Class Feedback – Druid

Druid
Prev 1 49 50 51 76 Next
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both - 70%PvE; 30%PvP;
- Balance Druid since 2006 (frequently Resto OS with varying degrees on volunteering).

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Mainly Raiding with the minimum Heroics/Daily Grind required to support raiding.

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Random BG's.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

I miss the true hybrid nature of druids in vanilla for both PvP and PvE, being able to competitively heal and/or tank adds successfully in bear form (eg core hound packs in MC) whilst maintaining same balance spec (just changing gear) was a lot of fun. Those old feral skills are a thing of the past for me now.
The depth of the balance rotation and resto options have evolved (and significantly improved) since vanilla, making the game more fun and challenging, though.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

The level of potential to adapt to any challenge with the different forms - each being very different to the other's playstyle and also social/emote wise.
Definite degree of challenge to master each spec, 1 button clicking is not for me.
(lol and yes the big dps numbers/heal numbers are definitely appreciated - oh god the balance dps and gearing in vanilla <shiver>) .

■What makes playing your class less fun?

Sadly, it is the level of survivability in the PvP environment - hence why no arena experience.

The complexity of the balance rotation has gone a lilttle too far with the need to `game' the eclipse rotation (ie get into solar eclipse and stay there for each add phase) for every fight to do omg dps numbers <doing your job in the raid> vs doing low to middle dps numbers <not doing your job>- ie intense proactive forward planning versus reactive burst damage (would be nice to be able to relax and enjoy the endgame mechanics a bit more again).

■How do you feel about your “rotation”?

Overall I greatly enjoy the Balance Rotation (no idea about those dirty ferals), IMO it's the best it has ever been and is definitely different to all the other caster rotations (very important to an old druid like me).
BUT as mentioned above the level of complexity to `game' the eclipse to the right position for each add phase combined with the execution of shrooms (3 GCD reticle clicking, again predicting where the mobs will be and then coping with potential lag spikes with latency during omg AoE ,for each shroom ......) with another reticle click for treants (to have them then run back to you anyway most of the time ......) definitely detracts on the enjoyment of the rotation (feels like more work and less play atm - I'm not an orc grunt!!!).

Resto wise, likewise to me it is the most enjoyable it has ever been - pretty much use every ability there is now days (each has a definite role) and unlike a lot of others in the community, I don't have a desire for mitigation type ability on top of it, to copy the other healers (the shear omg burst healing we can do, means we have a different niche in the healing roster - did I mention I like our class feeling different to the others :D).
Continued

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

1) User friendly control over Eclipse (`Burst') mechanics, potential talent/-s that enables less eclipse energy use and/or more energy use (ie prolong desired phase of eclipse or speed up getting into desired phase);
    2) Improved parity in dps between Lunar and Solar eclipse, it would be nice if Lunar was far more effective dps for single target dps, whilst Solar remained superior for multiple targets (give a role/need for both ends of the bar);
    3) Make shrooms more user/encounter friendly, eg only plant 2 shrooms for same total damage as 3, with same detonate gcd (the relative decreased AoE should balance this);
    4) Improve shroom utility role, potential glyph that increases its radius of effect but with reduced damage - useful for tank to pull packs/adds, and for boomkin fungal growth kiting especially if no other kiter types in raid;
    5) Adjust hurricane to either do more damage for current mana cost, do same potential total damage (tick faster) but over less time (ie 8-10sec to coincide with detonate c/d), or do same damage but for less mana;
    6) Fix the typhoon bug;
    7) Starfall just doesn't feel like the omg final talent for Balance dps, yes one click easy dps but too easy to stop/control and not realy significant burst damage (Starsurge feels closer to being the ultimate boomkin spell but since it got neutered ...); Lunar Shower is extremely lackluster for a 3 point talent towards the end of the tree (removing the movement related component of it stacking was a mistake IMO); and there are way too many of our talents (10!) based around mana regen/conservation/pool - a rework of our talent tree would be a godsend;
    8) More work on survivability in PvP for Balance Druids, potentially tweaking either owlkin frenzy or barkskin;
    9)Be nice if Nature's Swiftness boosted the heal of the spell it affects by at least 100% (make it a more effective instant save button considering its 3 min c/d);
    10) Being able to mount things in Moonkin form (please);
    11) Cosmetic variation in the Moonkin form would be nice - even if it was only colour options and hair styling (I do NOT want moonkin on c/d like ToL, but different is nice esp with others getting full use of the upcoming Transmog feature);
    12)lol Maybe have a different ToL form for each race, NE's seem right to be the brocolli, just wrong for taurens, trolls and worgens .....

