Will Transmogrification Bring Gearscore Back?

General Discussion
Since players seem to be too lazy to actually inspect other players to see their gear, do you think gearscore will make a comeback when transmogrification is introduced?

How do I know players are too lazy to do so? Because they keep making threads or going to threads to say, "Transmogrification will allow players to cheat because they could just make themselves look like they are wearing good gear" or some nonsense like that.

Since it appears that baddies who don't want to take time to inspect people are more numerous than previously expected, I believe we will see a comeback of gearscore. Anyone else believe we will see a trend?

Edit: Apparently Gearscore also scans gems/enchants/glyphs too... I think I'M going to get GS too... But not for the stupid reason above lol.
/inspect

ALSO for the 50 BILLIONTH time!!!

If you do not own the gear, you cannot change to it. I do not own H T12 gear, so I cannot 'mog my gear to look like it. If I owned it, I'd be wearing it anyway. That's the point of having to own it!!
I remember back in TBC, "LFM BT, meet under Ad'al for inspection". I don't understand why the player base became so lazy and can't just do this again but in front of the AH. It's not difficult.
08/21/2011 06:04 PMPosted by Siyala
No, because displayed ilvl is what killed gearscore, not being able to see people's gear.
No, because displayed ilvl is what killed gearscore, not being able to see people's gear.

An acceptable theory.

It will be interesting to see which way this goes.

Remember, PvP gear has a higher IL than PvE gear, so Ilvl isn't exactly cracked up to what it should be. But I guess GS works the same way.
Who cares about Gearscore? T11 got a straight 20% nerf, you probably could do it in ilvl 333.
Dunno about the rest of the community, but using the Gearscore/playerscore addon hasn't stopped for me with the introduction of ilevel... The addon makes for quick and easy scanning of someones gear/talents/gems, etc. If anything, the addon is much better than it was back in Wrath.
08/21/2011 06:07 PMPosted by Hintai
Dunno about the rest of the community, but using the Gearscore/playerscore addon hasn't stopped for me with the introduction of ilevel... The addon makes for quick and easy scanning of someones gear/talents/gems, etc. If anything, the addon is much better than it was back in Wrath.

I didn't know it did that now!

Might be worth investing in again.
Didn't Blizzard break Gearscore like they broke AVR?
Why would they break Gearscore? It doesn't interact with anything really, it just provides an advanced inspect feature
FFS!!!!

You see that big freaking search bar at the top of the page? DO YOU?

Well you can use that to check peoples gear, achievements

or you can inspect them.

stop being lazy.
Nobody's being lazy. OP was asking if they thought this would make a comeback because of it. Maybe cool it and don't fly off the handle with the "FFS" garbage.
08/21/2011 06:21 PMPosted by Hintai
Why would they break Gearscore? It doesn't interact with anything really, it just provides an advanced inspect feature
They banned it for a bit back in WOTLK because of the severe lag/load on the server it was causing at the time.
08/21/2011 06:26 PMPosted by Grodak
They banned it for a bit back in WOTLK because of the severe lag/load on the server it was causing at the time.

I did not know that. Makes sense, i remember it causing a big drag whenever you scanned someone with it back in wrath.