Class Feedback – Druid

Druid
Prev 1 31 32 33 76 Next
I'm a Bear/Balance/Resto (I know, three specs?)

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

bgs, some arena

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

the outdated moonkin form, in comparison to all the other druid forms. Would be great to have a new one sooner than Soon<TM>

I love being able to gather resources in forms, and being able to fish in moonkin.

the buff to starfire and wrath seems to have taken the oomph out of starsurge, so it's more of another spell, less of a wow. please don't take this that we need a nerf to starfire or wrath.

What makes playing your class more fun?

The nature feel. I love being able to draw of the powers of life and nature to heal my friends and harm my enemies in however way I choose. The forms are also a great way of giving me a different experience depending on how I would like to play at any given time.

I also like how you have brought out another aspect of a balance between the sun and the moon this expac. It globalizes the druidic order a bit (plus it's fun to burn people with sunlight

What makes playing your class less fun?

The lack of synergy between the forms. I feel like I'm locked into my forms depending on my spec and feel as though I'm being punished for attempting to use all my abilties. It doesn't help that my shapeshifting is on the GCD. It would feel so great if there was some way to synergize all my forms so that as a balance, there might be a reason to effectively be in cat form for a time, or as a resto, to drop into bear form. I guess the hyper-specialization of the specs has led to this, but I wish it were otherwise.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

balance single-target seems ok, it flows rather smoothly between eclipses, and it is very nice to know when to use wrath and starfire. No major complaints.

I feel my balance aoe rotation is very annoying. balancing between shrooms and hurricane, and multi-dotting gets pretty tedious, and clunky. I understand shrooms are a pretty powerful aoe if used right, but it just feels like i fall behind in aoe because of having to use 4 gcds just to get to the dmg output. I was also very annoyed that I had to wait until i was almost in full tier 11 gear before I could even start casting hurricane with any degree of regularity without completely wiping out my mana pool.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

new moonkin model pleeeeeeease

Be able to cast Thorns in bear-form, thx.

more of a balanced selection between arcane and nature spells. I understand druids are naturalistic by nature, but it would be nice to have maybe some arcane aoe abilities to balance out the eclipses a bit (no, i do not consider starfall an aoe; it was in wrath, now it is just a pretty auto single-target ability).

Maybe an arcane-based healing ability for resto druids so we're not completely locked out of heals.

What spells do you use the least?

I never used hurricane between 4.0 and 4.2, now I have the mana I have begun to slowly put it back into my rotation.

I also find I don't use hibernate much (its so situational, and most of the applicable targets seem extremely resistant to it).

• Both PvE and PvP

• Heroics using random dungeon.

• Battlegrounds using random battlegrounds.

• Class variety being able to heal, tank, melee damage, and range damage.

• As Restoration I could heal on the run.

• No interaction to the Druid. What I mean by this is in raids other players don't have to do anything that would increase my healing other than not standing in the fire.

• No rotation problems.

• I have a wishlist for each class actually. Add a fourth talent tree for each class and bring out third talent specialization. I had a thread on official forums about each.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3123363575#1

• You fixed Tranquility so no spell I use hardly.
Both

I raid three nights a week for three hours each night, and I do heroics with guildies and friends when they ask for assistance.

Regular BGs and (very painful) 2s for my conquest point cap. I've gone back to healing on my holy paladin to be of any real use in PvP, because feral is just not something I enjoy.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    Permanent tree form. I enjoy the new tree skin because it is truly unique and fun to look at, but it would be much more enjoyable if I could always see it instead of only looking at it for 30 seconds at a time.

It's not a change, but as many others have said using various appearance changing items and then having to override them by shapeshifting makes me sad.

Lifebloom on only one target, as well as lifebloom not restoring mana after it expires.

One positive change is the talent improvement to Tranquility, as it finally gives us a REAL raid cooldown, yay!

Being unique in our ability to shapeshift.

Versatility, from being the only class who can tank, melee dps, ranged dps, and heal.

Being able to pull huge HPS on certain raid bosses.

I'm sorry to put this as I know the original post said not to, but having the lowest output and survivability (as resto) in PvP is really getting me down, and I'd rather not have to retire my druid from PvP.

