So. Let's talk dress up.

General Discussion
Prev 1 18 19 20 26 Next
http://i52.tinypic.com/fyq4ww.jpg

this, worgen tree mode
I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to find something I want to wear. I thought I had an idea in mind, but it's changed so many times it doesn't really matter anymore. Right now I'm considering tier 5 gear, but I'm sure I'll decide against it eventually. Maybe I'll mix tier 5 and 6, or not do any tier items...

ugh.
08/18/2011 02:41 PMPosted by Daxxarri
t4 or t6 with stylin' purple hat and Dual Dark Herring.

Well, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but...

We have an obligation to players and to our hard working artists to keep the game from looking too silly. I know looking ridiculous is fun for some players, but World of Warcraft was established with a design that the game overall kept its silliness in check. That’s one of the reasons we resisted adding a feature like Transmogrification for so long.

So weapons that look like fish, for example, probably won't be available as source items for Transmogrification, even if one is technically a dagger and has stats. There are a handful other weapons with "silly" models (such as frying pans, brooms, etc.) that may or may not be allowed -- it's still under discussion.

trans·mog·ri·fy verb \tran(t)s-ˈmä-grə-ˌfī, tranz-\

transitive verb

: to change or alter greatly and often with grotesque or humorous effect

If you don't want silly, you should have picked a different word.

We have an obligation to players and to our hard working artists to keep the game from looking too silly. I know looking ridiculous is fun for some players, but World of Warcraft was established with a design that the game overall kept its silliness in check. That’s one of the reasons we resisted adding a feature like Transmogrification for so long.

So weapons that look like fish, for example, probably won't be available as source items for Transmogrification, even if one is technically a dagger and has stats. There are a handful other weapons with "silly" models (such as frying pans, brooms, etc.) that may or may not be allowed -- it's still under discussion.

The idea that Blizzard wants to reduce silliness in their games -- even more, that they feel they have an obligation to do so -- is kind of funny. WoW doesn't have a fourth wall. It has a fourth highway.
All of my toons will be in t10 forever and ever. I just loved all of the armor of that tier.
WHAT

I demand to be fury with my spider splatter mace.
This is my pally!
http://i.imgur.com/xOPXT.png

You can still equip them. Thus they are still quite silly. Your argument is so off base as to be considered an insult to a persons sense of style.
Oh, I say, ol' chap. I will be wearing a monocle and top hat to show myself as a scholar and gentleman of high stature.

/bow
Oh, I say, ol' chap. I will be wearing a monocle and top hat to show myself as a scholar and gentleman of high stature.

/bow

I do say you are bang on the old money chap. Should we retire for brandy and cigars?
LOOK HOW AWSUM MY DRUID WILL LOOK AFTER TRANSMOGRICATION

http://www.the-yarn.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/bear.jpg
I have a ton stashed, just because of forum dress-up. :P

But I'm not sure which I want to xmog. I'm thinking maybe something looking like Whitemane's outfit or the Absolution Regalia.
85 Holy Paladin-
Full T6
Light's Justice (mace from Kara)
Shield I havnt decided yet

85 Fire Mage-
T11 (I love it)
Apostle of Argus (staff from BC Hyjal Raid)

70 Subt Rogue twink-
Full T5/ Merciless pvp set
Tracker's Blade (Dagger from BC Hyjal Raid)
As much as I wish I could change my gun into the blue Vengance bow, it's no longer in game so brobably some other cool looking bow.

As you guys can see I love BC skins :D
my end starter zone gear (VERY STARTING GEAR if i still had it)
08/18/2011 02:50 PMPosted by Állerro
I believe its called the imperial plate set? It makes you look just like a SW guard. I am also, along with everyone else that has a pally, going to be using my T2.

Ah.... no. If you honestly don't expect a substantial subset of the paladin community to be running around in banana shoulders, you are not playing the same video game I have for the last however many years it's been.

Seriously, given the option of a: wearing an outfit that makes you look like Venture Co.'s Dagger Model of the Year, or looking like you need a couple of scoops of ice cream on your head, I think it's pretty clear where a lot of folks will go.

That said, I was thinking T1 at first, but my pally might opt for a blend of TBC gear. I specifically think that T6 has something going for it... though I might opt for a different helm, or just no helm.

The sad thing is that WoW got a lot more conservative after vanilla, in terms of looks. Chest slot items are almost never interesting; shoulders remained a bit interesting in TBC, but were never as amusing as vanilla, and Wrath shoulders were about as interesting as cold grits. So far Cata has been very much in the Wrath mold. I've yet to see a tier set that made me think anything but "hey, that must take a long time to put on."

Helms are about the only thing that there was a lot of creativity with going into TBC. I love some of the things they did with helms in TBC, but again, look at post-TBC helms. It's as if someone told the art department to stop having fun at their jobs...

Go back and look at some of the pieces from vanilla. They have a color palate and thematic diversity that really made them interesting. Now you get this muddy blue, brown and green look that seems to blur at the edges of each character until your raid is just an homogeneous mass.

If that hadn't happened, I think the cries for Tmog would have been muted years ago.