Class Feedback – Warrior

Warrior
Prev 1 2 3 67 Next
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] All

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] Arenas and BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

I dislike that warriors (especially in pvp) are so reliant on macros to make up for clunky mechanics. Macros that are absolutely required to play competitively should probably just have their mechanics implemented naturally.

And by clunky mechanics i mean things such as: If Arms, wasted GCDs on weapon swapping to attempt a CC reflect is big when timing is so tight and you are already wasting GCDs on stance dancing to disarm or intervene while constantly having to reapply hamstring.

What makes playing your class more fun? If Prot, even the slight extra mobility is extremely nice and you miss it drastically when swapping to Arms/Fury. (Aside from the constant heroic leap fails of course.)

What makes playing your class less fun?

For pvp: It would be nice to be able to lend a little more support or utility to our team-mates without totally abandoning our target. The days of pulling off a clutch focus charge/interupt are gone. Do that now without intercept to get back and expect your kill target to get LoS, lose hamstring, reset all pressure, etc. Our peeling options are extremely limited when we have 1 long CD 'cc' that breaks with our own damage/dots already on the target, and a snare that is pretty much always weaker than the snare the enemy puts out (probably passively as well). It encourages tunnel visioning and a very non-strategic 'race for the kill' atmosphere.

For prot: I dislike being the tank who is the most reliant on other classes and offers the least outside of soaking up damage. I'm not going to do a point fingers and 'This class can do X while we can only do X' thing. But 2 of the other tanks maintain much of their hybrid utility/support and the other gets remarkable self-reliance.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

For Prot: With the recent threat modifier changes removing alot of the concern of losing agro, i'd say the only thing that feels wierd now is that we have multiple abilities that dmg-wise are really close together so it almost doesn't even matter what you push for dmg/threat. Devastate/Revenge/Concussion/Shockwave/HS: a tank that doesn't care to maximize his performance could pretty much randomly hit any of those after SS's and his dmg/threat would be close to someone actually trying.

For Arms: Biggest complaint, again, is the constant wasted GCDs when trying to maximize potential.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

Hamstring to have a longer duration or auto-apply like the other melee classes snares that do.
Allow Spell Reflect to work with a 2-hander.
Lower the Spell Reflect CD for Prot slightly. Or make it not waste itself on pet attacks.
Mortal Strike debuff to be re-raised to 25%. (or 20% even.)
Allow Prot-only Victory Rush Devastate procs to proc sooner than 20% if spec'd properly.
Lower CD on Intimidating Shout, or increase the damage needed for it to break. Or at the very least add a minor glyph that wipes dots off our target when using Intimidating Shout, much like the poly glyph. (Would have to be minor to be useable, the CD is just too long and the ability is too weak to give up a major.)
Heroic Leap to be more lenient on where it lets you land. I waste so many gcd's in BG's especially on heroic leap failures. It fails on some of the slightest inclines, drives me mad.
Stronger AE damage as arms outside of bladestorm. Increased cleave dmg would be a start.
Fix/stop the Charge jumping.
Take Rallying Cry and Last Stand off each others CD's.
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Arenas and BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Arms/Fury: Clunkiness needing to change into sword/board when you need defenses in PvP; Charge jumping bug/exploit in PvP; Throwdown being able to be dodged/parried; Safeguard being dangerous to use on a tank because of the threat loss you inflict upon them; Heroic Leap not working for various reasons, or sometimes no reason at all; Getting stunned/rooted when you begin a charge/intercept/intervene causing you to waste it.

What makes playing your class more fun?

Mobility

Stances, in general; they don't serve much of a point anymore beyond Tank and Not Tank.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Fury, especially SMF, suffers from randomness in trying to get Bloodsurge to proc; slam's cast time being annoying, but not game breaking; Shield Slam doesn't feel like it hits hard enough outside of Shield Block with Heavy Repurcussions; Having to use demo shout while tanking, or Sunder when not tanking without a prot warr or feral druid in the raid; Whirlwind having to hit 4 targets to have a short cooldown is just annoying.

Fix the QoL problems I mentioned; Lessened dependence on dispells to be able to defeat casters in PvP; Make haste a more attractive stat for us without killing our rage gen.

What spells do you use the least?

