Hunter
Prev 1 9 10 11 76 Next

■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics/Raids

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
BG's

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Daze from aspect of the pack/cheetah, low focus pool - two shots and having to regen focus.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
Mobile dps, pets.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
Trap Launcher is clunky, low focus pool that limits rotation.
In PVP having other classes charge over Ice Trap without it being set off.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
limited due to constantly having to regen focus.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
BM as a viable raid spec, what is the point of having some great pets when you only get to use them when grinding dailies. Better focus mechanics.

■What spells do you use the least?
Scare Beast, Widows Venom, Raptor Strike, Eagle Eye, Aspect of the Wild, Immolation Trap
What type of content do you focus on?

PvP

If PvE, what type of PvE?

N/A

If PvP, what type of PvP?

Arenas, BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Shots costing too much focus, Pet bugging with 6k health when summoned, Pet not jumping off ledge when I jump off.

What makes playing your class more fun?

Being able to kite and have instant cast shots.

What makes playing your class less fun?

Not having enough focus to cast those instant cast shots, doing poor damage to players.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I don't like aspect changing in order to cast steady shot to regenerate focus.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

Being able to kill a healer.

What spells do you use the least?

Aspect of the Wild, Widow Venom, Ice trap because of being forced to use Freezing Trap instead of it.
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

I do a bit of both. I hardly have a focus and I care about all walks of the game.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

I primarily do Heroics, but do some raiding when time permits.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

I do all three relatively often. I'm not so highly rated to be considered "credible" by rating !@#$s and the like, but that's another story.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

I personally think the lack of self healing, mechanics that conflict with Hunter abilities/passives (for instance, Heroic Ozruk - Paralyze cannot be broken without extremely unorthodox tactics or Malygos - Power Sparks that are destroyed too close to Malygos are virtually unusable by Hunters due to Deadzone), and pet revival mechanics are the biggest QoL issues. There are numerous other issues as well.

To be honest I somewhat enjoy the challenge. I also like being unique in the sense that I can kite almost relentlessly without having to stop to cast. Another plus is Feign Death, especially when paired with the use of Misdirection [on the healer]. <This is a joke.

Ironically, some of the "unique" perks a Hunter comes with that actually encompass the challenge of playing make the class less fun, especially from a PvP standpoint. Kiting, for instance, is extremely difficult in PvP because we don't have enough gap openers and our movement speed bonus comes at a penalty that will have constant uptime if we choose to use it.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I have a couple problems with the Hunter rotation but overall it's pretty good. Some problems include:

-Killing Streak: The buff doesn't last long enough and is pretty abysmal.
-BM in general: The rotation is a bit simplistic, lacks a definitive proc (Killing Streak and Focus Fire hardly count because they can be macroed or involves an ability we'll be using anyways) that makes us press another key, and there's not enough interaction with the pet; Kill Command and Bestial Wrath aren't enough.
-Master Marksman: A bit too RNGish for my tastes, especially since it only procs stacks from a used ability (unlike other procs like Killing Machine or Maelstrom Weapon, which are autoattack and (maybe) ability procced).
-Improved Steady Shot: The buff seems a bit short, but the bigger issue is using utility shots like Silencing Shot (off GCD, so this one is really painful to use) or Tranquilizing Shot resets the consecutive Steady Shot counter. It's probably more punishing than Arcane Mage because they at least have more of an opportunity to refresh or drop their Arcane Blast stacks.

http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=191189 is a large scale example of what I sort of want.

Immolation Trap.
Aspect of the Wild (inferior buff that is covered by other effects like Resistance Totem).

I use most of the other abilities a lot...maybe that's sort of a bad thing?
What type of content do you focus on?
PvP

If PvP, what type of PvP?
BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
- Awkward trap mechanics (two button presses to use Trap Launcher, activation time, resist "bug").
- Painfully slow resource regeneration while out of combat or CCed.
- Not enough stable space for pet collecting.
- Favorite pets only accessible in BM spec.