■What spells do you use the least?

Balance wise - Faerie Fire (not used at all); Hibernate; Teleport Moonglade (BUT I do not want to loose this spell!!!); Soothe (unless pugging in dungeons).
Resto wise - Tree of Life (and all the non-healing spells except barkskin).
Restoration Druid.

• What type of content do you focus on? PvE

• If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroics

• If PvP, what type of PvP? None

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Glyph of Unburdened Rebirth is a really nice QoL improvement.

• What makes playing your class more fun? Catching the little efficiencies. Swiftmending the Regrowth HoT off a Clearcasting proc that refreshed the Lifebloom stack while the melee DPS are taking light damage is fun. A clutch Nature's Swiftness Healing Touch is powerful, but less interesting.

• What makes playing your class less fun? Random or area spike damage. Druids have good overall throughput, but I feel like we're missing something when multiple people are facing imminent death.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Healer, so not really applicable, but Swiftmend and Empowered Touch are both cool, and Harmony's a fun Mastery.

• What’s on your wish list for your class? Maybe a third raid buff, or some pure utility spell?

• What spells do you use the least? Teleport: Moonglade. I find mself using Tree of Life less than I should, but that's my problem, and I've been getting the hang of Tranquility timing.
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroic 10 man content.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

High level arena and rated battlegrounds.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could
    be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Can't think of anything that would fit that description for druids.

What makes playing your class more fun?

Lots of mobility, shapeshifting (specifically in PvP), a decent amount of control

What makes playing your class less fun?

Getting trained in pvp and losing because of it, having no burst healing except swiftmend and ToL regrowths and sometimes NS, having no way to handle hard switches, having no silence or interrupt immunity at all.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Resto druids skillset for PvE is fine, we have a lot of different healing spells that all fit into a nice niche.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

More defensives for resto druids and some kind of damage mitigation spell or ability.

What spells do you use the least?

Thorns is very situational for me right now.

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    • -PVE

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    • -Raids, heroic

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    • -Positional requirement of Shred and the effect it has on our DPS (negating the glyph) when we're not able to shred, especially since the 4.1 changes to our abilities.

• What makes playing your class more fun?
    • -Flexibility, eg shifting to Bear to tank, then to cat while the other tank is tanking.

• What makes playing your class less fun?
    • -Seeing 'you must be behind your target to do that' when Rag targets a melee with his hammer or something similar

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    • -Cat Rotation is fine, especially since at higher gear levels you get to weave FB again. Bear rotation is fine too, since threat is never a concern now.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?
    • -Savage Defense scales as nicely as block does, which requires some major over haul to the ability sadly

• What spells do you use the least?
    • -Challenging Roar, it has a niche, but I can't remember the last time I actually used it
      -Thorns, while it's good for some burst aoe damage, no tank is going to cast it on themselves while actually tanking
    What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    I love pve, i raid all the time in pugs and i often create my own pugs for new content and old content from previous expantions. Pvp not as much but i like to jump in the arena now and then. i dont like dailys, they are a drag.
    Raids a ton
    I hate Bg i love arenas
    What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    Not being able to use cosmetics. and im a huge flip floper, my main spec is always resto but my off spec switches from feral dps to feral tank to balance often.
    the way it feels, its hard to explain but its just the way it plays. i love the heal over time healing scheme.
    not being able to use cosmetics unless im healing, running out of mana, picking what should be my offspec and gearing it
    How do you feel about your "rotation"? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    i LOVE heal over times, i almost never use hard cast heals though.
    What's on your wish list for your class?
    I want a cd i can place on a tank or someone who is about to take alot of damage to reduce their damage. something like Barkskin to be castable on other players and all healing classes could have this cooldown. i think it would help a ton!
    Healing touch, nourish (make nourish a little stronger or faster please)
    Strictly PVE

Raids, though my guild is fairly slow in progressing.

