15 Man Raids!

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 10 Next
I would really love this format.

I would even take it over the 10m format to be honest. Our guild doesn't have problems with dps and many times has to many dps to get into our raid. We have more problems with getting 2 tanks and 3 heals every week, but the great thing is, really you wouldn't have to get more tanks or heals with a 15m format. It could be easily balanced around having the same amount of tanks and heals 10m haves.
I'd go for 15. I can't see it being super hard to do. Not every raid needs to have it, just the new ones coming out.
I think the should add 15 man raids in cataclsym.
10 is too little and 25 is too much. It's like the PERFECT number.
So will we have 10/15/25 man raids. 15 mans will drop 3 pieces of gear following the 1Gear:5Players Ratio.

Please give your thought on this i would LOVE to see 15 man raids.

Edit:10Man-120VP 25Man-140VP so 15Man-130VP

I'd actually agree that 15 players make for a pretty optimal number of raiders, in terms of the logistics of forming a raid and class representation. The task of tuning raids for three separate sizes is one you probably won't see on our radar any time soon though.

yet your developers thought that combining 10 and 25 man raids to 1 lock out there for reducing the amount of raids that a guild and NON guildied players can get in to each week was a good idea?

Still wondering what the bright idea behind that one was
I think the should add 15 man raids in cataclsym.
10 is too little and 25 is too much. It's like the PERFECT number.
So will we have 10/15/25 man raids. 15 mans will drop 3 pieces of gear following the 1Gear:5Players Ratio.

Please give your thought on this i would LOVE to see 15 man raids.

Edit:10Man-120VP 25Man-140VP so 15Man-130VP

I'd actually agree that 15 players make for a pretty optimal number of raiders, in terms of the logistics of forming a raid and class representation. The task of tuning raids for three separate sizes is one you probably won't see on our radar any time soon though.

The thing is if you look at it the differences between 10m and 25m when it comes to damage to players isn't that much different in many respects the damage players would take from abilities are the same. So the idea for balance would have to come with how much more life the boss would have and when and how many adds would the boss spawn. There would have to be a few more then 10m but not to the level of 25m. So next one would have to think about is the life for the boss. Most 25m non-heroic boss have approx. 3x life their 10m counterparts, so blizzard was thinking that raids would have 3x dps so 3x life. Depending on raid set up 15m would only have like 2x dps so 2x life for boss. Nevertheless I agree that this is something that should be considered for the next expansion allowing the players more options I do not see how that would hurt the game.
Forgive me if this idea has already been posted, but what about variable size raids, as far as how many members are in it? There could be a min and max cap of min of 10 players and max of 25. Boss health and add volume could be decided on some sort of sliding scale. I realize there are problems with this (loot per boss could be a problem), but my guild typically is a few players short, or a few players over one of the raid sizes. I think a lot of players would deal with the shortcomings just to get into raids with friends/guildies rather than have to pug.
I would love 15 man sized raids because instead of finding 15 players who might be terra-bad with like only 5 ok to good players to make our 10 man a 25 man raid* Now we just have the five ok /good players to work with and can get our raids done slightly easier then straight 10 mans. *coughwhicharelikehardmodecough*
I'd love this idea, personally
08/10/2011 10:24 PMPosted by Ginzo
WTB 40 mans again. (only time you see that is city raiding and bgs)

Don't bring hell back DON"T!!!
I am now monitoring this thread.
I see that this thread is lacking a lot of cuteness and cupcakes.

Luckily for you guys I have both.

What is this...I don't even...

What is this...I don't even...

Don't worry about it.

I love you <3
08/10/2011 07:53 PMPosted by Ony
However, I personally would like 15 man raids only and have double the amount of raids since it's all tuned for just one number now.

Perhaps not double the raids, but the idea that more content could be developed in lieu of time spent balancing the content created for different difficulties would be nice.

I love you <3

I love you too <3