- Mobility -- being able to do everything on the move.
- Rewards good positioning & battlefield vision.
- Drunken jump-shot kiting.

- Removal of fun pet interactions -- Eyes of the Beast, true "aggressive" stance giving a sense that the pet is capable of acting on its own (e.g. sniffing out rogues). Pets feel more and more like minions.
- Minimum range issues are far too punishing in certain situations, e.g. when defending an Alterac Valley tower or simply chasing someone around a pillar.

- In ideal circumstances, it's great; but awkward resource regeneration in PvP sometimes leaves me desperate to get a Steady/Cobra or two off just so I can do something.

- Increase focus regen while out of combat or CCed, so that when we start fighting again we have resources saved up similar to Rogues/Ferals.
- Put Freezing Trap and Ice Trap on separate cooldowns.
- Fix trap resists, fix Trap Launcher usability.
- 100 stable slots.

(You're streamlining again, aren't you? STOP IT -- I want my complexity and my harsh, uncompromising world back! <3)
- Widow Venom, Aspect of the Pack, Beast Lore, Distracting Shot, Raptor Strike
Both

For hunter, I was serious back in wrath heroic content. But in cata I switched to enh shaman for raiding and do primarily pvp on hunter.

Some arenas, some rated bg's, mostly bg's

I really don't ask for much. I actually thought losing ammo was a little lame just because I had to work that much harder to be up to par with other raiders who don't need anything like that (i.e. warriors, dk's, etc.)

the pets and the guns. I love them both. aspect of the fox was also a great improvement for pvp, and camo as well. BM burst is also pretty great. and the name for crouching tiger hidden chimera does not live up to the awesomeness of the ability :p

focus. I don't want a better way of managing it or another mechanic, but I like mana (part of the reason why I switched to enhance). Call me crazy, but I actually liked having more of a solid rotation which wasn't as proc reliant as it is now. I didn't mind AotV every now and then. But since I'm assuming focus is here to stay, I'd say what makes it less fun is the annoyances of BM. It's my favorite spec in pvp and pve, but in pve it's sub par and pvp it's a blessing and a curse. a blessing when the enemy is LoS and you can just use KC and a curse because if you have KC available and your pet isn't in melee range, that's a problem especially since KC is our nuke ability. we don't have CS or ES, we have to rely on KC to do the big hits.

as I mentioned before, it has become much more proc reliant, especially MM. survival hasn't changed as drastically as the other two specs, but for MM there is a stark DPS contrast between those who handle their procs efficiently and those who might flub every now and again. I enjoy the BM rotation the most I think. I enjoy keeping eye on BW and storing up the focus to really unload some serious damage. Fervor is great as well but focus fire feels a little bit clunky. maybe have the pet cast it when it reaches 5 stacks and the pet does some sort of damaging ability while it gives you the haste benefit as well. I think that would be a good step in the right direction for bringing BM closer in DPS with the other classes right now. But as it is now, I don't even spec into focus fire for PvP as it is annoying and very unreliable due to pet being out of range more consistently than it would in a PvE situation.

Bring eye of the beast back! lol, that was definitely my favorite gimmick ability. I'd like happiness back as well, even just to glyph mend pet again to keep happiness up. The reasoning behind this is that it feels as if you guys are eliminating the bond that hunters have with their pets. They're becoming tools, like warlock demons. I don't want a tool fighting by my side, I want a companion. removal of pet happiness means that we no longer need to feed the pet, which is a baseline for any pet relationship both in and out of game, and removing eye of the beast removed the feeling that the hunter and the pet were one, which was a big reason why I became a BM hunter in the first place and another reason why I don't do PvE as a hunter any longer. And lastly, I'd like the damage buffed on snake trap. the amount of damage it's doing is negligible at best and the only time I use it is in pvp situations where I have it macroed with Feign Death.

