Class Feedback – Hunter

Hunter
Prev 1 72 73 74 76 Next

What’s on your wish list for your class?This is the part I wanted to get to.. Now for now I'm just going to list all the known problems I can think of that in my opinion would make me and the hunter community happy, now I list all the problems and explain the ones that feel needs to be explained while giving helpful ideas. 1. Make Deterrence remove Dots please. 2. Give hunters a self heal - Maybe an aspect that heals you over time or buff chimera shots heal.. Yeah I know what you're thinking. Chimera Shot had a self heal?!?!? 3. Merge Widow Venom with another spell such as Serpent sting or Concussive shot. 4. Most people complain about the range restriction but I don't mind it, hunters are made for kiting and I love the challenge it gives me have to keep distance away from a class so it's fine in my opinion if it stays. 5. Merge Raptor Strike with Wing Clip or just remove it entirely, honestly why give us a melee ability that does about 3k damage on a 8 second CD all it's good for is the 20% damage mitigation. 6. Camouflage... Come on blizzard when you think of a hunter you should think of a predator stalking the forest blending in with his surrounding being like a rogue but not completely like a rogue. At least that's what I think :P Basically what I'm saying is Camouflage should be one of the hunters favorite abilities especially since it's the "AMAZING LVL85 ABILITY" Camouflage is a good spell when used right I understand that I've defended bases in pvp using camouflage to my advantage but why do we have to stand still for full stealth? Maybe if we stood still for 1 second we would be able to be stealthed while moving for a few seconds but while stealth we'd move like a rogue or slower and would have to stand still again to regain the "stealthed" buff. Now I don't mind the duration because all you have to do is reapply it but it is kind of annoying how the duration is the same as the CD I mean you might as well let us stay in it forever if it's going to be like that. 6. Now on to the traps my favorite topic.. I understand that you guys at Blizzard or some of you think having to click a button multiple times to just use one cc that you have to manually select where you want to place it down yourself while losing dps time while other classes have a instant classes is "huntery" but just think about it imagine a hunter kiting someone preferably a warrior because I hate warriors then clicking a instant cast freezing arrow and the game having a animation of the hunter taking out a icy colored arrow and shooting it at the warrior while running away from him which obviously results in the hunter having a successful CC while on the move. Now think of a hunter mashing 3 buttons just to select the trap he wants then having to manually click on the ground hoping the warrior is dumb enough to walk on his trap which most of the time fails and he has to resort to his other CD's for 30seconds because of clunky mechanics. Tell me... Which one seems more efficient and sounds more huntery. And if that seems "op" to you then you could put a 1 - 2.5 second cast time on the freezing arrow that can be interruptable but your able cast while moving with this spell even without Aspect of the Hawk to. Just by this change you could completely rework the traps like Immolation trap becoming a Dot that does damage while decreasing the enemy's armour like serpent sting and snake trap having that same slow effect while merging Widow venom into it and removing the damage so it doesn't break cc's. Explosive trap could have still have a aoe but instead of placing it on the ground you would shoot it at someone and they get damaged and everyone within maybe 5 - 8 yards has to move away from him. This would work extremely well with times when you're a flag in Pvp such as in the Battle for Gilneas when everyone is stacking on the flag you just use you're explosive trap and bam everyone sees the damage and knows to move away from the person that's been hit by a hunter and if in a situation like this you don't want the aoe and just want a single trap you could use immolation trap. Hunter traps should be feared not a flimsy easily see able 3 button push to put down trap that is easily laughed at.

What this guy said about the traps! we gimp bliz we gimp! cc needs to get better!
I agree with what is being said here. Traps need a fix for the cool downs. In heroics and raids we have a hard time controlling ads or mobs because of being on a cool down. We need our volley shot back. I miss it the most of the changes that have been made. It made hunters much more fun. I don't especially care for multi-shot. It would be nice to have some form of a healing ability. Overall, I think a good job has been done to make the hunter a great class, but please give us back the volley shot.
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Mostly PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
the trap lauching mechanics really make me suffer, I cannot cc moving targets and hate that I can't and people get up me for it, makes me feel useless! Which, admittedly, I am. :P

What makes playing your class more fun?
Love pets, love the ranged-ness, ya know, the whole feel of being a hunter. Love tracking its so useful!