Challenging Shout
* What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE (with some guild PvP)

*If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Mainly raids, but that's partly due to a quality of life issue.

*What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

With both rage and vengeance being tied to incoming attacks, warrior tanks take a double hit when going back to do content they outgear, especially old heroics. Vengeance barely stacks, and while shield mastery helps with the rage income, it doesn't fully alleviate the problem. Even though the changes to threat mean that this doesn't impact my ability to hold the mobs, spending the entire dungeon rage-starved is not fun, especially on bosses. Gearing for threat over mitigation works too, but that entails either maintaining two full different sets or constantly reforging between a threat build for dungeons and a mitigation build for raiding.

Given that old cata heroics are the only reliable source for heavenly shards and are the fastest method for farming chaos orbs, they are still an integral part of my PvE experience. I have to maintain my stock of orbs to be able to craft gear for my guild. My guildmates need a tank for farming shards. And I get really frustrated with the idea that I need to go run on other toons just so I'm not bored in dungeons, instead of playing the class I very much prefer above any others.

*What makes playing your class more fun?

The mobility. The utility. Being able to switch specs and still do competitive DPS despite being behind the gearing curve of the rest of the raid.

*What makes playing your class less fun?

Poor rage income tanking older content.

*How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

For tanking, the rotation itself is "modular". Inner rage offers nice burst threat when rage income is high. The rotation can be simplified during chaotic/high movement phases and expanded upon when things settle down. The rotation as a whole feels more dynamic than a paladin's without being as stressful as a DK's.

While I don't mind Fury's rotation, I can understand other players when they describe it as "slow". Given that I only get the opportunity to play fury on two current fights, this doesn't impact me as much as it might others.

*What’s on your wish list for your class?

Take shouts off of the GCD. Make shattering throw independent of stance
-PVE mostly. PVP for fun, but rarely.

-Raids; Heroics to cap VP.

-BG's, occasionally arenas. I find PVP to be frustrating. In my opinion, heals are out-of-scale and are way too powerful, and resilience provides healers even more time to cast defensive maneuvers.

-I have no QoL issues for warriors.

-Using/perfecting warrior mobility to be more effective in Raids and BG's.

-The insane amounts of melee-unfriendly stuff in the last couple of raids.
-Small hit boxes (Drones in the Beth'tilac encounter)

-Love it. It's got a high margin for error, and a high error-reward ratio.
-Small concern about randomness affecting our DPS output. I guess there's no way around that because we are a resource-based class, but it can be quite large from fight-to-fight.

-Another utility that is useful for a raid. Rallying cry is ... less than stellar.
-For PVP, another defensive maneuver for stuns/roots/snares.
-More thoughtful tier armor bonuses that don't pigeon-hole you into one spec (to be competitive, of course). For example, I prefer SMF over TG, but it's not the best spec thanks to 1. gear, 2. T12 4-piece bonus, and 3. Deep Wounds scaling with Crit... and to help my raid I want to do the most damage possible.

-Strike :)
-Rallying cry (once per night if I can spot a chaotic moment while it's happening and hit it in time)
Thank you for this wonderful opportunity. I hope I can be of some help for future development.

What type of content do you focus on?
-PvE
If PvE, what type of PvE?
-Raids (Heroic/Normal 10 man focus)

If PvP, what type of PvP?
-Arena

-Battle and commanding shout should certainly be off the global CD, especially if you're utilizing it in tier bonus's like t12. Right now, because of our low haste priority, our 2 piece is awful because the first 1.5 seconds is used just casting the ability.

-The mobility of a warrior as a melee class is what keeps me playing. With charges, intercepts, heroic leaping, you can sustain dps on your enemy. The learning curve in rage management is also what keeps me interested. I'm always finding new ways to maximize rage and thus maximize dps.

-Rage starvation. If Shouts were off the global, we could use that as an emergency button for when we messed up our rotation or hit a heroic strike on accident. On top of that, itemization for warriors is sub par. SMF and TG have slightly different itemization, but the fact remains that some stats that we recieve are just simply not used at all to maximize dps. It's hit/crit, with hit going as high as 15% in some top guilds, not just the 8% spell cap.
Warriors tend to do well in top tier gear, but poorly in lower end tiers due to the way stat caps work with crit and hit.

