Class Feedback – Hunter

Hunter
Prev 1 4 5 6 76 Next
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
If I had to choose one, I'd say my focus is PvP. I don't enjoy the time commitment PvE requires either waiting is DPS in the random dungeon queue or raiding. Although, as an aside, I am looking forward to testing the random raid finder.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Mostly heroics

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Since cataclysm, BGs. I need to give Arenas another shake.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
I REALLY like not having any ammo. I'm really happy to not have to feed my pet anymore.

What makes playing your class more fun?
I like an interesting shot rotation. Being self-reliant is also something I enjoy. Not that I need to overpower content, but I like having a pet to tank, even choices between which pet I need best to tank, and then the escapability when things go wrong.

What makes playing your class less fun?
Traps. And hunter's mark. The two things I hate most. Traps have gotten better with the shot launcher... and I LOVE that mobs are not pulled when CCing immediately anymore, but why are hunters still the only CC class that can't simply target their mob and shot? Let me shot the frost trap at the CC target... Or make the target template easier to use. It's too slow and cumbersome.

And Hunter's mark. It feels arbitrary, so I don't like using it in my rotation. Not sure I can articulate it better - I have no problem keeping serpent sting alive... but leading off with Hunter's Mark feels like work.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I haven't tried MM in Cata. I really enjoy the Survival rotation. It's a good blend of reaction to outside forces and regular rotation. I've only started playing with BM. BM seems a little too simplistic and I've been able to tie some of BM to macros to make it even easier. Think there needs to be more situational decisions.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
From a cosmetic perspective, I'd love dual pistols. Maybe dual pistols would be a MM tree option. I'd also like pet customization - Doesn't need to have a stat difference. I'd also like to see more weapon differentiation. In earlier expacs, you'd see hunters dual wielding swords, or whatever. Now, our weapon is just a 2H stat stick.

What spells do you use the least?
Hunter's Mark
Master's Call
Raptor Strike

Leveling, I used Steady Shot nonstop. Now, I almost never use it. As survival, I almost never use Arcane Shot, but I use it all the time as BM.

Hope this helps.
I, too, would love to see one hunter spec that doesn't rely on a pet (perhaps survival).

I love the concept of being the archer and kiting to achieve survivability rather than gaining passive damage reductions like several other ranged specializations. Though there's nothing I enjoy about micro managing an NPC to optimize my output; it's preventing me from playing the class.
PVE some PVP

Raids, quests, achievements

BGs mostly but I like to dabble in arena with friends.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
More stable slots and no more need for ammo are nice. I also think camouflage is pretty useful at times so I don't have to fight every single mob I run into.

Having pets and being able to shoot bosses in the face.

Minimum range

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I think its alright for MM and SV but BM feels clunky to me.

Removal of minimum range. Hydras, pterrordax, basilisks, and stegodons to be tameable. More unique skins for neglected pet families (bats, rhinos, and SPOREBATS). Dual wielding pistols and being able to use one handed weapons as my melee weapons again. Agility 2 handed swords and axes again as well as raid quality guns.

Distracting Shot, Widow Venom, Scare Beast
  • What type of content do you focus on? PvE

• If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroics, Raids, random solo stuff

• If PvP, what type of PvP? Nah, sick of getting shat on in arenas

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Minimum range. I know the reason we have it is because we cannot be interrupted, but on bosses where we cannot be effective because we're in minimum range, I find it pretty annoying. I like fights like Rag where we can attack him right along side of our Melee brothers, but fights like Baleroc and Beth'tilac are annoying, I mean, I can shoot Argaloth while dodging fire, from INSIDE him, but I can't shoot Baleroc (Who I think is twice his size) in the face (which is much farther away than 8 yards, fyi) It makes it tough when you're trying to beat an enrage timer, and your top dps is stuck on a crystal meleeing away at 1/10 of his best.

• What makes playing your class more fun? Instant cast spells, and being very mobile when needed

• What makes playing your class less fun? See "Quality-of-life"

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? Yeah, I'm cool with pressing four buttons, seems solid enough not to be too confusing

• What’s on your wish list for your class? Eyes of the Beast, Quiver appearing on my character model again (If you're going to bring Transmog to 4.3, I will get picky about visuals) a better way to use my trap launcher. Also, more selection in stat sticks. I love staffs and polearms, but I would really like to see two swords at my waist or a 2h sword on my back, something other than a fancy looking stick.

