15 Man Raids!

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10
Nice necro, Logistic.
necro'd thread i remember this one from last year. jeeze it feels like last week...or atleast even during the school year!

But anyways, 40 man raids are not even enough imo :P

What surprises me is how much hardware has improved since WoW came out but...raids got smaller?
08/10/2011 08:15 PMPosted by Carthros
So three tanks, five healers and seven dps? Or two tanks, four healers and nine dps? Or three tanks four healers and eight dps?

Two tanks, three healers and 10 dps!
08/04/2012 03:22 PMPosted by Faulyn
Nice necro, Logistic.
I think the should add 15 man raids in cataclsym.
10 is too little and 25 is too much. It's like the PERFECT number.
So will we have 10/15/25 man raids. 15 mans will drop 3 pieces of gear following the 1Gear:5Players Ratio.

Please give your thought on this i would LOVE to see 15 man raids.

Edit:10Man-120VP 25Man-140VP so 15Man-130VP

I'd actually agree that 15 players make for a pretty optimal number of raiders, in terms of the logistics of forming a raid and class representation. The task of tuning raids for three separate sizes is one you probably won't see on our radar any time soon though.

aka you don't think investing time in a good idea is worth it? Seriously? This whole expansion was a failure on almost every conceivable level. This game is NOT above failure.. It can happen.
The reason that i think there should be 15 man raids is simply becuase of how many more cooldowns 25 man raids have apart from 10 mans. This gives them a big advantage in killing harder raid bosses even though they have more health. However, If 15 man raids are brought in, there will be more cooldowns for one and it is also much easier to set up a pug or even including people in the raid that werent able to be brought in for 10 man guild runs.
Reviving this thread because of a WoW insider article that just got posted today about the very small amount of 25 mans and a very large amount of 10 mans. (which we've all known about for a couple years now) Anyway, the article itself mentions NOTHING about 15 man raiding (its more of a pessimistic post about how 25 man raiding is dead) BUT if you look at the comments, about 1/3 of them are from people advocating 15 man raiding.

This is my pulling some of the best reasons for 15 man out of the comments:

• One raid size would eliminate the spacing issues and discrepancies we face today with 10 and 25 man raiding
  • Players do 10-mans, not nessessarily because they like it more, but because its easier to organize. 15 mans would not require a great deal more organization (not nearly the level of 25s anyway)
  • Game designers know that having more people in the raid makes it feel more epic. As 15 man is 50% bigger than 10, it would making raiding feel larger for 90% of today's raiders
  • A raid with a ratio of 2-3 tanks, 3-4 Healers, and 8-10 DPS would be a better fit to the game's distribution of raiders than current 10-mans

The major argument against 15-mans is that guilds would need to restructure. Obviously, when raiding went from 40 mans to 25 mans, a lot of guilds struggled to cut 15 people or recruit 10 and split themselves up. Most 25 mans (whats left of them) would very likely be relieved at only needing to fill 15 spots at launch of an expansion or major patch (look at Paragon). However, most 10 mans (90% of the raiding population) would need to fill those 5 extra spots. Filling 5 spots, however, is very different from either dropping people or adding people and splitting up. Groups going strong will not need to look far for 5 extra willing raiders, and 10 mans struggling to get off the ground may be able to find other struggling 10 mans to merge with for one good 15 man group. There will also be no splitting, except in the case of very strong 25 mans. As much as I hate to advocate causing difficulties for those who have managed to continue 25 man raiding, I think the growing pains into 15 for them is necessary to preserve large (15 man) raiding.

If you are a designer and have gotten to the bottom of my post, thank you for reading! I love knowing what I have to say has an impact (however small) on the game we all love. Additionally, head on over to WoW Insider and read the comments below the article I have described. You'll see a lot of people advocating 15 mans and may find some very good reasons to bring up at work.
    25s need to just be removed, and if 10s get bumped up to 15s then that will solve a lot of issues.

One raid size means that the dev team can spend a lot less time balancing around twice as many difficulties, and that means that more work will get put into individual boss mechanics so we don't have horrible unoptimized crap like Dragon Soul with its five difficulty settings.
    25s need to just be removed, and if 10s get bumped up to 15s then that will solve a lot of issues.

One raid size means that the dev team can spend a lot less time balancing around twice as many difficulties, and that means that more work will get put into individual boss mechanics so we don't have horrible unoptimized crap like Dragon Soul with its five difficulty settings.

I wouldn't care so much as long as there is no long term problems down the road but then again just make 10 and 15 man raids.
    08/10/2011 07:42 PMPosted by Zarhym
    The task of tuning raids for three separate sizes is one you probably won't see on our radar any time soon though.

This view is not wrong.

BUT, it would be interesting to see it done as an experiment for ONE raid in a MULTI-raid tier. I would be very curious to know the participation numbers.

I also feel like 10 is too small a group, but 25 is too big for "serious" raiding that has difficulty. What I mean is, while we all want to do it, it's just so hard to herd those cats that it's practically impossible for most of us. As I say that though, I want to clarify that 25 is a great number for the fun chaos of LFR.
    If you look at my post above, as well as the topic of this whole thread, you'll see that I'm not advocating 3 raid sizes. Rather, I'm advocating just one
    yeah, let's just do it.
    08/10/2011 07:52 PMPosted by Onni
    Wasn't UBRS originally a 15 man?

UBRS, LBRS, Scholo and Strat were 15 man groups, not raids. They were normal instances tuned for more people, and what usually happened is that a couple of Molten Core geared people would semi-carry everyone else through.

They were fun, but getting gear, especially chest pieces, was nearly impossible. Even so, I wish that content like that would return to the game. Stuff like that was a decent challenge for non-raiders.
    Definantly want me some 15 mans
    Throwing my hat in the ring that 15 man raids would be an excellent single raid size.
    scrap 10 & 25 and do 15 then

seems way better