What makes playing your class less fun?
Trap launching I find really hard. People want you to cc moving targets and I just cannot do it!
Also how the shots have a minimum range, I find it to be a big unnecessary hassle, I'd suggest just having a big damage reduction for firing at close range maybe? Or a focus increase! That would make sense, hard to focus when the enemy is all up in your face and whatnot, like maybe a focus requirement for the auto-shot at close range as well.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Beast Mastery could use another shot in the mix maybe? Otherwise its great!

What’s on your wish list for your class?
I wish for trap launch to go direct to enemies. I just can't hit moving things with for cc

Also a better beast mastery final ability, maybe an extra shot for rotation? Or instead of getting the ability to tame exotic pets, give all pets used when in beast mastery spec an extra ability and that can be the top tier. I find that I sometimes wanna use normal pets in beast mastery and this would fix that, and by getting rid of the 'exotic' pets hunters who dont want to be beast mastery can still show off their fancy spirit beasts and the like.

What spells do you use the least?
I always forget about deterrence, and some of the more situational ones like the widow venom one etc.
Also the counterattack in the survival spec. Never used it so put the point somewhere else. Also I always turn off spirit walk for my spirit beasts or stealth for my cat, I wanna see them!
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• PvP

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Heroic Dungeons

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• Arenas much more than BGs

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• All forms of hunter CC breaking on one damage. Either make Scatter shot remove all DoTs, have both Scatter shot and Freezing Trap soak up some damage, or make it so every CC in the game (stuns excluded) break on one damage.

Make Master's call (and Hand of Freedom?) undispellable?

Make Detterrance remove all DoTs. Talented, Glyphed, doesnt matter. Just do it please.

Also give us a heal? Make Widow venom absorb 10% of heals? That seems pretty fair seeing as most people in this thread claim to not use it anyways.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• Good CC and control, good on-demand burst, Readiness ;)

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• No heals (chim shot heal is a joke, just remove it and give us my Widow Venom suggestion...), dying in Deterance, My traps breaking on 1 damage.
    Having a 10 second pet rez? wtf? Either make it an instant cast and give it a cool down, or give us something like Warlocks.
    We are supposed to be 'Beast Masters' but DKs and Mages have a more reliable pet summoning system!

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• I love MM rotation. SV is cool aswell, buff Black Arrow probably. BM ? I use it for blood lust.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• I feel the suggestions I gave in 'Quality of life' and 'Things that make your class less fun' are very fair and reasonable. Widow Venom (aswell as Mortal Strike) needs a buff and we have no heals, make it absorb 10 percent of in coming heals.

Fix Scatter Trap, We have the hardest CC to get off in the game, and it breaks on 1 damage.
    We have to use two CDs to CC our target, and their teamate ( any good Warrior or Ret ) will eat the trap.

A small buff to Steady shot in PvP? Make a talent for it to bypass 20/40/60 percent of armor?
    I don't enjoy hitting for 2k un crits on Plate, lol.

• What spells do you use the least?
  • [/ul][/quote]
    Probably Snake Trap and the Fire Traps, they are pretty useless, and aside from Snake Trap literally doing no damage, it freakin spreads to everything and breaks my traps!
    Get rid of the terrible DoT, and just make it Crippling/Mind numbing poison.

Raptor strike. Buff it or something. Please. ANY good player will try their hardest to abuse the hunter's minimum range distance. While this is a valid strategy, (I guess -.-) make it so we aren't completely useless at 0 range.

Hope you enjoyed my feedback on my favorite class in the game.
    Thanks for reading.

