Class Feedback – Hunter

Hunter
Prev 1 71 72 73 76 Next
Altaholic PoV =D

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] Casual bgs, arenas

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Pet AI, traps, and the new aspects. I dont see the logic in changing the stances when the old one were more versatile and useful. Hunters already have the most buttons to press if you want to be the most effective. MD, traps, aspects, and all our shots makes a prepared hunter a thing to behold, but at the same time, the average person cant reach that level.

Most people choose the hunter class either because they love pets or it's the closest thing to an archer class there is. The pet AI kills both. The pet takes far too long for start attacking to make any difference while leveling since most hunters (avg) will not know to macro /petattack, at best, binding a key to pet attack. BM levels way too slow for the revamped experience since they dont get any pet speed increase buffs for a while With the changes to threat, pets are useless for MM and SV leveling as well since the pet cant get aggro fast enough.

Kill command as BM "main" move feels second class since other specs get it and do use it on occasion.

Trap launcher is a good idea, sucks in execution, 2 gcds for some utility or aoe? steep price to pay dps-wise.

Asepct dancing sucks and is done with a macro, does not add depth, all it did was have me play with the sound effects off.

What makes playing your class more fun?

Attacking on the move, finding new pets to tame, pets, pro trapping, massive amounts of utility. Being rewarded for good play (not so much now, feels more like punishment for not having enough macros or research online)

What makes playing your class less fun?

So many macros, not having the "downtime" as we are usually moving during steady/cobra. Having to micromanage a slow/stupid dot that is inconsistent.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I'm ok with it, but the first and second tier talents tend toward confusion due to the nature of their placement.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

Smart pet UI, separate buttons for launching our traps since most hunters i know macro em together anyways, but still have to have the original keybound for speed/close range traps.

A bow without a face.

I would love for the old MM style to make a comeback, The various stings made pvp fun without being OP and was true utility. Since "magic" is SV's flavor, you can go old school rpg and have MM aim at body parts for diff effects.

SV should have their serpent spread replaced by pro trap launcher and marks a spot on the ground that the next 3 traps you shoot will land with0.5gcd in between traps. New mastery to increase trap damage and a ability on ~1min CD to bring any trap off CD.

Serpent spread should be given to BM with a new flavor for the talent "you befriend the snakes in your snake trap and ...etc, but you lose the ability to use snake trap"

Which is a great idea for MM aoe, "Your bowarm is massive, you can now shoot immolation traps with your multishot and chimera shot, but your massive bicepts cant properly place a puny trap on the group any longer"

A real dps cooldown for BM hunters, I'm thinking an ability to attack with all your current pets a la Arcade fighting games "assist". That can be rolled in to a baseline ability that let pets attack flying mobs or at least a talent for pets to make up for lost time on target: "when your pet is out of range, it simmers with impotent rage and increasing the power of its next attack by XX"

What spells do you use the least?
Aspect of the Pack, utter crap for utility due to the daze, I get it for cheetah, we should be pro kiters, but why even have it if it can daze the party? currently only used for slightly faster wipe recovery.
Aspect of the Wild: redundant in most cases and not an option for most as the dps loss is too signifcant for the amount of resist.
After all these years, I was hoping that you guys would get rid of "The Dead Zone"
for us, I mean come on who says u cant fire a bullet to something thats right
in front of you?

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroics and Raids, Some old content, doing fun things for achieves, e.g. the guild run last night for the Whale Shark.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

1. Pet health when dismounting. This is the number one QoL problem I experience.
2. Pet bar disappearing when zoning.
3. New pet stances. I dislike the loss of aggressive mode. While it's mostly useless, there are a few PvE encounters where it is extremely useful, and from what I've read it has some place in PvP. I would also like a way to get the old defensive mode, which would be a combination of the current defensive and assist modes.

I like the versatility of the Hunter, we can pull our weight in a raid, and yet we are also one of the best soloing classes.

I understand the "Bring the player, not the class" philosophy, but this has lead to the situation where a lot of the "utility" that hunters have, especially survival (my main spec), is no longer used.

