Death Knights and Transmogrification

General Discussion
so, we all know that Death Knights came out in Wrath of the Lich King. with this new feature Transmogrification can only be used with armor of your own class/armor type.

so i was wondering if there are any plans to compensate this. as other classes will have more options for cool looking gear, while death knights are stuck with wrath of lich king gear. (Set Pieces i mean)

i know most of us have probably sold our original Death Knight quest gear from our starting zone, so is there going to be any way to repurchase these items? since you cannot redo the quests like other classes who can just redo the old raids for their gear.
You won't be getting new below level cap sets. You can still use sub level 55-60 gear though, just not tier gear. And yes, there's supposed to be a way to buy back things like the original DK gear from their starting area.
08/17/2011 10:58 PMPosted by Vv
You won't be getting new below level cap sets. You can still use sub level 55-60 gear though, just not tier gear. And yes, there's supposed to be a way to buy back things like the original DK gear from their starting area.
Why would you vendor the DK starting sets in the first place!?
Time to make a real class bro.
We still have alot of options. Im wearing one of them. Also remember theres alot of offcolor tier gear in bc so if you really want, you can farm the green version of warrior t5 to use, or the paladin recolor, so on.

If you really like the blue starter set, it exists, theres an identical ilvl 200 set thats made from crafting, vendors and naxx 10.

Remember, theres even a purple BC version of paladin t2 that any plate wearer can wear!
08/17/2011 11:04 PMPosted by Mandokir
08/17/2011 11:03 PMPosted by Ersanna
Why would you vendor the DK starting sets in the first place!?

It's a mystery. As DKs have less past gear to collect in the first place I find mine had plenty of space to save the starting gear. My hunter on the other hand has 24 slot bags in every slot in the bank and they're still full.
You can still morph plate into plate. While you may not have previous tier sets prior to tier 7, there's still ways to make sets that are exactly the same as warrior and paladin tier sets. They just won't be the same color. For instance there's a purple judgement set out there. None of which are tier pieces, that looks exactly like the paladin tier 2 set. There's other options like that for other sets as well, just have to look some of them up.
We still have alot of options. Im wearing one of them. Also remember theres alot of offcolor tier gear in bc so if you really want, you can farm the green version of warrior t5 to use, or the paladin recolor, so on.

If you really like the blue starter set, it exists, theres an identical ilvl 200 set thats made from crafting, vendors and naxx 10.

Remember, theres even a purple BC version of paladin t2 that any plate wearer can wear!

Have to say that set looks nice, nothing today really comes off as "DK" as that set does.
08/17/2011 11:04 PMPosted by Mandokir

this will be my 8th lvl 85 so i already got a real class, but thanks for your input
I this transmogrification strictly PvE gear or is it able to transform PvP gear into something and that's funny, time to make a real class hah.

Ahh just read, I believe you need to have the items to make it transform into it LOL

If this is the case i cant wait to rock the original starting set kilt and all !

If you could find out how to and post it, that would be awesome. I'm also looking for a sword that looks like our original rune sword, but with red runes. or even the rune axe etc.
There are many recolors of the old Warrior tiers that DK's can use. Just off the top of my head, T1, T2, T5, and T6 recolors should all be available to farm.
yes they are bring back the dk starter gear back in the game putting a vendor in at the Acherus well the blue quality set
http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/194611/blizz-please-let-us-buy
I'd like to see blizzard not waste anymore time developing a stupid class.

I really, really, really, really, really hate when these threads pop up.

Also, this thread has been inactive for awhile.
A search function revive, not a necro.

That aside I hope they allow us to get the http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=784 from some vender.

I just love the coloring of it.
so, we all know that Death Knights came out in Wrath of the Lich King. with this new feature Transmogrification can only be used with armor of your own class/armor type.

so i was wondering if there are any plans to compensate this. as other classes will have more options for cool looking gear, while death knights are stuck with wrath of lich king gear. (Set Pieces i mean)

i know most of us have probably sold our original Death Knight quest gear from our starting zone, so is there going to be any way to repurchase these items? since you cannot redo the quests like other classes who can just redo the old raids for their gear.
Blizzards has plans for this. There is talk on how they may have a vender to buy that old armor back.