Attention to detail

Story Forum
Tol Barad Penninsula is not a Penninsula.

The Thousand Needles Terrapins aren't Terrapins.

What's something else you think Blizzard slipped up on?

How about retconned lore still being present in the game, despite being mentioned several times on the forums, and at least twice at BlizzCon?

Or what about the magical ambiguity of Night Elf aging?

There are dozens of minor slip ups, which is unfortunate because it breaks the immersion and makes you think more about the 'Game' and less about the 'World'.
Draenei are even more ambiguous, they live for 25,000 years but no one knows if that's because they're immortal or merely because they are longlived. There was that Rise of the Horde girl, and she still looked the same age so we know that they age very slowly.

I do think Elves age normally though. just reach their prime and lock to it?
Draenei are even more ambiguous, they live for 25,000 years but no one knows if that's because they're immortal or merely because they are longlived. There was that Rise of the Horde girl, and she still looked the same age so we know that they age very slowly.

I do think Elves age normally though. just reach their prime and lock to it?

And yet male Night Elves can have wrinkles...

It's best to just say "a wizard did it" when this sort of thing comes up, in my mind. There's so many issues like this, especially if you dig deeper. There was a thread on the general forums recently from a person with a degree in Biology, pointing out an insane number of flaws.
Developer #1- Hey, I had this cool idea for a questchain!

Dev 2- Hey, that's pretty awesome! But isn't there lore that contradicts it?

Dev 1- Who cares?! It's COOL!

~~~

That's why
Developer #1- Hey, I had this cool idea for a questchain!

Dev 2- Hey, that's pretty awesome! But isn't there lore that contradicts it?

Dev 1- Who cares?! It's COOL!

~~~

That's why

Yeah.
As someone who plays Warhammer, i am all too familiar with the 'Rule of Cool'... Damn you Matt Ward...

Anywho, the differance is that, by and large, they don't break their own contenuity when they include something cool. They simply find a way to fit it into the established universe. Drago Kantor carving his name in the heart of the Daemon Prince Mortarion, for instance, though unlikely, is possible in a universe where a Lagsun armed Imperial Guardsmen can bring down a Tyranid Hive Tyrant, or where a single Tactical Squad of Space Marines can hold off an entire Ork Waaaaghh!.

The reason for this is the universe maintains a degree of mystery and ambiguity. Weird s@#$ happens all the time, and no one knows why.

Similarly, in Warhammer Fantasy, while magic is a very real, very viceral thing, maybe even moreso than in WoW, no one really understands HOW it works. Because it works, however, you get heroic figures like Sigmar who can route an entire army of undead single handedly, and Anaerion who could carve his way through the teeming Daemons of Chaos without breaking stride.

WoW's problem is they lack this mystery. Virturally everything is 'explained', which means to make new additions they need to retcon previous information. Whats worse, in their attempt for completeness, they make some glaring mistakes.