Class Feedback – Warrior

Warrior
Prev 1 7 8 9 67 Next
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    I PVP only

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    N/A

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    Arena/RBGs, moving away from arena due to reason I'm sure you guys already know about.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    Although I find this class to be very fun to play, I would really like it if heroic leap would work properly. Also making it possible to jump upwards would be pretty nice considering many other melee classes have an ability that does this. Our mobility is pretty bad right now too (which make my name ironic) since our only root break is bladestorm (which most people use exclusively for mobility considering it does so little damage) <-not trying to complain about class damage just pointing out this issue.

Our HUGE reliance on other classes in pvp is pretty absurd. I understand that in arena we rely on our team but without constant dispells we are an immobile melee class.

Charge jumping sucks, could we maybe get a speed increase after charge like rogues get after shadowstep? or some kind of change to where we charge (ex: to where they will land or something like that)

Hamstring spamming is pretty terrible as most other classes passively apply slow effects and they are generally better then hamstring (60-70% reduction compared to 50%) this doesn't make any sense to me because we put more work into slowing our targets and then the reduction is less. Is that not retarded...? AND the hamstring proc not being able to be applied because we can override another DPS's slow ability! Make it a separate ability or fix it!

Also I don't think we need intercept, why not just make charge usable in all stances?

What makes playing your class more fun?
    I really like the aspect of being able to chase down an opponent, I have never really liked playing a ranged class.

What makes playing your class less fun?
    Lack of viability and mobility. Seriously makes me want to quit this game.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    I'm fine with it, although heroic strike is pretty much useless now and I personally liked that aspect of a warriors rotation. Using heroic strike seemed to make warrior rotation much smoother and fast paced. Now we awkwardly stick a slam in between mortal strikes and overpowers. Does any other class have a casted melee attack? I never likes it in the first place

What’s on your wish list for your class?
    Heroic strike being made useful again (for a dps)

Charge jumping fix?

Better hamstring + hamstring proc fix.

When I first heard about Titans Grip I was extremely excited about using it in pvp, sadly fury is terrible for pvp. I would LOVE to be able to pvp as fury if it was viable and didn't feel super 'clunky'

Less reliance on other classes.

Mortal strike having a larger healing penalty, restoring a bit of our classes viability

also more spell reflect please (lower cooldown), and considering that you seem to be getting rid of stance dancing maybe make it usable with a 2hander? I know this is a stretch...

I'm NOT looking for a huge damage boost, I want more technique to be involved with this class and less 'faceroll'. I just want to be able to play and be a useful class that can't be easily replaced by another class for a better comp. (warriors only have 1-2 glad capable comp right now and they aren't even the best class for those comps)-

Now the reason I'm pointing this out is not to say that we aren't competitive (I already know that is not what you guys are looking to hear in here) because I believe our class has lost its 'niche' and is know very bland. We aren't really unique in anyway besides our sustain damage being 'pretty good' when we have up time. That is not what I want from my class what so ever. I WANT TO BE A SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE!!!

What spells do you use the least?
    Heroic strike, only used during deadly calm. Please buff it and scrap slam?

I never use inner rage. NEVER. This is related to heroic strike being bad.

I'm pretty sure this section is for spells that will be removed so as I said earlier I don't think we really need intercept, just charge in all stances.

as prot, doesn't devastate complete replace sunder armor?
What type of content do you focus on? Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroic Raiding and Casual raiding on alts.

If PvP, what type of PvP? Arenas, BGs, and Rated BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. For warriors there is no quality-of life-issues, maybe except the hatred of every class because there is always 2 things that make them better than me and I can't fix it.

What makes playing your class more fun? The ability to heroic leap and charge at enemies and destroy them with the power of 300 gnomes

What makes playing your class less fun? Frost mages and snares.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I prefer the way of an arms warrior, but since you guys decided to nerf arms into the ground for no reason in particular I am forced to PvE as arms.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Improve arms to make it more viable in PvE and PvP. In PvP I would love to see an improvement to our ability to be mobile like all the other classes. In PvE we need a major damage buff which actually would be nice in PvP too.