What type of content do you focus on? Both
    Both
    If PvE, what type of PvE? Everything

If PvP, what type of PvP? Arenas and BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    no viable buff to bring to a raid. i'm just there to fill in for some buff that they arent getting from someone else?

Everything i just love runnin and gunnin', i love stutterstepping in duels and mocking people:)

The fact that any meele class just wrecks our face/min range

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
    i feel it is perfect i am having alot of ease with it

Self heal, a logical explanation for Snake trap

i use everything except raptor strike and kill command
    ■What type of content do you focus on?

Both PvE and PvP with a leaning toward PvP

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Some Heroics (now mainly for VPs), though I hate the reworked Zandalar Heroics and avoid them with a passion. Casual weekly raiding.

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Mainly BGs and some world PvP when I can get it. Some Arenas (not overly fond of them other than for acquisition of gear). Still trying to get enough guild members geared to do Rated BGs.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Dead zone is and has always been awful. Taking some Surv talents to outrange casters used to mitigate this somewhat, but even now it's been reduced it's still awful.

To this day pets are still spawning with low health ... having them summoned while mounted alleviates this problem somewhat but it's still there and it' still annoying.

The trap launcher mechanic is pretty awful but for the life of me I can't think of anything better other than direct target launching which in some situations is not desirable, I certainly would not like to lose the ability to drop them directly where I am in any case.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

It took some getting used to but I actually kind of like the focus system versus mana.

In PvP in particular I love CC aspect of hunters and abilities to escape other peoples CC.

■What makes playing your class less fun?

I didn't like losing [Eyes of the Beast] it was situational but could be very handy in world PvP and BGs.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I can only really comment on Marksman rotation which I'm quite happy with as I've tried both BM and Surv. and freely admit I'm pretty hopeless at both.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

A slightly reduced cooldown on [Silencing Shot] would be nice.

Some way of dispelling/reducing DoTs would also be very nice.

■What spells do you use the least?

In no way do I wish to lose any of these abilities but some tweaking to improve their usefulness would be appreciated:

[Eagle Eye] is handy while exploring but can be useful for situational awareness in some BGs

[Widow's Venom] could do with some slight buffing to make it more useful ... say 5-10% more healing reduction.

[Kill Command] damage is out of line with focus cost outside of BM spec, or perhaps [Resistance is Futile] could proc more often to mitigate this.

To those people who have listed [Tranquilizing Shot] I can only think they are either crazy or do not PvP. I use this religiously in BGs and I'm usually near the top of the recount list for dispells. Even in PvE this can be useful against enrages etc.
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• Both

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Heroics/very little raiding these days (no time)

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• Arenas/BGs/Rated BGs

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• Minimum Range, only class that has one. I mean we do have all these nice spells to get us out of minimum range but, other classes have all these pesky spells to get in to our minimum range (death grip, charge, heroic leap, blink)

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• When I first started playing I tried many classes and played hell getting them past level 20. But then I tried playing a hunter and once I got my pet at level 10 boy what a difference. My pet was my shield and me the sword, enemies few before us. But now sadly just about every class has some type of pet. So instead of being one of the few (hunter and warlocks) I'm now part of the many.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• Minimum range, I hate having to constantly back up from other players in PvP so I can shoot them. Aspect of the Fox has made this less of an issue however players who know better kill hunter as fast and as close as possible. Self heals (in PvP only) are a pain in the !@#! I can beat some classes to a pulp and then bam full health. Its annoying to see a blood DK do as much healing as a Disc Priests in BGs.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• MM rotation is a bit tight with steady shot, giving it a second or two more up time would make things less tight.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• Removal of Minimum Range!

Make widows venom do 25% healing reduction again (currently 10%) this used to be a useful spell now not so much with the 2x crit from healing.

Give us some way to reduce a targets mana, we used to have a spell like this back when we used mana now we don't. Perhaps a venom that reduces mana?