Barely being able to keep a tank alive by myself (Regrowth crits for at most 30k, which is pretty rare, and to me Healing Touch is unreliable.)

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I don't dps or tank enough on my druid to have any useful input.

Permanent Tree Form.

Another raid cooldown.

Travel Form indoors.

I know I don't have to show it and tree would hide it, but the cooler looking armor sets are making me jealous, so, a less funny looking hat for future tiers. (WTF is on my head when I wear t12?)

Teleport: Moonglade

Thorns

Sad but true, I only have a use for Aquatic Form in Tol Barad.
I'm a fairly typical end content raider, raid 3 nights a week for 3 hours each. I've been tanking with this druid on and off since the launch of Burning Crusade.

I have one big thing that's been rolling around in my head for awhile now, and it seems like you guys are already thinking about it for tank gameplay in the next expansion. But ever since my guilds DK tank told me when asked how he felt DK and druid tanking were differnt: "I don't feel like I'm in as much control of my survival as I do with my DK," I've been feeling like there's something missing for me.

Like I said, it seems like you're already thinking in this direction for the coming expansion for all tanks. One thing I'd like to say, is that while it might feel redundant to give all the tanks some kind of personal healing ability like death strike, I can't personally think of any other way to give tanks some kind of "reactive" ability to control their survival.

As far as threat goes, I know it's not really an issue anymore, but how dramatically more powerful mangle is than any other ability I can use as a bear has always bothered me. I don't like having all my eggs in one basket, and if mangle ever misses or is parried (I know you guys are 'plotting' to make hit important for tanks though) it just feels like I've missed a huge amount of what I can do. Maul is good, but if I'm not getting pounded on, it's prohibitively expensive. I think bringing lacerate up a little, and lowering mangle a little might balance this feeling out.

Oh, and I'd nearly forgotten about this because it's been so long, but there was a blue post sometime around the middle of t11 that mentioned the developers looking for some way to make haste not a throw away stat for bear tanks. Well, I'm still waiting, and I'm getting very sick of waiting. This is probably the thing that has been the most persistent thorn in my side for the longest is having no choice but to take gear with stats that are utterly worthless to me. I also feel constantly cheated that the absolutely best secondary stat for me is dodge, and it's impossible to get it on any gear naturally except maybe the odd trinket. But even then, agility is so much better I'd much rather find agility trinkets than take a simple dodge trinket.

Both. More so PvE

All forms

BG's and Arena

Lack of being in a "form" as resto. And lack of aesthetics while in current forms.

Everything. Imo, you did a fine job with druids in Cata for the "fun" factor. "Healing" fights. And fights with mechanics, such as Alys, where doing more DPS is more beneficial depending on your visual awareness.

No solid dps CD as moonkin. I love the current Tranq<3 but not having a tank CD is kind of saddening.

Simple enough but requires me to pay attention as well. Overall in a good place single target-wise. AoE damage as moonkin however could use adjustment. Having to sit in Solar to deal the most DPS is a bit degrading to someone that likes to be in both eclipses.

More form visuals.
Resto Tank CD
Moonkin DPS CD
Perma Tree for resto -slow

Teleport: Moonglade
Hurricane: would like to use it more though :(
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Solo Content, Normal Raids & Dungeons

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

The lack of a more regular tree form, to be blunt I miss being "in form" constantly while raiding and my raid keeps telling me how much they miss something easily identifiable to run to.

# What makes playing your class more fun?

I love the ability to be able to fill any role within a group, as well as the ability to be complimentary to other roles within a group. The flexibility allows for a wider playstyle which is fun.

# What makes playing your class less fun?

I think the only real thing that has made me 'sigh" in Cataclysm has been the nerfing of abilities suited for 1 tree and not the other, I miss being able to shoot off a fairly large heal as a balance druid in an emergency situation .. these days a bandage is normally more efficient then a balance healing touch. I woudl love to have more flexibility reintroduced for druids to help out in those "oh crap" moments

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I actually like the current rotation better then in Wrath or TBC, though I wish I had more use for Thorns or Rejuv and that "Clense" didn't have a cd and cost less mana :)

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

Permanant tree form back, cosmetic items that last thru shapeshift and a spell to send other people to Moonglade

