{Quest} Stonefather's Boon broken

Bug Report
I placed the banner at several defenders, none had the buff already. A big stone comes down and casts an AOE effect, but the npc never gets the buff and The quest counter never advances (0/12 completed).

Tried quitting quest and starting over with no success. Also Tried quitting quest, logging out, logging back in, getting quest again, but still no success. I've done this quest with two other toons, so I what should happen.
I just did this myself yesterday without issue.
Were you by chance in a raid? Are you sure you were casting it at the right NPCs? (Obvious questions, but they have to be asked...)
I had the same problem. I still don't know what's going on. Please help.
same here
Wow, original post from 2011 and we're still having issues with this one. I try to use the banner (in the quest area on NPCs with the quest listed in the mouseover info). I see the progress bar and hear a sound, my character does his animation, and the banner item goes into cooldown. No banner appears, no buffs are given to NPC, and progress is stuck at 0/12. Tried abandoning and picking the quest back up, exited and logged back in, even restarted my computer.
Fix this now.
Yup. Same issue here. Please fix!!
Well i'm glad i'm not the only one with this problem. I thought I was just missing something obvious.
This was working a couple weeks ago when I did it on my Druid. I'm doing it again on my Warlock and it's not doing anything at all.
Does not work for me. I hope it gets fixed.
yo guys if you are a druid stay in bird form and press the banner and it will work. it won't work while mounted and it will not work while on foot. WoW plz fix the ground placing issue of these banners for every one else.
This is still broken please fix!!
same busted
if you look straight up when you cast it you can see it spawn about 30 meters above you I was able to finish by jumping on stones near mobs and using the item its an obvious collision issue
Not working for me too. Banner doesn't appear.
Wtf please fix. This is horrible for my OCD.
10/29/2016 09:20 AMPosted by Përsephonë
if you look straight up when you cast it you can see it spawn about 30 meters above you I was able to finish by jumping on stones near mobs and using the item its an obvious collision issue

I can confirm this. The Stonefather's Banner actually works fine if you use it while standing over the cubic stones near the Stonehearth Defenders. Here's a pic showing how I've done it, hope it helps.

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh630/Vinicius_Blasco/WoWScrnShot_103116_105758_zpsbr0chx8u.jpg
Questgiver (Crag Rockcrusher) is at the East side of a circle of warriors in combat.
Ignore the circle.
Head North or East to warring groups and drop the banner near them.
Works every time, even after having given out all the boons the quest requires.
Lvl 84 warlock. On foot.