What spells do you use the least? Sunder armor (We have a feral druid), inner rage (useless to me because it makes me lose more rage than I want), spell reflect (I use it often, but I don't really see the point anymore because they can just cast the same spell 3 seconds later and possibly do double damage), Commanding shout (More threat/damage output), and last but not least shattering throw (mainly because I don't have the time to use it when raiding and it's only use is against paladins)
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Both

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] All, esp End Game raids Heroic end bosses ect.

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
RBGS

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

As a tank, when doing a fight where you are off tanking and don't constantly have something beating on you it gets really boring. It would be nice to have something to do other than auto attack for some rage to use an ability.

# What makes playing your class more fun? I enjoy warrior mobility, hopefully in the future pathing of heroic leap will be better so it can be more accountable. I also really enjoy how block currently works and how each cool down has specific way it can be used.

# What makes playing your class less fun?
1) Prot warriors were given recklessness to do more damage similar to druids berserk, paladin wings however we take increased damage due to it, there should be a prot talent removing this so we can use recklessness without requiring a raid cool-down to balance it.
2) Poor pathing, specifically cho'gals room where if you charge you don't go where you "should", Twin peaks where heroic leap is every ineffective ect.
3) I can recall when it was important for tanks to have every buff imaginable from flask, to 4 elixirs, and the chimrok meat from the isle of dread. I really enjoyed playing a role that was so important to a raid so all this extra effort was required, now it seems that playing a tank requires less effort than many classes. First consumables were removed, than stance dancing was removed, than multiple potting was removed, and just this last patch threat was pretty much removed. TLDR: I would like a bit more uniqueness to the tank role.
4) Glyphs, lets be honest here they are pretty boring some increase some damage for prime glyphs, other glyphs increase my area or spread rend.
5) Talents, would be cool to have a talent similar to deathbringers will in the way it would transform your character.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I feel that there is no real rotation for prot warrior anymore, its more of a priority list. Tank damage does make a difference however any warrior can hold threat doing pretty much nothing now-days.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

1) Old School windfury in pvp
2) Some sort of temporary stun immune much like DK's IBF I used to carry freedom potions for me to tank abombs in naxx ect, with the nurf to the potions I have nothing to keep me from getting stunned on trash like FL aoe packs before shannox ect.
3) Ranged attack with 10-15 second cooldown, Heroic throw is great but huge cooldown.
4) Shield Spike like talent to come back
5) Massive hp over other classes, the normalization of gear with equal stamina really stinks, tanks should have 2x if not 3x the hp of other classes in the raid instead now we have like 1.5

# What spells do you use the least?
1) Vigilance, 1/2 the time I don't spec into it since its hardly useful on 1/2 the fights.
2) Recklessness, even though it is available in defensive stance now I find it to be a double edged blade
3) Spell Reflect, there needs to be more bosses that have reflect able abilitys
4) Intimidating shout in PVE

Mostly PvE.

Dungeons. Not quite to 85 yet but I still want to share some feedback! :)

Random BGs.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Perhaps shout range. It should really just be raid wide. Being close to the other group members is a rather out dated mechanic...especially when many fights require being far away from everyone.

Warriors are so exhilarating to play! When you kill some one you get rewarded for attack another target! (victory rush) So I'm constantly encouraged to go raging from target to target! And "charge" makes it even more fun to do that!

Rage is the strangest resource in WoW...well for me at least. I hate when you're starved for rage because the group usually pulls aggro...or if your DPSing it looks like you have crappy DPS. Of course there are ways around it like charge. Its not a big deal. I can live with it.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

No complaints. :D

-Flashier attacks. Prot is pretty flashy with Thunderclap and Shockwave...but Fury/Arms? Ehhh. Take Enhancement Shamans for example. They have Windfury, Lava Lash and cool chain lightning effects. We just flail around at the air! Its boring looking. In fact I haven't DPSed in forever because warriors have the most outdated looking melee visuals in WoW. There is ONE spell that stands out to me though. Devastate! Its really cool looking. A giant sword plunging into the enemy? Cool! I wish more melee attacks looked like that! Like execute could have a little Guillotine blade fall into the enemy's skull and rend could show a little sword slice through the target and blood would splurt out. Oh I wish warriors had cooler visuals! :D Especially their signature moves! Mortal strike for example has..no visual. It's be nice to have a little indicator that the attack even worked.