• What spells do you use the least? Widow Venom. Trap Launcher. Counter Attack. Feed Pet. Scare Beast. Beast Lore (Yea, I can see it's uses, but I've been playing too long to really need it). Snake Trap (Have you seen how little it does damage wise? 5 stacks of poison does 75 damage every 2 seconds) most use I've had out of it, was to spam ally with name plates (lol) Wing Clip (Yea, I can see it's PvP uses, but I prefer Concussive Shot)
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    PvE

Raids

None

Having to bust out scientific calculator to figure out if a piece of gear is an upgrade or not.

Big fast numbers and usefulness.

Minimum range on stacking bosses. Above mentioned calculus. Only one viable spec at any given point in time.

MM is fairly fun. Wouldn't know about the other 2 specs, can't play them in a raid.

Pistols. Cheap stat sticks (melee wep). Pet armor with stats. More craftable ranged weapons. Removal of minimum range. Bear trap (was awesome in WotLK beta, short snare that didn't break on damage).

Widow Venom, Aspect of the Wild, Snake Trap (dmg is the same as it was in BC)
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

I focus more on PvE

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Everything I can do

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

LoS issues when trying to attack enemies. Pets sometimes will not or cannot attack enemy due to certain pathings (IE enemey is standing at the other edge of a canyon or flying up high, an issue for me since I'm a BM hunter) There are still some issues where party or raid will have to get up close to a boss and it causes me go melee instead.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

Pets! And lots of them! I just love collecting unique looking exotic pets such as the Spirit Beasts and Chromaggus, the dragon Corehound.

■What makes playing your class less fun?

Well, as a BM hunter, I always have five pets for every occasion if we're missing a buff or a Bloodlust class. I don't mind that, but then when I'm a group that actually have everything, I kind of feel less useful for not being able to provide anything to the group.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

My rotation is pretty short and simple, and I do enjoy it, although there are times I feel like I want to do more than just spam Arcane/Cobra shot and use Kill Command, Focus Fire, and Bestial Wrath whenever they're up.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

Like a lot of hunters have been begging, make Hydras tamable! I would also love to see new pet bring something new to hunters, maybe a pet with a Dark Intent like ability? Another thing I wanna see is bring back 2-H agility swords and axes to hunters. I feel it's not right to allow Hunters to be able to use them yet there none beneficial for Hunters. Finally, make hunter guns drop in raid again! There's been too many crossbows and bows dropping, where's the gun love??

■What spells do you use the least?

I guess it would only be camo. I don't really use that often except for sneaking pass mobs.
    # What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    Both

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Heroics. My schedule doesn't really allow time for raiding.

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    BGs

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    Minimum range. In PVP it's almost impossible to survive someone getting too close once disengage is on cooldown, and even then, it's a stop-gap, not a solution. In PVE it can be an issue on boss encounters and in fights that are designed for everyone to need to "hug" the hit-box. People don't like bringing hunters to those fights because it makes the total DPS of the group suffer, and they're correct.

# What makes playing your class more fun?
    Never being alone is quite a bonus.

# What makes playing your class less fun?
    I hate to harp on it: Minimum range. It's really less of a challenge and more of what feels like a needless limitation.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    I like my MM rotation, as it's got some room for adjustment and situational changes.
    Still trying to settle on my BM rotation for PVP, but it feels a lot more "button mashy" which is I suppose fair considering the more unpredictable nature of PVP.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
    The dual pistol idea is a neat thought.
    I miss Eyes of the Beast.

# What spells do you use the least?
    Beast lore seems to not work on pets anymore, so I use it less.

Both, though currently focusing on PVP.

Raids.

BGs. Hunters generally do poorly in arenas, so I only run 2s for conquest points.

At the moment, the LOS requirement for anything concerning the pet, including Master's Call, Revive, and Kill Command.

Taking Arcane Shot off the Lock and Load procs. Now that Explosive Shot is available at level 10, there's no need to have arcane shot linked to LNL.

Also, would be nice if the hunter did not have a directional requirement for scatter shot.

Lowering the frequency of the cat's yawning by about 75%. It is by far one of the most annoying sounds in the game, and it occurs every 10 seconds.

Displaying a ranged weapon on the hunter's back.

Blizzard.

More range, more mobility, smarter pet AI for times I don't think manual control is warranted. I loved it when I was out at 46 yards where nothing could reach me, now that range has been 'normalized,' hunters are no longer as fun as they used to be in PVP.

