So. Let's Talk Dress Up (PART 2)

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 16 Next
Is it possible to transmogrify one type of weapon into another?

For example, transmog daggers into fist weapons.

I think weapons whould be Transmogrifiable within reason, Hoping Bliz sees this and is feeling generous. Fist weaps are disapearing from the game it seems. both use to be classified as close combat specialization. maybe they'll take pity on us and make daggers and fists interchangable.
A. This is all just for changing things up, I agree with the option to maby hide shoulder pads, BUT, with Transmogrification you can make them look like one that you like so you dont have to worry about it

B. "Also (and this applies to all Transmogrified items), trading, mailing, auctioning or depositing an item in a guild bank will remove the Transmogrified art, returning the item in question to its original artwork." WHY NOT???? It would be so cool to be able to change the look of an item then sell it, you could pass on some gear that someone may want and not have any of!! The whole point of Transmogrification is fun for us why restrict it?

C. Would be SOOOOO cool if we could cross weapons, staffs that are supposed to be maces is not to much of a difference, its "magic" it can do that stuff and SHOULD! :D

The current say so is as long as the gear's the right material (IE Mail,Cloth,Plate) and not Silly looking like the frying pan Weapon, you're fine.

The gear also still has to have stats aside from armor on it. That means that there are a lot of white or grey items that might not be available initially when Transmogrification goes live.

When I made this character, I levelled him with the intent that I ONLY wear monocles. While I eventually made the concession of a T2 lookalike, putting away my Eye of Flame, and before that my Noble's Monocle, was a very hard thing to do.

I was super excited at first about transmogrification, so that I would have something to get me excited to play this shaman again, but with the no-grey or white item clauses, as well as the "no silly item" clause, I'm worried that my dream of never ever wearing anything other than a monocle will stay just that, forever.
(took out images because some didn't have item numbers listed - will relist when I have image item numbers listed)

(everyone forgets about the blue and green sets! Ran across some while playing around and really love it!)
some of us Warrior types have longed to go shirtless, and truly make /flex mean something.

OK, sure it would look better as a human or orc, tauren but eh whatever.

WTB EQ Monk class.

Ohh yeah, pants, boots and a 2h sword or axe, that's what i'm talking about
Any thoughts on how to finish sets without matching belts or boots? The blue t10 DK set comes to mind, but I'm sure there are a bunch more with some missing pieces.
My Questions for Bliz.

First question: I have 4pieces of tier 10 (10manHeroic / 25 man) missing the head. and 4 piece of tier 10 (10man) missing the gloves. Will i be able to colour change to match or am i going to have miss matched option untill i go back and get a 25man token / 10man glove token?

Second Question: I have a full set of 25man tier 7 from Nax during WOTLK. since the original colour / item was removed when nax was remade, is this colour going to be available?

Third question: Some item where released with the same model but different colours. Such as the tier 6 set from BT. im busy collecting the tier set but there is also a "set" with the same model but not a tier and its white. Am i going to have to pick up all these drops before i can be a white tier 6 priest?

All these questions can boil down to one i guess. are we going to be able to pick from the Colours already in game for the models we allrdy have?
I'm a hand to hand enthusiast in Enhancement spec, but by far my favorite fist weapon model is only used as quest rewards in Northrend that I've long done and vendored. :(

I hope Blizzard uses cool looking one time quest reward gear like Knuckle of Victory and it's offhand match Fist of Subtlety again sometime in the future! (preferably in an icy blue or purple color!)

The current say so is as long as the gear's the right material (IE Mail,Cloth,Plate) and not Silly looking like the frying pan Weapon, you're fine.

The gear also still has to have stats aside from armor on it. That means that there are a lot of white or grey items that might not be available initially when Transmogrification goes live.

As an aside, a lot of people have been asking about hiding shoulders, belts, etc. For now, it's looking pretty unlikely that we'll offer the option to hide anything aside from helm and cloak.

Does the items themselves have to share similar stats? For example, on my Paladin, I want to do a Crystal themed tanking set, I have Crystalforge and the Aldori Legacy Defender. The only weapon that really fits well with this set is the old Merciless Gladiator's Salvation.

That item has Intellect and Spell Power, but it's still a mace and fully equippable by my Paladin. Will I be able to use it as my Transmogrification of my Gurubashi Punisher, or will the intended spec difference of the items not work?
This all sounds terribly boring and a waste of time.

As an aside, a lot of people have been asking about hiding shoulders, belts, etc. For now, it's looking pretty unlikely that we'll offer the option to hide anything aside from helm and cloak.

Well if you could mention to the powers that be: You've made shoulders on par with helms for difficulty in upgrading and you've made them look abnormally large, with no option to hide them.

aww i had set in mind for my shaman that used the thanks giving day events robe. :(

That makes me sad that we can't use grey and white items (yet). I wanted to get the items together I did for a Halloween party my guild did last year in game. I have a wolf helm from the BC quest in Terrokar Forest and bought the matching leather gear and dressed up as a "worgen"..... I was gonna put that set together again for my troll druid. :(

You've crushed my dreams Blizz.... I hope only temporarily...
Would it be possible to reconsider the main hand -> main hand option (i.e. can we please get main hand -> one hand)?

There are lots of good looking main hand weapons, but there is a complete dearth of upper tier main hand weapons that can be used by the physical melee or ranged classes.

Almost all of the "main hand" weapons released (with a few rare exceptions outside of fist weapons) in all of Cata and Wrath are for casters, leaving warriors, dks, rogues, shamans, hunters, etc... out in the cold if they want to remodel one of their weapons with one of the "cooler" mainhand options that are out there.

Or, as a possible compromise, can we force one of our current weapons, say a gurubashi punisher for instance, to be recognized as main hand permanently as part of the transmogrification process, so that it could then be allowed to be changed as part of a main hand -> main hand mog?
08/22/2011 07:01 PMPosted by Lull

this sounds to me like it might be a technical limitation that they put in for simplicity - i.e. a simple check for stats that would help filter out a ton of items they don't want "mogged" - but unfortunately some perfectly useable gear gets caught up in the filter.

I doubt it's because they don't want people to not use grey gear. If they don't, that's a lot of hate for gear that is missing it's best chance to see the light of day.
08/22/2011 06:40 PMPosted by Daxxarri

Good. They want something that looks good, go get it.
I might be the original asker of this, and I see its almost been answered, but I'll ask again for good measure...

Can you you use One weapon as the 'mogging subject of Two weapons? e.g. I have an awesome dagger I would love to "dual wield" visually speaking. Is this possible?

Do the stats have to come on the item naturally, or would an enchant make the item become... what, transmogrificational? transmogrified? transmogrifiable?