Make venom's more like rogue poisons (I think that was the original intent or at least I think it was)

Give the Survival Tree some type of self heal (PvE)

Disable self heals in PvP or at the very least in Arenas and Rated BGs

Would like to see flares knock all stealthies out of stealth

Make it where camouflage can not be seen unless with in 20 yards. This would make it more useful for PvP.

Make Scare Beast an instant cast like the rest of the fears and make it an AoE spell that effects something like 3 or so targets. (but this will never happen to much druid QQ. now that I think about it that what got rid of it the last time XP)

Make the Trap Launcher more like Freezing arrow, a one button cast (its clunky now)

Make tranquilizing shot dispel pally shields (this will never happen but i can dream can't I?)

[li]What spells do you use the least? [li]

Wing Clip, Raptor Strike, Widows Venom, Distracting shot

For all those at Blizzard, Thank you for your hard work. So hopeful you guys have so Ideas you can try. And if worse comes to worst you can always bring out the "Nerf Bat" (Ghostcrawler Pat. Pend.) later and adjust things.

Thank You and Good Night!
    What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Questing, Soloing, 5-Man Dungeons

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] Occasionally BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.: Not really a big deal but I think it's time to get rid of "Feed Pet" to heal it. We should just have "Mend Pet" to begin with.

What makes playing your class more fun? Fast paced, tons of pets to train

What makes playing your class less fun? Not much variety between the talent trees

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Don't really have any issues with it

What’s on your wish list for your class? If anything, please please please please PLEASE make Giraffes and Zevhras tameable! PLEASE! Other than that, nothing really.

What spells do you use the least? Flare and Distracting Shot
    Both, mostly PvP

Heroics, Raids

All the above

Differently what alot of people here are saying this as well, but a shot that can actually heal us would be great.

I am differently a run and gun type. So cc's like scatter and freeze are very fun to have.

Alot of useless things. Mostly snake trap, and immolation, both do hardly any damage, and are pointless in PvP and Raids...I use but em but they don't seem to change my DPS at all. I wouldn't mind if all the perks on agility would change, making us focus more on haste, and crit then attack, and taking out the more armor perk. Think that should go with strength. Never made much sense to me. Having to relay on steady so much to regen focus, it brings down DPS a handful, since its a hardcast. Maybe a sting that can help regain focus i don't know. And lastly since I mostly PvP having our CC's well at least one not break on damage. Mages rogues and warriors all have this ability. Why we've been now made into a cc class and don't makes it rough. Cause the whole rogue zap poison burst poison thing is ah...well annoying. And i know I'm making this long but the rogues being able to destroy traps is a total slap to the face to our class and that should be removed.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    Rotation wise MM in PvE is alright again the whole relaying on steady is a bit of a downer. PvP for me its all about control so its stable but can easily be improved with a cc that doesn't break on damage.

-Snake trap/immolation removed or revamped
    -CC that doesn't break on damage (making scatter do that)
    -Less reliance on steady to regen focus (more time to dps)
    -take out minimum range at least for autoshot and arcane (unbalanced that other ranged classes don't really need to worry about that)
    -make cheetah/pack not have dazed effect (makes em useless, and just annoying)

-Widow Vemon <---ok in PvP, but could be revamped
    -tracking is alittle pointless (only track humannoids in bgs for INCs)
    -immolation trap
    -eagle eye<---i dont know why we still have this
    -aspect of wild (thought monkey was always good, makes sense that classes with agility can dodge, nice aspect when being pulled in melee range)
    People being easily able to LoS us in arena is Ridiculously stressful, ,

Wish list,
    We need a quiver, even if its just cosmetic, i hate pulling arrows from no where

Remove all traps exept freezing trap, ... remove consussive shot, widows venom,

Give us a mechanic similar to rogues poison, lets say... Apply Fire, Ice, to your arrows or bullets, Fire (fire dmg or melts armor) Ice (slows enemy)... These suggestions will improve hunter pvp without having Any impact on PVE,

Rapid Fire when active should have a chance to knock down enemy for 1 second

Deterrence should remove all dots,

Give us a decent self heal, Or Remove/reduce self healing of other classes.
    Mostly PvE, occasional casual PvP.

