Transmogrification is coming

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 196 Next
Very much looking forward to this. Blizzard listened and delivered guys, this is good stuff, don't try to make it sound like a bad thing, we are also getting 3 new 5 mans and a new raid with Deathwing.

GOOD JOB GUYS!

Will we have to have the gear in our bags or bank to transmogrify something to appear like it? Or is it enough to have acquired it at some point?
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3309048#blog

What do you think?

That I would rather you spend more time making content than crap like this?

More dungeons and raids, less pretty-boy crap.

First:

Yes, I'm sure the encounter-design team spent many, many manhours on this feature. Just like the character design team spent ages playing flutes for the music in the new molten front area and the marketing team spent all those weeks cleaning the staff washrooms.

Secondly:

Just. No. The amount of time Blizzard spends on developing raids and instances compared to every other aspect of the game is hugely disproportionate. There are other apects of the game than your favourite bit of it. The way my toon looks is important to many of us, and the fact that Blizzard, after *5* years and *3* expansions is finally throwing a bone to those people (and pretty much only the second thing they've ever done - the only other purely cosmetic customisation option has been the hairdresser, which has recieved almost no attention since it was added) is hardly a sign that they are spending too much time on such features. Be happy that raiders get the vast majority of the Blizzard team's efforts are dedicated to developing new raid content and don't be so churlish when anyone else gets something they want.

Just look at me.

Please.

I need all the help I can get to be a pretty-boy.

Any info on old PvP gear? I would pay RL money to have my Vengeful appearance back, but I, and probably many other people as well, did not save all the gear I ever owned.

Very much looking forward to this. Blizzard listened and delivered guys, this is good stuff, don't try to make it sound like a bad thing, we are also getting 3 new 5 mans and a new raid with Deathwing.

GOOD JOB GUYS!

Will we have to have the gear in our bags or bank to transmogrify something to appear like it? Or is it enough to have acquired it at some point?

I sincerely hope it is enough to have had it before. If not, I will be terribly disappointed. Me want my Vengeful set!
08/17/2011 09:18 AMPosted by Grimr
oh and kaivax mind changing your avatar?? That is a pygmy but not a very good one bashiok would agree he knows what a true pygmy is. Thrashing through the jungles of kurast wielding a knife. Cutting down anything that gets in his little way. I mean surely there's a d3 model for THAT pygmy isn't there????

Oh don't worry. I'm going to be transmogrified myself in the next few months.
I have a question I'm hoping you can answer Kaivax. What about all the armor we can't get anymore? I'm thinking specifically of the two starting sets for DKs, but it also works for every unique looking quest item that looked neat but I just didn't have room to keep and because of Blizzards own words on abject refusal before now didn't believe I had a reason to. Will there be a way for us to get some of those back? Or a way for us to get items that look like them? Maybe the vendor that sells the DK flying mount can sell whites that look like them.

Thanks.
08/17/2011 09:17 AMPosted by Judiscpriest
Will i need item A so i can change item B into item A??

lol, I asked this before but everyone is too excited to read other posts.
Yes, you will have to obtained the item you want to make your current gear look like. Did you even read the blog post?

Transmogrification encourages players to hold onto items with sentimental or aesthetic value, and the Ethereals anticipate that personal bag and bank space will be at a premium now that everyone will be hoarding their frilly pantaloons and leather jerkins.
They are even giving you a special place to store the aesthetic gear.
man if my wife ever returns to WoW and learns about this she will spend thousands of gold trying out each appearance til she finds one she likes lol.

She already used the barber shop every day and spent 100g each day on them.

Reminds me of my wife but replace "g" with "$".
oh my gawd
You want them to make more 5 mans and raids for you to complain about them not having tried very hard on? Seems like you're feeding the system, here.

If Developers spent more time on making good content rather than making crap that has no impact on the game whatsoever, then we would have good content and a better game.

However, it seeps that you would rather prance around in Stormwind looking like you are wearing a tier set you didn't even earn. Yeah, that's a great use of time and effort.

If people want to strut around and pose in different clothes, there's a game called IMUV or something like that. You can play "dress up doll" to your heart's content.

I'd rather have more raids and more dungeons with better content.
Here's a funny thought: perhaps everyone enjoys the game in different ways. You like raiding and dungeons, but I like dungeons, playing the AH, farming for materials, dailies, PVP, and collecting and showing off armor sets.

Has it ever occurred to you that you're not the only one playing this game?

NO FUN ALLOWED.

Fun is killing difficult bosses. Fun isn't flouncing around Stormwind saying "look how pretty I am." Go find a social networking site and get yourself an avatar, if you want to do that.
I just hope when I use this with my gnome pirate hat, I become a gnome FOREVER!
I'm so unbelievably happy about this.

The old content just became super relevant again. I can't wait to see more people in trade looking to run old content, or even just farming it solo for a purpose.

I can't wait until I can wear all my favorite looking items all the time! God...

This is so cool.

I can't wait for 4.3, no matter anything else.

Oh, and for item sets ...

http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=81

The Postmaster's Band
The Postmaster's Tunic
The Postmaster's Treads
The Postmaster's Trousers