rebuke ranged

Arenas
hi guys,

I would love to have some range put on my only interupt would this really affect anyone else in such a bad way even if it was only for holy i cant see a big problem with this happening can you and if so why.

Id even be happy if i had to put talent points into it.
hi guys,

I would love to have some range put on my only interupt would this really affect anyone else in such a bad way even if it was only for holy i cant see a big problem with this happening can you and if so why.

Id even be happy if i had to put talent points into it.

doubt it will happen. a blue already mentioned that they plan to nerf windshear in an upcoming patch.
because its a 4 sec lockout (shear is 2 sec, .5 after gcd longer then the gcd) and you already have to cast the least of any healer.

be patient after the over nerf to resto shamans paladins will be the best overall healer in all likely hood.
i dont think we cast the least of every healer and it sucks that people think that just because they dont know / play the class take into account all our spells / hands / sheilds its not just a two spell type of thing (well if you play it right).

And as for the point on the lock out make it two seconds then i dont mind even if there is a talent or glyph that ups the range and decreases the time lock out id be happy with that.
And also thank you for raising that point it was constructive.

i love the 2 sec lockout argument from shamans.

id gladly give up a 10sec kick - 4 sec lockout for 6 sec kick, 2 sec lockout.

the lockout isnt what makes kick good, kicks are good when they can happen frequently because jukes are less punishing.
i dont think we cast the least of every healer and it sucks that people think that just because they dont know / play the class take into account all our spells / hands / sheilds its not just a two spell type of thing (well if you play it right).

And as for the point on the lock out make it two seconds then i dont mind even if there is a talent or glyph that ups the range and decreases the time lock out id be happy with that.
And also thank you for raising that point it was constructive.

your instants heal more then anyone else's, you get have more instant heals, your two cc's are both instant (granted one needs a glyph)

08/25/2011 08:42 AMPosted by Taleya

grass is greener syndrome
lol@ranged Rebuke :P

08/25/2011 08:42 AMPosted by Taleya

For your who? Your rogue, who is a melee class? I'm sure you would. Enhancement shamans would probably be okay if it were changed to a 10/4 kick, and required melee range. Elemental can keep it the way it is. I'm guessing they're either drastically reducing the range, increasing the cooldown or just removing it from resto shamans.
for starters word needs to be built up its not just a heal we can spam and dont fool yourself thinking that it is. And if a pally is spamming 1 shock 1 word they will not be able to keep there partner/s up.
Secondly we heal big for a reason we lack hots and need to heal big as when we are ccd our partner/s are not being healed and we have to make up for it.
Also we have no real dps.
So dont come here with youre ''im a shaman i dont want to be nerfed so ill just pull out the look at other healers theere op and can just use one button and heal a player to full as well as kill another one crap).
And all i was asking was about an interupt so try not to change the topic to suuit your self. If you have a real point about the original topic then i am all ears if not go play with youre floating turd.

for starters word needs to be built up its not just a heal we can spam and dont fool yourself thinking that it is. And if a pally is spamming 1 shock 1 word they will not be able to keep there partner/s up.
Secondly we heal big for a reason we lack hots and need to heal big as when we are ccd our partner/s are not being healed and we have to make up for it.
Also we have no real dps.
So dont come here with youre ''im a shaman i dont want to be nerfed so ill just pull out the look at other healers theere op and can just use one button and heal a player to full as well as kill another one crap).
And all i was asking was about an interupt so try not to change the topic to suuit your self. If you have a real point about the original topic then i am all ears if not go play with youre floating turd.

wog 30% proc for free one
holy shock with a proc for a cd reset
instant flash

yes that is more output via instants then any other class that is frequently repeatable, you may not have hots but you don't have a passive absorb shield on every heal to boot.

So dont come here with youre ''im a shaman i dont want to be nerfed so ill just pull out the look at other healers theere op

clearly I said that, many "forum regulars" can attest I have never said resto shaman's are balanced in current content and I have "championed" many fair nerfs for resto shamans including some that were done like grounding cd increase. Furthermore don't come here and saying paladins need buffs because you want to be the op healer, when you currently are the 2nd strongest overall healer by a fair margin.
because its a 4 sec lockout (shear is 2 sec, .5 after gcd longer then the gcd) and you already have to cast the least of any healer.

be patient after the over nerf to resto shamans paladins will be the best overall healer in all likely hood.