Oh yeah, one other "situational gripe." The "minimum range override" has been applied to quite a few mobs where it makes a great deal of sense, e.g. Erudax during shadow gale. Please, please please, pretty please with sugar and a cherry on top, apply it to Magmaw. Please. The lack of that override makes this encounter less fun for me as a hunter due to the strategy that we use.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

The one minor gripe I have, and no idea how to fix it ,is a sense that there are "Haste sweet spots". Getting cobra's cast time to 1.66 (repeating, of course) means you get exactly three cobras between each explosive. The next "sweet spot" here is 1.25 cast, which would fit in four. I'm not sure it's possible to get that much haste, but without it, there's a sense of dead time waiting for explosive. "Do I put in another cobra, and delay explosive, or do I just sit and twiddle my thumbs waiting for it to come off CD?"

Fixing QoL issue #1. Period.

Counterattack, Raptor strike, Mongoose bite TBH, I'm not sure how many of those are even still available to me after the Cata changes. Granted, that's from a PvE perspective, I suspect that a PvP player might disagree with me, and I can respect that.

• Both

• All

• All - even War Games.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

Minimum Range:

• PVE - Almost ignored on Raids as of late, changing the Hit Box Mechanics of bosses to allow hunters to use Steady and Cobra Shot whilst within the natural character model is a welcomed change. Exception - Baleroc. This fight has caused me to die or take too many stacks of the Shard debuff due to hunters' inability to damage Baleroc IF the shard spawns close to his Hit Box (as it has a tendency to do). The result is that I was simply removed from the shard rotation for my raid team for the sake of convenience and smoothness. This removal I feel is a consequence of an oversight on Blizzard's part for the mechanics of the fight, especially for 10-man Raiding teams where DPS selection is more limited.

• PVP - Minimum range, even with movement and defensive abilities such as Disengage, Deterrence, and the effect of the Glyph of Raptor Strike, this limiting factor seems more like an exploit on part of enemies (ESPECIALLY in Arena) then a legitimate class mechanic that should exist.

Focus Regeneration:

• PVE - Golden here. Rotation has it covered.

• PVP - Defense against ranged and melee? Hiding behind a pole. Defense from a Hunter? Let them hide behind a pole. With almost no focus regeneration beyond using Steady or Cobra Shot, even with BM's Fervor, Hunters are crippled by pole humping or LoSing

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• The pet system is unique to Hunters in that unlike with Mages and Warlocks, where their pets seem like personality-less, slaves, Hunter Pets have a person and loving relationship with their masters. Being able to add custom names to our pets add that little level of personal touch that I understand many WoW players are calling for, and Blizzard seems to be responding in greatly positive way (i.e. Transmogrification). This is a great uniqueness to the class.

• If you want ranged, you have a wealth of choices! Magic users and Hunters. As the only non-magic (mostly) ranged class, and the closest thing to the archer archetype, Hunters are the only choice for a class of players whose preferences exist in all Fantasy MMOs.

• Unlike other classes that can solo a lot of content in the game, Hunters are all inherently DPS, Tanking, and Healing classes! Switching to Beast Mastery whilst wearing Hunter Tier 5 (2 set bonus) allows for soloing of even Wrath of the Lich King Raid content! These are feats only available to Death Knights for the most part. Pure awesomeness.

• Consistent bugs that persist between patches (and expansions), that provide minor inconveniences for very specific instances and circumstances in the game. Example: Pet health deficit when summoning or reviving (initially).

• Removal of Eyes of the Beast.

• Talent Tree builds are very much simplified with little to no wiggle room within the range of both maximizing pure DPS builds (BM, MM, SV) or even PVP utility/DPS (BM, MM, SV -we all know SV is terrible for PVP)

• I find absolutely nothing wrong with Hunter rotations, using varied haste ratings and specializations, and builds.

• Bug fixes.

• Dual wielding single handed ranged weapons for either MM or SV specs as an end Talent Tree option (much like how Single Minded Fury works for Warriors).

• "Stampede" ability for BM, which would call pets to the hunter (or the current available 5) which would either just do damage, or apply use of all of their abilities, utilizing dormant mechanics not currently being used.

• Revival of the Talent Tree for SV. In particular the removal of Counterattack with something either useful or something fun, at least something that would actually be based off of a stat that Hunters use.

• Counterattack

• Beast Lore - Not asking to remove it.

• Immolation Trap

-------------------------------------------------

I've been playing since The Burning Crusade. Blizzard is doing/has done a great job balancing and listening to Player feedback. Keep up the good work.