Raids.

Arenas, BGs, but mostly just for fun with friends.

Loved most the changes to pets and ammo, even though I'm old school classic hunter and will always miss feeding my pet and such due to nostalgia more than anything, but the pets don't even seem a very big part of the hunter anymore. The dps from marks/surv pets is negligable, and even BM it's still not even 50% of a hunter's total dmg. I miss having unique skins that set me apart. The new "challenge tames" are nice, but I think I like the non-announced pets such as the grimtotem spirit wolf and spirit hydras that are limited time deals. Also keeping pets alive on boss fights is easy, but they're dead on pretty much every trash pull if I send them in due to single target abilities such as bleed from hell hounds and ignite dot from the pyrelords in firelands.

Being one of the best dps classes when played right.

Being stuck into one spec for a difference of over 5k dps between the specs.

Rotation wise it's great, has a good flow that is easy to fall into even when you have to move around and swap targets, though I wish our focus regen ability hit a little harder than auto-shot. =/

I would love to have BM and Surv have % of weapon dmg added to their spells to make them competitive with marks for high end raiding. This one change would bring them up and keep them up there through all the tiers of raids in an x-pac in my opinion.
    Also, Eyes of the Beast was one of my favorite spells on my hunter and wish it would come back. Not every ability has to have an obvious use.....

Widow Venom for sure, raptor strike and scare beast, though admittedly it's probably cause I don't PvP much, Aspect of the Wild only gets used when I'm soloing Hydross a 5 year old boss, and I never use feed pet though it's an OoC heal, I can just mend and it's fine.

PvE mostly, my system doesnt like the fast pace of PVP much, though right now it doesn't like PVE either [love when it freezes during boss fights]

heroics mostly, raids arnt really easy for me with my system

minimum range. seriously outdated, make it go away.
    I mean, its not like its impossible to shoot someone at point blank, and alot of the mechanics in cata seem to have been designed while forgetting the fact we have to stay 5 meters back to do decent damage. I mean sure I COULD smack the boss with my staff but somehow I don't think the group would like that much

pets, the wide variety is why I chose this class, I see alot here asking for a self heal, wonder if they know that thing spirit beasts do...
    I love being able to swap from my Ravager or Dragonhawk, to my devilsaur or spider, all depending on what the group needs, or what I'm doing,

minimum range. seriously outdated, make it go away.
    EDIT: oh I forgot. why cant my pets jump off the stupid ledge with me, I mean, its two feet, I'm alive, yet it has to run around the corner pulling 17 monsters. here's a thought , maybe make dismiss pet a quicker channel?

fairly good if a bit clunky sometimes, rather annoying that focus is so slow to regen at some points, and if you miss a shot at some points you loose a ton of momentum and it can be hard to recover, especially when my cat decides it going to try to eat my cursor.

no minimum range. seriously outdated, make it go away.
    other then that I'm pretty happy with hunters as they are, though I know more then once I've yelled at my focus for not regening fast enough during a fight

Aspect of the Wild/Widow Venom
    the first because its rather outdated and not needed ...like ever. the second because I just don't PVP, I've used it a few times in dungeons but generally its not worth wasting focus
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

I focus on PvP

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Raiding is very fun for me. I like the big raids, like ICC/ulduar more than the smaller ones ex BoT. Heroics were fun for me during wrath, I don't really like the Cata ones but, I still do them sometimes.

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    Battlegrounds. I have a hard time putting a team together and let's just say when looking to join random teams, hunters aren't at the top of the desirability list.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    I feel a great deal has been done, and I'm very thankful for it, addressing "QOL" issues. I would gladly trade them all for more attention given to PvP though.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
    WOW is fun in general.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
    Our class is at the bottom of the totem pole as far as PvP is concerned. If you have a good team, and you really know the class, you can do well, but generally it takes an excellent hunter to hold his own against an average or mediocre anything else. Currently I can count the number of rogues on the opposing team and then multiply by 10 and I will know the percentage of time that I will be dead or stunned in the battleground. Sometimes I feel as if we are in the game just for rogues to kill.

