Evenin' PvP Enthusiasts

Battlegrounds
Prev 1 2 3 76 Next
08/18/2011 06:20 PMPosted by Fëlguk
would really love to know why there was no mmr reset after the problem was "fixed"

That would essentially be a reset of Season 10. That'd be a rather massive logistical undertaking (season rolls are more complicated than I even know), and we felt the fix was fast enough to normalize this season over time. One thing's certain though, it wasn't an ideal situation, and we know it had a demoralizing effect on those actually dedicated to fair competition.
My name is Zarhym. Hi there.

I know many of you have been feeling neglected as of late and have several concerns with the current state of PvP. To that end, I've punched those who would generally assign me with tasks, kicked them while they were down and shouted, "I'm going to take some friggin' time to talk to the PvP community! Go away! (But please don't let the injuries you've just suffered reflect on my next performance review.)"

So, my schedule's open for a bit. What's up?

Zarhym if you might recall, the community is what made PvP x100 better back in vanilla and even BC. I had so much fun making Halaa raids in Nagrand I have an emotional connection to it. I don't even want new battlegrounds, my main ambition is to try and preserve the last remaining pvp community on my server. Which is mostly just sitting outside of SW dueling and messing around. Bringing a Halaa type zone or EPL tower type area to Cata would be amazing.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2973008845?page=1
08/18/2011 06:24 PMPosted by Asogklangag
Do you or the devs see the amazing synergy of Warlock/Shaman, and can we get these classes somehow "balanced". Looking at the Regionals or the ladder all you see is warlock/shaman/x and they are clearly over the top in PVP.

Not really. Warlocks are just fearbots in 3s, and in 2s we are good with shamans because the shaman class is OP in PvP. Warlocks have been relatively UP in pvp for a while now.

Your right, look at all the resto druids and hunters tearing up the 3v3 ladder. I dont see a warlock or shaman at all!!!
08/18/2011 06:26 PMPosted by Rabiesplz
Bringing a Halaa type zone or EPL tower type area to Cata would be amazing.

You mean Tol Barad and The Molten Front?
we know we !@#$ed up but we are too proud to fix it

thank your for posting this it really made the pvp community feel better.....

We finally cornered a blue in the arena forums, don't scare him away now Meekaa.
Lowbie pvp is still borked.

JUST SAYIN

We talked to Ghostcrawler about this yesterday. He's well aware of this, but more importantly, he's not very happy about it either. The class design team's first priority is obviously balance around the end game, but absolute neglect of low-level balance isn't okay. This is something that isn't going to improve much in patch 4.3, but we hope to have more sound solutions coming.
08/18/2011 06:28 PMPosted by Communitas
Bringing a Halaa type zone or EPL tower type area to Cata would be amazing.

You mean Tol Barad and The Molten Front?

No. You weren't around before wrath clearly. Check this thread out: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2973008845?page=1

See what you think. Tol Baraad and Wintergrasp are nothing like what PvP used to be.
Allow my class to be viable in top-end arenas.
08/18/2011 06:26 PMPosted by Rabiesplz
Zarhym if you might recall, the community is what made PvP x100 better back in vanilla and even BC. I had so much fun making Halaa raids in Nagrand I have an emotional connection to it. I don't even want new battlegrounds, my main ambition is to try and preserve the last remaining pvp community on my server. Which is mostly just sitting outside of SW dueling and messing around. Bringing a Halaa type zone or EPL tower type area to Cata would be amazing.

In all honestly they could simply revamp the Halaa rewards a bit and added a way to travel there quickly and I'm sure it would be popular again.
Lowbie pvp is still borked.

JUST SAYIN

We talked to Ghostcrawler about this yesterday. He's well aware of this, but more importantly, he's not very happy about it either. The class design team's first priority is obviously balance around the end game, but absolute neglect of low-level balance isn't okay. This is something that isn't going to improve much in patch 4.3, but we hope to have more sound solutions coming.

Please don't blow off the gilneas world pvp idea.
Are there any plans to address the extremely high rated teams that got up to 2800+ using last season's MMR and are now sitting on the team, that are pretty much impossible to reach with the MMR change and the activity of the arena ladder currently?
1. RBGs give 20% higher cap than arenas. Clearly unfair to arena players
2. The 2200 mark for elite gear means you either make it or don't. For example, there is nothing to reward a 1.8-2k player compared to a 1.5k player.
3. 2s should have some sort of title system!!!
4. The achievements for arena should be for every 100 rating - like RBGs
5. fix the lag macro posted by swifty.
6. I like playing arena with multiple people (particularly in 2s) It would be nice if I could join multiple 2s/3s/5s teams.
7. Stop making the new gladiator mounts look so terrible.
8. Fix hungering cold. There are some good threads out there explaining why the nerf was badly done and could have been done more effectively.

Those are the things that popped into my head. I'm sure there are more things I'd like changed.