Gilneas, An idea for world pvp continued.

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 17 Next
I like this. A lot.
more people need to see this.
Bumping. Check the idea out & read through the capped topic.
Supporting this idea not a big fan of pvp but something needs to be done with gilneas it's such a unique and well built place.
Bumo
Bump
bump
so...........will not be implemented in Cata?

Or will it be in 4.3?

Or will it be in 4.3?

Probably never unfortunately. Gilneas is set up perfectly for urban combat style pvp but will probably end up being a daily quest hub.

Or will it be in 4.3?

Probably never unfortunately. Gilneas is set up perfectly for urban combat style pvp but will probably end up being a daily quest hub.

My guess is as I posted and confirmed the devs did read this idea in the other thread and this one. I'm sure there is something planning to go on with gilneas, and it is possible that gilneas was already in deliberation to be a quest hub or something, but perhaps they saw our ideas and may add more pvp to it.
EVERYONE - A CM IS TAKING PVP REQUESTS POST IN THE THREAD A LINK HERE: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2973257189?page=1#3
I support this idea 100%

Addition: With concerns for off hour times and server imbalance. One solution could be to set a limit to how long a faction can hold the city. So battles could start at any time but if one side holds for to long the city reverts after a set period of like 2-4 hours.

Or add a debuff to the holder after a set amount of time. That way if one side holds it for a long amount of time it would give the other faction a shot at taking it.

Just skipped through a lot of the posts and really love the idea, but the idea of a debuff for whoever controls the city for too long is boring and overused. Instead, add something like reinforcements. Lets say, the leader of the attack has called in for reinforcements to break the stalemate.

"A unit from Ironforge's Siege Brigade should be arriving in three hours."
Every hour, a different unit comes to assist the attackers.

1 hour - Airborne Medic unit arrives: Friendly player corpses become interactive, by clicking on the body of a fallen player (while out of combat), you shoot a flare into the air. A goblin/gnome Airborne Medic parachutes down and shocks the player back to life. The use is instant and the rez is instant because it takes a short time for the Medic to land and he can be killed.

2 hours - Something :D

3 hours - Siege Unit arrives: Attackers can receive an on-use item from the Siege Unit leader which can be used to place a ground-target AoE or circle, which will call in artillery from the Siege Units. Destructive if attacking players coordinate it's use. Increased damage vs enemy defenses such as turrets.

4 hours - Elite Unit arrives: When a section is taken, a special elite unit will protect it.. for example, for the Horde: Gob Squad, or some elite Forsaken unit. This would allow for an outnumbered attacker to attack other sections, as the NPC's would be sufficient guards for already taken sections.

Which units, what they do, and how powerful they are is debatable, but would be an improvement over a flat out debuff for the defender and would prove to be more interesting.

I am terrible at ideas or a sense of balance, but anything would be better than throwing in a debuff.
08/18/2011 08:40 PMPosted by Ketsuraku
I am terrible at ideas or a sense of balance, but anything would be better than throwing in a debuff.

It was just an idea of trying to help with faction balance concerns.

It was just an idea of trying to help with faction balance concerns.

I understand. The debuff works, but I'm just throwing in my two cents.. my idea wouldn't be as linear an advantage or easily measured as a % buff/debuff to the attacker/defender would be, but I think it would be very interesting.
Have it so when one faction takes over a district, they cant just stand around and wait for it to cap, they have to do something within the shops and houses within that district in order to take it over, and if its in danger the oppisite faction can like lock themselves in within the house and kill the person trying to takeover that part of the district. This is so its not just one big massive clunk of fighting in one area. And you can make each district a different way to take over.
I swear Blizzard, if you implement this person's idea I will be all over it even though I've been ignoring PVP since vanilla.
I agree with everything Darck said. Make Gilneas the next PvP hub!

Suggestion: Why not be able to use that submarine for offensive or defensive purposes depending on who controls the city?
Love this. Just a suggestion. It would be cool if the battle had various factors that determined who took each section of the city. For example, control points could grant resources that would eventually lead to being able to summoning friendly NPC's that would march across the battlefield and assist your team. (Very much like the elemental bosses in Alterac Valley).

And it would be cool if the bosses were serious characters from lore. Perhaps (and this is pretty far-fetched) Sylvanas drops into the battlefield to assist the Horde while Greymane drops in to help the Alliance.

This is a great thread and I hope that Blizzard can see all the supporters.