I don't think I use widow venom at all. I'd much rather use a devilsaur than widow venom. Eagle eye as well. I wouldn't mind if you removed that from the game as opposed to eye of the beast. immolation trap as well. it does lower damage than explosive trap over time, so there's no point in using it if the target is stationary and it's unreasonable to set one if the targets moving. Even in PvP situations, what I usually do when I'm in trouble is I set a frost trap and explosive trap on top of one another. Basically, I could probably count the number of times I've used immolation trap on one hand, and those times were probably only on a target dummy for testing.
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVE

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raiding

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
N/A

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Minimum Range - It seems like a small thing but it really bugs me that on any given fight a boss may or may not have a minimum range. It really can impact my ability to stack with the group, it would be really simple to change if all bosses didn't have a minimum range for hunters. It really makes no sense when 50% of the mobs you encounter you can shoot at from melee range, while the other 50% you can't.

Trap Launching - It's just a frustrating small thing to have to click twice and then mouse click to launch a trap. If we had launched versions of the spell and could just click and then select location that would be a nice quality of life solution.

Disengage - Jumping backwards instead of forwards is just a little annoyance. All it means is everyone jumps, twists, then disengages to go in their desired direction. Honestly of the 3 this is the least important but it would be nice to not have to jump in the air and twist just to hit a disengage.

# What makes playing your class more fun?

I think the biggest thing as a hunter is that the class transitions well between raiding and soloing. In addition the pet and abilities give hunters alot of optionality and different ways to approach solving a problem.

# What makes playing your class less fun?

Lacking a real damage reduction ability can be a pain, while Deterrence seems to be working on more abilities again it would be nice to have a talent or on demand ability that provided better damage reduction or self healing. Minimum range is also my pet peeve as it just doesn't make any sense for me in a PvE context.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I like the rotation, I believe it provides enough interaction and difficulty while at the same time not being out right painful to execute.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

1. More active damage reduction
2. No Minimum Range in PvE
3. Another weapon, dual pistols or something would be cool but thats really a next expansion thing.
4. Pets to provide more buffs to fill more some of the harder to fight buffs.

# What spells do you use the least?

Wyvern Sting - Healing reduction

As a raiding hunter I feel the first thing that needs to go is minimum range. We are at a huge disadvantage to other classes. The whole "stack on his butt" technique never really lets us attack. I realize that someone could make an argument that guns and bows wouldn't do as much damage at point blank as they would at range. Fine, give us a slight damage decrease if we fire in melee range, anything that takes away that handicap (and while your at it, you could always give us a buff for sitting around max range, since that would also make sense...). As for a 5.0 idea, how bout giving us a real ability for our 85 skill. Camoflauge is awesome for sneaking around when you're bored, but how bout something thats useful! Like a passive ability that allows us to disengage out of combat, or something that lets us summon all 5 pets at once (I'm giving that idea, Stampede, to Frostheim as I stole it from him). There are also slight imbalances within the class as is. The Survival spec is the only one without a heal (despite being focussed on SURVIVING lol), and it also lacks the burst of the others. Whereas Marksmanship has Rapid Fire twice ever 3 minutes, we have it once every 5. All a Bloodlust/Heroism means for me is i add maybe 6 arcane shots into the mix to dump extra focus. Please, pick just ONE of these things to fix and you'll succeed in making the hunter community as a whole much happier. Even if you screw us and give us nothing else in the coming content but a 6th pet slot... please just take minimun range out. If you can reason your way into simplifying every other class down and turning mages into a one button joke for the less than skilled...can't you just give us a piece of the pie?
Alarm trap = Flare!
What type of content do you focus on? PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? n/a

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Disappearing Pet bar is a problem. Minimum range for Bosses is a pain, when most of the Raid stacks up for group/AoE heals (Beth'tilac, Staghelm). This was especially a problem in Baradin Hold against Occu'thar until the Feign Death fix

What makes playing your class more fun? The change from Mana to Focus was a welcome one.

