Portable forge or anvil.

Professions
Anyone think blacksmithing or mining should get a portable forge or anvil at a certain level
It's an interesting idea. I've always wanted something like that for my pally. The problem is that I think Blizz wants most professions to require visiting a city every once in awhile (buying mats like flasks, thread, etc. or to access a forge/anvil).

Imo, a portable forge/anvil should be an item but one that requires some work to obtain. An archeology rare was one idea I had but given the state of that prof, maybe not. Perhaps a quest line like the old weaponsmith/armorsmith to complete but doable by any player with a profession that can use it (Mining, JC, BS, Eng).
08/19/2011 06:57 PMPosted by Tavinran
Anyone think blacksmithing or mining should get a portable forge or anvil at a certain level

Yes, lots of people have for the last six years.

Longtime already known suggestion/dead horse.

People visit cities regardless of whether they have a profession or not and there are professions that don't require visiting a city anyways. I think this would work best as a blacksmithing pattern. Possibly requiring you to have mining in order to use it. Possibly something that can cover as both an anvil and forge is an idea as well. Something that will take some work to get like the jeeves repair bot would be nice.
I've been singing this song for the last 5 years.

As much as it would be a great addition to the game, I simply don't see it happening.
No. I think Engineers should get an upgraded Jeeves with a portable forge/anvil that anybody nearby can use.