I don't PVP

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    Oh Light. Tree of Life form. I never saw the original thread that apparently led to devs thinking we didn't want it, so I'll take the opportunity to say it here. I miss it. I miss it. I miss it. The permanent, treant ToL form. I'm primarily a healer. I still complain about this regularly. I misssss being a tree! I have ToL glyphed (because the 'new' tree form looks like a mushroom on acid), but it's just not the same.

ToL form.

Being a druid is generally pretty awesome. I like my mobility as a tree.

Not a fan of the mushroom explosion mechanics when I do go boomkin.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    Eh. I don't like Nourish for it being so slow.

Permanent Tree of Life. But you knew that...

Mushrooms in Boomkin. In Resto, I dislike Nourish's slowness.
    First of all, I want to thank the development team for initiating such a thread. Obviously, results are what matter most, but just the thought that you are asking the player base what we would like to see, is a great step in the right direction for our morale. Thanks.

Bullwrath, resto PvP, mostly tank PvE, occaisional kitty for both

# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Mostly PvP, with some PvE for fun

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

A little of everything.

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Mostly BGs, but I finally have a 2s partner and although we have never done arenas before, we are having fun with what is a new challenge for both of us.

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

I would like more survivability in PvP. It seems to me that I am way too fragile and am too easily CCed compared to other healers.

# What makes playing your class more fun? I love the different forms. I do wish perma-tree was back. TBH, though, even if we had that in arenas, I think we would still probably be the easiest healer to take out.

# What makes playing your class less fun?

No viable comps in the spec I love to play most. My 2s partner and I play a ret pally/resto druid comp because that's what we love to play, but there is really no hope that we will go anywhere with that this season given the state of both classes.

Most importantly, though is this: Stun-Stun-Fear-Silence-Dead I can't break away and my HoTs can't keep up. End of story.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I am happy with the healing rotation and the tanking rotation, but druids should get thrash at level 16, not in the 80s since it is a core ability at 85.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
    Resto: harder-hitting HoTs, more survivability, more CC breakers (or less CC in the game). Any one of those would help a lot.
    Tanking: better AOE tanking at earlier levels.

# What spells do you use the least?

Healing touch--too long a cast time to be useful in PvP. Nourish--too long a cast time for not enough benefit in PvP.
    Resto feedback (I did balance in an earlier posting)

What type of content do you focus on? – PvE
    If PvE, what type of PvE? regular-mode raids

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Honestly, I think the tree form design is working fine (I like it better as a Cooldown than a permanent form). So, for me, the lifebloom restriction on one person (without a way to force-bloom or get faster stacks on target-swaps) is probably the biggest quality-of-life issue. The ramp-up time for switching Lifebloom to a new tank on a fight like Ragnaros is too high, and the tank is most often likely to die while I’m trying to get LB on the new tank target. I waste a lot of GCD’s trying to move LB from one person to another when there are frequent tank-swaps in 10-mans. In 25-mans, it’s less of a problem since we can usually just assign one LB to each of the tanks and just keep it on our targets.

What makes playing your class more fun? Resto druids are more fun when HOTs matter for keeping people alive, and when we have enough tools to do the job. I actually enjoy using more of my spells and tools in Cataclysm compared to previous expansions.