Ya know what's funny? I bet if you ask most hunters and they tell you the truth, the easiest class for them to kill is other hunters. I and smoke hunters. Most are MM in BGs as conventional wisdom would indicate you should be, but a BM hunter can destroy a MM hunter.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    Rotations are fine.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
    FIX PET BUGS
    FIX PET BUGS
    FIX PET BUGS, really put some thought into our PvP situation, COMPLETELY GET RID OF DEAD ZONE. Puhlease.

■What spells do you use the least?
    I gotta use almost everything. It's crazy. It's too complicated
    09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

PvP primarily, PvE distant second

Soloing old content, achievements

Random BGs, woun't be attempting Arena or RBG given the current state of Hunter's deadzone and LoS focus regen issues.

• The lack of "kinship" with our pets, I understand removing the happiness factor, but feeding the pet to give them buffs added a little something more than just a pet to help us DPS etc.
    • Lack of distinction between the specs, defining items which set MM, BM and SV apart vs 3 specs that seem to have meshed into what they are now.[li][li]Feeling like I "have" to run as MM in PvP to get access to more skills PvP related.

• The ability to solo older content
    • Having a pet as company as I generally enjoy running around the world solo completing/chasing acheivements.

• Hunter deadzone which every melee class knows about :(. We only have x number of cooldowns to pop to get away vs the number of closers they have. And if its two melee Its generally game over. MM have readiness to pop to get their cooldowns reset but the other two talent trees are left hanging
    • Hunter pets bugs, hunter pets bugs and again hunter pet bugs. The pet bar vaninshing is a real pain especially in mount heavy BG's; pets magically getting set to passive (I run with mine on defensive and micro manage him); pathing issues where they follow us but rather go the "long way around" by the time they arrive the LoS abilites are too late; and lately my pet magically despawning (I think this is related to the pathing problem)
    • The inability for us to pressure geared melee players especially healers, as I run BM I dont have silencing shot and 2 hunters against a healer we get laughed at and outhealed.

Generally PvE the rotation feels okey, been awhile since Ive run heroics so cant really comment too much on that.
    For PvP focus management becomes a real pain. Having our two main focus generators requiring cast times means I need to run them in Aspect of the Fox, LoS means I cannot complete the cast = no dps and focus, and these two shot can have their cast time incresed when dotted.
    As im running BM my signature shot Kill Command can only get used when the pet is in range where in the past it was stackable on the pet. This means my opening shots are hunter's mark, serpent sting and then a toss up if the pet is in range KC or arcane shot, I generally fire the arcane and forefeit the first KC until i have enough focus to use it.
    Having to use 2 GCD to get a CC off and theres still the randomness of scatter and the arm time of traps.

• Fix pets bugs the amount of them and how long they seem to persist patch over patch is getting a bit much for a class that's pet dependant.
    • Reduce the focus cost of tranq shot, for a zero damage shot that attempts to remove a buff its high.
    • Fix traps please make them more usable, remove the having to use 2 GCD to get any use from them, they need their usefulness and damage increased, as well as their arm timer looked at, tired of launching a trap to have someone move out of it, means I have to kite them into a trap at my feet (or close) leads to melee face-eating a hunter with a trinket to get out of the trap and the trap on cooldown = no fun
    • We need either some melee something or a few more abilities to increase the distance, drop dots when using deterrance, drop the daze on cheetah.
    • Minimum range needs addressing nuff said about it.

Used to use it but useless atm Widow Venom, Raptor strike, Aspect of the Wild, Beast Lore

Both, but focused on PvP.

Heroics, mainly, but a few raids here and there. More raids in the future (with the new Raid Tool)

All.

