster one will do more DPS because of this, because their weapon damage is increased to keep the weapons white hit DPS the same.
07/29/2011 01:24 PMPosted by Sylvaenys
The tooltip has been changed in game, at least on my server.

Changed on mine now as well. It shows the nerfed stats.
Kind of lame because right now the new 2handed sword is an increase of about 2.6% or so over the 359s while the 1handers are an increase of 5.4% over the old 359s.

If the new sword was 3.6 weapon speed it would also be a 5.4% increase over the 359 weapons, making it an upgrade even with what the 1handers got. Oh wells D:
The way I see it there are 2 problems:

1) Sloppiness by Blizzard. I know this is a large game, but where is their QA to verify that a bug fix actually works before marking the defect as resolved? (Basic software engineering - one person fixes and another verifies.)

2) Quality of item is substandard compared to other crafted materials. Even if you argue that 3.8 would make it "too good", then it should have been lowered to 3.6 and not 3.5. As the previous post pointed out this would make the weapon slightly better than the T11 raid drops.

This change smells like yet another instance of class bias (anyone who has played melee vs range knows how one sided cataclysm mechanics are).
07/29/2011 12:08 PMPosted by Zamm
One of the oddest things about blizzards reasoning behind this whole mess is that it is utterly cancelled out by the archaeology weapon being better.

As it should be.

I have every archaeology achievement. I never saw a troll sword.
07/29/2011 01:31 PMPosted by Kahk
Why have you not solo fixed this tooltip in game, on your website, or on wowhead?

Did you just ask why Blizzard didn't fix wowhead?
07/29/2011 01:41 PMPosted by Azreluna
I have every archaeology achievement. I never saw a troll sword.

I've had the dang troll sword since forever, been wanting an upgrade for a while now and this was going to be it... not now.
07/29/2011 01:17 PMPosted by Verz
Yep, and seeing as how the last blue post on the matter was about... 16 pages of thread ago, I'm guessing they're done with us.

16 pages ago was yesterday. They might be considering changing it to 3.6, but I'd be surprised if that bounced from the forums to the devs back to the forums in anything less than 2 days.
If I had known about this I would have just made two scalpers and went single minded fury. Then use one of the scalpers as a tanking weapon, instead of duel weilding these two gold sinks, and making a third unbreakable guardian. I didn't even like the haste on it.
07/29/2011 01:43 PMPosted by Azreluna
Why have you not solo fixed this tooltip in game, on your website, or on wowhead?

Did you just ask why Blizzard didn't fix wowhead?

When an in-game Game Master tells you that you should have checked www.wowhead.com first before making the item...

So yeah, my point is, if they are going to make it our responsibilty to check on www.wowhead.com for stats before making items or thinking abilities do a certain thing, they need to be responsible enough to ensure that the data on www.wowhead.com is correct.