Transmogrifier: Armor Restriction Solution

General Discussion
Great posts, great ideas, keep the discussion up, guys!:D
Gray Items:
There are some really cool artwork designs on gray items. PLEASE consider allowing some gray items to have an exception. I love the faded "bone" plate mail pieces I've been seeing. There's no reason why I shouldn't use them. These "gray items" are NEVER seen. Give their artwork a chance to shine, please!

The Faded Bone Plate really makes me look like a ghost back from the dead to seek vengeance. I think it's an AWESOME look, but from my understanding it's BLOCKED because it "has no stats".

It took me a second to find this, and I have that same top! Bone-Plated Armor is available in a blue-quality top Battlemaster's Breastplate, and I know it comes in a green-quality, green colored set as well Fel Iron Breastplate. Most grey items are just re-skins of other sets. It does not make your idea any less valid though, as there are still a few greys/whites that are unique, and should be worn and enjoyed. :)
Gray Items:
There are some really cool artwork designs on gray items. PLEASE consider allowing some gray items to have an exception. I love the faded "bone" plate mail pieces I've been seeing. There's no reason why I shouldn't use them. These "gray items" are NEVER seen. Give their artwork a chance to shine, please!

The Faded Bone Plate really makes me look like a ghost back from the dead to seek vengeance. I think it's an AWESOME look, but from my understanding it's BLOCKED because it "has no stats".

It took me a second to find this, and I have that same top! Bone-Plated Armor is available in a blue-quality top Battlemaster's Breastplate, and I know it comes in a green-quality, green colored set as well Fel Iron Breastplate. Most grey items are just re-skins of other sets. It does not make your idea any less valid though, as there are still a few greys/whites that are unique, and should be worn and enjoyed. :)

ty for the info and support :D
Who else wants a solution to the transmogrification restrictions?
This is my first post ever I think on the forums and I would like to say: I TOTALLY AGREE.
I totally like this idea, Why not? honestly if its one thing Blizzard does TOO WELL its restrictions. I realize their is some restrictions for a reason, but I totally agree that legendary are never seen anymore and if you restrict THIS. ALOT of valid points
Well, Swirlie. The problem is that this initial introduction for something we've wanted for 6 years is under the bar set by current MMOs. Blizzard knows this and there is no legitimate justification for half of these restrictions.

Yes, it is unrealistic to see a Death Knight in the Robe of Doan, but it's just as ridiculous to say a Death Knight shouldn't be in Scarlet Set - a set that is Mail for 1 reason only: No warrior or paladin can wear plate before level 40.

This thread is for constructive solutions to be proposed to Blizz so they can make transmogrification closer to what the people actually want upon release, without us having to demand special exceptions for certain armor sets. Kindly remove your trolling self from this thread.

Sunstriker:
This is my first post ever I think on the forums and I would like to say: I TOTALLY AGREE.
I totally like this idea, Why not? honestly if its one thing Blizzard does TOO WELL its restrictions. I realize their is some restrictions for a reason, but I totally agree that legendary are never seen anymore and if you restrict THIS. ALOT of valid points

Thank you!:D Yes, some restrictions make sense, but others do not.
The current restrictions make sense. You're in essence screwing over cloth wearers doing this (because lets face it, there are some cool sets that might be leather that I really really want, but can't have, and shouldn't have) and that's not right.

They don't allow flavor items to be going on because they are simply that, flavor. They wanted to limit the silliness involved in transforming your gear, so that you don't run around with a bunny hat and pink robes while dpsing a heroic.

Which plays into why they won't allow the grey/white quality items to be transformed, because it would be near impossible for the system to know if what you're transforming is a white from a vendor, or that bunny ear hat you've had for so long.

They already said they plan on doing something for things like the DK starter set, so no need to comment there.

I know your cause is righteous, and your heart is pure, (even as a DK!) but I seriously think that we should be happy with what we are being given, and not always want more more more. They could have just not done this for us, and watch as people make more appearance tab threads and nothing happen.
08/23/2011 05:26 AMPosted by Nöble
The current restrictions make sense. You're in essence screwing over cloth wearers doing this (because lets face it, there are some cool sets that might be leather that I really really want, but can't have, and shouldn't have) and that's not right.

No one is screwing cloth wearers. Quite frankly, you're one of those "if I can't have leather armor then Plate wearers can't have mail armor!" selfish trolls, and I am so sick of that mentality.

My paladin wore mail armor for 40 levels, thank you very much. Your selfishness is screwing over MY paladin from equipment she wore for the last 10 levels of her mail wearing days.