# What spells do you use the least?

Since the launch of Cataclysm I havent been using Regrowth as much as I used to as it seems to expensive for the effort. If its price (in mana) was equivalent to Healing Touch or Nourish and did about the same amount of healing it might be a different matter. The other spell I have almost stopped using is thorns, I used to pput this on a tank before a fight to help them keep aggro and do damage but with the new cooldown and how long it lasts I don't tend to bother as much.
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVP

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
n/a

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]■
All

None

.■What makes playing your class more fun?■
survive-ability

Being so squishy in arena's its not even funny, everyone knows once a druids tree is down its very very easy to kill them.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Rotation is fine healing and feral wise.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
NOT BE SO EASY TO KILL, HAVE MORE RESIL THAN 90% OF PLAYERS AND STILL ONCE TREE IS DOWN THE GAME IS OVER.
■What spells do you use the least?
NOURISH, SOOTH
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] --PvE as a cat and sometimes bear

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] --Mostly raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] --N/A

--Shred's positional requirement and energy cost for skull bash. Even with the increased radius for being considered as behind the boss, there are still significant periods of time where shredding isn't possible, and thus compromises my dps output by a punishing amount. The cost to skull bash is not as important, but it factors in when frequent interrupting is needed. For instance on Alysrazor-10, I may need to hold off refreshing rip to make sure I have enough to interrupt, delaying it by as much as 10 seconds.

--There also tends to be a gap in dps potential on adds. Small adds, we're borderline broken we're so OP. Big adds, we're good. Middling adds where it's worthwhile to burn one at a time, we struggle. Part of it is the lack of combo-swapping ability and the rest is how long it takes us to build up to a full rotation.

--I enjoy the utility of playing a druid. Being able to pop a brez, innervate, or clutch tranq is fun. So is being a powerhouse when simply left to dps.

--The class as a whole is absolutely wonderful. There are things about feral that could be tweaked, but absolutely no complaints about the class itself. It is engaging, dynamic, and versatile.

--I miss the Wrath rotation. It was fast and furious, and required a lot of practice to get right. The current rotation feels sluggish by comparison. The energy regen plus crit-combo procs don't line up well enough to use FB very often. Part of the fun of the Wrath rotation was timing it all out and the question of whether to FB or not. Now, the answer is virtually always no unless the boss is low on health. Consequently, there is often a period of time where you allow your energy to pool high and refresh rip with 3ish seconds left.

What’s on your wish list for your class? --A rideable flying shapeshift and racial differences for seal form (an improved seal for tauren, dolphin for night elf, shark for worgen, piranha for troll ... as suggestions).

What spells do you use the least? --Most things in the balance tab.
Restoration / Balance Druid -- Azuremyst
* What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE
* If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroic Firelands.
* If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
* What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
One of the biggest improvement I would see coming from you guys, and I know I speak for alot of druids, is to give us Tree of Life back, maybe the cooldown is better as far as the statistics go. But you can keep the cooldown, I leveled a druid to play in different forms, thinking it was amazing, creative, unique to other mmo's. Leaving one of the specs out is completely unfair considering my guild dictates what spec I am. You could make the look passive, but maybe make us grow for the cooldown, we could have a cast time, stomping into the ground gathering "life" from the roots, and become bigger during the duration of the cooldown.
* What makes playing your class more fun?
What currently makes it fun: The most fun thing about my class is actually my amount of HoTs, it's whatmakes druids unique, the fact that regrowth and healing touch's are only used on emergency's, to refresh [Nature's Grace], or if clearcasting has procced, makes us so much different. Holy paladins only use direct heals, priest's (holy or disc) use Flash Heal and Greater Heal ALOT, and Shamans... are... shamans.. I also like the nature thing, I think it's pretty nice not using "holy" school's of spells. Too plain.
* What makes playing your class less fun?
The amount of spells is extremely overwhelming, I think there should be more spells limited to each spec. Like rake/rip being feral only? When will a owlkin every hop into cat form for a little periodic hell.
* How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I enjoy the rotation for restoration, pretty straight forward, Lifebloom x3, Rejuv, Nourish until more inefficient heals are needed, regrowth on clear casting, Swiftmend when cd is up. Moonkins I feel could use a little more complexity to their rotation, I picked up moonkin (granted my gear is above par) and within 10 minutes on a dummy, I taught myself everything I know, and pull apx. 18k on a dummy, 26k on an add fight like Beth'tilac. I think it is too easy to be honest. Cats could use a little more room for error in their rotation. The rotation is simple, but, it is easy to mess up, and if it is messed up, or something is out of sync, it can definitely mess you up in the long run (i.e -3 seconds left on Savage Roar, 1 tick left on Rip, WHAT DO I DO???). Bears are good where they are at. Avoidance is good, mitigation could be dimmed down a percent or two, threat is fine aoe, maybe a little boost to maul threat or just a boost overall to initial boss threat.
* What’s on your wish list for your class?
My Tree Form, of course. But other than that, I wish to actually be nerfed as far as restoration goes, maybe see a little more increase to nourish, but a nerf to our HoTs, you must think I am crazy, but I am tired of hearing people complain about "your on the top of the charts, because your a druid, TRANQUILITY IS ALL YOU DO!" yeah... that's not me.
* What spells do you use the least?
Soothe, and Hibernate. Also, Moonkin Fearie Fire is almost never ever used. Too many other classes with the debuff.

