Bring Oceanic Servers to Australia

Oceanic General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 25 Next
Wholeheartedly support this. Blizzard please consider Australia for once and just do it. (You shun Australia completely with weekly maintenance times - smack bang in the middle of prime time evenings). Is it really too much to ask for a small fraction of your profits to go towards giving us a half reasonable latency?
12/07/2012 11:46 PMPosted by Bleedzlul
America is that far in debt, i don't see why the American Government havent forced blizzard to contribute half their money intake into their pockets lol!

It's been bankrupt since essentially the 1st or 2nd world war.
First off, you posted in the right forum OP - the suggestion forum is now the forum that best suits your suggestion.

I also want to note that I have not read all 11 pages of the discussion and would like local RP servers but I don't believe that it will happen because of the following and I apologise if someone has already pointed out the information below.

In the past, there may have been potential to move Oceanic servers but with how all the servers are now interlinked (for the Scenario, LFD, LFR and Battlegrounds) we would be likely to end up using these features from the US Servers anyway. There are numerous blue posts on the CS forums that suggest that because of NA players complaining about being grouped with players who don't speak Englis from the Latin American & Brazilian servers. The CS Posts have stated that if you seperate the different server groups (NA, Oceanic, Latin America, Brazilian), the queue lengths for LFD, LFR & Battlegrounds will be unacceptable (the last time I noticed these posts on the CS Forum was during patch 4.3).
In the past, there may have been potential to move Oceanic servers but with how all the servers are now interlinked (for the Scenario, LFD, LFR and Battlegrounds) we would be likely to end up using these features from the US Servers anyway. There are numerous blue posts on the CS forums that suggest that because of NA players complaining about being grouped with players who don't speak Englis from the Latin American & Brazilian servers. The CS Posts have stated that if you seperate the different server groups (NA, Oceanic, Latin America, Brazilian), the queue lengths for LFD, LFR & Battlegrounds will be unacceptable (the last time I noticed these posts on the CS Forum was during patch 4.3).

Yea now they have implemented functions such as lfr and such that rely on the numbers from the US playerbase you can pretty much kiss any hopes of australian servers goodbye. Unless we have enough numbers to make them work which is highly unlikely.
Yea now they have implemented functions such as lfr and such that rely on the numbers from the US playerbase you can pretty much kiss any hopes of australian servers goodbye. Unless we have enough numbers to make them work which is highly unlikely.

LFR is based around the amount of tanks and healers queueing.

If the ratio of dps, tanks and healers is the same it doesnt matter how big the playerbase is. Wait times will be the same.

Yea i guess that is logically and LFR might be ok but then theres battlegrounds and arena. If they just get rid of pvp from the game then we might be right :p
too true
The fact that no blue posters are even addressing the issue is so disrespectful. Treat us like you treat the American's and you will gain a much bigger, happier following.
Is there ANY avenue anyone has to get an official blue response to this? Surely someone must know someone who can get some answers.
bump
They wanted to do it, the problem was that telstra wanted to charge them a small fortune.
Haven't read one post in here, i do like the fact that people are still "trying" to get oceanic servers but if history tells us anything no matter what we argue it isn't happening.

even when blizzard was blizzard Not activision they didnt give us servers. now that its activisionblizzard we have Zero hope.

Edit:
01/07/2013 02:35 AMPosted by Mitchelloomy
The fact that no blue posters are even addressing the issue is so disrespectful. Treat us like you treat the American's and you will gain a much bigger, happier following.

P.S the only blue posts we have ever gotten in the past is basically "we haven't given up on this idea"

kinda the same generic response every time like "working as intended"
08/15/2011 01:33 AMPosted by Panoramic
after putting up with 200-400 ms for the last 4 years

You must have extremely bad internet then. I'm in Sydney and I only get up to 120ms and 160 or so WHILE downloading tons of things. Don't blame Blizzard for something on your end.
too damn right
Didn't they actually tried it to put up some servers in Australia? If aussie government didn't allow it then why not put servers in Singapore or something. At least the latency will improve
I don't see why the servers have to be based here in Australia. The only thing I want is more RP Australian servers, so I can meet more people with similar interests. At the moment, there isn't enough choice.
ive been playing wow for ages and would play it for alot longer if there was servers in Australia
hope they do bring servers to aus will make it fair with our latency
Would it be possible for a person to put a server on an extremely fast connection (not sure but I reckon the Telstra Velocity Network might be really low ping, there's a building in my home town that has fiber to every UNIT in it, not only to the building or the node, so that oughtta be a low latency situation I'd think) to put some sort of WTFast or LowerPing type server on it and allow Australia to tunnel to the WoW Servers through my server? Would that help? I'm sure it would depend on the quality and capability of the hardware, but assuming the hardware was top notch... Just a thought.
It's been bankrupt since they let a private business produce and distribute their national currency with interest attached to every single dollar... Along with the vast majority of the rest of the world (I think there's still 3 countries that control their own currencies). We owe the Federal Reserve Banks every dollar we have. It's their money.