Sunder armor. It'd be nice if it were worked into a spell we actively use. I hate having to reapply those as DPS.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading blizzard. I can't wait for the next patch. :)
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Fury TG, PvE ONLY! I do not like PvP at all, if it were the same gear for both PvE/P I would try for it, but it takes too much doing to completely PvE and PvP. So I have to choose PvE. If the PvP gear was actually viable in PvE in the end, I'd PvP some, but the game for me is PvE. It's where the story is, and the "different" encounters. PvP is boring IMO, even though I'd like to see world event PvP/E random events, that would be fun, along with more holiday type events for both.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] All, we do core raiding, achievement runs, and 5mans.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] None, would need another spec for this, and because of the amount of already needed keys in PvE.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. We are not wanted in 5mans because of CC, AOE, and buffs, and sometimes 10mans, because many times all other melee has something overall better to offer the group on the boss encounters. This thinking could change by us doing much greater DPS overall (that was nerfed), or giving us greater raid wide abilities. Warrior Arms/Fury ARE DPS, but if the pug sees their last run do 28k with cloth (that doesn’t take much more damage by wearing cloth), and sees a warrior do 18k (with a good rotation in the same ilvl gear), well the odds of the pug lasting are much less. Warrior DPS needs a single target CC, and a better way of getting out of CC. Stances are a mess, we should have the abilities to use things as other classes do (without penalty), or just get rid of stances. I would say that stance changing should be an aura type bonus, and that is all, or get rid of it. Some may say it's fun to stance dance abilities, but I believe we simply need greater actual abilities. Fix heroic leap, it's fun, but it doesn't always work. Intercept should give rage, not take (this would also be crazy fun and challenging with Heroic Fury). Maybe, if nothing else, allow Battle Shout to stack with Commanding Shout (our set bonus lol), this would make us more viable in new 5mans. Why not Thunderclap in all stances, we have little AOE.

What makes playing your class more fun? I love the non magic type of play, and the movement/pace.

What makes playing your class less fun? PvP, and everything that must be done to the game because of PvP. For PvP, we are rooted/kited. For PvE, we need more abilities that 5 man raid mixes would want, like a CC/AOE. Also, jumping in the air, wishing I could hit high targets with something other than thrown.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Fury DPS has an overabundance of shout types that could be combined, and should not be penalized.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Get things working better in PvE. Hunters/Druids are OP, and have an abundance of abilities. Why do they get all those types of abilities, and then get to do this kind of DPS? We are melee, but you could add a faster ranged only ability, and a single CC, but not slowing!

What spells do you use the least? In Fury TG PvE, other than Strike, Intimidating shout (used it once a month ago, don’t remember why), Commanding, because of the obvious, and well anything in Arms/Prot, because I can never afford the rage to change stances.
Both.

All that are puggable.

Bg's only because it seems nobody wants a DPS warrior on the team, Occasional arena for points.

Having to switch stances and have multiple macros for abilities such as spell reflect shield wall. Having to switch repeatedly from 2H to 1H and Shield.

Being able to charge headfirst into battle and smash away.

Weapon swapping stance dancing. Not being wanted by groups b/c of being a Melee DPS or not a FC.

Fury is incredibly fun to play in PVE. Arms is also fun to play. Only complaint is CS is such a short debuff.

More gap closers and being wanted by groups as a DPS warrior.

I use most all my abilities except of course for inner rage its almost useless.

PVP currently

N/A. Used to raid and in that case Protection Warrior.

Causal Arena, casual RBGs, casual BGs

PVP - very easy to control and get away from. Snare weaker than virtually all others so opponents simply "walk away" from me with Hamstring on them. Spell Reflect CD is too long and is often eaten by random pet casts.

