Do you make your nightelf quest in kalimdor?

New Player Help and Guides
Or in the Eastern kingdoms?
Whichever one you like best. You'll start in Kalimdor but if you want to go to the eastern kingdoms and do quests there go for it. It's all personal preference.
Depends on the character. My night elf druid quested primarily in Kalimdor because that was where most of the night elf related quests were, and were most relevant to her path as a druid. My night elf rogue, on the other hand, quests primarily in Eastern Kingdoms, completing human related quest chains, as he works for SI:7.

It's personal taste for me. You can choose to quest wherever you like. The primary difference is the kind of reputation you'll get. If you have a specific faction you'd like to get rep up with quickly (perhaps for a mount, or other related goal), then that can factor into your decision on where to quest.
Whichever one you prefer. I stuck with the night elf related quests on this toon, which are all in Kalimdor. My DK (also a night elf) quested in Eastern Kingdoms so that I could get Stormwind rep for flying without outleveling my friends.
I usually stick to the zones i start in, teldrasil>darkshore>ashenvale>stonetalon ect
for most of my races, if i make undead though...i leave asap
08/29/2011 09:46 PMPosted by Netharia

I immediately switched to the Eastern Kingdom, although the scenery is much nicer in Kalimdor, I found it very confusing trying to find certain things.
I took this character through Elwynn>Westfall>Redridge>Duskwood. At the time I just didn't feel I could go through Teldrassil one more time. Another reason is that I'm not very fond of post-cataclysm Darkshore. The terrain is so jagged and steep now. I keep running off the edge of cliffs and falling into water everywhere I go, lol.

I did stay in Teldrassil long enough to deliberately fall off the world tree though. I consider falling off the world tree to be a sort of rite-of-passage for all Night Elf characters. ;)
08/29/2011 10:50 PMPosted by Generus

I immediately switched to the Eastern Kingdom, although the scenery is much nicer in Kalimdor, I found it very confusing trying to find certain things.

Oops, what I meant was I switched from Teldrassil to Azuremyst Isle / The Exodar (both in Kalimdor)
i found that its really a personal preference. i started out in teldrassil then headed over to EK then i went to Kalimdor once i ran into an area i didnt like. Then just went back and forth between them. It showed me alot of the landscapes and gained some exp from exploring. If you want to build rep you should stick with one as i now find it a pain to get rep with stormwind because i never did any of their quests lol
08/29/2011 11:25 PMPosted by Nightwish
If you want to build rep you should stick with one as i now find it a pain to get rep with stormwind because i never did any of their quests lol

You can turn on "low level quests" on your mini-map and go back and do all the quests in the areas you skipped. Gray level quests still give the same amount of faction rep they did when they were green/yellow.
As a druid should i quest in bloodmyst isle? Also what about the expansions will the BC and WOTLK expansions quests pickup after I'm an elligible level.
09/13/2016 03:50 AMPosted by Iextbxxty
As a druid should i quest in bloodmyst isle? Also what about the expansions will the BC and WOTLK expansions quests pickup after I'm an elligible level.

Best to start your own thread instead of necroing and hijacking somebody else's

Doesn't matter where you quest. Bloodmyst Isle is a zone for levels 10 to 20, so if you're level 38+ you will not be getting much XP or any useful gear rewards.

Pretty soon, once you hit 40, you can go to either Thousand Needles or Eastern Plaguelands. Both are pretty good zones.

Expansion zones are a natural extension of the game. The Burning Crusade is available at level 58-70, and Wrath of the Lich King is 68-80. If you aren't led there naturally by preceding zones or pop-up quests, try going to Stormwind and find the Heroes' Call Board or something, and it should offer you quests for level-appropriate zones.
IMO, new players who are not yet proficient in the ways of making gold should concentrate on zones where the majority of quests give rep with either SW or Org.

Exalted rep with a city gives a 20% discount on purchases made from the cities vendors. SW and Org vendors sell fast flying at level 70 for 5000 gold before discounts. Exalted rep discount with them will allow you to purchase it for 4000g and save you 1000 gold.

City rep discounts are:
Friendly - 5%
Honored - 10%
Revered - 15%
Exalted - 20%
I'm so sorry for hijacking this post, but it seems I can reply to posts with the starter restriction(my game time expired) but cannot post separately. Any solutions? I was able to post before
09/13/2016 09:59 AMPosted by Morenador
I'm so sorry for hijacking this post, but it seems I can reply to posts with the starter restriction(my game time expired) but cannot post separately. Any solutions? I was able to post before

You should be able to start a thread here while on starter restrictions.

When time is applied to a lapsed account, posting in all forums is supposed to be re-enabled but sometimes it takes posting in the customer support forum to jump start it.

You might want to try posting there to see if it works the other way and jump starts your ability to post here and in other unlimited restriction forums.
I usually keep them in kalimdor.