Smouldering Essences

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Prev 1 2 3 9 Next
for 10m
And here I thought I'd be working on the last stage this week. NOPE.jpg
Where have you seen people saying they're only getting 3-4 for 10 man?
09/06/2011 07:06 PMPosted by Balkoth
Where have you seen people saying they're only getting 3-4 for 10 man?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3123245166
From another thread:

"I just got 3 from heroic Alysrazor, apparently 10 man heroic guilds are not supposed to get their first legendary until 4.3 rolls out.

4 off heroic Baleroc! Yes!

4 off heroic Beth! Awesome!"

Something is broken.

Heroic kills are giving the same or less than normal mode kills in both 10 and 25 man modes.

3-4 for H 10man bosses makes me wanna punch a baby
It looks like they normalized regular/heroic drops, which I suppose makes sense, not sure how I feel about some guilds getting the bonus for such a long time, then taking it away. Though perhaps that's their reward for being so awesome, which honestly I don't have an issue with myself.

EDIT: I'm wondering if it's maybe a way to keep 25/10 closer to the original intention as well, though I know it slows the progress, if you think about it, a 10 man guild was grabbing them at almost the same rate as 25s if they killed enough heroics (Essences btw).
It looks like they normalized regular/heroic drops, which I suppose makes sense, not sure how I feel about some guilds getting the bonus for such a long time, then taking it away. Though perhaps that's their reward for being so awesome, which honestly I don't have an issue with myself.

no, no it doesnt
Actually it does make sense if you're considering 25 man and 10 man as a whole , not heroic/non-heroic 25 and heroic/non-heroic 10.

EDIT: As you're in one of the top 10 man guilds Olo, how close are you to the staff? Just curious to compare.
you mean 7 of of Alysarazor?
Wow, that's terrible. I hope it's a bug and not intentional.
Actually it does make sense if you're considering 25 man and 10 man as a whole , not heroic/non-heroic 25 and heroic/non-heroic 10.

EDIT: As you're in one of the top 10 man guilds Olo, how close are you to the staff? Just curious to compare.

ill finish the cinders this week. bad rng with embers
I died inside when I read this.
It was very important that 25 man guilds were able to make 2, almost 3, before this change was made.

It was very important that this change was made the first night nearly every 6/7 heroic 10 man would be starting this aspect.

It was very important to make sure 10 man guilds had zero legendary staves completed in the tier the staff actually comes from.

I look forward to completing my staff sometime during patch 4.3, kudos to you Blizzard.
The ignorant incompetence that led them to nerf 10m soul rates as well is astounding. That's still going to equate to 4:1 staves, rofl
Hey, cata-era devs here, we're just going to sit back and watch the fruits of our oft-reported blunders unfold, and when we finally rouse from our drowsy hibernation after H25 guilds have 2 completed legendaries we're going to step in and make things somehow worse. Ahahahahaha
Only 2 more months and we will get our first staff!
09/06/2011 09:26 PMPosted by Airtight
The ignorant incompetence that led them to nerf 10m soul rates as well is astounding. That's still going to equate to 4:1 staves, rofl

math is hard.