What makes playing your class less fun? I actually liked the idea of “slower” healing, but it isn’t working out that way in Cataclysm. Instead, we had like a few bosses where your slower heals could actually work in T11, but really not in T12. At this point, if I cast Nourish much at all in Firelands, people die – because it just takes too much time to heal them. On more and more bosses, I’m starting to rely on only using instant-cast or FAST heals over slower-casting heals, which ends up making me hit mana problems pretty hard. Being GCD-capped on a lot of fights and still not feeling like I’m healing fast enough can be really frustrating.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? Honestly, I think that resto druids are more fun this expansion than they were in previous expansions. I really enjoy being able to weave in direct heals & HOTs pretty seamlessly. The new mastery is wonderful for helping us do what we’re good at. Lifebloom is probably the biggest “thorn” in our sides. Having a way to either force the bloom to happen (on a cooldown), or stack it faster (possibly also on a cooldown) would be a huge improvement for us. We probably couldn’t have both (a fast-stacking spell with a controlled bloom would be super OP), but having some way to speed up the swapping process (or let LB bloom when you swap it to the other person to top off the other tank) would be something that would really help in a world where almost every raid dungeon has multiple tank-swap fights.

What’s on your wish list for your class? For resto druids, a way to either bloom LB on demand (on cooldown) to benefit from having to swap targets so much, OR a way to fast-stack it (on cooldown), so that you have an easier time helping tanks survive emergency situations. Without any way to mitigate the amount of damage a tank is receiving, more Lifebloom control would be a huge help (though I suppose a way to mitigate the amount of damage a tank is receiving would also be pretty high on my wish-list). We still need some talent-refinement in the next expansion, for sure, since we still have a lot of “trap” talents in our tree that look attractive but don’t actually do anything particularly useful.

What spells do you use the least? Unlike other expansions, I actually use a lot of different healing spells in cataclysm. Nourish is probably my least-used healing spell in raids currently, since the risk of deaths is too high for how little it heals, but it was a spell I didn’t use much in T11. I use regrowth more now than I did in T11. I don’t use Nature’s Swiftness as much as I should, but it’s better than it was at the start of Cata.
    # What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] - PVE. Occasional PVP, but not as a focus.

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] - Ten man raids, as Resto

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] - When I pvp, it's BGs as Resto

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

- Many recent tweaks have improved Resto druid quality of life - our Mastery change being one of them. The biggest issue I have right now is the lack of a threat dump. AOE heals are insane for picking up threat when adds spawn and all I can do is Barkskin, Nature's Grasp and hope it works, or scream for the tank.

# What makes playing your class more fun?

- Our unique feel. HOT healing is awesome. I have a playstyle that is unique to resto druids. I love being able to heal instances while jumping all the time - our effectiveness while moving is great.

# What makes playing your class less fun?

- I miss my tree. It's cool to see gear, and all, but I loved being a tree. Couldn't it be a "trigger on combat" effect like for worgen?

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

- We don't really have one. Instead we have a great toolbox that has most of the options I need, while healing. Compared to, say, priests, we have a smaller toolset but I can't think of anything i miss.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

- Not a tank cooldown. I'm not supposed to be a tank healer, that's not the flavor of my class. I would like: a threat dump, remove the restrictions on battle rez (one per fight), a mid-level AOE heal (bigger and on a longer CD than WG, smaller and shorter CD than Tranquility)

And a moose.

# What spells do you use the least?
    -Nourish or Healing Touch, depending on whether my mana regen is enough. I swap out my mouse bindings on those two depending on which I'm using any more. Used to be Nourish, now it's HT that I use all the time. They really need to be changed so there's more difference between them.

I actively participate in both PVP and PVE.

I like to raid with both my druid and my priest; I loathe Heroics with every fiber of my being (playerbased reasons, nothing to do with the design); and do dailies as necessary.

I BG with my druid more than anything else in PVP. But I would need an entire post to discuss the many things I think are not cool in BGs. As far as class goes, I enjoy being resto (for the most part) in BGs.

As far as resto goes, I've actually enjoyed the changes we've experienced since the pre-Cata patch. They finally separated Living Seed and Effloressence to really allow us to choose between raid healing and tank healing. But in each aspect of healing there's still one thing missing. For raid healing, it's a strong group heal. Wild Growth is not nearly as strong as a Prayer of Healing or even a Holy Radiance. And while we all love the aesthetics of the floor heals (they're soooo preeeeetty!), ground AOE heals are the most garbage thing to have in movement heavy fights (which is, let's face it, 85% of the raid fights...and even heroics). Trees are in dire need of a strong spammable AOE DIRECT heal to make us comparable to other healing classes. For the tank healing side, we're still lacking in a tank-saving cooldown in the vein of Pain Supression, Hand of Protection, Guardian Spirit, etc. I think most of the druid community dismissed the idea of a targetable Barkskin, but at this point, I think we'd settle for a spell that acted like Barkskin, but wasn't our actual Barkskin spell (like how Nature's Grasp and Entangling Roots are two different spells with essentially the same effect). I was thinking of a "Living Shell" that reduces the target's incoming damage by x-amount, with an awesome visual effect.