Frankly the Warrior class is just not as "fun" to play at the moment as it was in Vanilla up through patch 4.0. Most of the interesting decisions to make in the heat of battle have been taken away. This is the biggest quality of life issue for me currently, just harder to explain.

The "core" play style of Warriors is great. I am still playing mine because that hasn't changed.

Options, decisions to make, being an effective/desired member of the group.

No options, few decisions to make, being a linear "damage" bot.

Generally speaking its okay. Unrelenting Assault was exciting and fun to use, I can't point out anything exciting or fun about Arms rotation currently but it works.

Little bit better ability to stay on something with Hamstring applied. Shield Block that is just more effective against at least melee - something we can do with Intervene for ranged/magic attacks.

Most of us will tell you that the version of Arms season 6 through season 8 was kind of the high point for Warriors in terms of fun, utility, feeling "skilled" etc. It was basically perfect as far as the history of this class goes.

Strike, Intercept. Other than that everything in the Warrior spell book is useful to Arms, so that's a big plus.
What type of content do you focus on?
I primarily focus on PVE content.

If PvE, what type of PvE?
Current Heroic Raid encounters. I Tank and I DPS as a Single-Minded Fury Spec.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

To a lesser extent I agree with Charäx. I feel that Stances are slowly being made to be irrelevant and obsolete. I feel like that is a grievous error. What it used to take to be a solid and skillful warrior was the ability to Stance Dance based on the impending needs of the situation. However, I do feel like the stance restrictions need to go. All of them.
The current state of Stances makes me feel like you are telling me "You are a Prot Warrior! It is silly thing for you to want to use the Arms ability Hamstring to Slow Riplimb, and if you do you will be killed outright! I'll have no more talk of this; now, stay in Prot stance!" Outside the odd fury warrior throwing on a shield and going prot to take a blow or two while the tank is battle rezed, I almost never see stance dancing anymore.
The revision of Resto Druids gave their Tree of Life the ability to alter the effects of their spells. I feel like this is the key to stances in the future. All abilities are useable in all Stances, but the effects of some abilities are variant depending on the spec used (See wish list)
Single-Minded Fury weapons are extremely limited and almost not worth the Spec when it comes to their acquisition in this tier of content.
I miss Polearms.
I agree that Rage cap should be increased a touch.
Bastion of defense needs a serious tweaking.

Stances! Also, utility abilities like Heroic Leap. As a Damage taking/Dealing class it's fun to have something that is not so much a DPS/Survival ability that I can use in creative ways.

Being forced to sit in Prot or Fury stance all day. Also the fact that as a Prot Warrior I can't switch to a DPS stance and do halfway comparable damage to that which I deal while tanking. This makes me feel like my job is done and I can go sit in a corner to wait for my friends to down the boss.
Unnecessary Abilities. I got 'em and don't want 'em. There are SEVERAL abilities with similar effects that could be doubled up. (Strike? But why? I have auto attack for that.)

It feels pretty good. I find I need a LOT of Macros to get maximum efficiency out of them though.

FOREMOST: Take the Prot stance restriction off of Bastion of Defense. The only reason it makes sense for Druids to have something like that is they share a talent tree between two specs. A good alternative would be ~While wielding a Shield~ That way when I pop to Arms to Execute and throw on a 2h I CAN be crit.

Remove Stance Restrictions. If I learn it from a trainer it's because I am a Warrior and I am meant to know it and use it, if I learn it from a talent tree It's because as a Soldier/Berserker/Phalanx I personally taught myself that to be better at my Specialized job. However, make the stances affect how the ability works.

EXAMPLES:
~Pummel:
Arms- Interrupt. Long Silence Effect. Long Cooldown. Costs Rage.
Fury- Area Interrupt. Normal Silence Effect on Target. Normal Cooldown. Costs Rage
Prot- Interrupt. No Silence. Short Cooldown. No cost

~Charge:
Arms- No change.
Fury- Intercept Cost and Effect
Prot- Same as before, with Intervene's protective effect if a party member is targeted by mob.

