T11 head and shoulders for jp

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 26 Next

my god its like talking to a 5 yr old. DUUUUUDDDEEE i raid, but i DONT see the point of leaving out gear when im gearing up to raid.

They didn't leave out gear. All vp items were moved to jp. Every. Single. One.

Items that were not on valor? Yeah, they aren't on jp now. That's not just tier pieces, that's all item drops in raids. Nothing was 'left out'.

While starter 'sets' as such don't exist, pre-raid gearing in this tier is perfectly fine, just as it was last tier. If you have jp/zgza gear you're perfectly fine for fl. If you have daily rewards too, you're ahead of the game.
This issue does bug me only due to the point of nobody does old content on my server in any sort of regular fashion. I also fail to see the logic of providing part of a set for points and not the whole set, or, you can have two scoops but no cone. This is old gear people. Keep tokens for Heroic upgrades. That would be plenty of incentive to try that out, but just make the previous set for points, and not just parts.

While I'm at it, lets talk about how/why 346 gear is the same cost as 359! Drop the prices on the 346 gear. It's absurd.

BTW Did Orbs become unbound today? I'm at work.
08/09/2011 12:14 PMPosted by Iknowitsucks
waste of typing space....i said the starter set with jp, then the upgrades for it by doing raids...so now how am i saying that the folks who dont raid like you are getting the same thing as you?

I used three levels of education for a reason. i have nothing against T13 coming in 3 flavors, VP version at i404. Normal mode token/quest fragments at i417 and H mode token/quest fragments at i430.

That seems perfectly fair and sensible.

However, that system is not in place for T11 and T12. It might be better if it was but that is now a moot point.

And that system not being there is absolutely no reason to even further lessen the value of raiding when blizzard main aim has to be to stop their haemorrhaging players.

They need to be encouraging raiding week in week out as that is where the money comes from, and subsequently where the new content comes from. People running 5 mans for a month or two until they have seen all there is to do, and gotten all there is to get is not going to keep people playing for as long as encouraging them to raid will.
Blizzard already said everything there needs to be said, go whine about something else.
I don't get it.

These people have access to two entire tiers of gear higher (353 & 359 along with 365 off pieces) than what people had starting the raids. In addition to this, the mechanics have been nerfed on almost every boss by a sweeping 20%.

The players said "Let us see content!" and Blizzard obliged. Those players are now saying "Screw the content, we just want its loot.", and that's where they draw the line. They aren't making those raids for their own enjoyment, it's for yours. It's supposed to be the climax of the game.

Go out there and play it!
08/09/2011 12:26 PMPosted by Failbot
This issue does bug me only due to the point of nobody does old content on my server in any sort of regular fashion.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2973249850
Wow, you people are really lazy. Now you want every piece of tier for JP? Go raid, get out of your comfort circle, you might actually like it.
08/09/2011 12:26 PMPosted by Failbot
This issue does bug me only due to the point of nobody does old content on my server in any sort of regular fashion. I also fail to see the logic of providing part of a set for points and not the whole set, or, you can have two scoops but no cone. This is old gear people. Keep tokens for Heroic upgrades.

Solace was an old trinket when icc came out. Healers who didn't have it would pug toc25 every single week to get it, though. Being 'old' doesn't really mean anything; it certainly doesn't mean it should automatically be put on the jp vendor.

The fact of the matter is this gear provides an incentive to do prior tier, which makes pugs a little more practical. I don't think it's quite as strong an incentive as toc25 trinkets were, but anything is better than nothing.
(Sigh) For all the people with common sense do yourself a favor and just leave this thread and let these lazy fools cray for crap they will never get.

We know things work. If you want something you have to do what it takes to get it. That is it. If you do no do what it takes to get what you want then you do not want it bad enough. People can make up any excuse they want but that fact never changes.

All the people that want T11 helm and shoulders for JP are just loot (insert expletive here). Why is it not important for all Tier helm and shoulders be purchasable through JP or even gold then? No one cares because they only want relevant gear without doing the leg work to get it.

As for those who scream that they only want progression?