~ PvE (Resto)

~ Casual 25 man raids.

~ As much as I hate losing my 24/7 Tree of life form,(just in time for you to update our model by the way.) I do admit I enjoy the extra "Oh crap!" cool-down. I think that puts us at 4 now? :3 (NS/SM/Tranq/ToL)

~ Being a resto druid that focuses on healing the raid and not so much the tank can make for a stress free yet well appreciated job! :D

~ lifebloom(ing) There needs to be a better way of re applying it when you have 2 tanks without such a heavy penalty. D:

~ I enjoy the rotation, aside from the penalty of changing LB stacks on different tanks.

~ DO something with travel form!
Now that new druids can get a mount at lv 20 there is almost no need for it outside of a PvP environment.
I understand how having an in combat 100% instant mount in pvp would be a disaster, but maybe if the player is not in combat the run speed can scale with your level to the appropriate mount speed. ...Or maybe put some glitter on the model, that always seems to shut us up. :P

(Oh, and do something about Moonkin, they are a mess. DPS wise I have no clue, I am talking about how they look.)

~ Well I guess most/all of the feral/moonkin spells but as far as Resto goes I use just about everything you all throw my way. Regrowth is probably at the bottom of the list but I am pretty sure you designed it to be that way. ;D
PvE at the moment, but I enjoy both.

Raid healing. I also enjoy 5-man heroics, but primarily when I'm learning them with friends, while they're new and challenging.

Nothing at the moment, save for the occasional random BG.

In terms of quality-of-life, I'm happy with the druid class. My primary quality-of-life issue is simply not enough macro slots, due to macroing targetting functionality into each of my heals. I'd love it if the stock UI allowed for more macro slots, without having to resort to bloated and/or unintuitive add-ons. It would also be great if advanced spell targetting options were added to the stock UI, removing the need for macros and/or add-ons in this regard.

Versatility; I love being able to fill multiple roles. I also find the restoration and feral rotations to be more interesting and fun to play than they've ever been before. (I particularly disliked it when restoration was nothing but instant-cast HoTs.)

Ridiculous forms which serve no purpose - ie, Moonkin Form. The old, permanent Tree of Life also qualified, but I like it as a cooldown. Due to that fantastic change, I can now play restoration/feral and avoid the issue entirely.

Restoration feels great, though possibly overpowered. Feral (cat) feels solid for single-target rotations, though optimal ferocious bite usage is convoluted. Cat AoE is too simple, but reasonably effective. Cat "cleave" (small packs, like a typical trash pull) feels unsatisfying and subpar; bleeds don't have enough time to work effectively. Feral (bear) feels a little clunky and counter-intuitive, but not difficult to play.

Making caster form a viable option for Balance DPS. The playstyle looks like fun and I'd like to check it out, but not when I'd be forced to use Moonkin Form. I've hated Moonkin Form since it was first introduced in vanilla; it looks ridiculous and makes no sense. Why would druids - who in lore are potent spellcasters themselves - shift into the form of a Moonkin to "cast spells better"? The old permanent Tree of Life suffered from the same issue, but was thankfully removed.

