Threat Hotfix - Is it Live?

General Discussion
I did log in and see my Tank Talent tab flashing and saw the Vengeance (passive thingy).

Just want to confirm if it's live..or not.

Thanks!
It's coming in patch 4.3.

Patch 4.3 isn't a hot fix. It's a patch. You'll have to download it.

The flashing icon thing is a UI bug,

GC said they're applying it as a hotfix this week.

Ah, he did. When I read it a few minutes after it was first posted, it said in patch 4.3, but they took the post down for a second. That must have been the edit they made.

Apologies.

Actually Kaivax said it here...http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2973255004?page=2#39
Live:

•Hotfix: The threat generated by classes in their tanking mode has been increased from three times damage done to five times damage done.

I guess the threat change is coming in a hotfix. The Vengeance change is a patch, but he doesn't mention if they're holding it for 4.3
That's a negative, Ghostrider. The hotfix isn't live yet, but we hope to see it active on all realms within the next few days. You can always keep an eye on our 4.2 hotfix blog to stay up-to-date: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3019413

Also, keep in mind that the upcoming changes to Vengeance will be implemented with a patch and not a hotfix. :)

08/16/2011 11:50 AMPosted by Guenaveer
Just want to confirm if it's live..or not.

Also, keep in mind that the upcoming changes to Vengeance will be implemented with a patch and not a hotfix. :)

Wait, but Kaivax said earlier

08/16/2011 09:53 AMPosted by Kaivax
Please note that this change is being made with a hotfix this week, not 4.3.

Granted he said not 4.3, but he still said a hotfix, and now you say not a hotfix. I'm all confused....

EDIT: typo

Wait, but Kaivax said earlier

Please note that this change is being made with a hotfix this week, not 4.3.

Granted he said not 4.3, but he still said a hotfix, and now you say not a hotfix. I'm all confused....

I think the change to vengeance is coming in 4.3 but the threat changes are coming in a hotfix soon.
That's a negative, Ghostrider.

That pattern is full.

This made my day.
They mean that the threat increase is a hotfix (5x instead of 3x). The changes to Vengeance will take place in a regular patch coming in the future.
08/16/2011 12:55 PMPosted by Lylirra
The hotfix isn't live yet

Better make it quick, or else it will be coldfix
08/16/2011 12:55 PMPosted by Lylirra
The hotfix isn't live yet

And here I hoped to blow all my cooldowns at the start without worrying too much about threat tonight :P
Ah, I see.
08/16/2011 02:57 PMPosted by Neverhood
Better make it quick, or else it will be coldfix

Oooh. ICEBURN. ;)
08/16/2011 01:37 PMPosted by Koalachan

The hotfix will increase tank threat from 3 times damage done to 5 times damage done. (the first bullet point in the blog).

The change to vengeance to no longer ramp up slowly will require a patch and will come later. I would image they are targeting 4.2.1 or 4.2.2. I would think that the reason for this is that they would like to test this change on the PTR prior to have it go live and that they will also be exploring the affect this change has on DPS class balance issues, if any.

edit: typos