1. You can progress your toon just fine with what is available through VP.

2. And this is a big one:

4.3 will bring more 5 mans with undoubtedly better gear. We all know that T-11 gear will get ditched for 4.3 dungeon gear when it gets released. So why the hell are players making all this stupid fuss over getting gear that they will replace shortly? If it's all about progressing your toon or getting matching gear wouldn't efforts be best spent asking Blizz to create dungeon sets in 4.3? Or at te very least let them know that you want them to take dungeon gear as seriously as tier gear.

Try this, "Hey Blizz. Remember those dungeon sets? We really like them and it would be great if you brought them back."

But instead you all choose this. "Hey Blizz. You know that gear that you want us to raid to get? Well we don't want to raid but we still want them so gimme."

Honestly, if Blizz ever listens to you people (Thank the lord they don't) WoW would crumble so fast the servers would be unplugged before you gathered enough JP for your precious "I want to look like a raider" gear.
This is not Wrath, the free loot giveaways are over. Be better or be gone.

It is far worse than wrath. I wanted a lot of the raid gear there. In 4.0 I needed 3 raid items to complete an i359 set. In T12 I can get over half the items without killing a raid boss. And even worse now, if you are in a progression run you will actually gear more slowly than a person who is just running 5 mans.

Are you seriously comparing levels of education with what people spend time doing in a video game?

And honestly, I think impersonating an MD is against the law in most states. Pretending that you beat a raid because you bought some gear with JPs is hardly in the same class.

And frankly, if you get your feelings hurt over how people get outdated raid gear, maybe one of the MDs with a specialty in psychiatry should be on your list of people to visit.

Do you understand what an analogy is? Go and look it up. If you still don't understand then come back here and I will explain it to you using words of two syllables or less and a little cartoon using crayons. Although you have to promise not to eat the crayons, even though I am sure you think the purple ones do taste of g@@#%s.
I don't get it.

These people have access to two entire tiers of gear higher (353 & 359 along with 365 off pieces) than what people had starting the raids. In addition to this, the mechanics have been nerfed on almost every boss by a sweeping 20%.

The players said "Let us see content!" and Blizzard obliged. Those players are now saying "Screw the content, we just want its loot.", and that's where they draw the line. They aren't making those raids for their own enjoyment, it's for yours. It's supposed to be the climax of the game.

Go out there and play it!

This should be bolded, put in blue and stickied. :P
I realize I don't "need" them to run firelands but every little bit helps and the aesthetics of having a full set is just cool. That's why I care.

ALSO, WHY NOT MAKE THEM PURCHASEABLE WITH VP AND A RECORDED CHO'GALL OR NEF KILL? That way you still have to down the bosses but aren't at the mercy of RNG for outdated content.
The players said "Let us see content!" and Blizzard obliged. Those players are now saying "Screw the content, we just want its loot.",

It's just about the loot and now that these guys have showed their real intentions I honestly hope Blizz never gives them anything. You can' make them happy. It was never about content.
Yo

And I'm saying to upgrade it or not, the basic full Tier set should NOT be available to people that don't want to invest the time necessary to get it. Dummy.

This is not Wrath, the free loot giveaways are over. Be better or be gone.

who said anything bout it being free? plz tell me, and when in wrath was it free? did i miss this "free gear week". *looks around*

you gotta remember, these people get a little distracted between typing with one hand while looking in the mirror, that not doing what they're doing always translates to free.
OH my GOD

Just SHUT UP and RUN BOT
What about us poor players who have downed Cho'gall and Nef several times and have yet to even see their class token drop?

Sometimes raids don't go our way. Sometimes drops don't go our way. I think anyone who has ever farmed for a mount or a particular piece of gear has had a similar experience and, while not getting a drop can be frustrating, one hopes that delayed gratification adds a little savor when you finally do obtain the object of your desire. Good things really do come to those who wait, or at least, exercise persistence and patience.

I should add that, unlike the olden days, you aren't leaving empty handed from any boss encounter, and you can spend the Valor Points you're obtaining to acquire even more powerful gear.