I like the pace of the rotation as it is, it encourages you to be using your rage wisely, doesn't punish too harshly for mistakes. As I mentioned before, I'd like to see shouts used more as an emergency button for rage when you get a lot of white misses at lower end gear. The fact that our rage is based on RNG at low hit levels needs some balancing out.

It's not too frantic, fairly simple in priority, and easy to execute.

I feel like it's christmas! I'd like to see warriors going forward have shouts off the global, and a tweak to the mastery to make it a little more useful. I don't expect to see it be our top priority, but with it on so many pieces of gear, I'd like us to be able to use haste and mastery instead of just considering it a necessarily evil. It's the difference between using all the parts of the buffalo and just simply the hooves.
I'd like warriors to have a little more interaction with their rotation, such as a dot refresh or a bleed that needs manual refreshing. Right now, rend is almost a joke in consideration to rotation. You put it up once and keep it rolling. I think fury could use some sort of bleed or hemorrhage.
Shattering throw should be used as a raid dps cd and should be accessible by all stances. It could be used when your raid needs burst damage on a target by exposing it completely for a brief window. In this, you would have warriors theorycrafting about when it's wise to use the spell and whether it would be useful or not. This would add a little more utility to the class.
And lastly, I'd like to see warriors perform better in lower tier gear. With Cataclysm, it was shown that you wanted to keep stat caps down to prevent what happened at the end of Wrath, which means shorter expansions and less difference between tiers. But with the current model of warriors, we only excel when we reach the pinnacle of the tier. For example, warriors have exponentially been increasing in simcraft dps at a rate faster than other classes. I think usage of all stats would improve our quality of life in this respect, and keep us from ignoring gear with haste/mastery on it even if it's a slight strength upgrade.

Shattering throw I hardly use at all, it's current form is useless in a 10 man raid environment, it's not worth the 4 globals worth of damage for the 2-3 physical dps in the raid.
Cleave; it's high on rage and difficult to do as fury without a source of rage generation, aka pits of fire or mobs beating on you. As prot its a great tool and is good as is.

Thank you for giving us this opportunity and I hope this will help in any changes you make to us in the future.

Both, More leaning towards PvP on this character.

Heroics, subbing for raids.

If PvP, what type of PvP?
Arenas, planning to set up a Rated BG with my guild.

Really, Warriors are one of the smoother classes I play. When it comes to 'quality of life', it already is pretty good there.

Survivability and adaptation. One moment my health could be low, then I kick over to defensive stance, wall up and regenerate. For having no 'healing spells', Kerias heals alot of hp, fast. If there is a spellcaster, I can reflect something while here, or disarm someone, then hop back to battle stance and charge the primary focus of my ire. Spells and abilities that give me multiple reactionary tricks make me happy.

Its hard to exactly say. A few powers are less useful then I hoped they would be. All in all, though, of my many... many... many alts, Kerias is the one I currently have the least to complain about.

I'll be honest, I'm not the one to ask about this. I'm not the most efficient. I stance dance and react based on who I'm fighting, so I can't complain one way or another.

Currently content. All I want is a very fine hat.

Like others have stated, Inner Rage. Its currently on my fourth action bar just sitting there. Never pressed. Ignored. Sad, and lonely.
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raiding

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Rated BGs and Arenas

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
As many have stated so far, Heroic Leap needs a terrain fix. I don't know if terrain hacking is a concern when this is brought up but the ability is broken.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
The mobility and ability to control huge bursts. I think those are traits unique to warriors that should stay unique to warriors.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
When I DPS, being so gear dependent. I know we scale insanely well with end game gear but until we get to endgame we're worthless. I think this is because of our Rage system and I think normalization was the biggest nerf to Warriors ever, and while sort of needed, it shouldn't have been this extreme. (That's why I'm a Tank now.)

