Transmogrify and Void Storage Requests

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 17 Next
As Zarhym mentioned earlier, our Void Storage preview is now up!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3342240

If you have any questions or feedback about this feature, please feel free to post here or in the blog itself. We'll do our best to follow-up on your inquiries and address any concerns you may have. Just keep in mind that Void Storage is still under development, so many details -- including cost and what items are restricted -- may not be finalized and could change before patch 4.3 is released.

We'll qualify and clarify as much as can as best we can, though, so ask away. :)

08/18/2011 08:42 AMPosted by Gnomeybrit
Tabards are not considered gear, right? So we can't store Tabards in Void Storage?

Right now, we're looking at allowing tabards to be stored in Void Storage vaults. That may change as testing continues, of course, and depending on the feedback we receive from you guys (and gals).
08/18/2011 09:44 AMPosted by Lylirra
Right now, we're looking at allowing tabards to be stored in Void Storage vaults. That may change as testing continues, of course, and depending on the feedback we receive from you (our players).

Gold requirement... Seriously, you need more ways to feel the gold farmers?
08/17/2011 07:37 PMPosted by Zarhym
Part of this is due to technical limitations. One of the reasons we're able to offer so many more slots of storage to players now is because it's fairly simple data storage when we're talking item IDs. Throw in enchants, gems, and reforging though, and you have a lot more data that has to be stored.

It seems you brought the job to the wrong people. Instead of talking to the ethereals and getting ripped off on void storage, you should have talked to Al'akir and worked out some cloud storage.
Yus
Question:

Transmogrifying appears to be tied to the item you're wearing, ie, you make the item you wear take on the appearance of an item in the void.

On face value this makes sense.. until you upgrade your gear. To return to your prior apperance, you have to apply the same transmogrification to the new item.

Doesn't this just mean repeated hassles/cost over time as players progress through tiers of content and replace gear, and have to go back to the transmogrifier each time to patch back to their preferred look?

Why couldn't transmogrification just be tied to the slot? ie, whatever you're wearing on your hands always look like [blah]. Then, when you get an upgrade, you can put it on immediately.

I can see it getting very irritating, visiting the appearance guy and paying a bit of gold each time I upgrade a prominent item slot :(
we'd have to consider nominating you for "Hoarders: World of Warcraft Edition."

I still have Necrotic Runes from the necropolis events in the Wrath pre-release and the Brazier of Beckoning.
really would have preferred a 16 slot BOA bank that connected all characters across all realms...
08/18/2011 09:54 AMPosted by Charsi
I can see it getting very irritating, visiting the appearance guy and paying a bit of gold each time I upgrade a prominent item slot :(

You mean like reforging, enchants and gems? Especially since this is just a visual thing, I have no problems repaying every time i upgrade a piece of gear.
Can we show other players whats inside our storage. It's supposed to house rare/discontinued items right?
It's perfect for seasonal outfits, items you think look really cool, etc. It's the place to put the gear you just don't want to delete, but don't regularly use either. If we just gave you 80 more bank slots -- which is a monumental technical task as I said earlier -- we'd have to consider nominating you for "Hoarders: World of Warcraft Edition."

hahaha...

well now ole Rhok'delar, Longbow of the Ancient Keepers will have a home!
Why waste the gold on VS when you can just put the same junk into your old bank for free?
08/18/2011 09:44 AMPosted by Lylirra
Right now, we're looking at allowing tabards to be stored in Void Storage vaults. That may change as testing continues, of course, and depending on the feedback we receive from you (our players).

I would personally like to see Tabards go the way of titles, but a bit differently.

Typical Tabard: Simply represents a faction, like most tabards today.
Still allows collection of reputation
Rare Tabard: Adds a rep bonus to whichever tabard you're wearing, leading to faster rep.
Think Guild Tabard.
Epic Tabard: Just like the epic guild tabard, granting lots more rep & looking slightly different.

Picture making these 3 types of tabards and being able to choose form any faction you have encountered (and are friendly with/can gain rep with) to have represented on the tabard. Gaining the rights to represent a faction would still be something that is bought when you first meet a faction's quartermaster, much like the way it worked in WLK & Cata to some extent.

If a Tabard Tab isn't in your sights for the near future, I'd like to store them in this Void Storage and let my bank be used for items relevant to my adventures.
As the blue clearly said, an item with an enchant, gem and reforge has more data connected to it. You can store and access flat data such as a simple text file for a single unchanged item much quicker then you can retrieve the data of an item with 3 different changes to it.

I don't like to defend Blizzard but this is one of those times where people need to look at the entire picture and not just one aspect. With a server you have storage, memory (ram), cpu power, and network performance. Once you hit the network that can be broken down into a few areas as well.

At the end of the day I strongly suggest everyone that is complaining so hard realize a lot of us have been asking for reskinning items since classic and are thrilled about getting the option, gold charge per usage or not.

The void space is just downright amazing because you can now go back and farm out the old raids and 5mans and have a place to put the gear (since you won't have any reason to modify it). Then whenever you want, you can go into your void space, grab out the gear set you want to look like this week, and do the changes, then return your graphic set to the void.

Really looking forward to 4.3 Blizzard. After 4.1 and 4.2 it really hit me hard and I quit for a month or so. 4.3 sounds awesome though. Cheers
So... I understand your reason for stripping gems and enchants. I've got no problems losing those since, while it can be nostalgic of me to look at the fist weapon in my bank and think "Oh yeeeeeeah, I used Mongoose back then!" or perhaps an old helm and think "Oh wow, look how old that gem is!" it's not really particularly compelling, and something I can do without.

So the only question I have now is, what happens if we transmogrify a weapon we're equipping into a weapon in Void Storage, when it comes to enchant visuals?

Because many of us like enchant visuals, and I seriously do not want to see my Shaman imbues around Transmog'd weapons.

I might end up being forced to continue hoarding weapons in my normal bank, just so I can keep the enchant visuals, depending upon your answers!
Hello, Zarhym,
I see no reason why, but I keep seeing people speculating into wether or not BoA's will be retrievable cross-realm-wide trough Void Storage.
Althought I would love that was true, all info given leads us towards believing Void Storage is character specific, and thus having no use into sending any items to other toons - not even toons on the same realm/faction. #amiright?
I know I personally will not be putting any of my old gear sets into storage, simply because I would not want the gems and enchants removed. These are part of the items to me. I “worked” for these items, and to enchant and gem them. They are part of that time frame, and I like being able to look back and see ‘Oh this was the best gemming and enchanting for that time period.’ Besides, who would want to lose their cool old weapon glows?
Sure, it will be great for the holiday sets I keep. So, I will get a bit of bank space back and I thank you for that. But, I’ll still be extremely cramped on space since none of my raid sets will be going in.