As resto, we're more in tune to shifting than any other spec now that we aren't pigeonholed into a permatreeform. At first I was against losing treeform, but since then I have enjoyed the flexibility I feel this spec has over other druid specs, especially in PVP.

Sometimes just being a healer. Pre-cata, healers were not unkillable, even when played well. Well placed interrupts and silences by experienced players could lock us down. However, we still had a chance. Nowadays, even the most skilled healing class players lose duals and pvp fights 1v1 because our damage is so gimped with large health pools, especially against DPS classes that have self heals that often rival or surpass healing spells of actual healers. Where Blizzard decided that was okay, I'd like to know.

Resto rotation is relatively unchanged, with the exception of Lifebloom which is now only used on the Tank or whatever target we feel needs the most healing. Rejuv and Wildgrowth spams remain the same, only this time I find that I am actually able to choose between Regrowth and Healing Touch for Omen of Clarity Procs. I like having a choice. Sometimes, the health on the target isn't low enough for a full Healing Touch and a quick, OOC-Regrowth suffices. But I find that healing spells all get used, with Rejuv and WG taking most of the button presses. I love that Tranquility is on a 3-minute cooldown because the longer fights allow us to really utilize this spell.

I can only speak for Resto (although for Boomkin, being able to drop ALL THREE mushrooms at once would be nice). As mentioned before a strong AOE direct heal for raid healing for moments in the fight where WG and RJ spams won't suffice; and a strong Tank-saving cooldown. I feel these two additions in particular will at least even out the toolset for the druids with other healing classes.

Healing spells pretty much all get used, which I believe was the design intention for Cata. I even use Nourish (where I think most other druids don't) during lulls in the fight (on the few occasions there are). But Nourish is probably I think the most underutilized for most of the community. I purposefully use it, but most druids don't bother. For some reason it's not as effective as our efficient heal as most other classes, but probably because we're HoT-heavy healers and a simple regrowth on an OOC proc is enough to proc our mastery.
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE some PvP
    ■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Raids and Heroic
    ■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] I do very little PvP since the nerf to druids berzerk and shifting out of roots PvP for me has been less fun
    ■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    ■What makes playing your class more fun? Feral Druids are awesome I enjoy tanking
    ■What makes playing your class less fun? loss of tree form made healing a little less awesome i know its cosmetic but it made druids cooler
    ■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I wish there was a bit less like maybe maul adding lacerate stacks
    ■What’s on your wish list for your class? Berzerk back to the way it was making us immune to fears and shifting out of roots basically like it was before. Instead of swipe and thrash maybe just one that does the same as both with no cool down. Also would be nice to be able to cast thorns while in bear form. Vigilance or something like that for additional taunt like a warrior. Oh and goblin duct tape so we can put a shield on our face and stack block.
    PvE
    Heroics and raids
    Just BGs mainly to get the honour mounts
    ■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    Mainly the lack of tree form being a permanant form rather than a cooldown is still disappointing
    Everything about a druid is fun
    ■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    It is easy enough to not be confusing while being complex enough to make it feel like your just spamming the 1 button like an Arcane mage
    Two things actually. 10 The return of a permanant tree for for Resto druids and 2) When you specialize uinto any of the druid specs, your character in-game (without any forms active) should look a little different to normal druids depending on their spec. Ex. A Balance druid would have feathers on their character while not in moonkin form or a Resto druid would have leaves or branches on the character. Just some stuff to set us even more appart from the other classes and also to look even better.
    Probably Teleport: Moonglade
    Abit of both, Resto for PvE and feral for PvP.
    PvE I mainly only raid now, havn't done a heroic in weeks, not because it's hard just don't really have a reason too - quite happy to for friends though.
    PvP mainly only BG's and TB when I get in, I would try arena if I could find a friend that didn't mind if we did really bad sometimes :P.

