Serpentshrine Cavern 25m: Soloable?

Warlock
Any Warlocks out there soloed or tried to solo Serpentshrine Cavern 25m Raid in Coilfang?
It's impossible to solo the last boss because of how quickly the tainted adds despawn.
08/28/2011 07:46 AMPosted by Roldiku
It's impossible to solo the last boss because of how quickly the tainted adds despawn.

Hmm. Ok, how about 2 manning it with a Hpal healer? Also would you suggest Afflic or Demo for this?
a friend ( feral druid) and I ( elemental shaman off healing) tried to duo SSC. we couldn't down hydross, fathom lord, and Lady Vashj. Hydross is a dps check, the adds are fairly hard to handle on fathom lord, and you need a few more people for the adds not to overwhelm you on Lady Vashj.
Hydross is doable with clever kiting and use of your Portal, but it can take a bit of time to down him doing this. Fathom-Lord is likely not soloable, although Lady Vashj might be since I've heard they nerfed Tainted Cores so they no longer restrict movement. If she is soloable, it'll probably be difficult because of the amount of abilities and adds for one person to keep track of.
08/28/2011 12:19 PMPosted by Andraste
Hydross is doable with clever kiting and use of your Portal, but it can take a bit of time to down him doing this. Fathom-Lord is likely not soloable, although Lady Vashj might be since I've heard they nerfed Tainted Cores so they no longer restrict movement. If she is soloable, it'll probably be difficult because of the amount of abilities and adds for one person to keep track of.

It's not just that, but the tainted adds despawn quickly and like to spawn as far away from you as possible, I've tried with another person and had to give up just because we couldn't get to the adds to kill them before they despawned.
Kinda sad, you can 2 man hyjal but you cannot 2 man ssc?
Went through the entire instance with a holy priest and enh shammy, not too much trouble. Adds on Lady Vashj were probably the only challenging part.
08/28/2011 03:12 PMPosted by Ampris

It's possible to solo Hyjal. I've soloed up to Archimonde using Demo for trash and Affliction for most bosses, and that was back before Firelands was released.
Would me at lvl 70 and a prot pala 85 make this raid and the eye, since I want the tier 5 for priest? I'm a disc priest btw
07/21/2012 05:20 AMPosted by Holybeauty
Would me at lvl 70 and a prot pala 85 make this raid and the eye, since I want the tier 5 for priest? I'm a disc priest btw
No, SSC requires at least 3 people, I have done it with a resto shaman and an arms warrior as demo. This is if you are going after the last boss, just about everything else can be soloed by a warlock. Hydross like others have said takes a long time but you can easily kite the boss with your portal. Tidewalker and even the lurker are quite easy as demonology. Tide just requires you to spec 31 demo and the rest into affliction so that you can heal through it all. Lurker on the other hand requires you to dip under water every time he goes to spin and water cannon, and if you get hit by it you basically die.
08/28/2011 03:12 PMPosted by Ampris

I'd say Vashj was harder than anything in Hyjal.

I'm also curious as to why the OP felt the need to clarify that its 25 man. Its SSC. Of course its 25-man. It can't be done on any other setting.
Everything but fathom lord (the council fight) is soloable, mainly because his chaos bolt hits for 50% of your hp no matter what. Maybe if someone does some crazy demo burn they can kill him before he kills you. Lady vashj is difficult, because you need to be quick to grab tainted cores, while killing adds and quickly taking out the tentacle walker things that fear. Everything else is a joke as affliction.
strange he doesnt even cast his chaos bolt (which has caused me problems duoing ssc) when i solo it on my hunter.
07/22/2012 10:04 PMPosted by Vellektrå
strange he doesnt even cast his chaos bolt (which has caused me problems duoing ssc) when i solo it on my hunter.

He only casts it at mana users
ah that would explain it
like someone above has said, you can 2 man everything in ssc except fathom lord (unless your partner is a non mana user, in which case you'll probably die after you burn a few of his adds)

used to do it weekly with an ele shaman friend.
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do you ENTER the instance solo? It won't let me in.