That is ridiculous as far as I'm concerned.

Please don't let the door hit you on the way out.
I enjoyed the idea of being able to purchase the older dungeon sets and DK starter gear with gold or justice points but it's unfortunately unrealistic. In the case of the dungeon sets that were removed, they were seemingly removed for no apparent reason (correct me if i'm wrong by all means but i didn't see why they were). The DK starter set could easily be resold again however by that Siege smith Corvus fella in Acherus though. Will Blizzard consider that? maybe. I would certainly enjoy seeing the option though.
08/23/2011 05:51 AMPosted by Krrom
I enjoyed the idea of being able to purchase the older dungeon sets and DK starter gear with gold or justice points but it's unfortunately unrealistic. In the case of the dungeon sets that were removed, they were seemingly removed for no apparent reason (correct me if i'm wrong by all means but i didn't see why they were). The DK starter set could easily be resold again however by that Siege smith Corvus fella in Acherus though. Will Blizzard consider that? maybe. I would certainly enjoy seeing the option though.

Well, the good news is (as someone quoted on I believe the 2nd page) blizz is returning the original Dungeon Sets and they will be made available along with the DK Starter Set.

I have the DK starter set (although I am missing my blood cloak :(, I hope that's included in the return).

If I remember correctly, Blizz removed the original dungeon sets because they were "unnecessary" (people would upgrade past them in short order, since most pieces had a level 54 requirement). Quite frankly, I believe the piece restrictions should've retained the same stats but been dropped 5-10 levels.
Perhaps i should have read the earlier posts hahaha, regardless i'm happy to hear that news then!
Hrm, actually the quote that gnome gave to me regarding dungeon sets may not be in this thread. I do know I read it though so it must've been in another thread. I should probably find the correct quote and put it in here.
Most importantly in my opinion though is the issue with Death Knights wearing cloth. As soon as i was told about the feature in a coming patch i instantly thought of wearing this hat displayed now on my DK as actual gear instead of floating around orgrimmar or wherever, but if this is going in the direction it seems to be i wont be able to. It's perfectly reasonable that a DK shouldn't be wearing a dress and i can see that, but if it were possible for SOME cloth to be worn by plate wearers instead of all of it being locked out. my only solution to this would be a larger fee or a quest reward option where quest reward items can be transmogrified, OR an extremely tedious solution for blizzard and go through all the items picking and choosing which can be worn by what. I certainly wouldn't expect blizzard to even consider it, because i personally wouldn't, but if they could accommodate my Halliscan brimmed hat that would be absolutely solid.
08/23/2011 06:26 AMPosted by Krrom
Most importantly in my opinion though is the issue with Death Knights wearing cloth. As soon as i was told about the feature in a coming patch i instantly thought of wearing this hat displayed now on my DK as actual gear instead of floating around orgrimmar or wherever, but if this is going in the direction it seems to be i wont be able to. It's perfectly reasonable that a DK shouldn't be wearing a dress and i can see that, but if it were possible for SOME cloth to be worn by plate wearers instead of all of it being locked out. my only solution to this would be a larger fee or a quest reward option where quest reward items can be transmogrified, OR an extremely tedious solution for blizzard and go through all the items picking and choosing which can be worn by what. I certainly wouldn't expect blizzard to even consider it, because i personally wouldn't, but if they could accommodate my Halliscan brimmed hat that would be absolutely solid.

Yes. I'm hoping some items will have a special transmogrification stat on them in the future to allow for exceptions.

My favorite set on this deathknight here is my Malown/Postmaster set. I'd really love to wear it and say "You've been MALOWNED!" in a pvp setting.... >:D
I've not been reading up on the feature at all other than this forum and hear-say but whats the current verdict on shoulder equipment for wanting to wear a set that has no shoulder piece like many of the lower level ones.
08/23/2011 07:04 AMPosted by Krrom
I've not been reading up on the feature at all other than this forum and hear-say but whats the current verdict on shoulder equipment for wanting to wear a set that has no shoulder piece like many of the lower level ones.

Just read a blue post from yesterday and they said you can't get rid of shoulders, there is no plan for it. So, I guess we'll just have to pick matching shoulders :(
Fair enough and Certainly understandable. It shouldn't be an issue finding a shoulder match for most sets anyhow for folks that are concerned with such sets
I hope they let me transmogrify maces -> fist weapons and vice versa
09/04/2011 08:05 AMPosted by Moradin
I hope they let me transmogrify maces -> fist weapons and vice versa

it would be nice.