What makes playing your class less fun? Though pet damage is only about 10% for Marks/SV, it's still 10% less damage we aren't doing if our pet is unable to reach the target (Alysrazor namely, when doing the Flying mode, or Ozumat in Throne of Tides). This is more detrimental if you are BM, where pet damage is about 40% of your totals (though you're not likely to be raiding as BM, nor doing the Alysrazor Flying mode)

How do you feel about your “rotation”? Having played all specs, it's fairly easy for all. There are few times when I have to dump Focus (i.e use Arcane Shot) a lot as Marks because Chimera shot isn't off cooldown and it's not worth cold-casting Aimed Shot because I am not under the effect of Heroism or Rapid Fire. This is not much of a problem as SV, and no problem as BM - sometimes even a little Focus-starved in that spec.

What’s on your wish list for your class? a short-cooldown (1 minute) DPS booster available to all specs; with Rapid Fire being the only one that's not spec-specific, it's long CD at 5min (3 as Marks) limits it's use. Nothing too wild

What spells do you use the least? Widow Venom, Raptor Strike, Immolation Trap (almost always opting for Explosive Trap), Aspect of the Wild
Other useful thing to know: my main (& only) spec is Marksmanship. Also this is my main & only class.

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]:
Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]:
Whatever my guild need me for, mostly heroics.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]:
Random battlegrounds only, for now.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.:
Few locking releases, fighting locking clases like warriors, DK & rogues is hard with just M'sC, also the lost ability to drain mana against healers, which was a key feature before and maes fighting agains healers a pain and a certain death.

What makes playing your class more fun?:
High mobility and a simple yet dinamyc rotation. i really like mechanics like Ready, Set, Aim...

What makes playing your class less fun?:
Stun-locking and movement imparing.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.):
Is simple, effective and we have a shot for most of the jobs.

What’s on your wish list for your class?:
A comeback of the ammo, like elemental ammo, armor piercing ammo, stunning ammo, etc.
Even longer range combat, maybe the clearer choice of slower powerful shots vs weaker & faster shots.
Make the hunter more hunterish, let camouflage have a bigger role, that traps are more than just another gizmo.

What spells do you use the least?:
I'm starting to use all of them, long CD ones like rapid fire i just starting to learn how & when to use, but i will use even distracting shot once in a while to save a caster or healer. That being said, distracting shot (& feed pet).

Both

Normal Raid - achievements

All

pet spawning with 10% hp.
Deterrence not working as intended.
and why did you remove aggressive stance ?

Make hunter viable in arenas please. I guess everyone in Blizzard is aware of this issue and they look at it as a well-known ignored/archived issue for them.

only having ONE viable spec in pvp and pve. almost all hunters enjoy playing BM but its only a fun spec not a viable raid spec unless you REALLY need a missed raid buff.

Rotation is fine.

-having instant iceblock (freezing arrow ?)
-fixing the scaling issues with SV and BM specs.
-making hunter viable in arenas (please)
-making deterrence or Master's call (only BM ?) remove dots on hunter
-giving some unique 'cool' effects to rare or exotic pets. Things like Terrorpene serves a cooking fire !

and again almost all hunters enjoying having exotic pets and playing BM spec. please make it viable in raids and arena.

immolation trap.
PvE

Raids

BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could
be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Overall, the good qualities of being a Hunter vastly exceed the bad. It is definitely plenty of fun to be able to effectively handle what I can as a BM hunter (though I would still like that to be worked on more). A big issue I have is that some of the interesting skills that you have are often either meaningless or not actually to effective.

the effective kiting potential, traps, wide diversity of pets to choose from, the special pets brought in 4.2 were definitely a big plus. The glyph that makes Raptor strike block 20% of the damage you would normally receive makes it a really interesting and fun skill

some skills are not as useful as I would like them to be (Snake Trap comes to mind)
there are also some raid buffs that a hunter can not supply and it would be appreciated if they were brought in later (spell haste)
not being able to keep ones self up is a very frustrating issue.
not being able to taunt the raid bosses anymore (so tank could Brez someone)
The Move To command is very ineffective and often frustrating to use.

