So. Let's talk dress up.

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 26 Next

This. I keep trying to think of things for my paladin to wear, but "Ooh, this could be good look- oh wait that's cloth. Well maybe- nope that's mail. This chestpiece could be good for my 'sexy' set- leather. Dammit."

Get yourself a Stormwind Guard outfit.
Aegis of Stormwind
Heavy Mithril Shoulder
Grimscale Belt
Imperial Plate Bracers
Imperial Plate Bracers
Imperial Plate Chest
Imperial Plate Helm
Imperial Plate Leggings
Imperial Plate Boots
Bonus points if your paladin is horde.

I'm completely at a loss here. Nobody wears mail, and I haven't been around long enough to have any of the cool looking old hunter sets (PS: If anybody knows any cool mail gear or staves, please say so.)
Hunting odd things out in the world that I am stashing up. =D
08/18/2011 03:43 PMPosted by Cruz
This is my first set so far, aside from t2..just need a head and 1h mace to complete it. I found a perfect mace in atlasloot but it's bop/blacksmith made :( So if anyone knows of a red/yellow/orange 1h mace info would be much appreciated!

Syphon of the Nathrezim
Brutal Gladiator's Pummeler
Blackhorn Bludgeon

These are just some red ones I can think of offhand, albeit the Brutal one's probably the easiest to get >.>

I TOTALLY have to get the original Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood on my Female Human Warrior now, just for the sheer hugeness of it.

All good matches, thanks! I forgot about pvp gear somehow.
Well, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but...

We have an obligation to players and to our hard working artists to keep the game from looking too silly. I know looking ridiculous is fun for some players, but World of Warcraft was established with a design that the game overall kept its silliness in check. That’s one of the reasons we resisted adding a feature like Transmogrification for so long.

So weapons that look like fish, for example, probably won't be available as source items for Transmogrification, even if one is technically a dagger and has stats. There are a handful other weapons with "silly" models (such as frying pans, brooms, etc.) that may or may not be allowed -- it's still under discussion.

I vote against silly items being transmogrified (not that my vote counts lol). Imagine going through Vashir with a weapon transmogrified as Mastercraft Kalu'ak Fishing Pole. I would have enjoyed it more.
I am rockin my tabard and thats it....
I'm going with a "juggernaut" type feel for my ret set on my armory atm.

I need those damn Beth'tilac boots to drop for me to complete the set but s10 boots will have to do for now.
08/18/2011 02:41 PMPosted by Daxxarri
t4 or t6 with stylin' purple hat and Dual Dark Herring.

We have an obligation to players and to our hard working artists to keep the game from looking too silly. I know looking ridiculous is fun for some players, but World of Warcraft was established with a design that the game overall kept its silliness in check. That’s one of the reasons we resisted adding a feature like Transmogrification for so long.

So weapons that look like fish, for example, probably won't be available as source items for Transmogrification, even if one is technically a dagger and has stats. There are a handful other weapons with "silly" models (such as frying pans, brooms, etc.) that may or may not be allowed -- it's still under discussion.

But but....BUDD! Come on let us dress silly! :D Only a few people will do it. I sure wont be doing it, but I wanna see some one raiding as a master chef....hat and frying pan ready to go!

Frying pans should be allowed.

There's a certain movie that shows how OP Frying Pans are.

If this wasn't a total double standard, I would agree completely. Hell, I don't want to look silly, and I'd prefer others didn't either. But this is where you're going to draw the line? Really?

For the tiny minority of players that decide they want to have a silly weapon appearance, you guys are going to arbitrarily decide which weapons are "too silly" and which are not, and then have to worry forever after about people flocking to the forums because some new "unique" weapon type recently added to the game isn't allowed to be tm'd?

Yeah, good choice. That's not going to be a hassle or anything : /

Hey here's an idea: get rid of Moonkin form. I'm dead serious: Moonkin form. It's silly as hell, and I've always felt it broke my immersion. I actually campaigned against it back in Classic. After leveling 1-60 as Balance, I didn't want to be forced into looking like a deranged fat owl-bear with antlers. But nope, that got put in the game anyway, so I rerolled Feral.

And still no minor glyph to change its appearance, so Blizzard doesn't particularly seem to care about the game "looking too silly," now does it? All the cool looking Druid armors over the years have been replaced by a garish, stupid moonkin, and not a peep from the fashion police.

But now the game being "too silly" is a problem? What makes Moonkin any less immersion breaking than using a pitchfork? It's completely subjective. What about the Barman Shanker? How is a broken glass bottle going to pierce dragon hide? That item was so popular it even got remade, iirc.

This system is already too restrictive and conservative. Adding in subjective restrictions along with the objective ones is just suffocating it in bureaucratic red tape before it can even see the light of day.
Full Cenarion Raiment + Staff of Dominance waiting for my Druid, all attained in Vanilla =)
08/18/2011 03:49 PMPosted by Bombmagic
But but....BUDD! Come on let us dress silly! :D Only a few people will do it. I sure wont be doing it, but I wanna see some one raiding as a master chef....hat and frying pan ready to go!
You'd be surprised.

Also, if we are all forced to deal with seeing that whether we want to or not then some would actually prefer some restrictions. Not much, just some to keep the silliness under control.

I suspect most rogues will opt for the earlier non-glowy armor sets (though I think the rogue tier 12 set is the best looking in many, many tier sets). I myself favor the Assassination Armor set look. I think it's by far the most roguey, interesting looking armor. I've already collected the Opportunist's Battlegear set which is a black with dark red trim reskin of the Assassination Armor set. It's the best looking rogue armor set IMO.

I'll probably also opt for less flashy, more utilitarian looking weapons though I've not settled on specifics. I'm curious if weapon enchants animations will appear as normal on reskinned weapons or not. I'd love the option of turning off weapon enchant animations since when rescaled on gnome size weapons they almost totally obscure the appearance of the weapon.
Not the kitchen utensils! :/

I was looking foward using them
the fact that blizzard is still unsure how this new feature is going to work and how people seem to be grinding their teeth over it, yet they already have it announced, is very telling.

makes it that much sweeter.

Thanks for helping me decide whether or not I want to continue my subscription. Vanity appearances on items are a really cool addition and all, but setting a limit because something is "silly" makes no sense. Did the art teams not spend time creating "silly" items either? Are they not proud of them? Where, in the future, will the line be drawn on what's too silly and what isn't?

I play WoW for silliness, and when you take that away, I take away my $16 a month.

EDIT: On the draw of silliness, do you at Blizzard know what Saints Row 3 is? Do you realize how many scores of people really, really, REALLY want to play it BECAUSE it's silly, and not just yet another Grand Theft Auto? Don't let WoW turn into yet another swords and dragons MMO, keep the silliness and distinguish your product.