Both

Heroics

BGs

Ranged weapons seem to break too often. Maybe they need better durability?

Instant-cast abilities, having a pet

Blizzard ignoring game mechanical issues. Having to depend on casted abilities to regen focus, pet not following me off ledges, get rid of minimum range restrictions or give the hunter much better melee ability. Give back pet aggressive stance. Removal of Eyes of the Beast

It's ok, sometimes I wonder if it would be more fun to regen focus like rogues and druids do energy, and not have to depend on an ability to regenerate it. Also, having only 100 focus when big shots cost 40-50 makes the rotation really 'tight'. Other classes get a focus/energy boost to 120-130

Make trap launcher off the GCD and macroable with the traps for a one-button-press trap launch
    I preferred Mana because I would continue on shooting or doing something even if I ran low on mana. I'd viper and be able to do something.

Widow's Venom,Immolation Trap
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PVE
    ■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Solo questing

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Day to day quality of life is pretty good for hunters these days. Would love it if my pet’s heath was correct on summoning it, as that causes the pets to get one-shot now and again, which is a pain. Also the functionality of trap launcher makes it a pain in the butt to use.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

Being able to solo stuff that other classes can't. Variety of Pets.

■What makes playing your class less fun?

Loss of Volley for AOE / minimum range encounters. Length of time it takes to use trap launcher and for the traps to set. Aiming traps at the ground hoping the target sets it off if it got there in time.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Since I PVE mostly BM, the CD on BW gets frustrating.. Same with Fervor.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

Stampede for BM. To be able to call out 5 pets for a single battle, even if it had a 5 minute CD, would be awesomesauce.

Bring back Eye of the Beast

Get rid of minimum range or give us back a shot like Volley that we could use in an inyerface situation. Fix traplauncher so that it doesn't take forever to use.

■What spells do you use the least?

Unlike others, I use all the traps... I don't use Aspect of the Pack, Cower, Eagle Eye, Beast Lore, Aspect of the Wild, Widow Venom.

# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    PvE

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Heroics and Raids

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    Let me use disengage outside of combat.

# What makes playing your class more fun?

Only need 8% hit rating and zero expertise.
    Misdirecting mobs to non tanks classes.
    That's really all I can think of.

# What makes playing your class less fun?

Inconsistency in melee range on raid bosses, some you can shoot in melee range, some you can't. I can find no reasoning behind the choices made.
    Too many abilities.
    The fact that I have to press multiple buttons and spend multiples GCDs to do the same thing one class does in one spell.
    My only damage reduction cooldown is a glyph that requires me to melee attack an enemy.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Survival and BM rotations are great.
    I hate the Marks rotation. Imp Steady Shot doesn't last long enough imo and partly thanks to the 4T12 bonus I find myself having to cast steady shot when I still have plenty of focus left just to keep the stupid buff up.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

Fewer Spells and abilities
    Get rid of the horrible outdated abilities, Counterattack, Aspect of the Wild, Raptor Strike, Widow Venom, Wing Clip.
    Get rid of trap launcher and all traps and just make them all spells that use a targeting circle.
    Buff Survival and BM damage. Didn't y'all buff Ferals not long ago by nerfing all the base damage of their abilities and buffing the AP scaling? Why can't we have that too?
    Weapon enchants that affect hunters. 2 expansions with agility to weapon is not that fun.
    Remove all hunter melee abilities and just let us shoot in melee range. At the very least let us shoot all dungeon and raid bosses in melee range.
    Get all the stupid Beast Mastery talents out of the Marksmanship tree.
    Give Beast Mastery a proper attack for speccing BM, even if you just make Kill Command BM only and take it away from Marks and Surv, which they probably won't even mind.
    Give us a proper heal or a dot cleanser.
    Buff hunter dps cooldowns. Rapid Fire, too short of a duration, too long of a cooldown. Roar of Recovery, 30 focus over 9 seconds every 3 minutes(seriously?) Call of the Wild, 2000 AP(for me) for 20 seconds every 5 min is pathetic, a 346 blue trinket is way better than that.
    Fix our subpar major glyphs. 1 sec off Chimera Shot isn't great when 60% of our rotation is spamming a 1.5 second spell. Kill Command glyph is just sad.
    Remove the daze from Cheetah and Pack.
    Stop raid trash from applying dots to pets. 90% aoe reduction doesn't help when the mob just puts a 30k damage dot on the pet.
    Lower cast time of Revive Pet.
    More stable slots, I don't even collect alot of pets and I have almost filled up all my slots.
    Fix Kill Command so if the target shifts 1 yard to the left it doesn't give you an out of range message and waste time.
    Remove the dot from Wyvern Sting.
    Give Beast Mastery some talent or ability that lets them Aoe properly without having to rely on a pet.