Roatation is fairly solid, feels open enough to be able to make quick changes when necessary yet solid enough to make for a smooth rotation.

Possibility of tanking, larger stable, I like the idea of moving the Beast Mastery talent over to replace where Intimidation is currently. The ability to heal yourself. A little for to use when melee is needed.

Widow's Venom, Eagle Eye, Feed Pet (feels obsolete), Distracting Shot, Immolation Trap, Wing Clip.

PvE

Primarily Raids, but I also participate in Herocs.

None

Class Damage cooldowns (Call of the Wild, Rapid Fire) are on extremely long cooldowns and provide marginal benefit compared to those afforded to other classes. As Marksman, Rapid Fire and Call are not able to be synched reasonably, and as Beastmastery nothing lines up after the initial use.

As Marksman, aimed shot locking out autoshot and being unable to cast while moving (during aspect of the fox) are huge issues. Either the clunky aimed shot mechanic needs to be removed or aimed shot should be treated better.

Improved Steadyshot is also an obnoxious mechanic without the T11 4set, and the duration should be extended or just make the ability apply on one steady shot.

Being the only class to have "infinite mobility" is very enjoyable. Being able to provide the raid with numerous buffs is very helpful, especially on 10 man

Not having a free global cooldown ever is extremely frustrating. If you are not pressing a button at all times then your damage is going to suffer. Unlike rogues who naturally regen energy, hunters are forced to mash steady shot every time they are low on focus.

As Marksman - Being forced to hard cast aimed shot is not fun, and forces hunters to play in a very "un-hunter-like" way (rooted in place like a caster).

As Beast Mastery - Focused fire is obnoxious and should be reworked to be completely passive

As Survival - This is probably the most enjoyable of the "rotations" since you get to throw out your signature shot every 6 seconds. Black arrow needs to have it's cooldown lowered/removed in order to make it more enjoyable.

Proper scaling with haste and mastery would be very nice. Currently, haste is an extremely poor stat due to it's inability to lower the cooldown on the signature shots (which do the most damage in general). So you get more low damage filler attacks in with haste, unlike say an arcane mage who gets to shoot off more of their best ability with higher haste. Mastery is just generally unattractive, the bonuses need to be strengthened so it is comparable to the other stats.

All Traps. Immolation trap does less damage to 1 target than explosive trap.
* What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

I mostly focus on PvE, with an occasionaly bit of PvP

* If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Mostly heroic dungeons, but I've now finally gotten a chance to do some endgame raiding so I'll be focusing more on that.

* If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Told Barad on occasion if it's available, and the occasional BG if I'm bored/valor capped for the week.

* What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Minimum. Range. It's not so much of an issue with PvE since in most fights I have no problem staying at a range from which I can shoot, but in PvP? It's rather annoying to have a mage or lock casting in my face instead of from range, and not having all that much to do to them in return. I know there's a number of ways to get back to range (traps, disengage, etc) but it doesnt seem fair that other ranged classes have no/lesser penalties whereas hunters do.

* What makes playing your class more fun?

The utility - I like being able to bring a variety of buffs to a group, even in dungeons where it's not as important for overall success, but it's another way to feel useful aside from just numbers on a recount chart. Having some very useful cc's (particularly as survival with wyvern sting) also has the same effect since there's more i can do on alot of pulls than just stand and shoot.

* What makes playing your class less fun?

Mostly the minimum range issues mentioned above.

* How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

As it stands now, I like my rotation. I like that while it's overall fairly basic and easy to catch on to, it requires a bit of finesse to properly manage a lock and load proc without focus capping or having to little focus afterward. It's kind to beginners but has a lot of reward for more skilled players who understand focus management and haste plateaus and the like.

