Lowest level spirit beast?

Hunter
Is Arcturis the lowest level spirit beast that I can tame once I hit lvl 74? Or is there another I missed with an even lower level requirement?
http://wow-petopia.com/family/spiritbeast.html

Merry Christmas :P
Yeah, game could probably use a level 70 spirit beast or something.

Oh wait, we call those core hounds. Nevermind.
Find me a core hound that can cast Spirit Mend.
I have heard from a number of people that spirit beasts are special in that you do not have to be the same or higher level to tame them... can someone confirm this? It isn't the case for other exotic pets, I tried to tame King Krush today and no dice, was too low level.
This is incorrect. No matter the family or type of beast, you must be the same level as the beast you want to tame or higher. Spirit beasts are no exception to this rule.
:( ok thanks, saves me the trouble of finally finding one and not being able to tame it. Though I could time the spawn times from it...
Just confirmed, found Arcturis at lvl 73 and couldn't tame him. Luckily right before i decided to kill him another hunter arrived so let him have it :)
08/17/2011 12:15 PMPosted by Gurox
Just confirmed, found Arcturis at lvl 73 and couldn't tame him. Luckily right before i decided to kill him another hunter arrived so let him have it :)

why would you decide to kill it instead of doing a /who hunter and seeing if anyone wanted him first? that's quite rude, sir. you're not a death knight, you're a hunter. we don't just go around killing pets!
THIS. Why on earth would you Ever kill a spirit beast? (other than loque if she's still part of the achievement, though I'd never kill her either) Far as I'm concerned, if you kill one, they should become untamable to your character. I mean, you KNOW how hard camping one is... why would you do that? Why would it even cross your mind, other than to be a jerk?