Blizzard.

Less effective range, areas where hunters are cramped and ineffective (like the towers in Alterac Valley, any spiral staircases that play hell with the hunter's LOS). Being shoved into a single spec for both PVE and PVP. Live beta testing the pain that is known as 'assist stance.'

SV: lazy but fun.
    MM: too mechanical.
    BM: It would be fun, but Killing Streak is probably one of the worst-designed talents in the game. It procs for seven seconds, yet the cooldown on Kill Command is six, giving the hunter a single solitary second to use their Kill Command critical, which unlike the procs from SV and MM, is not free.

It's a long list, but here's what came off the top of my head.

Restore hunter maximum range to 45-46 yards while keeping the 5 yard minimum range.

Proper weapon scaling on Survival and Beast Mastery.

There is a long list of complaints about camouflage, but I would start with the duration: camo should either be a toggle or its duration should be longer than its cooldown. Would also appreciate if camo didn't break on dismissing/summoning pets and didn't break until shots like steady and aimed finish their cast time.

True stealth would also be nice.

Trap Launcher is clunky, should be a toggle that makes launched traps cost 10 focus.

Take Deadly Poison out of Snake Traps. Snakes also need more base life.

Add a component to Black Arrow that either prevents it from being dispelled or dissuades healers from doing the same. Lengthen the duration of Black Arrow to match its cooldown.

Disconnect the CDs on Black Arrow and fire traps. Disconnect the CDs on Ice and Freezing Trap. Incidentally, Explosive and Immolation traps now need a buffing.

Add a component to Serpent Sting when used by a Survival Hunter that makes it more difficult to dispel or dissuades healers from doing the same.

The return of Viper and Scorpid Sting, as well as their effects on Chimera Shot. In order to make Serpent Sting more useful, combine its effects with Widow Venom.

With the introduction of Aspect of the Fox, hunters are back to stance dancing. Aspect of the Fox is useful for two mutually-exclusive shots only, so just get rid of it. At level 81, a hunter can now use steady/cobra shot while moving under Aspect of the Hawk.

Cobra Shot triggers Improved Serpent Sting.

Master Call should not be spellstolen.

Lower the cooldown on Roar of Sacrifice to something like 60 seconds: 30 focus every 3 minutes is a joke.

Silence on hunters should not have any effect on their abilities.

Steady/Cobra Shots are immune to attack speed debuffs.

Freezing Trap glyph that either purges or suspends all DOTs on the target. Alternatively, redesign Freezing Trap so that it will not break until a certain amount of damage has been inflicted upon the target.

Widow Venom
    Immolation Trap
    Explosive Trap
    Tracking of anything but humanoids, beasts, hidden, and fish
    Feed Pet
    Aspect of the Wild
    Aspect of the Cheetah
    Aspect of the daze-your-entire-frickin'-raid
    Beast Lore
    Scare Beast (ineffective against ferals)
    Roar of Recovery
    Heart of the Phoenix
    Lick Your Wounds
    Intimidation
    Black Arrow
    • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    pve

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    raids

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    n/a but arena

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

- When I resurrect, it seems silly and annoying that my pet does not res
    - Minimum range requirement

• What makes playing your class more fun?
    - Fast-movement and acrobatic type things

• What makes playing your class less fun?
    - Being out of focus
    - reforging isn’t that fun when its not clear to me how exactly to maximize dps (ie haste vs crit???)

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    I like the mm rotation. I dislike having to aimed shot for the first 10 percent of the fight however. Im not really sure when the boss hits that mark and when im doing it I feel like ‘ok I have to do this but I don’t really want to’ and am relieved when I can go back to my regular rotation.Sometimes im out of focus and im like ??? i need 3 more focus for chimera shot?