The dev team has done a wonderful job removing a lot of unnecessary or cumbersome aspects of hunters, such as ammo or pet happiness.

Pets, Soloing content, the overall playstyle of hunters.

While its very possible to be competitive in PvP, the sheer amount of buttons hunters have to press to reach a competitive level is exhausting. And many of these abilities require macros to get the most out of them (Roar of Sac, Intervene, Masters Call). Traps: mechanics, effectiveness and reliability are all wanting. Pet pathing and AI creates a lot of work for a hunter in critical situations. Between traps and pet pathing, it seems that my success or failure at times is really out of my hands. I can play things perfectly and still lose because my pet got stuck or a trap failed.

Its very flat and predictable. Not that its bad, its just not particularly interesting either. In the end, this may be a good thing since hunters have a lot on their plate as it is, specifically in PvP. I cannot imagine managing my traps, cooldowns, pet and the game space (the REAL managed resource in PvP) on top of a lot of reactionary abilities as well.

Ability consolidation.
    Traps get reworked from the ground up.
    More robust pet talent trees.
    New pet AI/pathing.
    DoT Wiping ability
    Change "Feed Pet" from a heal to a temporary buff depending on the food type you fed them.
    The old Spirit Bond makes a comeback.

This is one of those questions that you can get the wrong impression on really quickly. I don't often use Eagle Eye, Beast Lore or some of the tracking, but that also doesn't mean they are useless, just highly situational. Spells I do not use because they are not worth pressing is Raptor Strike, Wing Clip, Immolation Trap, Widow Venom and Distracting Shot. Camouflage also falls into this least used category as well. The design of it is such that pressing it buys me very little outside of the start of an arena match, so I rarely press it outside of that.
    PVE now, I used to love PVP.

Raids, heroics when I have to.

World PVP used to be the best. TM vs SS, cross roads, stealthing around capitals ganking people, camping jerks who deserved it.
    Arenas were good in BC.

The trap system is junk, it is extremely clunky when you compare it to every other class. In PvE it's terrible having to use trap launcher followed by a trap, bring back freezing arrow and just adapt it for the other traps as well.

In PvP. We have to use scatter just to get someone to sit still long enough for our trap to arm. Then it's easily dispellable by at least six classes, and we have to wait for it to come off cooldown before we can use it again. When you compare it to other CCs, it's terrible.

The spread of our AoE. If the mobs are all clumped up, multishot is a great aoe. However, if the mobs are slightly spread out then it won't hit half of them. When you compare it to volley, volley was much better. Not as cool, but at least you didn't have to carefully pick which target to focus on in order to hit the most targets.

Disengage without a doubt. It has to be my favorite spell in the game, I find so many fun uses for it.
      I also like the idea of running around with a bow shooting things as well as having a constant companion pet.
      Collecting pets and the sense of joy when the pet you've been camping for so long finally spawns and you tame it.

The trap system.
      Having three dps tree but only one of them is really viable.

Deadzone/Min range in PVE
      Being forced to use staves or polearms

BM's rotation is rather boring. MM is fine, though feeling the need to do back to back steady shots all the time is slightly annoying. SV's rotation was fun in early cata, before they nerfed the spec and then buffed MM's damage to higher than the spec that was just nerfed...

Better CC system.
      Bring back volley, or make the spread on multishot wider.
      Bigger stable.
      Three viable specs.
      Hunters being fun in arenas again and not just a completely frustrating experience.
      Aimed shot being .2-.5 seconds quicker.
      More pet skins (the Firelands new pet hype was a complete joke, yay! turned into WTF?)
      Removal of PVE's deadzone.
      Cosmetically speaking, being able to dual wield axes, swords, or daggers instead of having to use staves or polearms because the stats are better.

Widows Venom, Scare Beast, Feed Pet, Immolation Trap, Beast Lore, Aspect of the Wild and Raptor Strike are EXTREMELY situational.

# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroics

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

All

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Feeding pets just seems out dated at this point. We've removed arrows, vanish powder, blind powder. Why not just rid of feeding? This isn't 1994 and my pet is not a tamagotchi.

# What makes playing your class more fun?

Kiting people for days on end without getting touched. I liked the introduction of Focus as opposed to mana very much.

# What makes playing your class less fun?

Warriors and Rogues.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Rotation seems sound.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

Something I have always wanted ever since vanilla was a hunter spec without a pet. Thankfully DKs have Frost because I hated having my pet glitch out or not obey a command then all of a sudden half my dps is gone because hes lying dead on the floor. My one wish for my hunter would be that you guys would make the Marksman spec not rely on a pet. I've always wanted a stand alone archer class.

# What spells do you use the least?

Wing Clip - Used to use this a ton in vanilla, but as the expansions have gone on I find myself using it less and less and since cata has hit I think I've pushed it twice.

# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    PVP, PvE died last expansion with the introduction of welfare gear and also making every single raid a mechanic test not a player test.

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Heroics and BH dont raid otherwise

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    Arenas, Rateds

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    Min Range is devastating in pvp its not really fair all other casters can still cast when stuff is on them also introducing the trap launcher was nice instead lets make traps arrows like freezing arrow, immolation arrow, etc the traps are clunky and unless something is scattered you can never trap anything unless it literally runs right over it. Getting rid of retarded pets

# What makes playing your class more fun?
    Instant shots is wonderful i love being able to move and shoot but min range is killer when your in raids and in pvp

# What makes playing your class less fun?
    MIN RANGE how many times do I need to say it before it becomes even less fun lol.
    Traps work but are very easy to steer clear of because of small radius of trappage. Clunky because someone can just run over it right after it drops and it does nothing to them or gets eaten for no reason and disappears

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    Love the rotation surv needs a filler that is actually beneficial to its spec

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
    Better Pet control we are a pet class but BM is the only one that actually does alot with a pet which i think we should drop pets for the other two specs and give them damage buffs or increased focus gain or can lay down multiple types of traps or making surv melee since it has all those melee capabilites for nothing? counter attack is useless because we are a ranged class

# What spells do you use the least?
    Widows Venom give aimed shot back its instantness and its healing debuff please...... lower the dmg if you want but give us that back
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE; primary spec is BM despite it occupying the secondary slot (result of respecs)

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Heroics/Raids

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] BGs, a little Arena

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Pet rezzing after death - it takes far too long; Demo locks suffer no such penalty. No class/spec is as crippled as a BM hunter with a slain pet - for PvE and PvP situations both.

■What makes playing your class more fun? The pets and pet diversity.

■What makes playing your class less fun? Pets have lost much diversiity - especially among exotic pets be it skins or abilities.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I enjoy the BM rotation - MM rotation feels awkward, and I detest survival.

■What’s on your wish list for your class? More pets, and better PvP viability. Mages suffer no coldown on sheep... why do we suffer one on frost traps? (for example)

■What spells do you use the least? Widow's venom
    Casual PVP

Regular Bgs and a few Arena games per week

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
    Line of sight and Minimum attack range. There is nothing more frustrating that being "LOS'ed" Following said player ans not being able to do any attacks because or the minimum attack range restriction.
    The minimum attack range is an outdated mechanic and combined with any type of line of sight makes hunters the only class in that game that can be shut down by simply moving.
    Our trap CC has always seemed clunky and more work that it should be to get off a few seconds of CC.
    Also having to gem for spell pen in marks is just odd. I'd really like to see that all tied into hit so we can really get the most from our gem sockets.

When there are no healers playing for either team.

Line of sight, minimum attack range and odd pet bugs.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
    Fine. More Aim shot procs in marks for pvp would be a blast.

A day when hunters can use any attack from any minimum range.
    one key cc's ( scatter shot -> trap launch-> trap -> click ground 'too much')
    Any pet skin for any pet spec! ( spiders are gross )

Widow Venom, too much focus for such a short time and minimal effect.