* What’s on your wish list for your class?

A tweak to Blackarrow that makes it feel more like a 31pt ability and less like something that almost feels like a waste of focus. There are fights where I find I'm better off throwing an explosive trap instead of Blackarrow because of the aoe/seemingly more commone lock and load procs. It doesn't necessarily need a damage boost, but perhaps a faster tick rate, lower focus cost, or shorter cooldown (or any combination thereof) might make it feel more like it's truly worth using.

* What spells do you use the least?

I'm not even specced into counterattack or mirrored blades, and I don't know any other hunters that are. There's little use to the talents in the first place, and certainly others that are better, so those are probably what nearly all sv hunters use least.
Both
All
BG
Beast MAstery being a completly worthless spec outside lvling. Beast damage needs to be increased. Weapons not able to fire close range ( Wow really )

In Marksmanship the DPS is cool but gets boreing at times. Pet is often forgotten about perhaps give the pet more utility? Having to get skills for it that you use that dont cost ME power. Me yelling " BITE" shouldnt take away from my own ability most people can talk and do other things at the same time. Maybe more individual buffs that are transfered by having the pet out thats party wide? Doesnt have to be a MAJOR buff. DPS pets giving a "Aura of the predator" .75 or 1% Increased chance to crit. Tank Class pets " Aura of the survivor " .75-1% chance to Dodge " Tenacity pets perhaps a movement speed buff or a percentage chance when rooted or CCed to break CC, Or perhaps a movement speed buff.

Traps. Sometimes traps on the floor are good but perhaps add a ability that allows the marksman to fire the trap directly at a target and not just at the ground. A ICE TRAP ARROW. Also The ability to instantly fire and set off a trap if its misplaced.

Rotation seems fine in marksmanship as well as the others I have tried.

I have ALOT of beautiful animals. But Beastmastery just isnt feasable in any setting outside LVling unless you want a MASSIVE DPS loss. Perhaps work up that spec a bit. I would even LOVE to see " Servent and Master" Skill. Allowing the Hunter in beast mastery to take the place of his beast. Perhaps when the Hunter is killed he spirit links to his pet for a minute. Giving him complete control over the pet. perhaps give the pet a few skills that are special and useable JUST for that Minute. I know my RL pet would go H.A.M. it saw me hurt and down. For one minute the pet has increased attack speed and damage? Also Perhaps make it so that a Beastmastery hunter doesnt rely on Ranged weapons. what would make a fighting animal and its master closer? BOTH BEING MELEE!!!! I would suggest hunters not having THREE ranged specs. Make beast mastery able to fight up close and personal with their pets side by side. I would love to have my pet shredding into something and me right there with my Fist weapons also clawing away. Hell I am in mail... and If a shaman can do it why not me? :) Now THAT would be epic.

Most the skills i actualy use. alot are situational though. All the melee Skills for a hunter are so weak its useless to even put them in a bar. Something get that close and wants you better Wing clip /disenguage or Feign or die. Weird we wear mail but cant fight up close...
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Primarily raids

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

small amounts of arena and bg's usually when im really bored.

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

minimum range as others have stated is a pain in many instances, biggest is probably pvp.

# What makes playing your class more fun?

multiple different types and skins of pets.

# What makes playing your class less fun?

taking 10 seconds to revive pet mid fight

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

the rotation for BM seems perfect imo, MM seems to be good also, haven't played SV since wrath.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

Hydras are the top of my list, no more having to deal with minimum range, the ability for BM hunters to be able to tank with their pet, return of eyes of the beast, Bestial Wrath giving you full immunity of crowd control effects along with being able to break them.