• What’s on your wish list for your class?
    -the ability to disengage outside of combat (mages, warriors and goblins can all do their variation on this move while out of combat)
    - range requirement. you know you will eventually :D might as well be now.
    -more moves like aspect of the fox or disengage i love to jump and fly and move fastttttt
    -making trap launcher more intuitive and more macro-friendly
    -maybe another kind of trap in line with the snake trap or change one of the 2 fire traps as they seem kind of similar
    - i dont understand and/or use masters call
    - a self-heal

• What spells do you use the least?
    Aspect of the Wild ftw
    PvE
    Heroics, and Raids
    Tol barad
    More different types of Pets to be tameable. (I know there are alot out there already, but new types every expantion or patch is cool)
    You dont have to stand still to auto shot, I really love this change, makes kiting so much easier.
    Nothing atm, I'm very happy with Hunters at the momment.
    I play Marksmenship, and Beast Master, and I like both rotations.
    Tameable pets that serve as mounts = D
    Mongoose strike or whatever its called lol, I never melee except to Wing Clip.
    PVE mostly, with a bit of PVP

Heroics, raids, old content, questing

usually reg BGs

I did like the change to focus. Made our class a bit more unique.

unique class. Only class that uses a ranged weapon as their main. Being able to use your pet to soak damage by tanking while soloing.

Range requirements. some fight strategies require to group up on the boss or under him. We have to stay a bit further back, where it's a little riskier. This also poses problems against melee in PvP: You can stun em, freeze em, put em to sleep, but it just seems they have more ways to shrink the distance between you and them than u do to increase it.
    Another major issue I have relates to the hunter challenges in 4.2: getting your tame sniped from under you after u got Beth'tilac down to necessary HP by yourself is extremely frustrating. Would it be possible to make taming possible only if u first tagged the creature?

I'm a surv hunter, and I like it. My one issue is, since for the most part Explosive Shot is our focus dump (with a bit on Black Arrow once off CD), what will happen when we increase in gear levels? As cast time for Cobra Shot decreases and we gain more focus per second, what do we do to dump threat when ES and and BA are on CD. I've been using Arcane Shot, but currently it's not even worth it, better off casting another Cobra Shot and not worrying about excess focus, which I feel sort of defeats the purpose of the switch to focus in the first place.
    Ways I thought could solve this would be either place a talent that reduces CD of ES based on haste (boosting haste's usefulness for surv wouldn't hurt), similar to the ret pally talent. You could also make a talent or something that makes arcane more powerful than Cobra, or add another focus dump for arcane (which I don't recommend, hunters have too many buttons as it is)

I would like to see more beat types being tamable (hydras, diemetradons and the like), perhaps slimming down the grocery list of hunter spells and abilities, and making our CC a bit easier to use: having to hit a button, pick a trap, align it, and wait for travel time kinda makes it terrible unless the target isn't moving (which doesn't happen often in PVP)

Raptor Strike, totally useless
    Snake Trap, while the slow is mildly useful, we have wing clip and Concussive Shot, which are easier to use in the first place.
    Widow Venom, too trivial in pvp and completely useless in PVE, save for certain key encounters, which are rare.
    Master's Call, I think it's supposed to be a CC break? Because it never seems to do that. Either my pet is too far away, or it won't work because we're both stunned.
    Immolation Trap, not only is the damage trivial even in Survival spec, but it's linked in cooldown to Black Arrow, which does much more single target dps.
    pve

heroics, random 10-man pugs, soloing

-

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    not being able to shoot in point-blank range

having a pet by my side all the time, using a bow for the primary source of dps

having a retarded pet, not being able to shoot in melee range

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    between all 3 specs:
    marksmanship feels too clunky with the long aimed shot cast time and high focus cost of both aimed and chimera shot
    survival is nice and smooth (also my main spec)
    beast mastery has too few buttons and requires your little derpderp (kitty :3) to be in position at all times for maximum dps

~more cast time shots, but not 3 seconds long
    ~more types of kitties
    ~some kind of seed of corruption functioning shot would be nice (an example would be like explosive shot actually exploding after it's duration wears off, causing aoe damage to nearby enemies)
    ~an entangling roots shot, would work like a spider's ranged web attack

beast lore
    raptor strike, wing clip
    immolation trap
    aspect of the wild

PVP primarily, formerly both.

Formerly 10 man raiding, haven't this xpac.

Arenas and non rated bgs.

As previously mentioned, durability seems odd.

The control that I can have in a match or bg by using a variety of abilities at different times and not being required to stick to a specific action sequence.

Lack of support damage abilities when being trained by multiple melee in arenas.

Rotations are fine, at least it isn't just one button spam.

I wish they would make some type of variety in playstyle with different gun/bow types. Examples:

Shotguns: Eliminates minimum distance requirement, greater damage at close range - less damage at +25 yard range.
    Rifles: Greater damage at +25 yard range, distance requirement increased (10 yd?)
    Crossbows: Highest power, increases cooldown on damage abilities by 1 second.
    Bows: Slightly weaker power, reduces cooldown on damage abilities by 1 second.

