Developers Read: Benediction

General Discussion
1 2 3 13 Next
I'm writing this because I had several GM's verify and acknowledge that I did, in fact, have in my possession all three items needed to construct Benediction with the click of a button in my bank, which became red question marks and are now gone. I was waiting until 80, and then 85, to construct the staff for roleplaying purposes, in order to recreate the nostalgic value of recording the staff at the highest level. I even had a senior GM personally write me and apologize for the extremely unfortunate events surrounding my benediction (Like I said, developers, you can go into my account and see all of this for yourselves).

I understand that it is part of the development team's design to remove the itemfrom the game, and I respect those decisions. But look how someone like me, who essentially earned the staff, has been robbed. They suggested I write about my experience on the forums so the developer's can see how it has affected players gameplay experience. Essentially, I was robbed.

Thanks for reading.
-Gatewood, Emerald Dream
I would throw a fit...coolest looking staff....EVUR.

I support this post and I'm usually just a forum troll.
Ouch. And unfortunately, as they're quest items, the GMs probably have their hands tied.
That sucks. blizz removes items pets and mounts from the game all the time but they have NEVER taken it from a player.

That's wrong and should be fixed ASAP.
Bad timing, friend. My condolences.
08/24/2011 05:17 PMPosted by Crepe
Ouch. And unfortunately, as they're quest items, the GMs probably have their hands tied.

Not necessarily. I think in this case, the problem lies more in the fact that the items because red question marks. They don't exist anymore.
The Senior GM stated they literally don't have the ability to restore any of the class quest items at all anymore. They were...extremely apologetic to me. But it is still a major, major let down :(
Once again, really sorry to hear about this...you're a great role-player and please don't leave Emerald Dream!!
P.s. Seriously. Don't quit over this!
Well, if that isn't a donkey kick in the face I don't know what is.

Besides a donkey kicking you in the face. ps sorry :(
Ouch, when I heard about how Cata was going to destroy the world and probably break many old epic quests I got my butt in gear on my hunter and made the bow. Sadly, I never had time to do the priest though I wanted to.
08/24/2011 05:24 PMPosted by Gatewood
The Senior GM stated they literally don't have the ability to restore any of the class quest items at all anymore. They were...extremely apologetic to me. But it is still a major, major let down :(

The ability -/- allowed to restore the items.

Edit: I still remember how easily and casually they made items for that boy who was dying with cancer. They simply don't want people to get this item anymore, for whatever reason.
Oh god my hunter bow!
I'm sure they'll sell you the skin somewhere down the line.
08/24/2011 06:10 PMPosted by Mircalla
I'm sure they'll sell you the skin somewhere down the line.

This is probably the real reason. I'm sure that they are gunning for people like the OP to pay 50$ for it.
That's a great shame. My brother has the staff, and it's quite a beauty. Don't stop trying to get it back.
There is no way I'll pay any amount of money for the skin of something that got taken from me by the people I'm already paying! The moral dilemmas with that are through the roof!