# What spells do you use the least?
    Aspect of the Wild, Feed Pet, Immolation Trap, Snake Trap, Widow Venom.
    Everything else I don't use has legitimate uses in PvP so I suppose I shouldn't list them.

I'm sure there is more stuff I want to say, I just can't think of it at the moment.

Both

Raids, heroics have gotten old

BGs and Arenas, mainly 2v2s

Bow breaking in raids often. Need a decent heal, either one for out of combat or increase Chimera Shot. Minimum range... I'm pretty sure I could shoot something point blank, especially Baleroc, he's a giant ffs. Getting dazed using AoC, except for wiping raids using AoP, that's fun.

Shooting stuff is always fun. Doing top DPS. Dragon bosses that ignore minimum range. I like focus, but loved mana.

Minimum Range. BM last talent could be improved imo

I normally stick with survival, and my rotation is super smooth, the focus cost of abilities is perfect for it. MM is a little bit rougher to maintain focus with the rotations I have used. The couple times I have used BM, I have struggled with it, but if I spent more time using it, it would be the best rotation and best dps.

Dual wielding pistols, it would look cool, damage would be kept same as bows or guns not separated between the pistols though.

Widow's Venom, Immolation Trap, and Raptor Strike
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroics/ Raids

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

n/a

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Minimum range on certain boss fights where trying to avoid having a mob to close to you is near impossible

■What makes playing your class more fun?

Having a pet, very nice use of CDs

■What makes playing your class less fun?

Aimed shot no longer being an instant Cast, along with Volley being removed from the game :(

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Its OK, as I stated before I would like having Aimed shot instant cast back, other than that I think its pretty solid

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

I'd really like some of the pets to have their old abilitys back such as, bears with Swipe that made questing/lving/Soloing so much easier on us we didnt have to constantly Misdirect,quite a few others I would like to mention but I'd start rambling at that point, other than that Original Aimed shot and Volley Back NAO!!!

■What spells do you use the least?
    Widows venom and snake trap...they are both pretty useless

I do pve
    raids/heroics/soloing
    N/A
    i'm happy
    taming rare pets, I think that is my current joy in this class, I just really love it when my track beast shows me somone like dethtilac. Also those challenge tames were exellent.
    I really hate the stable sizes, I've had to abandon a few of my cool pets becuase i like to keep a clean stable (ghostcralwer/kirix/etc.)
    MAKE HYDRAS TAMABLE ever since i beagn playing in tbc on another hunter I've wanted them!!! Perhaps a class mount that defines the absolute wildness of hunters (something like the paladin mount were it scales with races)
    Eyes of the Beast, please bring it back, I really hate eagle eye and it gives pet collectors such as me something to do with our coolio pets.
    Feed pet=useless
    Aspect of the wild= only time i've every used it was on kirix
    distracting shot= i use my pet to tank
    widow venom= just found out of it's existance

Apologies for posting this from my mage, can't seem to get this to switch to my hunter...

Both, 80% PVE, 20% PVP

Quests 95%/Heroics 4%/Raids 1%.

BGs

Focus. I preferred Mana because I would continue on shooting or doing something even if I ran low on mana. I'd viper and be able to do something. I preferred cooldown management to focus management. It seemed more fun to me. Some of the simplifications, removing armor pen, and simplifying the spec trees, took much of the fun away from gearing and playing. WoW is a RPG, not a bloody esport. There are also several bugs/issues such as when the pet is summoned it doesn't have full health and can get one shot.

Well, at this moment not a whole lot really. My hunter is my main only because he was my first character. I do like soloing old content and find it fun to a degree. I only play my hunter because I'm a completionist and until I'm done with the story quests I'm not done. I liked the molten front and its dailies as content, but the problem is that any content gets old, and we're way past that point.