(not sure if this is on the right track or not but) being able to keep costumes on my caster self when I come out of a form, I don't want them to cancel the form or anything just stay on the caster form when your in it till it wears off (e.g. so you can change to cat form then go back to caster as a pirate :3).
    Also make a 3rd spec option please, I would love to have pve healing/feral pvp/feral pve so I don't have to constantly unlearn my second spec if I want to dps a raid.

I like my forms, there like the main reason I chose my druid, I was pretty bummed when I didn't have my permenant form for resto anymore, i've learned to live with it (glyph of tree form FTW)- JUST DON"T TAKE MY FERAL FORMS AWAY.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
    Sometimes while pvp'ing you get stunned or feared or somesuch while trying to change forms and end up in caster form as a slightly/hugely more vunerable target.
    While I love healing on my druid it does feel slightly more bland now that I only run around as ol twigs for 30 seconds every 2 minutes.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    For healing? I don't have a rotation - which is great, I use all of my healing abilities too. for feral dps I feel the rotation is fine - not too complicated yet still a couple of things to watch.
    In pvp as feral though I feel I have to bunch as much of my dps in my cooldowns as possible, and outside of that I feel distinctly less threatening.

Some other updated forms (travel and aqua) though that might happen when you revamp all the race models anyway.
    Also a way to stack lifebloom to 3 stacks in a instant I think a good idea would be to make it a talent deep in resto: when you have lifebloom at 3 stacks casting lifebloom on a new target will transfer the stack to them, this transfer costs as much as a Regrowth and has a 10 second cd (or something like that).

•What spells do you use the least?
    Ummmm....probabaly teleport: moonglade - everything else always gets used every now and then at least.

PvE - kitty DPS

Heroics and normal mode raids.

NA

I can't point to anything specific, truthfully... the improvements to kitty swipe were a HUGE improvement. I'd say that change took care of the only quality of life concern I had (AOE dps) and I don't think that's what you're looking for in this question, anyway.

I enjoy the challenge of the rotation - it's complicated but still very instinctual. I actually like being asked to chain root (or chain sleep) to CC - also challenging, but effective, which makes it fun to pull off. this is more of a 5-man task than a raiding task. stealth is a fun while soling. the feral charge/ravage mechanic is really fun, though not being able to use it on some boss fights is disappointing. interrupting is now a big part of the game and I like that, too. swipe+berserk (and whatever else I have handy) is very, very cool for massive AoE damage - super fun even if it does sometimes result in being smashed. lastly, I think tranquility is juuuuuuuuust effective enough to be useful in "oh s***" moments in raiding - also fun.

we lack interesting animations, which doesn't make it "less fun," per se, but other classes have a lot of awesome animations, so it would be cool to see for us, too.

I love the kitty rotation and have since BC. I guess we're more or less a DoT class (a la shadow priests), but we have enough other styles of abilities that it feels very well rounded.

I'd like to see an interesting animation to go along with Berserk. other people are always grousing about "new forms," but I'd prefer to see more "form based" animations that emphasize the nature and transformation style of feral druids.

claw, track humanoids, travel form; also, the "infected wounds" talent sounds so good but ends up being lost in the shuffle since the resultant effect doesn't seem to mean much. if it wasn't for the cooking dailies I would probably never use aquatic form.

yrs-
    Ejunk!
    Edit: Main Spec: Heals

PVE

Regulars until my gear is a wee bit better.

N/A

I miss having the old style tree form all the time.
    Kitty druid here, while I do go bear every now and then.

09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera
    PvE, occasionally doing PvP.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other
    Heroic dungeons, while every so often trying to do a raid.

Dont do PvP that often, but when I do, I usually do BG's

Honestly, I feel like we don't regenerate energy fast enough. All it takes is a couple swipes and then I have to wait 10 sec before I can do anything else. To fix this, maybe have haste contribute to energy regeneration, not just attack speed.