Some spells are situational, but I've found them all useful at some point. Cyclone is my least-used at the moment, but only because I haven't been PvPing.
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PVE, sometimes random PVP.

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroics, Raids.

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Random unrated BGs.

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

There isn't a permanent tree of life form. (Or rather a cosmetic glyph.)

# What makes playing your class more fun?

More HoTs than direct casts healing spells.
Being a tree. (Cosmetic glyph.)

# What makes playing your class less fun?

No permanent tree of life form.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Healers should not have a rotation.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

Permanent tree of life form. (Cosmetic glyph.)

# What spells do you use the least?

Most of them since I haven't really had much interest in playing Cataclysm. (Quit when it came out. Re-upped my account a week or so ago and have canceled again.)
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] I play pretty much everything but arena.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Yes, all of the above.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] Everything but arena.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? The biggest issues right now are the things we have to do in order AoE effectively. On major AoE fights like heroic Ryolith and Ragnaros Phase 2 we have to sit in Solar Eclipse the whole time in order to be effective. There is also the issue of how long it takes to drop 3 mushrooms only to have the tank move at the last second and miss them entirely. Hurricane eating 20% of our mana bar in a single cast doesn't help matters either.

What makes playing your class more fun? Eclipse in general is an interesting mechanic because it does require you to actually pay attention while you're casting your spells... on the other hand...

What makes playing your class less fun? Eclipse is also an annoying mechanic because of how you're effectively neutered half the time and ridiculously overpowered the other half.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) The rotation itself is fine but Eclipse still needs some major work.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Having a semi-short cooldown (2-3 min) ability that immediately shifted us into the next Eclipse state would go a long way to solving a lot of our problems with Eclipse in general. I've also wanted to have Enervate as a spell for quite some time. Enervate would work just like Innervate but as the name suggests, it would sap an enemy's strength, speed, power regen, etc for a short while. Just something other than Nature's Grasp to get melee off of you. Also being able to use travel form like Shaman can use Ghost Wolf would be a great boon as well.

What spells do you use the least? Anything in the feral trees sans dash, prowl, stampeding roar or growl.
I'm sure its ben said but moonkin form update.
other then that i kinda like how moonkin druids work for now.

PVE

Raided Resto during all of BC and WotLK. Took a break from my druid and am now gearing up to do raids as Feral. Have run Heroics only so far, though (on this character).

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could
be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

I didn't have this in the DK post I just made, but thinking about it, I really hate the ranged slot. 1 Relic/Ranged item (I'm assuming, all of my end-game characters use relics or are hunters) per tier is really boring. I understand why they don't have special bonuses anymore, but without those, it's basically just going to the next couple stat points every tier.

Also, see "rotation" answer below.

Giant crits.

I miss prowling. Specifically, prowling around to short-cut quests always felt like a skill-intensive, yet fun, activity. Now that you can fly everywhere I really have 0 incentive to prowl.

So many buttons :( In all seriousness, though, Tiger's Fury is really boring. Compare it to Savage Roar, which requires me to put some thought into how much time is left, how many combo points I want to spend, etc. Or Berserk which changes how my rotation works. Tiger's Fury I just hit every 30 secs for extra dps.

The default UI makes it a huge pain in the butt to play. I have to keep track of 4 debuffs on the target and one self-buff on myself. Since the UI puts them at opposite corners of the screen (and often very small) it really begs me to just download a dot/buff tracker that's actually readable and convenient.

Stampede feels really clunky. I love the ability, but having to devote a button to an ability I use once (sometimes more, depending on the fight, obviously) per fight is dumb.

Positioning requirement for Shred is a bit of a pain. I don't mind having to work some to get behind a boss but bosses who turn a lot, have poorly indicated backs (I swear those Jindo chains have completely random faces), or keep their back to poison just suck.

A better default UI. Maybe one less ability to keep track of (think Blood Frenzy for warriors except for Mangle, maybe).

I currently only use feral cat spells so leaving this blank.

Both.

Heroics/Raids/Other

BGs

I find that Feral these days is a bit too overwhelming in order to crank out decent DPS. Our spec relies heavily on bleeds, yet we are expected to apply these bleeds individually to each mob, as well as apply the Mangle debuff in order to amplify the damage. This is not only tedious, but also cumbersome due to the interface not accommodating easy application of said bleeds.

