Mail Heirlooms for a Hunter

General Discussion
So I wanted to get some heirlooms.

I was just wondering, when I get the chance to wield mail, am I allowed to use the mail heirlooms on a hunter?

Or should I just get the Leather ones?
The mail heirlooms are automatically leather at low level I believe. I've always just bought the leather since I had druid/rogue/hunter to level and it was easier.
08/16/2011 11:04 PMPosted by Gingersnapz
The mail heirlooms are automatically leather at low level I believe. I've always just bought the leather since I had druid/rogue/hunter to level and it was easier.

How can a person tell which leather items become mail if they don't already have a level 40 toon?
08/16/2011 11:24 PMPosted by Jawaka

How can a person tell which leather items become mail if they don't already have a level 40 toon?

Because at the vendor it will list the item as it's natural level. The hunter/shaman mail gear will be listed as mail no matter what level you are. It will even apear as red (can't use it) if you are under 40. It only changes when you equip it.

As to the OP, you can buy the mail and like others said it will change to leather when you equip it. The better question you should ask yourself is, 'What other toon will I want to use this with when my hunter is done?'. If all you want to level is a hunter or maybe a melee shaman, go for the mail. But if you think you may want to level a druid or rogue in the future and don't want to buy a second set of BoAs then get the leather. The Leather will always be leather but the stats are still ideal for hunters and enh shaman, you just won't get the 5% bonus for armour type at 50, which isn't a real big deal till you hit endgame anyhow.