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Priority system is good for Prot and I disagree with people saying "More prot dps" if you look at Alysrazor on World of Logs its all prot warriors and like 1 or 2 bears in the top 10 we're fine. As for fury I think we have a bit too many fillers and 1 main ability (Bloodthirst). Arms is fun in PvE AND PvP

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
Heroic Leap fix
Please take shouts off GCD
Maybe take the stance requirements out of the game but give a buff to certain abilities in certain stances. i.e. You can use Disarm in Battle but it lasts 2 extra seconds if ur in Defense stance (something like that)

■What spells do you use the least?
LOL strike, intervene (extremely situational), Inner Rage (never used. ever)
- If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
- If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

PvE heroic raids. I tank, so this is going to be from a tanking perspective.

I dislike that Recklessness causes me to take more damage, but I can work around it. Being block capped is silly and i'll call it a QoL issue because imho it's a looming balance issue. The upcoming shift to active mitigation will probably "fix" it but i'm concerned about the fallout to my class and its rotation/fun level.

Being block capped, because being overpowered is fun. Also, the mobility inherent in Warbringer. If you significantly change Warbringer and the Warrior loses its mobility I will probably quit on the spot.

Having infinite rage when tanking is cool as well; you don't have to glance at your resources, just mash abilities in the right priority/order. If that changes, I will probably find Warriors quite a bit less fun as well.

Well, before ~4.1 it was magical damage and not having an appropriate cooldown for it. Spell Block has pretty much resolved those issues entirely. I feel like I can take a shot at practically any encounter.

If I had to pick something i'd say the inflexibility of our self-healing options. I'd love to spec into Impending Victory but it's just too niche for my taste.

I like it quite a lot and wouldn't want it to change (tanking).

Essentially nothing. I wish I could do better dps, but that's my problem, not yours :P I really like where the class is right now. Well okay, I would like to hold a 2h in one hand, or throw my shield like those guys in Black Temple, but that's going a bit far probably.

Piercing Howl and Impending Victory baseline maybe? Heh.

Setting aside all the dps that I never do, probably Disarm. Followed closely by Spell Reflect which really suffered when the cooldown was increased (a necessary evil imho). Disarm just really doesn't have much use in raid content, but I can live with that.

Ooh, I forgot Piercing Howl. That too.

What makes playing your class more fun

adding some cool unique talents to prot tree
1. pve heroics raids 2. have none really
3.fun incounters to test my character 4.being chained down with boring talents 5. its a solid rotation kinda boring though no randomness to it 6. I would like for protection warriors to get some cool unique talents that give some kinda of randomness to the rotation
PvE

Raids

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Shouts being on GCD (demoshout,bshout,cshout) . Having to taunt only in Defensive stance. Having lulls in rage when unable to hit / crit. AoEing feels really uncomfortable when ragestarved.

What makes playing your class more fun? The fact that warrior is very mobile class but does seem to lack a 15% passive movement speed like most other melee classes. I guess the improved mobility (Heroic Leap, Intercept, Intervene, Charge, Heroic Fury) makes up partially for the loss in 15% passive.

What makes playing your class less fun? Rage Normalization can get very annoying at times. There are periods of lull in your hits where very few hit / crit, making you swing very slow. Prior to Cataclysm changes in Wrath, rage was very un-managed. However, I feel that managing rage in Cataclysm feels like whether or not to press Heroic Strike rather than watching what buttons I should press.

I feel that the Fury warrior rotation is very streamlined. As for Arms and Protection, Arms can feel a little clunky at times and Protection's concept is quite easy to grasp.

What’s on your wish list for your class? What I wish for is world peace. Jokes aside, I wish for Shouts to be off GCD, two DPS specs to perform on par with one another, Arms mastery to be more interesting than a generic hit, I wish I didn't have to worry about rage so much on AoEing, and I wish I had a better hairstyle.

Shattering Throw - I feel like this spell has a high opportunity cost because of its cast time and its stance requirement. Because you have to be in Battle, and you have to actually cast it, it feels really awkward standing still and casting something as a Warrior.
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
BGs

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
I think heroic leap being unreliable and having such a high hit cap for fury. Rage feels so slow sometimes.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
Warriors mobility make it one of the most fun classes, especially as prot, charging, intervening and intercepting are great.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
Waiting for rage. Having to waste a global to get rage. Not being able to heroic leap. Getting kited.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I think the rotation is fine. Aoe rotation is kind of lame I think.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
Some kind of fix for heroic leap, taking shouts off of the gcd.

