Legendary Transmog

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
I'm aware of Blizzards unfortunate stance on Transmogging Legendary items. They and those who agree with them see it as making the legendary items common place, while many of those who worked their butts off getting them are pissed that their chance to use them again has been cut off. (Especially since Blizz falsely advertised the Transmog system by having The Hand of Sulfuras in their add) There are two possible solutions that feel would satisfy both sides of the debate.

#1. Add a special price to the Transmogging of Legendary items, one that involves current Raid or PvP content and that will always update with new content. (So that if players want to keep their Legendary items useful, they'll have to fight for it.

#2. Better yet, make it so that the Transmoggers or someone, can upgrade the Legendary items themselves, using current PvE or PvP content such as points or rare drops. This would allow the item itself, say The Hand of Sulfuras, to assume the stats of the most current PvP or PvE items but have the names and appearance of the originals.

Opinions are more than welcome but let's keep them civil and on topic please.

PS: Think of it this way, it's not very Legendary if it just coolects dust in your bank...
I'm aware of Blizzards unfortunate stance on Transmogging Legendary items. They and those who agree with them see it as making the legendary items common place, while many of those who worked their butts off getting them are pissed that their chance to use them again has been cut off. (Especially since Blizz falsely advertised the Transmog system by having The Hand of Sulfuras in their add) There are two possible solutions that feel would satisfy both sides of the debate.

#1. Add a special price to the Transmogging of Legendary items, one that involves current Raid or PvP content and that will always update with new content. (So that if players want to keep their Legendary items useful, they'll have to fight for it.

#2. Better yet, make it so that the Transmoggers or someone, can upgrade the Legendary items themselves, using current PvE or PvP content such as points or rare drops. This would allow the item itself, say The Hand of Sulfuras, to assume the stats of the most current PvP or PvE items but have the names and appearance of the originals.

I'd have to say that I agree with Blizz on this one. It's unfortunate that many people (myself included) don't get to have the "Legendary feel" of using Warglaives, or that Sunwell bow (I forget what it's called), but at the same time, it ruins the "Legendary feel" just as much when your entire raid is using those items, and unfortunately, both of those options have the potential to do that just as much as using them in the normal transmog system. Best to keep them as memories and nothing more imo.
I'd have to say that I agree with Blizz on this one. It's unfortunate that many people (myself included) don't get to have the "Legendary feel" of using Warglaives, or that Sunwell bow (I forget what it's called), but at the same time, it ruins the "Legendary feel" just as much when your entire raid is using those items, and unfortunately, both of those options have the potential to do that just as much as using them in the normal transmog system. Best to keep them as memories and nothing more imo.

I can see what you mean, but how legendary is a crap item that goes out of date in single patch, then just sits in your bank doing nothing? It's really no different than now, people could just as easily, if not more so, make twinks with these items and run around showboating.
why make another thread for this?
09/03/2011 10:35 AMPosted by Holyfrikncow
why make another thread for this?

Because I don't want my suggestions being drowned out.
i agree. i mean if you busted your butt to get a legendary item you should be able to show it. i mean blizz already didnt give us frostmourne... the least they could do was give us the ability to transmog legendarys

You say that like everyone in the game has a copy of x legendary. They are much more rare then what you are making them out to be. That's why they are "Legendary", they are rare. If you have one you damn well earned it and the right to mog it.
Chances are they'll be allowed eventually when restrictions start to ease up.

We'll see.
If I earned the legendary, why can't I transmog it?
Legendaries were meant to be a link to the memory of the past. So you can say "I remember when I got these" and the like. If they didn't put in these restrictions, BT would be an even bigger farm fest, ninja looting more out of control, and just overall the legendary's "oooo shiny" value would plummet. After 5 minutes I'd be like "oh look, ANOTHER pair of warglaives, how original".

Blizzard admitted that they accidentally put in the legendary hand of rag on the thing, it's not like they put it there, and denied it being the legendary, so don't try to use that argument.
There is no compromise. They have stated why legendary mogging is a no. There is no other way they want to do it. This is the best solution.

09/03/2011 10:47 AMPosted by Tikaru
If I earned the legendary, why can't I transmog it?

You didn't earn it. You ran outdated content and had good RNG luck. If you got the legendary while it was relevant, then your reward was the ability to wield it while it was relevant.

You say that like everyone in the game has a copy of x legendary. They are much more rare then what you are making them out to be. That's why they are "Legendary", they are rare. If you have one you damn well earned it and the right to mog it.

If they were able to be transformed, they wouldn't be rare, I can guarantee this.

If they were able to be transformed, they wouldn't be rare, I can guarantee this.

To elaborate on Noble's point:

Say there are fifty guys in Trade District. 45 of them all have different Swords mogged. 5 of them have Thunderfury. Thunderfury is the most common item of the group, because everyone who has it will mog it.

The same is true for mounts. Vial of Sand is pretty darn hard to get and rare. However, everybody who has it always use it, so now my easy to get Bronze Drake seems rarer than the Vial, because no one chooses to use theirs.
09/03/2011 10:44 AMPosted by Rius
If you have one you damn well earned it and the right to mog it.

Yes, and if we do have one, we've also earned the right to express our opinion that they shouldn't be allowed to be transmogrified.

I do not think they should be.
I agree, if anything legendarys deserve this transmorg treatment more than anything else.
09/03/2011 10:50 AMPosted by Garsid
You didn't earn it. You ran outdated content and had good RNG luck. If you got the legendary while it was relevant, then your reward was the ability to wield it while it was relevant.
Meh, i don't think you can use this as an argument. Just because the content is outdated and WAY overgeared, you still have to do a little work to get these legendary weapons.

If you get really lucky with the RNG (i did, i had both bindings drop in one run while i was farming for the Eye of Rag for my mace) and you get your items faster, that's just luck. You still have to go in there and clear all the bosses and farm for the other mats needed to craft these legedarys (with the exception of the legendarys that just drop i.e Bow/warglaives). It may not be the same caliber of work that it was back when lvl 60 was the cap, but it's still taking time to gather the mats, complete the quests (if any), and create the legendary.
09/03/2011 10:26 AMPosted by Jaing

Blizzard should adhere to the saying "The customer is always right." Considering they only manage to keep their shareholders contempt because of their sales due tot he Blizzard store, but that's a once a year thing. It won't last. They should be doing every thing to keep customers happy. That means no restrictions to transmog. In short, Blizzard should be kissing if they don't want lose more customers than what they already lost.
1. If you don' have a legendary your opinion shouldn't effect the outcome of Blizzard's decision on this topic (that includes Blizzard employees).

I started a similar thread and one person with a legendary said they didn't want this where everyone else with one said "Yes, I would like to be able to transmog my current weapon to look like my legendary".

There were people lacking legendaries taking both sides of the argument but the problem with that is that the main argument against it is "it would make them feel less legendary."
How do you know if you don't have one? You don't. I own Val'anyr, Thori'dal, Thunderfury, Sulfuras and both Warglaives. I am aware that anyone else that has a legendary will likely turn their weapon's appearance into that of their legendary which would APPEAR (but not actually) to inflate the amount of legendaries people have. And I am still for being able to transmog into a legendary.

If you are against it, please tell me why I am curious to see your thought process. If your reasoning is "It would feel less legendary" then 1) please have a legendary and 2) Know that your argument is based on a personal opinion that not everyone (not even the majority) agrees with.