Some of the quality of life issues above make the hunter less fun. The biggest problem I have is in order to do much of the "end game" content, I have to do much out of game like read strats and watch videos. I'm paying for and playing WoW to have fun. The previous is not fun, so I don't do it. So to me the biggest problem I have with the hunter is I don't have content to hit.

In general, I think its fine. I don't like the focus, and specifically what I don't like about it is the fact that I suddenly stop doing stuff, other than SS/CS which is slow and not very fun IMO. Back with mana, I could still do stuff while in viper, albeit at half damage, but I could do something.

1) Pets, more pets and did I say more pets. However, either make the pet rare or give it a taming challenge, not both.
    2) More content that I can do. Stuff that doesn't require me to spend a ton of time out of game and gives me a good amount of fun. The molten front dailies were fun, the TB dailies were not.
    3) Did I say more pets?

Master's call, feed pet, scare beast, Aspect of the Wild, Flare, Immolation Trap, Raptor Srike, Wing clip, and Wyvern Sting.
    PVE/PvP

Raids
    BGs

I have no real issues with my hunter (evilbudditch) not the toon u see to left, except for the global cd on trap launcher that shares itself with my traps. OH and my pets action bar needs to be changed and i really would like it if my pet would not put itself on passive in the middle of a fight. thanks blizz

I love having to pull majordomo for my raids so that everyone can stay stacked up and i can disengage quickly back to my raid. Umm pretty much everything about playing my class is fun.
    trap launcher (wait a sec) trap :(

My rotation is really fun i love it! Its really challenging because if you mess it up you can lose a lot of dps but its also forgiving your dps is not lost because u didnt get the right rotation. You can just start over!!
    DUEL PISTOLS i havnt actually read about that yet but i see ppl mentioning it so someones putting the buzz out there about it and i want them BAD!! LoL please and thank you

What spells do you use the least?[/quote]
    well you already know its wyvern sting or snake trap i dont mind though i love my hunter.

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] Arena, Rated BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. Minimum range.

What makes playing your class more fun? Pets and focus

minimum range removed.
    a heal for every spec on par with other pure dps class healing abilitys.
    deterrence also removes all dots.
    a talent to spec into for AoE for BM
    black arrow damage buff
    kill command buff for BM. its a little weak in pve and not worth useing over arcane shot in pvp

lick your wounds
    heart of the phoenix
    widow venom
    wing clip
    raptor strike
    immolation trap
    -What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    PvE only.

Right now due to my work schedule, sadly only heroics. But I absolutely adore raiding; I've done it extensively and at mid-to-upper levels in the past, and I'm looking to get back into it when I can.

No more ammo was nice. My biggest issues are our dead zone and pet death. While it's true we don't have much of a "dead zone" where someone or something can stand and we can neither melee nor ranged attack it (it's there but it's about a millimeter wide)--we can do so little in melee that it is functionally dead for us. Some bosses are adjusted to compensate for this, so we can stack when we need to stack, and that's fantastic! Others are decidedly not. For example, Daakara in ZA--when he goes into bear form and charges me, others often aren't standing far enough out, so it's a choice between getting charged with the Surge debuff already on me because my other groupmates just aren't thinking about my deadzone or swinging at him with my staff because his hitbox is way more massive than it has any right to be.

As for pet deaths, they're more of an issue in heroics trash than on raids. Even when I assist the tank religiously, and even when I have /petattack macroed into my shots with my pet on passive so I know it's only ever attacking the tank's target, I'll still look up and find my pet at a sliver of health if not dead. And when my pet dies, I have to make that decision--do I stop dps for 10 seconds, which is an eternity in this game, or do I continue with gimped dps and no pet buff?

Another minor issue is the fact that pets spawn with a tiny health pool while its proper health level is calculated--a poorly-timed strike can easily one-shot a freshly called pet.

A final minor issue is the fact that hunters slip through the cracks on boss strategies every now and then. For example, Ozruk gives you two ways to avoid the um... the freezy petrification debuff, it's been a while since I ran Stonecore. You can either melee him or get a dot reflected at you. I can't melee without doing a silly dance, and I can't get Serpent Sting reflected, so that sucks. It's rare! But it happens.

I've always loved ranged classes. I'll be happy as long as I am one.