■What spells do you use the least?
Mostly our aoe's. Unless there is more than five mobs or so whirlwind doesn't get touched that much.
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]: mostly all PvE, some PvP

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]: heroics and pug raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]: bgs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.: trying to figure out when is a good time to use sweeping strikes, during aoe or or when there is like 3 big mobs close to me...

What makes playing your class more fun?: fairly complicated rotation (as arms at least), and not needing to reapply dots manually (thanks to mortal strike)

What makes playing your class less fun?: The only issue I really have is that I have a lot of buttons to press (even with a razer naga), because I have to make sure I can switch easily from doing a single target rotation to aoe

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.): I like it as single target! colossus smash though is a close relative to a dot, and that bugs me a little. Aoe wise I believe needs to be more centralized in battle stance, so I don't have to stance dance to do more aoe damage, which can get confusing sometimes

What’s on your wish list for your class?: really only for heroic leap to work better with different levels of terrain (as others have mentioned), for thunder clap to always apply rend in arms spec without going into prot talents, and for bladestorm to do as much damage in battle stance as it does now in beserker stance.

What spells do you use the least?: inner rage
Ironically, as a Fury Warrior...I never have enough rage in PvE...
That's my one problem...I'm really enjoying being a Fury warrior...i'm just waiting until 4.3 to level 70+ because 70-80 is such a drag now, and I'm waiting for the xp to level reduction for that range...
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• PVE

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Raids (Heroic modes)

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• -

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• Having our shouts on the global cooldown.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• Great mobility and large arsenal of spells. I especially like how warriors have spells that they do not have to use, but they can choose to use to help their raid. For example, shattering throw can help your raids DPS, but if you weren't using it your raid probably wouldn't notice unless you were pushing an enrage timer.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• I do not have any major concerns with warriors not being fun.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• Protection: I feel as if revenge is becoming weak again, like it was before its buff in Wrath. You have to use two talent points and a glyph to make it viable for use, and even then not using revenge is still acceptable. The only high point for it currently seems to be that it has such a low rage cost, which in many cases isn't an issue since rage is rarely lacking as a tank. If revenge is supposed to be an optional spell to use, I would request that protection tanks receive a new prime glyph since taking the revenge glyph is currently our only option.

Arms: I feel that the mortal strike change to refresh rend automatically took away the dynamic play to arms. There is nothing to really watch now as you can pretty much guarantee that rend will stay up unless you are switching targets constantly and not paying attention. While I would not want this change to be reverted necessarily, I would like it if arms was given something new to work with as the rotation is basically CS > Mortal Strike > Overpower > Slam on repeat, with the occassional Sudden death proc or chance to do a double slam.
    I also do not like that shouts are not used in the arms rotation. Since it's on the global cooldown, it's not worth using and thus keeping the buff up is more of an annoyance than the filler ability it is for fury. It also makes the T12 two piece pretty much useless for arms.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• Deathwing chin shield for my chin helmet.

• What spells do you use the least?

• Intimdating shout, disarm, spell reflect. While these have purposes, especially in PVE, it would be nice to see them used in a raid setting (and I don't mean on trash.)
    Sorry mines gonna be a lil bit simpler.

Please do NOT change prot PvE it is PERFECT right now.
    PvE

Heroics, Dungeons, Raids.

-

I find leveling Fury to be a burden, I'd like to see important skills learned at an early stage and for Rage Starvation to be put an end to.

Being the Original tank feels like it has some sort of title to it. I also enjoy the wicked gear that's modeled to reflect that I'm a warrior.

I struggle to return to my warrior when I compare it to the Death Knight, Paladin, or Druid. I feel each of those classes have a much wider stance of mobility than I can ever attain. Paladin and Death Knight also have the strongest ability to solo older content and even newer content, leaving my Warrior feeling outdated and archaic.

Arms feels appropriate. The rotation is pretty obvious and has an easily to understand flow behind it. Protection follows the same suite, the problem is it can be a tad overwhelming with the huge selection choices we're given. Fury feels too simple, and perhaps a bit slow in how inactive it feels.

I'd like our skills to be re-evaluated. Some skills are obsolete in a lot of cases where stance changing comes into place. The global cooldown effects this class more than any other in my opinion.

