Roleplaying 102: The Revenge of Society

Wyrmrest Accord
One more point as a warning about ERP. You do not know the age of the person behind the other keyboard. If I were to ERP (and I am NOT) and me being 47 ends up erping w/ a 16 year old. I can go to jail. and being a father myself I will hit the ceiling if I see my child ERPing and probably turn the other guy in. THis would by the way be my only rant in all of WoW actually.. Play the character evil villian mode. whatever. just know the person your umm... "having coffee" with.
When people dragon RP and they get god-modd-y about it, I tell them to duel me. During the duel, if they can't turn into a dragon then I guess they're not one. The game will always settle the score for us.
Just a food for thought question: If you have ever had a character that died and got brought back to life (rp wise, of course), how did it happen? Crazy rituals? Spirit healers? Time travel? If you haven't done this, how would you do it... Or would you do it at all?

Also, another question (sorry, I'm cheating two for one, here)... If you HAD to have a toon who was immortal for whatever reason, how would you handle that immortality? Do you like, or dislike people who make their toons immortal, or does it just depend on the situation?
08/28/2016 12:44 PMPosted by Shenalla
Just a food for thought question: If you have ever had a character that died and got brought back to life (rp wise, of course), how did it happen? Crazy rituals? Spirit healers? Time travel? If you haven't done this, how would you do it... Or would you do it at all?

Also, another question (sorry, I'm cheating two for one, here)... If you HAD to have a toon who was immortal for whatever reason, how would you handle that immortality? Do you like, or dislike people who make their toons immortal, or does it just depend on the situation?

Thought for a second you were referring to dks... XD

I usually treat soul rez as a thing that "must be done asap". Note that rezzing actually exists outside of gameplay (varian, desharin?)

Having said that though i tend to avoid including rezzes during rp... Just sayin
More people should be directed here, as the special snowflakes are growing so vast in numbers, it's not even fun to open RP anymore for fear of Bob the destroyer of all things and his invulnerable underpants of doom walks in and throws ragnaros at you.
This is a nice post, thanks for making it. I hope lots of folks get to see it. The comments are generally good too, it is nice to see.

I especially like the commentary on dragon rp. I have done it myself effectively and it is quite fun, but when people do it wrong it just is some of the worst, really haha. I feel like dragon rp can, at times, go hand in hand with the op toon bit, tho. Like why bother at that point? Playing a drake makes more sense than a full dragon anyway, what reason would a house sized dragon with bigger problems to deal with have to hang around in Stormwind? Especially considering how much weaker they are in lore now after cata. Drakes may wander and explore to learn or seek power but most dragons are likely staying in more central locations to protect their flights. My thoughts, anyway.

OP toons are a confusing thing to play anyway. One of my characters, the one I have been RPing since vanilla, has BECOME very powerful but she certainly didn't start that way, and if she did, I wouldn't have had all of the amazing adventures that got her where she is now. And part of toon growth should be a little wisdom, to know better than tk flaunt your power like an idiot. My toon is very private, reserved, and avoids conflict as much as possible to avoid being forced to use any of the powers she acquired. Not only that, but her powers have a deep downfall too and while they make her strong, it has created a few equally powerful vulnerabilities...

Balance, in all things!
It might have been a joke but the gnome part was still rude
What if my Hunter has animal-like abilities? Increased sense of smell/hearing, temporary burst of speed or strength (aspects!), etc. Is that acceptable?