**I took no time in putting these together, just random suggestions**

Distracting shot
    Beast Mastery

What type of content do you focus on? PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroics

If PvP, what type of PvP? BG's

The minimum range really screws us sometimes, especially if you're in a position that you can't backup far enough to shoot.

I love the pets, I love having some of the variety in pet choices, I would like more though.

The micro management of Focus... when I'm not hitting Kill Command I'm usually hitting Cobra shot. Or arcane shot... that's about it.

I'd say its in a good place other than spending all that time using a charged up shot over and over again.

More pets! I want to tame some hydras, stags, mana wyrms, pterrordax's, diemetrodons, arcane wyrms, Marshwalkers, DRAGONS!!!!! etc. Bigger stable space, and more exotic pet buffs (not debuffs).

Aspect of the pack, cheetah
    Aspect fo the Wild
    Eagle Eye (though it did come in handy to find the rare pets in the molten front)
    Raptor Strike
    Beast Lore
    Immolation Trap
    What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] --Both.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] --Any and all PVE.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] --I've done a bit of arena since the switch to Focus, not quite up to 1500 before I quit due to hunter disadvantages. Mostly BG's though.

--Better pet AI would be great; making sure both myself AND my pet aren't in a ZG Blood Drinker's whirlwind is annoying.

--I've seen improvements to pets following when jumping off ledges, could still use work in some areas (lava caverns in Molten Front come to mind; if I jump onto a solitary rock to attack something, pet can get stuck there until I'm out of combat sometimes).

--Biggest issue is pet control bar disappearing lately and pet appearing with less than max health for upwards of 10 seconds. Eventually the health will fix itself but that means I can't swoop in right away, misdirect the pet, and attack a target w/out that target 1-shotting my pet. Having pet out while land mounted helps somewhat but doesn't completely alleviate the problem. For the pet bar, I have to dismiss pet entirely to make the bar reappear.

--Not having to be right up on the target like melee. Having a pet, feign death, and excellent aoe as survival. Being able to lock down multiple targets with CC.

--Minimum range kills my fun the moment it rears its head (Occu'thar in BH, if I have to do crystal duty on Baleroc, etc.). I understand hunters would be OP in PVP w/out a minimum range, but it's time to do away with it for PVE. Look at Jin'do in ZG, there's no minimum range on him and the hunter has to stack in the bubble with everyone else. Why shouldn't I be able to shoot that close on Occu'thar, or Baleroc, or any other non-player character?

--Hunter's disadvantages in arena. All someone has to do is pillarhump; not only does this prevent them from taking damage from the hunter, it seriously hampers the hunter's ability to regen their Focus. If I can't shoot the enemy, I can't get Focus from Cobra/Steady, and passive regen is far too slow to rely on in arena. Only BM gets a +Focus on-use ability, but again that's not something I'd rely on.

--Not having self-healing (good and reliable at that) like virtually every other class. Paladin/druid/shaman/priest all always have access to their heals, regardless of their spec; yes a druid or priest might have to drop form, but they still have the choice. DK can spam Deathstrike. Rogue can hit Recuperate. I'll admit I'm fuzzy on Warrior's self-healing, but I know for Hunter if I want any healing period, I have to spec Marks or BM; Survival has zero self-healing. Marks gets Chimera, BM gets Spirit Beasts.

--Rotation is fine; I like to stay occupied during a fight. If I want tedious repetition, I'll hop on my arcane mage.

--Hunter (and for that matter rogue/mage/warlock) dps brought back up solidly to the top where it should be. Bring the player not the class is great and all, but it doesn't negate the argument that hybrids shouldn't be as powerful as pures. If they are, what's the point of the pures? "Because I enjoy the class" isn't good enough for me.

And when I'm talking about top dps, I mean in regards to bosses; aoe trash is irrelevant imo since bosses are the ones who drop the good loot.

