I want Arena back... =(

Arenas
Ladders are dead.

No one Q'ing.

Lack of MMR reset means no competition.

No balance patches in sight.

No rewards past 2200 makes the arena ladder incredibly stagnant, even worse now that no one Q's because of teams camping rating.

Forced to do RBG's for superior point cap even though they are dreadfully boring and broken.

High pop PvP servers only ones worth playing on for PvP purposes (Kel'thuzad, Illidan, etc.).

Fix all the problems.

Ladders are dead.

No one Q'ing.

Lack of MMR reset means no competition.

No balance patches in sight.

No rewards past 2200 makes the arena ladder incredibly stagnant, even worse now that no one Q's because of teams camping rating.

Forced to do RBG's for superior point cap even though they are dreadfully boring and broken.

High pop PvP servers only ones worth playing on for PvP purposes (Kel'thuzad, Illidan, etc.).

Fix all the problems.

About 20 active "PvPers" on Ally side on my server :D

that's pretty close to BL alliance too :/
The lack of a "class balance" patch is rather disheartening, isn't it. Especially with the class imbalance being in the state it is in currently...

SW:TOR on the horizon......
Balance patches aren't what we need. We need quick, common, small balance patches.

They need to stop waiting months and months then throwing giant class sweeping changes at us. They need to give us patches that make small changes constantly to get towards a proper state of balance.
Balance patches aren't what we need. We need quick, common, small balance patches.

They need to stop waiting months and months then throwing giant class sweeping changes at us. They need to give us patches that make small changes constantly to get towards a proper state of balance.

there is sooooo much wrong now.

200% crits is unbelievably stupid (resil should dampen crit damage additionally, but not crit%). making healing crits 200% was equally stupid. totally destroying the awesome dispell system to ensure all healers could dispell in pve was asinine. ditto for giving interrupts to everyone.

MMR change with no notification prior, no reset, no detailed explanation of what they did is probably the single biggest issue facing arena this season.

and all that isn't even class balance! it's just fundamentally flawed stuff in the game.

at least they hotfixed the UHW nerf in....

200% crits is unbelievably stupid (resil should dampen crit damage additionally, but not crit%). making healing crits 200% was equally stupid. totally destroying the awesome dispell system to ensure all healers could dispell in pve was asinine. ditto for giving interrupts to everyone.

MMR change with no notification prior, no reset, no detailed explanation of what they did is probably the single biggest issue facing arena this season.

and all that isn't even class balance! it's just fundamentally flawed stuff in the game.

Could not agree more. /hug
totally destroying the awesome dispell system to ensure all healers could dispell in pve was asinine. ditto for giving interrupts to everyone.

About 20 active "PvPers" on Ally side on my server :D

that's pretty close to BL alliance too :/

not much better horde side. so many people have xfered or stopped playing :(
I don't see why we can't have minor patches applied every few weeks in the following months after a patch to balance classes. I'm sick if this "hit or miss" game every patch where we get classes that are either too powerful, too weak, or just all over the place. The only real significant changes made to fix these problems are done 5 or 6 months later with the release of another large patch, starting the process all over again.

Riot, creators of League of Legends, for example, makes a couple videos each month to give a sense of their direction to players and what they want to change. Every couple weeks there is a patch that applies fixes to balance. Given that World of Warcraft is a much larger game with more aspects than just PvP, Blizzard needs to bring more rapid, frequent changes. I just want to see the same effort and communication to at least know they're doing something. This should not be a major patch to major patch rollercoaster for classes. It's just lazy and shows that they put a minimum amount of effort into fixing this game.

EDIT: On a side note, I think justifying that abilities don't have different mechanics or values between PvP and PvE because players would be "too confused" is rediculous.
09/06/2011 11:42 AMPosted by Artirius
On a side note, I think justifying that abilities don't have different mechanics or values between PvP and PvE because players would be "too confused" is rediculous.

Seriously this. People aren't THAT stupid and it wouldn't be that hard to figure out. Heck even if they just made it so there was less damage to a spell like.

"Fireball does 4000 damage to an enemy target (2000 to enemy players)"

How is that confusing?

How does this have anything to do with what I said o.0? If anything it supports it. They have been making far too many wide spread class changing patches and it messes everything up.

How does this have anything to do with what I said o.0? If anything it supports it. They have been making far too many wide spread class changing patches and it messes everything up.

i'm saying there are fatal flaws much deeper then just class balance at this point. the whole pvp system in this game is pretty much frakked, and it's well beyond what regular, minor balance patches can even begin to address.

i'm saying there are fatal flaws much deeper then just class balance at this point. the whole pvp system in this game is pretty much frakked, and it's well beyond what regular, minor balance patches can even begin to address.

I don't agree. I think the system can work if they would stop buffing and nerfing with nukes and mountains.

If you take Rshamans and nerf wind shear and some of their healing modifiers I think they'd be fine.

Take Rdruids and give them either more accessable CC or higher direct healing power or single target HoTs and they'd be much better off.

Etc etc.

i'm glad some folks still have hope left....

09/06/2011 01:21 PMPosted by Ellesîme

I don't have hope Blizzard will DO it.

I just think that if they weren't being idiots it's possible.
09/06/2011 01:22 PMPosted by Blae

I don't have hope Blizzard will DO it.

I just think that if they weren't being idiots it's possible.

ahhh, ok, that's entirely different.

if they put extra crit damage reduction back on resil and dealt with 200% healing crits similarly, then i think they have a chance.

without those changes though..... nah, it's hopeless.
It's funny how many issues would be fixed by lowering crit damage. Like, seriously >.>
09/06/2011 01:26 PMPosted by Blae
It's funny how many issues would be fixed by lowering crit damage. Like, seriously >.>

yea, when they first made that change i was like "WTF, this might be the worst PVP decision bliz has ever made" and that's saying something :/.