Range-dancing as discussed in quality of life issues. "Oh, it's on me... feign. Oh, it's on me again... um... strafe in circles, annoy the melee... deterrence and stand there doing nothing... herp derp"

I absolutely love the Surv rotation of watching for LnL procs for ultra-dps, although it's REALLY annoying accidentally burning a charge with an Arcane Shot I was queuing up before the proc. I'm not a fan of MM's micromanagement of Improved Steady Shot, and BM's constant need to "err, did that KC go off or not?" irks the snot out of me.

I mean, we're hunters. We're ranged. You can't just make it so LOL OK YOU CAN BE IN MELEE ALL THE TIME NOW. But your continued attention to bosses that require stacking would be fantastic, as would a way to burn a short "Point Blank" cooldown (10sec every 2min or so) that would allow us to fire in melee range. I get that this has PvP considerations, but you're smart, you can make it work. Please. D:

Beast Lore, Master's Call, Flare, Immolation Trap, Raptor Strike, and Scare Beast.
    -What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    PvE only.

-If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Right now due to my work schedule, sadly only heroics. But I absolutely adore raiding; I've done it extensively and at mid-to-upper levels in the past, and I'm looking to get back into it when I can.

-What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    No more ammo was nice. My biggest issues are our dead zone and pet death. While it's true we don't have much of a "dead zone" where someone or something can stand and we can neither melee nor ranged attack it (it's there but it's about a millimeter wide)--we can do so little in melee that it is functionally dead for us. Some bosses are adjusted to compensate for this, so we can stack when we need to stack, and that's fantastic! Others are decidedly not. For example, Daakara in ZA--when he goes into bear form and charges me, others often aren't standing far enough out, so it's a choice between getting charged with the Surge debuff already on me because my other groupmates just aren't thinking about my deadzone or swinging at him with my staff because his hitbox is way more massive than it has any right to be.

As for pet deaths, they're more of an issue in heroics trash than on raids. Even when I assist the tank religiously, and even when I have /petattack macroed into my shots with my pet on passive so I know it's only ever attacking the tank's target, I'll still look up and find my pet at a sliver of health if not dead. And when my pet dies, I have to make that decision--do I stop dps for 10 seconds, which is an eternity in this game, or do I continue with gimped dps and no pet buff?

Another minor issue is the fact that pets spawn with a tiny health pool while its proper health level is calculated--a poorly-timed strike can easily one-shot a freshly called pet.

A final minor issue is the fact that hunters slip through the cracks on boss strategies every now and then. For example, Ozruk gives you two ways to avoid the um... the freezy petrification debuff, it's been a while since I ran Stonecore. You can either melee him or get a dot reflected at you. I can't melee without doing a silly dance, and I can't get Serpent Sting reflected, so that sucks. It's rare! But it happens.

-What makes playing your class more fun?
    I've always loved ranged classes. I'll be happy as long as I am one.

-What makes playing your class less fun?
    Range-dancing as discussed in quality of life issues. "Oh, it's on me... feign. Oh, it's on me again... um... strafe in circles, annoy the melee... deterrence and stand there doing nothing... herp derp"

-How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    I absolutely love the Surv rotation of watching for LnL procs for ultra-dps, although it's REALLY annoying accidentally burning a charge with an Arcane Shot I was queuing up before the proc. I'm not a fan of MM's micromanagement of Improved Steady Shot, and BM's constant need to "err, did that KC go off or not?" irks the snot out of me.

-What’s on your wish list for your class?
    I mean, we're hunters. We're ranged. You can't just make it so LOL OK YOU CAN BE IN MELEE ALL THE TIME NOW. But your continued attention to bosses that require stacking would be fantastic, as would a way to burn a short "Point Blank" cooldown (10sec every 2min or so) that would allow us to fire in melee range. I get that this has PvP considerations, but you're smart, you can make it work. Please. D:

-What spells do you use the least?
    Beast Lore, Master's Call, Flare, Immolation Trap, Raptor Strike, and Scare Beast.
    Hey i was thinking about this for a while and i thought it would be cool if a hunter had a Ressurection... Like the hunter sacrifices his pet to bring a party member back from the dead....
    It could be in the BM tree and have a cooldown so you cant frequently sacrifice your pet. (Bestial Sacrifice) i think it would be cool :)

Both, but mainly PvE.