--Distracting shot. Useless in PVP, and I can't remember the last time I needed it to peel a mob off a healer to save them. It's a direct taunt to the hunter; if we're not going to be given an actual tanking spec, then we don't really need this ability.
    --Widow Venom, by far. I'm sure healers just lol at it in PVP.
    What type of content do you focus on? PVE
    If PvE, what type of PvE? Raids and heroics
    What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. As most people have said, lack of a self heal, Camo being next to useless, and snake trap being weak, as well as the minimum range. Also, BM could use a bit of a change up. Indimidate never gets used once you finish leveling, so make Beast Master the spec bonus and give us a new final talent.
    Having a pet. This warlock is currently my main, but one thing I rather like about my hunter over her is that even when I'm not hitting buttons, I'm still auto shooting
    Minimum range, lack of a self heal, BM not being optimal
    How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) MM's rotation feels clunky and wierd, I much prefer Surv and BM's, but of course those aren't optimal for raiding.
    Remove the minimum range, some kind of self heal, Improval of the BM tree, More different types of pets (Hydra, for example), combining of the weapon slot and ranged slot,.
    Beast Lore, widow's venom, immolation trap, and scilencing shot.
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    Both

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Soloing old content, heroics, hunting rares, achievements

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    BGs, achievements

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    1) If I were to fire a shotgun at a target point blank, my accuracy and damage would be tremendous. Both of those factors go down as the range from target increases. Why in the world am I unable to fire at a target right in front of me? Any class gains a permanent 'Silencing Aura' as long as they are next to me which is not hard to do and effectively makes my dps zero. You guys have been so good over the years at ironing out bad mechanics, and this one really should be on the chopping block now.
    2) Not having an aggressive pet stance anymore is annoying and the introduction of the new pet stances that apparently also made my pets braindead.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
    The capability to solo so much content is great.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
    1) Being unable to fire my weapons in melee range and then having pathetic melee abilities.
    2) If a quest reward or NPC vendor offers ranged slot items, there will be relics, wands, shields, thrown, but never guns/bows/xbows and there will never be a 2hander which is our off-slot. I'm always feeling left out.
    3) Polearms, Polearms, Polearms. We used to use 2H axes, 2H swords, staves, fist weapons, daggers, 1h axes, 1h swords and now nothing but Polearms. I'm greatly saddened by this as I have 6 years of collected weapons that were all used at one time or another on hunters that are unable to be transmogrified according to the current rules/parameters :(
    4) Please let me turn off gun sounds.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    We don't have a rotation like some melee classes do that have the resources to hit some ability on every GCD, we have a mandatory filler (Steady/Cobra). I don't know of any class that has a mandatory filler like we do and it makes us unique which is good. However, it also feels really mundane and while the rotation is not broken or bad, it can be incredibly unreasonable to expect us to maintain it in skilled PvP situations. An optional focus filler would be great. Or perhaps every time we take melee damage in melee range we get focus like a warrior does rage.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
    1) Being able to use all those incredible axes, swords, staves, daggers, and fist weapons for transmogrification that we have saved for years hoping something like this would come along. We are forced to use Polearms only now. It would honor the artists that spent hours and days of their lives designing such beautiful weaponry to display them again. This is me saying I WANT to display cool Blizzard art, please let me do it, we both win. Or just let me transmog a polearm into my Arcanite Ripper, Ashkandi, etc. please :)
    2) The ability to tame an existing beast model for a mount that was mentioned at blizzcon a few years back. Just one is all I need, not a stable of mounts. You would go actively 'hunt' for a new one if you wanted to change it.
    3) Beast Mastery 31pt talent being useful, as well as the class getting a diffferent unique spell. You will use Explosive shot and Aimed shot countless times in a boss fight, you will NEVER use Intimidation in a raid for the most part. It doesn't feel very 'core.'

■What spells do you use the least?
    Beast Lore, Feed Pet, Raptor Strike, Widow Venom
    PvE exclusively

Heroics and dailies.

Hard to name one on end game. I have more fun with my hunter than any other class. As for leveling, though, the survival tree is a bit of a mess. At many points, young survival hunters are forced to choose among talents that affect abilities they don't even have yet.

Pets! I'm mad for the pets! Pets are why Hunter is the number one most casual friendly class in the game.

Talent tree restrictions. Hunters (or at least BM hunters) should be able to retrain pets into the talent tree of their choosing.

BM is in a pretty good place I think. I can't speak for how we do on charts because I don't follow that sort of thing. However, I can say I don't feel hindered by the mechanics at all.

Hydras and certain Elementals (gyreworms and charhounds) need to be tameable. Come on, if smoldering fiery spiders are beast enough for taming then giant stone worms and flaming dogs have to be fair game!

Master's Call
    Aspect of the Fox
    Widow Venom
    Raptor Strike
    Immolation Trap
    Feed Pet (Let pets gain food buffs!)