Booty Bay Bruisers

Achievements
Hey,

This forum seems the best fit now that there is no more suggestions forum...does anyone else think it is weird that Blizzard changed Bloodsail Buccaneers rep so that Booty Bay Bruisers can get you to exalted but then changed the bruisers so there is no possible way to solo them? Do you all think this was an unintended change or did Blizzard really want to make sure you needed a full group to grind through Revered and Exalted (since no other mobs except Shelly give rep at this point)?

EDIT: In addition, does anyone know if killing Booty Bay TOWNSPEOPLE gives rep past honored? I can kill a few while falling with a parachute into the water to not get killed by bruisers.
All the city guards were changed to 85, not just Booty Bay, and most were upgraded with each expansion to adjust to the new level cap. That change had nothing to do with Bloodsail rep.
08/19/2011 02:22 PMPosted by Motaman
EDIT: In addition, does anyone know if killing Booty Bay TOWNSPEOPLE gives rep past honored? I can kill a few while falling with a parachute into the water to not get killed by bruisers.

Only the guards past honored, afraid you're gonna have to either get a group of buddies and go to town, or frost shock kite them like I did. :p

Edit: Noticed you're enhance/resto, ele with the unleashed lightning glyph would be your fastest way to kite them.
I suppose they want us to get in a raid group.

The best and easiest way to get to honored is to farm the few mobs in Arathi Highlands
If you can't kite, you can safely range kill them if you've got semi-decent range DPS.

Go hang out under the scaffolding on the Old Port Authority building. One stationary Bruiser right in front of you, and three that path by. Their guns can't knock you around because you're against the wall, and there's a ceiling above you (they still interrupt as always though).

Sometimes you'll get one pathing into the one you're fighting, which can get annoying if they don't shoot simultaneously. If they do, that just means you're taking twice the damage but can still finish them off fairly easily.

I imagine classes with instant/self-healing have an easier time of this as well. This guy can chain pull all 4 without ever stopping to heal thanks to shield and VE.

In any case, this is the best method I've found for soloing these beasts. Grinded out 16k rep (as revered) in the past 48 hours. Melee, good luck. :x
There are multiple threads about this, and a couple of them of them are on the first page of this forum....

Anyway, the Booty Bay Bruisers are far more powerful than faction city guards, and Blizzard has repeatedly said it's intentional. (The Bruisers in the other goblin towns are as well.)

Grinding in Faldir's Cove is one option. Another option, which you've already forsaken, is to grind while Booty Bay is phased and everything is level 35.
08/20/2011 02:20 PMPosted by Raimondas
Another option, which you've already forsaken, is to grind while Booty Bay is phased and everything is level 35.

According to wowhead: http://www.wowhead.com/quest=26678
You actually cant do that anymore.

Also qaccy, that spot is beautiful for soloing it. the only problem i have is when a get the extra spawn and a pat but even dying due to that is a hell of alot faster then kiting the front four around forever.
According to wowhead: http://www.wowhead.com/quest=26678
You actually cant do that anymore.

You don't get rep for the Bruisers, but you get rep for the NPCs.
The best spot I found for soloing was actually right outside the tunnel entrance to Booty Bay. There are two guards, one on either side of the tunnel. These pull separately. There are also two pats inside the tunnel you can pull one at a time. I could usually clear all four before the outside Bruisers respawned. I never had any of them shoot at me.
I didn't realize about the phased quest before I did it, no way to go back now...guess I'll be respeccing Ele for it and just kill the two out front all the way to exalted. My server doesn't have enough interested people to get a group.
You can solo the guards, and yes, townspeople do give rep. I was able to solo the Bruisers and also kill the townspeople without dying (most of the time).

I used slowfall to kill townspeople, so that might not be a possible route for you, but the two guards outside of the tunnel, the ones in the thunnel, and the ones on the booty bay side of the tunnel ccan all be killed.
Have any shamans done this? I've never played Ele, how many short cast and instants are available to us?
08/22/2011 01:36 PMPosted by Motaman
Have any shamans done this? I've never played Ele, how many short cast and instants are available to us?

Safest way to do it is to only cast lightning bolt and use frost shock off cd. I kite them towards the pirates but i'm revered so they dont aggro, going the other way works too.

If you feel like getting fancy you drop earthbind, flameshock, instant LvB and then start your LB/frost shock spam. You rely on your earthbind more so you can do fulminations however it gives them a much higher chance of getting in range and rooting you.

Either strat I would reccomend range finder as an add-on to see exactly how far away the bruiser is from you.
Thanks Durn, this is extremely helpful.
Incidentally, can anyone link the blue post saying the strength of the guards was intended? They are four times stronger than Orgrimmar guards, after all. Seems a bit strange, but I can't find a blue post about it.

In addition, for other shamans trying this who may lack kiting skill (such as myself), here is a strategy I used. I am specced Enhancement with Frozen Power talent. This makes your frost shocks root the bruiser as long as it is 15 yards away. I wore my resto set to give myself enough mana to blast the bruisers down, and if he resists frost shock, I just drop earthbind and unleash elements with frostbrand weapon to super slow him until frost shock comes back up. So far it is MUCH safer than trying it without the frozen power talent. Put down a searing totem to boost your rate of kills.