The class in general is fun based on it being able to do so many things at once. There is very little I can find wrong with it and at this time, is one of the more complete classes on WoW.

Just the application of bleeds as previously mentioned.

I am not all that crazy about the Eclipse system for Balance, but it's neither a great addition nor a huge obstacle. This is just personal opinion, I currently see no issues with the system in it's current form. All rotations seem on target.

I am rather pleased with Druids at the current time. Feral could use a little love, but other than that, not many changes are needed here.

This question is difficult to answer, because depending on the spec, many abilities I do not use are abilities that are vital to the spec, and have no need for tweaks, yet still go unused. Even in healing Heroics or Raids, I only rarely use Tree of Life, mostly cause I am just not used to it being an ability on cooldown, and not just a given form. Thorns is another ability that although I can see it's utility, I usually forget to use it. I see no improvements to be made to these abilities at the current time, as this seems to be more a player-to-player issue of being unable to adjust to changes.
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PVE
If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Heroics/Raids, I'm currently the Tank in a 3/7 Heroic Firelands raid group 10 man. I run with an offtank-Prot Paladin. My role generally in the raids is to play the off tank and any fight where we need to dodge a lot of attacks like a baleroc type fight I take lead.
If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] n/a
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. Talent crunching - For example, looking at Perseverance in restoration tree. Is it useful on every fight? Absolutely not, but for the fights it is useful on, its great. I consider it to be a dmg reducer talent which as a tank should be damn near required in my opinion. In order to keep that talent, I had to pull points out of Endless Carnage and 1/2 out of Primal Madness to get fury swipes for alysrazor. I don't use pulverize as much anymore because I cant keep it up as well. Plus with hit being a non-factor it takes me 3-4 swings to get the pulverize up.
What makes playing your class more fun? I love the tanking changes to threat, a little overkill I thought, but it allows me to focus more about mob placement and my defensive cooldowns, however it also makes some fights terribly boring. Threat was the only thing I really had to worry about up until they buffed it. Now its just sit there and rotate my cooldowns the best I can.
What makes playing your class less fun? In the 10 man system of raids, generally you have 2 tanks, 3 healers and 5 dps. In heroics, we've used that build for 1 heroic kill Shannox, our other 2 kills (Majordomo/Lord Ryo) We use 1 tank, 2 healers, and 7 dps. The problem with this for me is the fact that all my feral gear is for kitty, and guess what? I need to be a ranged because your punished for bringing extra melee in most of these fights. So I'm honed into the role of going boomkin, or being sat out for another ranged dpser. I would say my complaint that makes my class less fun would be the fact that I signed up to play a feral druid in raids, and I'm being "forced" into going a spec I don't care for, because I'm the only TANK that has both a melee/ranged dps spec.
How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I gotta be honest with you, tanking in bear at this point seems more about cool downs then maximizing my rotation. I used to intentionally open fights with berserk to try to gain a big threat lead that myself and the other tank could carry over throughout the fight, now it doesn't really matter much. I try to keep up my bleeds, when I'm not tanking I swap into cat and try to throw up some kitty dps, while being mindful of the tanking situation. The hit mechanic hurts me here as well, as since I'm a tank, and hit is considered a "lost stat" even more-so now due to the threat increase, I miss a lot.
What’s on your wish list for your class? I wish the bears had some sort of medium when it comes to tanking, because as of right now there is two major divisions of how people think we should gear/itemize for feral. There the stam stackers, who get absurd amount of hps, while still having a "decent" dodge rating. Then you have the agility stackers, who gem agility which increases dodge/atk power/crit and thus increases the usefulness of our mastery overall. The agility tanks seem squishier, but that has more to do with the fact that if they don't dodge, they just don't have a sizable amount of hps to take hits especially in heroic firelands settings. Then you have the stamina build, which gives your healers a bit more cushion, but in general you take more heals. I guess one last thing If i had to ask for it in my wishlist is maybe having an additional taunt? Or remodeling the challenging roar to be more like the paladins friendly target taunt that's useable at any range. Or maybe lowering the cooldown of challenging to be more similar to the other taunts.
What spells do you use the least?Feral Charge/Lacerate, For reasons stated above pretty much, Feral Charge honestly, isn't a big one due to the fact that not many fights in Firelands atm make it very useful. The lacerate has fallen to the wayside more of the fact because of my spec pulling out of the talent to increase the uptime of it, due to pickup offensive talents for Alysrazor while keeping defensive talents Perseverance.

