Evenin' PvP Enthusiasts

Battlegrounds
Prev 1 2 3 4 76 Next
shammy/warlock needs to be adressed somehow.

and skilllink totem needs to be like bloddlust and Lay on hands not aloud in arenas.

did u see the regionals us and europe that spell needs to go.

new bgs/get rid of pve bgs ioc/sota or make them not in the random lineup.
brg old av option back.

make pvp less of a gear grind plz.

fix mmr system its terrible.

by all means plz give a little( this means little not a huge) buff to resto druids they are pathetic.\

same with hunters they need to be on par with other classes atleast somewhat wit there defensive cds. u can litterally dot one and los them till they die its horrid.

bring skirmishes back for the love of god.

go back to the way it was before. u know before u guys forced rbgs on us.

1650 cap for both arena and rbgs(base cap) forcing ppl to do something is not a good idea and 9 times out of 10 will not work/or backfire.

Are we going to see more PvP heirlooms? Such as chests, etc?
there is no point atm they tossed a big middle finger to all the pvpers who pvp for fun and competition with the new MMR system. Its really easy to fix but since it aint pvp it aint worth the time

from what it looked like, Zar told you why it wasn't possible. MMR reset might have been too difficult to impliment.... you may have all lost your current gear for all you know. given season reset could have meant full reset... I doubt you all would have been happy about having to grind out your gear again.

I could be wrong in what I was reading from the post though...
Just some suggestions that won't be covered by everyone else probably (MMR and all that junk are the obvious ones.)
Make Faerie Fire last less and if Cloak and Combat Readiness share cooldowns, please make the cooldown less often. Just some sort of buff to the rogue to make it more leveled to play. I seem to have to be on my best game to beat someone while a class like Mage or DK or Feral Druid could be mashing random buttons reading articles online and faceroll all over me. Also, could Smokebomb create a pillar effect? As in, if a smokebomb is dropped, you can also hide behind it if you are LoS'ing your attacker, that way if I was sprinting away from a mage and had to keep moving, I could drop smokebomb to stop the mage's cast.
Hi Zar,

Quick question,
Why are shadow priests a free kill in arena or bgs? Seriously, in 2s, or 3s if they get focused they are done. Sure they have a few fears, but those can get trinketed or easily gotten out of. Our dots aren't even worth applying... Woo, 3.2k dmg, 6k crit... Our mind spike is interuptable, and basically we're bad warlocks with flash heal. Will this be fixed or should I just roll a lock?

Granted, Shadow priests might be a little tricky in PvP. That said, there are some absolutely ridiculous Shadow priests out there in Arenas right now. If you watched the NA Battle.net Invitational VoDs (we finally got the remaining matches posted today: http://us.battle.net/blizzcon/en/blog/3348315), there is a crazy-good Shadow comp 3's team (EG): Spriest, Aff lock, Resto shaman.
there is no point atm they tossed a big middle finger to all the pvpers who pvp for fun and competition with the new MMR system. Its really easy to fix but since it aint pvp it aint worth the time

TLDR shut up pvp guy

It's understandable that they won't reset the ladders this far into the season, though it would be preferable for people who actually are high rated. Sadly all the newcomers and low rated players who worked for weeks to get their 15-1600 rating (as sad as that may sound) will be affected by a ladder reset as well. I don't think they take arena as a serious enough thing anymore to reset it for a select few people's rank 1 titles when it'll negatively impact a lot of the newer players.

But yes I do think they should have fixed the mmr problem in between seasons or atleast have reset it when they had the chance early on.
Zarhym - really appreciate you lending ear to us PvP enthusiasts. I have two questions:
1) Given that you are now implementing raid finder tool would you please please implementing similar tool for rated battlegrounds? Some of us have weird play timings and this make it extremely difficult to find rated teams :(
2) This has been asked many times but is there any status update BoA realm transfer? It really sucks having to pay money to transfer character when all we want to do is transfer BoA items to new realm because friend/family don't want to roll on PvP realm :(

Once again thank you very much.

Seems he's going to avoid questions about AV.
Starting at a completely random place:

1. Healers can survive too much damage, and too many classes have silences/interrupts. That may seem like a contradiction, but the truth is, if you're stuck with a group of people who don't have the ability to time their interrupts well enough, you can't kill a good/geared healer.

2. There really needs to be a better selection of low level pvp gear. Right now you can buy a couple blues every 10 levels, most of which is terrible (bad stats, or wrong stats). Having pvp gear that could compete with heirloom gear would be great.

3. Flight points to battleground vendors (or put those vendors in the main cities).

4. AV needs a change. The towers need to become more easily retaken. As it stands. Putting 5 people in a tower who can hit a cleave button virtually guarantees no recaps.

5. The level restriction on buying gear should be removed, at least for gear below level 85. My level 23 pvp hunter already has enough honour to buy level 70 gear. Which I'd like to do, so it's in the bank when I get there.
I have always wondered what THE HARDEST aspect of PVP was to balance?

Is it that people can use PvE gear, or different gear/specs all together?

is there a certain class that is usually harder to deal with?
Hi Zar,

Quick question,
Why are shadow priests a free kill in arena or bgs? Seriously, in 2s, or 3s if they get focused they are done. Sure they have a few fears, but those can get trinketed or easily gotten out of. Our dots aren't even worth applying... Woo, 3.2k dmg, 6k crit... Our mind spike is interuptable, and basically we're bad warlocks with flash heal. Will this be fixed or should I just roll a lock?

Granted, Shadow priests might be a little tricky in PvP. That said, there are some absolutely ridiculous Shadow priests out there in Arenas right now. If you watched the NA Battle.net Invitational VoDs (we finally got the remaining matches posted today: http://us.battle.net/blizzcon/en/blog/3348315), there is a crazy-good Shadow comp 3's team (EG): Spriest, Aff lock, Resto shaman.

Also, the highest ranked player in rated battleground ladder is Shadow Priest.
Hi Zar,

Quick question,

about that aff locks and shamans are the main classes doing well in high end and even low end pvp these classes have far to much synergy and because of this any class combined with them does well, do you have guys have any intention to fix this?
My name is Zarhym. Hi there.

I know many of you have been feeling neglected as of late and have several concerns with the current state of PvP. To that end, I've punched those who would generally assign me with tasks, kicked them while they were down and shouted, "I'm going to take some friggin' time to talk to the PvP community! Go away! (But please don't let the injuries you've just suffered reflect on my next performance review.)"

So, my schedule's open for a bit. What's up?

Yus. Well.

Could you make a few more priest spells not instant cast? It's fairly hard to get say a Rebuke on them when a good amount of their healing spells are instant cast. IE Power Shield, Renew etc etc.
Hi Zar,

Quick question,

Why are you blowing off the Gilneas world PvP idea? Don't let this become a whiney class balance thread. We need to reinvigorate PvP - not fix class issues which you all know will be fixed anyway/

<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2973008845?page=1">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2973008845?page=1</a>
Appreciate the response. Although does tricky mean they have a high skill cap or what? Because literally, I'm always the one targeted in any comp I run, and our damage just doesn't seem on par.

Shadow Priests are in a fairly good spot right now, it's a learn to play issue on your part. Just practice, get your teammates to peel etc.
This is a pretty general question, but why does it take so much longer to gear up for pvp than it does pve. I was approx ilvl 360 on my alt in a matter of a couple of days without much dungeon running, yet it takes alot longer to get to an equivalent gear level for pvp. Has there been any thought about making it quicker to gear up for pvp.