# What spells do you use the least?

widow venom, distracting shot, aspect of the wild
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Heroic 10m raids/just for fun nothing serious PVP

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Heroic firelands 10m

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] arenas/non rated bg's

Pet bar bug needs to be fixed. As i'm in a 10man heroic raiding guild i would love to have more options in my pets. Specifically i'm usually in charge of bringing a ravager for 4% physical damage increase, or a wind serpent for 8% spell damage. I would love to see these buffs on a ferocity tree pet, i feel roar of recovery is lack luster compared to call of the wild. maybe the option to choose what spec tree your pet follows? exotic pets excluded.

I've played hunter since release, I'm enjoying being able to move around more freely before i felt too restricted by movement. now i feel like if i plan ahead i can move without losing any damage, even while in hawk aspect.

In raids, i really enjoy the double rapid fire + heroism phases. it makes the class feel more dynamic at lower haste levels and at higher haste levels the burst is crazy high. the normal rotation is alright with the amount of haste it requires to use aimshot as a focus dump, it can feel clunky at times.

Talents. i dont like half the MM tree for talents. things like termination, resistance is futile, trueshot aura, marked for death, and now the nerfed careful aim. they dont even feel like they do anything. their flat, and their boring talents.

AoE, Spam multi-shot and hope you proc rapid killing. i would love if explosive trap felt good using. right now its kinda borderline on most encounters.

focus regen in PVP, it needs a buff or it the hunter 4set for PVP needs to be "Steady/cobra are no longer effected by cast/ranged speed reductions"

tranq shot feels clunky. needs to dispel more or cost less. Tranq shot should also prevent tanks from gaining back their vengeance for a few seconds.

it can feel clunky at times. during rapid fire + roar of recovery, its almost impossible to spend focus faster then you can gain it.

New and interesting MM talents.
New ferocity pets for raid buffs/debuffs
buffs for Explosive trap usable for AOE, Snake/immo for single target dps.
new glyph "glyph of aimshot 2, allows you to cast aim shot while moving with aspect of the fox active."
Tier set wise, i am heroic shannox. i demand rageface be tamable so i can facerage my enemies
trueshot aura NEEDS a passive bonus as a reward for speccing it, or change it from 10% ap to something else.

widow venom, feign death, misdirect, immo trap, anything melee, feed pet, immo trap, anything that isnt MM
I like to do it all, currently 4/7 FL and 43,000 kills in BGs. I have not done rated BG and arenas because of current hunter mechanics. It is nearly impossible to burn a healer in there or effectively cc at this time. Raids are fine for hunters, but PvP is not. Traps which have marginal PvE use are the solution since they dont work in most raids. Frezzing trap should be allowed to dps, while opponent is frozen without breaking. Ice trap should cause all affected to slip(knockback like) preventing casting or attacking for 4 secs. Snake trap should cause fear affect for 4 sec with snake damage scaled to match gear lvl, broken by damage from hunter only. Explosive trap should be scaled with gear and lvl also and should interupt all spells and attacks for 4 sec as it would be tough to cast spells or fight when on fire. Hunters should have the best traps based on just lore alone and need to be modified updated. the final thing is some sort of self heals for survival and slight increase of self heals for all specs, I have no problem with a healing class going from 20% health to 80% if they get a cast off, but a melee pally should have no more heals then a hunter
What type of content do you focus on? PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroics, Raids, Seeing what instances I can solo

If PvP, what type of PvP? Light BG

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? More pet slots was a huge QOL improvement.

What makes playing your class more fun? The pets and using ranged weapons as the main source of damage

What makes playing your class less fun? nothing, I find fun in all the alts I have but I have kept the hunter as my main since I started, through all the ups and downs.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? I run MM and find the rotation fine except for the steady shot pairs. I wish the imp steady shot buff lasted longer and gave a bit more focus.

1- A Boomerang Shot that lets us fire at a target we are not facing or around corners
2- A Legendary ranged weapon with an epic string of quests (Like the Ancient Leaf)
3- Making BM a Tank Spec where we ride our pets to tank getting different benefits depending on what pet we use.

What spells do you use the least? Arcane Shot would be the least used damage dealing spell I use. And Kill Command