I love our mobility, with moves like dash and feral charge. I also love our variety of support moves, such as innervate and tranquility.

The fact that we have to shift out of form when performing said support moves. On top of that, we have to get behind our targets to do some decent dps, which isnt always and option. Lastly, we are seriously lacking in AoE.

Our AoE rotation consists of swipe, swipe, tigers fury, swipe, and more swipe. Another option would be fantastic (maybe a kitty version of thrash?) Nothing to complain about for single target rotation.

Bring able to use some spells without shifting out of form, having innervate at a level where its actually useful on other players, and more items that produce a cosmetic change for not just cat form, but bear form as well.

Prowl and Pounce. I can see how they're useful in PvP, but for PvE, they're virtually worthless.
    Both

Heroics, Baradin Hold, Old Content

Arenas, Rated Bg`s and BG`s

Balance druids have very little damage mitigation and no way to drop aggro.

I have been playing a Balance druid since I started playing WOW. I like the style of play.

Balance druids have very little damage mitigation and no way to drop aggro.
    Hunters can Feign Death and Disengage, Shadow Priest can Disperse, Mages can freeze or slow and Ice Block, Shamans can do 360 degree AOE knockback. Paladins can bubble. Moonkins can pop Barkskin for 20% damage reduction then die.

Balance druids need a better tool to cause other players to choose a new target

I like the rotation

Bring back chance of stuns stuns for Starsurge, Starfire and Starfall. (help with peels)
    A talent used to drop aggro or focus on a Balance druid during PVP for example "Iron Feather" a Balance talent that reduces all damage by 75% for a set time.

A way to set down multiple wild mushrooms instantly similar to the Shaman talent for dropping multiple totems,

A talent that would allow Balance druids to heal in in Moonkin form. Similar to talents other dps classes have like Rogues, Shamans, DK`s Warlocks, Priest, Warriors, Hunters with Spirit Bond and Ghost pets and Paladins can all heal while dpsing. Maybe giving the treants the ability to heals as they attack similar to shaman wolves.

I use all current Balance Talents
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Both
    ■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] 25 man raiding/ current content, reg and heroic
    ■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]All
    ■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. Mastery is the most beneficial stat for a resto druid, so why is it a fact that haste is more valuable right now? Would be nice if druids could be tailored in either spec or general changes to be more effective single target healers. The cast time of nourish is so bad. Fights like Baleroc where you need direct quick heals, Why do you make it so we are forced to regrowth? Scale back the cast time of nourish. We OOM so fast, leaving us unaffective and horrible healers for that fight. I WANT MY TREE FORM BACK. Was the saddest day in my 5yrs of playing Dhampir when you stole my tree form. Am I a priest, pally, shammy no I am a druid, I want to be a tree. We are shift-shapers.
    ■What makes playing your class more fun? Such an assortment of specs, utilities, the perfect class for someone with a.d.d.
    ■What makes playing your class less fun? Ineffectivness in pvp, we are too controllable. Feral the easiest to control. Moonkin takes far too long to rack up enough eclipse power to be effective, very easily killed before coming close to my first eclipse. If caught, in resto spec, can be stun locked to death instantly, no effective way to escape this. Any other healing class is better than resto druid in arenas, rbg's.
    ■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Resto druid does not require a rotation, more blindly HoT'ing the raid. Boost regrowth to a 10 sec hot vs 6 sec, make the mana cost less if you won't do that. Used to be one of the cheapest most powerful hot's we had. Ok 23 secs was a little long but 6 secs please, fix this. Nourish and Healing touch having the same cast time, costing a differential of 4k mana, a bit dumb if you ask me. Makes nourish pointless if you don't have mana issues. Scale back the cast time of nourish, give us back an effective cheap heal, for fights when mana is a huge issue. Thank you for giving Tranquility back to us!!!
    ■What’s on your wish list for your class? TREE FORM. Effective cheap single target heal. ie: Nourish
    ■What spells do you use the least? I use everything, but least of all Nourish because it's cast time is not worth the very small heal it actually outputs