~Execute:
Arms- No limit to Rage consumption. EXTREME DAMAGE. Long Cooldown.
Fury- Normal with the talented haste bonus.
Prot- Moderate damage. Flat rage consumption. Very short CD. Restores 5% of max HP (Victory Rush's Talented ability)

I'd like to see a Polearm for Arms Warriors, even if it is PVP only.

Consolidate my Damaging tool box and Expand my utility toolbox. I would like to see Warriors get a Large Raid-wide utility (besides the damn Rallying Cry) that is useable once per Encounter. Along the lines of Bloodlust or Battle-Rez but not necessarily one of those.)

Strike
Intervene
Hamstring (cuz I cant)
I PvE mostly with a little of PvP on the side. A quality of life change I would love is that you can gain over 100 rage, but any ability done over that cap would cost additionnal rage, but be unable to gain any rage after the 100 mark, maybe change fury around this concept and make their abilities gain different effects when over the 100 rage mark.

Also, Stances have been outdated for a while. I would suggest making all the abilities require no stances, but being in a specific stance would increase/decrease its effect. Like for exemple, you could disarm in berserker stance, for something like 4 seconds, but in defensive stance it would last 10 seconds like it currently does.

Something that would be nice also is adding a little flavor to the shouts, like a personal buff to the warrior that would make it worth it to use a GCD for it. Or you could simply remove the GCD on them xD. Either way that would be fine by me.

Edit: Oh, and also someway to manage our threat would be the best thing ever. Like sacrifice rage to reduce it.
PvE. I have been a protection warrior since Vanilla.

Heroics 5man and 10man raids.

There are mainly two abilities for AoE tanking, which are thunderclap+rend and shockwave. For fights that have a large number of mobs coming constantly, warrior is the worst class to hold aggro of them all, since the two AoEs abilities have a large cooldown (different from druids that can swipe and DK’s that can blood boil in a more frequently basis).
Also, playing offspec as an Arms warrior, there is also lack of AoE. After using bladestorm, there’s nothing much a warrior can do for larger packs.
A solution for this would be making whirlwind a viable ability not only for Fury, and even better if it could last longer and be used frequently as the one from barbarian in Diablo.

The mobility as a protection warrior and the stuns are very fun.

The lack of good AoE abilities, as already said above.

Rotation is fine.

Some situational movement and attack speed increase, a killing spree ability when the enemy is about to die.

Shattering Throw (due to 5min cooldown a lot of people don’t even remember it exists) and Inner Rage.
Both
Heroics, and raids
BGs
WAY too many buttons in my rotation as Prot, the most out of any tank. So Warrior tanking seems to be the most complex of the 4.
Very mobile, I feel very rugged and tough.
As i said, too many buttons, can Demo shout be refreashed or last 5 min as Prot warrior?
As Fury or Arms I like it, feels cool, and powerful. HOWEVER, as Prot it's too many buttons and too complex for example, when I click intervene, I have to click the person about to being attacked, it should just have me intervene to some one with agro or being attacked, That one move that reduces my CD on Cleave and Heroic Strike, just get rid of it, bears have 3 sec swipe, give us back our 3 sec cleaves.

Can we increase how much rage warriors can have via Fury tree? How does a berserker have as much rage as a Soldier/gladiator, or a Knight? Also, warriors are considered below paladins and bears in tanking, when Warriors should be the BEST tank of them all, because there is a long tradition of warrior tanks, and they have by far the most complex of rotations and moves they use to be very good. Just reward the player who pushes more buttons with better results all i'm saying lol. Also, can we make impending Victory proc when the boss is at say 45% health or lower? Also, I would love it if Prot warriors got a type of heroism they could get in their tree, call it [Motivating Shout].

Strike, i'm lvl 85, I never have or had to use it ever. I do believe you should combine some moves as well for warriors, combine Last stand and Enraged Regen, and do way with Inner Rage, just lower the CD on Cleave, you can keep the massive one for Heroic strike.