Updated Void Storage and Bag Search Images

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
Will you be able to use items in your void storage directly for "mogging", or will you have to withdraw them first?
Does the search only work for item names? The searches included in many of the more popular bag organization addons allow me to type in keywords like "sword", "cloth", "trinket", or "head", and highlight the items of the appropriate type, or slot. I love this functionality, especially for use in the guild bank on the giant tab of blue items waiting to crush you if you stare at it too long.
I like the idea of a bag search, but it seems a little "clunky" with having multiple bags still. Would it be possible to create "one bag"/panel to use with the search? At the very least a setting you can pick to use one bag or the seperate bags.

I just think a search would look much better with one bag. For an example of what I'm talking about in case I'm not very clear it would be something like the Addon Tbag-Shefki. http://media.curse.com/Curse.Projects.ProjectImages/4594/7881/TBag.png shown with guild bank and bag panels open.

Also a question. Does the search automatically open the bags? All of them, or just the one its found in?
ignore this post...
So seeing as it's void storage, maybe a feature where the ethereals can reach into the nether to retrieve items that were previously destroyed/vendored? =( I really just want to know if there's any way I can get those quest items back that were unique models.
Could the Bag Search have a spellcheck/was-this-what-you-meant option? Too often I type little typos or miss-spell a word like leggaurds without realizing it, and find no results.
can we sticky this?
08/19/2011 06:14 PMPosted by Nessingwary
How many slots of void storage will be available?

80 slots.

08/19/2011 06:16 PMPosted by Alkari
Will you be able to use items in your void storage directly for "mogging", or will you have to withdraw them first?

You'll have to withdraw them first. The same would apply if you wanted to delete or destroy the items, too.

Think of Void Storage as a kind of stasis chamber.

08/19/2011 06:30 PMPosted by Clovyn
Could the Bag Search have a spellcheck/was-this-what-you-meant option? Too often I type little typos or miss-spell a word like leggaurds without realizing it, and find no results.

I don't believe the system is currently set up to do that, but I can certainly pass your feedback onto our designers. :)

Even so, the bag search is pretty smart and will start to filter results immediately after you begin typing. So, while you may not know how to spell a specific item's full name, you could always type in what you know -- maybe the first few letters, or one of the words in the item's name -- and the search will filter out anything that doesn't match.

You can see that kind of dynamic filtering in this screenshot here: http://us.media4.battle.net/cms/gallery/X6ZRMWJ5DX5M1313796610166.jpg
I love the concept of putting items in "deep freeze," and agree with the idea of removing their gems, enchants, etc.

But I would like it if the Transmogrification UI allowed us to use items from our Void Bank without withdrawing them, as well as our bags. Otherwise I think it would defeat the purpose, unless the withdraw/deposit costs are extremely low.
Í´m having an incredibely hard time deciding what set i´m going to mog
Also, just to clear up a few points of confusion:

• Void Storage vaults will be per character, not per account. We're still very interested in providing a way for players to share BoA items cross-realm, but there are a number of technological milestones we need to reach before we can make that kind of service available.

• The prices for unlocking a Void Storage vault, depositing items, and withdrawing items are still under discussion. The values shown in the blog screenshots should not be considered final.

• You don't need to place an item in Void Storage in order to use it for Transmogrification. The systems are completely separate. They're designed to complement one another, but not require each other.

• Most tabards will be eligible for Void Storage (excluding a few which cannot become soulbound to a character).

Thanks for the questions. Nice to see you solved two problems with one feature.
I noticed the 1000G to unlock screenshot is gone, can I take that as meaning you're reconsidering the price of that or even reconsidering an unlock cost in the first place?

And the tabards not eligible are the guild ones, they're BoA.
Do items loose their mogness when deposited, like they do enchants?
Can we store "fun" items, like Brazier of Dancing Flames? What about token items like the scourge marks or argent tournament aspirant marks?
Are items excluded individually or on type basis? Non consumables vs no [Elixir of Exclusion].
Is this where sentry totem ran away to?
How will the vanity aspects of enchants work? If we want a stats weapon to have a vanity glow (like fiery weapon), will we be able to achieve that by putting the vanity enchantment on the vanity weapon?
08/19/2011 07:35 PMPosted by Beefchief
How will the vanity aspects of enchants work? If we want a stats weapon to have a vanity glow (like fiery weapon), will we be able to achieve that by putting the vanity enchantment on the vanity weapon?

They posted elsewhere (I think) that the enchant on your item comes from the stat item, not the vanity item.
08/19/2011 06:48 PMPosted by Lylirra
80 slots.

Will this have the possibility of expanding in the future? I'm assuming with new technology that it is being made with this in mind but I want to be sure.