Threat Hotfix - Is it Live?

General Discussion
*sigh, I hope Tanking doesnt get stupid easy, I was looking forward to changing my Pally to a tanking spec.
I am really looking forward to this.. So dang hard for my warrior to hold threat off guldies in fireland gear.. That is untill 3 mins in and vengence is stacked
Don't post much, lurk mainly. I really appreciate the change. I'm one of the middle of the road type players, and while tanking is per se "hard" its definitely something I have to ramp myself up to do. It took awhile to adjust to Cata healing, but its in a fun, interactive place atm. And pew pewing is always fun.

I really think tho that the initial Vengeance boost and something like 3.5 to 4 times damage increase might get hit that fun/not fun sweet spot. I don't mind overeager dps, they make for fun/crazy runs, but when i am halfway thru my Rend, and things are running to the hunter and lazer chicken before my Thunderclap goes, it does not make for an enjoyable run. I can't wait for both to go live and see if that fire in the belly for tanking reignites.
08/16/2011 03:26 PMPosted by Aylissia
*sigh, I hope Tanking doesnt get stupid easy, I was looking forward to changing my Pally to a tanking spec.

You want it to be artificially difficult for a reason?

There are other ways to add skill based pegs into the game, say Lich King style fights for instances, besides Blizzard has data to support this change.

Of course they could have have come to the wrong conclusion. The good news at least with the hottfix they can change it from 3 to 5 to 100 if they need it. The patch fix while not as fast can be fixed within a small amount of time. They could push 4.2.2a the week after its release with one change.
That's a negative, Ghostrider. The hotfix isn't live yet, but we hope to see it active on all realms within the next few days. You can always keep an eye on our 4.2 hotfix blog to stay up-to-date: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3019413

Also, keep in mind that the upcoming changes to Vengeance will be implemented with a patch and not a hotfix. :)

Just want to confirm if it's live..or not.

Tower, this is Ghostrider. Requesting permission for a fly-by!
Quick update! We're still in the process of updating the 4.2 hotfix blog, but this change is now live. :)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3019413
That was fast.

Edit: I'm also happy to see so many pleased with this change and not a ton of the usual whining/I'm gonna quit the game-talk.
That was fast.

Edit: I'm also happy to see so many pleased with this change and not a ton of the usual whining/I'm gonna quit the game-talk.

I dunno about you, but I've seen a lot of crying about it. As for me, I'm happy. I may be slightly more willing to pug now.
That was fast.

I dunno about you, but I've seen a lot of crying about it. As for me, I'm happy. I may be slightly more willing to pug now.

What else is new about people crying, standard WoW Forum Protocol.
does anyone know when it is going to be back up
08/16/2011 06:50 PMPosted by Ferrimrand
does anyone know when it is going to be back up

Soon. Atleast we can hope right? Am I right?!!!!
yeah i live for ptr i love seeing what the new op class to avoid is... lol
whats the best pvp char atm besides a rogue since its my main and i wanna try something else

08/16/2011 07:03 PMPosted by Ferrimrand
whats the best pvp char atm besides a rogue since its my main and i wanna try something else

Same Here. I don't Normaly Raid. But on The ptr I get a chance to.
I was on my feral druid, and a 5k bear faerie fire did about 5k damage and 25k + change threat while out in twilight highlands questing, but in my raid (firelands), our paladin tank says it isn't live. Is it just live in the world but not live in raids?
are you sure this is live? we just did an entire 3 hour long Firelands raid where it didn't seem at all like this was in effect.