Sunder, Intimidating Shout, Strike, Rallying Cry.
    Both

Heroics, dailies

Arena, high end 2400+, 2k+ RBGs

Biggest quality of life issue is the amount of time I spend trying to find arena teams of equal ability. This may be an artifact of my server US-Tich which has tons of high-end Arena players and a culture of team hopping. In my case this is largely due to the perception of Warrior's having lost a dominant niche in Arena. That's mostly a balance issue, which you guys didn't really want to get feedback on here, but some support for a team finder would be cool as well.

I think the other element is Warriors feel more one dimensional than other classes I play in terms of where I put my attention in a match. For example, I'd say 90% of my attention is on my target, rather than focus or my party. With my feral, I have more responsibility on my focus due to ranged CC that it has, and obviously on my priest I have a very broad focus on my full party plus opponents for offensive dispels. Not exactly apples-to-apples, but I do think Warriors need an excuse to have to monitor more of what's "going on".

It's honestly not that fun right now. I'm struggling to answer this. Mobility can be fun but used to be more fun. It's not about gap-closers per second, but about combinations. For example, leap + charge around pillars, leap + pummel, intervene + charge. I actually enjoy gag order quite a bit as well.

There seem to be very limited opportunities for interesting, creative combinations of abilities, compared to other classes I play (disc priest, feral druid). This often gets called a "skill cap". I'm sure you guys are not interested in yet more feedback on the Cata changes to warrior that have taken some of the "skill" out of the class, but it really has taken the creativity out of the class.

It's ok overall. It's a bit GCD capped, but there's not much I feel like I'm missing out on. Hamstring is annoying still, but 1 sec is better than 1.5 sec for the GCD.

Higher skill cap / utility in Arena.
    Spell reflect was an awesome skilled move. Wish it was back to where it could actually help you avoid CC. (25 sec CD is killer)
    A way to get people out of stealth again would also be really nice.

Berserker Stance, Inner Rage

09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

Mostly PvE. I mostly quested to 85, then spent time tanking, and I've just started doing Arms DPS.

5-mans. I like both regulars for a relaxing, easier time, and heroics for a relative challenge. I'd like to give raiding a shot, but I'm too lazy to make the commitment.

The only PvP I've done is Baradin. Keep meaning to try BGs (and have on other classes), but I never get around to it.

Hmm. Shouts, I guess. It's just annoying having to reapply them so often. It's not like I'm making a tactical decision to switch between Battle and Commanding. I pick one and keep it up and that's it. The rage boost (and damage with the right spec in Arms) is nice, but it's weird having that on the same ability as a buff that I'd rather just set and forget. And when tanking, Challenging Shout is hardly ever useful. The range is just too short in situations where I'd really want to use something like that.

Also, the auto-attack bug/targeting problems that still exist. It's ridiculous to have to macro autoattack into rotation abilities just to make sure I'm actually attacking, or to have to manually click every new target, etc. I find myself standing there, out of combat, doing jack squat despite spamming every hotkey I can find, far too often.

The mobility is great, and the big array of situational moves. Interrupts and stuns, a good mix of single-target abilities and AoE. Apart from shouts, I really don't have any complaints about Prot. I'm new to Arms, so it feels a bit overwhelming right now. I don't know if that's just inexperience, or if there really are more cooldowns I need to keep track of and such.

Shouts.

Some of the CDs feel like they're too much to track sometimes. There are defensive CDs I know I should be using more, but I'm just too focused on things like positioning and procs and rotation to remember them half the time. That's probably me, though. I haven't tried tanking since the threat changes, so I'd imagine I'd have more mental bandwidth for CDs now.

It's fine. The basic priorities are just about right. I rarely feel overwhelmed, but there's enough pressure to keep the right moves going (keeping Blood & Thunder working, for example) that it's not too easy.

Shouts shouts shouts. Take 'em off the GCD, make the buffs last longer (and move the rage/damage boosts elsewhere), increase the range on Challenging, maybe Demo. Maybe a rage-free attack.

Also, Heroic Leap. It's fantastic on perfectly level ground with absolutely no obstacles. But there are too many hindrances and situations where it fails.

Strike (why does this even exist anymore?), Hamstring, Sunder Armor, Rallying Cry, Intimidating Shout, Intervene.