I hope you're not trying to talk down the effectiveness of wind shear....
08/25/2011 09:27 AMPosted by Reckyo
I hope you're not trying to talk down the effectiveness of wind shear....

oh god no, its an amazing tool. A tool when used correctly seperates the good from the bad for resto, and I hate to see more of such things removed and the game continue to be streamlined to faceroll content.

nerf skill link
up the cd on resto's tremor

then let things settle and go from there.
did i ask for buffs no.
I was asking if anyone could see a problem with rebuke being ranged in my original post i did not say nerf any one buff anyone it was just a question / descussion after all is that what the forums are for.
Also i was not asking for a debate on ur heals v mine.
Asking'a question is not asking for a buff but you can keep saying that pallys are op and have instant heals And draw attention of your class if that will make you happy and ignore the main topic i really dont care and if you do have a point regarding rebuke liKe i sad before say it but remember i did not say to bring it in i asked if it would have a bad affect on other classes and so forth.
If it did come in and they buffed pallys aswell and made us stupidly op i would not like it i dont want to be op i just was asking about a slight tweek notice the asking about bit it is different to wanting some thing or nerfing something else.
No you cannot have your rebuke changed, they may, however, change the denounce mechanic and also change the incredible power of word of glory, forcing holy paladins to actually cast. Then they can compensate by having aura mastery make you immune to all crowd control effects for the duration. Problem not solved.
Making rebuked ranged IS a buff... And no one said pallies were OP, just the second best overall healer right now. He/she stated that pallies have the most heal throughput through instant casts. That's not calling you OP. You're exaggerating others' statements to belittle them in comparison to your own, and it's not working.
Like pallys need more buffs....

And Wind Shear needs a nerf. I like how the shaman in this thread is trying to pass of the grass is greener speech.

Face it, Wind Shear is nuts. Give it a cooldown that matches everyone elses.

Now back to the thread. Rebuke is fine.
you are missing my point once again i was not asking for it to be brought in i was asking if anyone had a reason for it to not be brought in.
And yes pallys could possably be in need of tweeking of some of our stuff that is strong i dont pretend we dont and i dont asked for anything from any other class to be nerfed either i have no problem with wind shear at all.
And in response to the other pally poster yes we probably do need a bit of a change to or casting / instant balance but i do not know the answer to that problem.
But i am / was just asking about rebuke and range on it and whether it would be op or even having to talent into it for example to give the option of range but at a cost.

the devs said windshears getting nerfd why all the qq?
08/25/2011 09:40 AMPosted by Dionpally
did i ask for buffs no.

....you are right asking about buffing rebuke isn't a buff !?!?!

08/25/2011 09:51 AMPosted by Zorthi
I like how the shaman in this thread is trying to pass of the grass is greener speech.

someone didn't read my follow up posts, and yes different interrupts are different and the grass is greener for a lot of classes, particually when a rogue is wishing for another classes interrupt vs their own arsenal of interrupts
hahaha,
read only bits that you want to thats fine.
I asked if there was a problem with rebuke being ranged and if so what is it, how you continue to beleave i am asking for a buff is beyond me, asking if there is something wrong with adding a so called buff to some thing even though i have said numerous times that it should come
at a cost ie less shut out time, talents needing to be spent in it, so it can be balenced. this is not asking for a buff but go on take snippets out of this and paste them and type more about me asking for a buff if you will i am done arguing with you over a simple question and cbf continuing with this any longer as you clearly have tunnell vision and it is just not worth trying to explain myself to you any longer.

But in saying all that i still would like to finish of by saying all the best with youre arena endevours in the future may the rng be kind to you and youre team.

08/25/2011 08:28 AMPosted by Stormspellz

My bet is priest. Also in regards to why pally shouldn't have a ranged interrupt, i'd say there are just too many ranged interupt/blanket silences atm and i'm assuming blizz agrees since wind shear is getting nerfed (knock on wood). Throw in the fact that ferals/rogues/warriors can interrupt at range (pseudo interrupt in the case of warriors) and it's already really difficult to get casts off.