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• PvE.
  • If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Raiding, occasionally I"ll do a heroic, but very infrequently.
  • What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• The fact that shifting out of form is so penalizing. When I tank, I am unable to, so I remain unable to combat res, as a cat, the damage loss (Especially while using 4pc T11 gear) is such a loss that it isn't worth it unless it's a raidsaving Tranquility.
  • What makes playing your class more fun?

• I like the fact that I can build a hybrid spec that allows me to both tank and heal without a respec - of course, there are sacrifices made to each role, but especially as a mainspec Cat, it allows me to tank when we're missing one, or switch to bear and tank once one dies after we're out of combat reses.
  • What makes playing your class less fun?

• Lack of tree form, my offspec is Restoration, but after the loss of Tree form, I'm very uninspired to heal with it, I'd rather play an alt.
  • How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• The rotation for Cat form is fabulous, don't change it. Many people like to complain that it's hard, while others like to complain that it's overpowered. The fact is, the people who say it's hard have either been duped into thinking it's harder than it is, or just don't understand prioritization, whereas the people who say it's overpowered don't understand skillcaps. If you get a good feral, yes, they can either top the meters, or come close, but at the same time, there are none in any of the top 10 parses for any Cataclysm raid content - excluding Rhyolith (1), Halfus (1), Nefarian (2), and Conclave (1), and that's pulling from both 10 and 25 mans, heroic and regular modes.

TL;DR: Leave us how we are, we're good, but not so good that we need to be nerfed. By the same token, no need to buff or simplify the rotation.
  • What’s on your wish list for your class?

• Tree Form. And I don't even play Resto except as a last resort.
    Raid Wall cooldown while tanking - Both Prot specs have one, whereas neither Blood nor Feral do, and in heroic content, Blood is subpar, and Feral is outtanked when all parties are in BiS. More of a disparity than a complaint, very QoL - I still kill things without it.
  • What spells do you use the least?
  • [/ul]

Thorns, not worth shifting out of form, nor worth the mana cost.
    Teleport: Moonglade, there's nothing I need there. I couldn't even use it for the quest to activate the Hyjal quests, I didn't get credit unless I took the NPC's portal.
    Boomkin PVE
    PvE

25m Hard Mode Raiding

Moonkin form. Old, and the Worgen and Troll versions are just Night Elf reskins. Resto druids and Ferals have received the updated models they were promised; unacceptable that Balance druids have been overlooked in this respect.

Fights where Moonkin can separate themselves from other Moonkin by properly timing their eclipse.

Any movement on single target fights. Also staring at Moonkin form while other raid members get to enjoy the various cosmetic changes that are offered such as Noggenfogger.

It's a giant leap from the awfulness during WOTLK, but still needs to be polished some. The game seems to want players to go back n forth constantly, but yet provides a tremendous imbalance between the two Eclipses. As I said above, timing Eclipses is one way to separate players, but to only be rewarded for timing yourself into a Solar Eclipse and not Lunar seems like a problem.

New Moonkin Form OR being able to use cosmetic items while in Moonkin form OR Moonkin Form changed to Metamorphosis type buff such as Tree form has been. Any of these would be a giant QoL improvement.
    A 5 min CD that gets you into either eclipse. This makes perfect sense for PvE and PvP and quite honestly should already be in the game.
    Treants removed from the game (boring and lame) and replaced with a more unique 3min CD DPS boost. Perhaps 6 seconds of a move while casting buff to also help the lack of mobile DPS problem.
    I would like to see Starfall or Hurricane changed in a way to rival the Mushroom aoe damage if one is in Lunar Eclipse. i.e. Starfall lower CD, smaller numbers but the splash effect in Wrath; Hurricane (perhaps would have to rename the spell to make sense) cheaper mana cost, buffed dmg, and dmg is now arcane.

Hurricane