Predominantly Raids, some "Heroics," the occasional Solo of old raid content, and anything with an achievement.

Arenas and BG's, Rated BG's when I have enough guildmates.

Fixing the pet control bar bug and the bug that causes my pet to be summoned with hardly any health is VERY annoying, nothing is worse than having a pet just summoned be one-shot by a mob. Removal of the minimum range would be a dream come true, the skill curve on hunter PvP is outrageous, a decent hunter versus a decent player of any other class automatically puts the hunter at a significant disadvantage. When the no-brainer solution to fighting a hunter becomes "get in close" regardless of the situation it suggests that there is a flaw with the game design; players need to be forced to think about their actions and have repercussions as a result. Regarding traps, if they all were usable like Freezing Arrow back in Wrath that would be FAR and away better than the current system where we have to waste 2 global cool downs and then target the area... oh how I miss you Freezing Arrow. And if Hunters could dual wield ranged weapons that would be outstanding as well. Aside from those issues I would say hunters have never had it so good as we currently enjoy.

The feel of playing a Hunter can't be beat by any other class. Being able to fire off an Explosive Shot, Concussive Shot then being able to jump Disengage and land going running in the same direction (away from a mob) and watch it slowly die... Priceless.

Summoning a tanking pet to pick up a mob after the tank dies and having it get one-shot because it has no health as a result of a bug is VERY annoying. Also, watching something eat my face off and not being able to hit it back or do anything about it can be infuriating. And yes I am fully aware of the utility of Feign Death, Deterrence, all our slows etc...

I don't think that the Survival rotation could get any better, at times it can be boring but personally I enjoy the reactionary aspect of the rotation. Marksman seems rushed to me, if there was a bit more free time to do things without worrying about the Improved Steady Shot buff wearing off. As for the Beast Mastery rotation, I can't truly say; it seemed very awkward to me the few times I tried BM.

Fix the pet bugs mentions above, remove the minimum range, grant dual wielding of ranged weapons, making traps less clunky by reverting back to the one button launching ability that we so fondly embraced in Wrath. Being able to tame druids would always be nice as well.

I never use Immolation Trap, Widow Venom, Counterattack; occasionally Beast Lore but even that is a very rare occasion and really the only one of those listed that poses any real value to me. Seeing a how my stables are full it is only used to tell other players if a potential pet is tamable for them on their hunter alts.
    Both

Heroics and Raids

Arena, BGs and Rated BGs

Minimum Range requirement, it's stupid when I'm stuck in melee range of a boss. I'm next to useless in recapping Horde towers in AV. Overall it's extremely frustrating.

Pet pathing, in WSG a FC can jump down a level and make my pet useless.

Pet Bar Disappearing, this really sucks.

Low Range Weapon Durability, 90/90 is too low

Using Pets and Range Weapons and not having mana.

Minimum Range. Getting Deathgrip repeatedly and Frostmages staying in my melee range.

I like it overall. Feels smooth enough

BM and Surv scaling with Range Weapon Damage
    Raptor Strike hitting hard
    Duel Wielding Pistols or Crossbows via Transmog
    Snake Trap Deadly Poison replaced
    Pet's not dying so often in FL Raids
    Pet Rez casting time reduce
    Improving our Parry/Dodge
    Freezing Arrow

Raptor Strike
    Beast Lore
    Feed Pet
    Kill Command
    Wing Clip
    Immolation Trap
    Widow Venom
    Aspect of the Pack
    Aspect of the Wild
    Snake Trap
    Cobra Shot

Weak Talents:

Pathing
    Spirit Bond
    Trueshot Aura
    Resistance is Futile
    Point of No Escape
    Counterattack
    Mirrored Blades
    #What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both

PVP

#If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroics, Raids

#What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters?

i like the no ammo feature, i kinda miss having mana because you could do alot more stuff with mana than you could with focus. Kinda want more taming challenges.

#What makes playing your class more fun?

Soloing old content, taming rares, pvp a ton

# What makes playing your class less fun?

doing the same stuff over and over

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)?

PVP - i feel good with my rotation
    Pve - i barely pve on my hunter

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

More tameable pets with cool skins, a tameable spirit beast raptor, tameable dragons, More hunter legendary items.

# What spells do you use the least?

N/A