Class Feedback – Druid

Druid
Prev 1 56 57 58 76 Next

What type of content do you focus on? PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? None.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Mushrooms are awesome, but they take too much time to set up. If mushrooms could be replaces with a AOE gas that ticks for x amount over y seconds as nature damage would be awesome----kind of like the Balance Druid form of Death and Decay. Roots need to be un-nerfed seeing as when Im farming and I get jumped on I have no time to cast anything to get away.
And Hurricane needs to be better. Sorry, it sucks, man. I loved that spell back in WotLK; now, it's busted like an egg.

What makes playing your class more fun?
I like being a Druid. It's my main and I love the spell animation, moonkin form, the works.

What makes playing your class less fun?
The fact that I have to stay a Moonkin while Resto gets to pop into Tree form for even more insane heals. I'd like to keep my stats the way the are in Moonkin form, but still be able to cast with that same damage in Nelf form, and when I want that burst of Moonkin power I can press my 2 min cool-down, and, voila---awesomeness. In short, I want to be able to show my gear off. I know it reeks of vanity, but Resto has that option, besides. And this could work for Tanking as well. Feral DPS? That is the only class where their attacks are executed based on form---sorry. And travel form? It's a joke. Shamans can be wolves and run inside, why can't we?

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
It's good. I like the fact that we use BOTH arcane and nature spell.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
Moonkin form---a buff. 2 min cool down. Some balance spell enhanced under the effect of being a moonkin.
Mushrooms--changed into an aoe tick that does the awesome Nature damage, and SLOWS target (for PVP). I think it should be cast with the same graphic-circle-thing like hurricane.
Hurricane--make it part of the Lunar stage. I'm sorry, but it sucks having to stay in one "eclipse" because it's the best AOE. Nuh uh, no beuno. I'd like to see it buffed when the Lunar Eclipse triggers.

What spells do you use the least?
Hurricane, roots (ya'll did that one. tsk tsk.), soothe (because almost everything can remove enrage---exaggerating a bit, but you what I mean).
Make Treeform permanent again.

Every other transformation of ours that can be used in combat can be kept up indefinitely and there are limitations to each form and their should be for Treeform also.
Cat and Bear forms can only cast a couple spells outside feral tab without transforming back.
Moonkin form cannot cast any healing magic or revive people from death without transforming back.
Treeform should be unable to cast damage spells without transforming back but not limited to 31 seconds.
i would also love to have a chance to be part of our great tree march in Dalaran and other places, dancing around and with Applebough in the Treant form. We cannot do that anymore. As a Cataclysm baby i never experienced this and i miss it alot all the same which kinda confuses me.

Thankyou for considering this,
floralae
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]Primarily heroics. Some raids when I have time or when I can fill in with my guild.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. For bears, it is a lack of meaningful interaction with other party members or with the mobs. Aside from berserk attacks feel less than interesting and there is very little visual or behavioral change when doing attacks on mobs. Because it requires shifting out of bear there is even less interaction with the rest of the party while tanking.
Rage gain is poor and inconsistent, and ultimately meaningless past the first few seconds.
Too little control over incoming damage. Savage defense works, but there's no control over it - and that's all a bear has other than the long-term cooldowns.
Too little raid utility for a bear. Faerie fire is basically it. Innervate, tranquility and rebirth are all unusable while tanking.
Cats: poor options when attacking from the front. A very long buildup time for maximum dps means that anything that dies quickly doesn't die from cat DPS. Positioning in general appears to be fickle and odd at times. Charge takes long and doesn't actually go to the target if the target is moving. Compared to other classes ferals do not have a lot of burst DPS CDs to use regularly.
What makes playing your class more fun?The mobility of a cat/bear is awesome. The transformation into multiple forms and activating different abilities in those forms is great. Flight form is awesome. Being able to do things like hibernate is great now.
What makes playing your class less fun?For the bear side, the fairly boring rotation and relative lack of interaction with mobs other than hitting them. The lack of root/fear breaks. Missing out on all the druid abilities and being locked into just bear stuff. The gearing is also fairly boring and is very ilvl-dependent; it would be nice to care a bit more about things other than stamina or agility.
For cats: fewer burst options , fewer mobility options than other classes. Less raid utility (thoguh the raid utility I have is awesome, there's just not that much of it). No sign of gear in forms aside from a very small set of pieces. Having to deal with multiple mobs is not so fun. Having to have multiple debuffs on a mob to start optimal DPS isn't fun either. Having no real satisfying 'nuke' is kind of sad too.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)For bears: it's fine, if a bit boring. Multiple target rotation is dull and robotic. Single target is fine, particularly maximizing mangles. Would be nice to have something else to do for actual tanking other than demo roar.
Cats: requires external tools to track well, but it's fairly nice after that. I miss the complexity of WotLK. I miss wanting to do something other than rip or savage roar. The ramp up to get to the rotation is long as well.

What’s on your wish list for your class?For ferals to be actually designed from the ground up. Ferals feel to me like an organically created class, where they have been built up from a poor foundation. Abilities feel tacked on that don't seem to make sense (savage defense, blood in the water, tiger's fury) and don't work that well together (lacerate/pulverize). Gear choices, especially for tanking, feel flat and lifeless; there really aren't exciting pieces for cats or bears any more other than weapons. Compare to warriors or paladins where everything is at least designed thematically well if not working perfectly in execution and it feels like ferals are duct-taped together. Things work, but they aren't nice. I would also like more druidry in the feral tree. Not being able to use any spells in forms is a drag. Getting things like wild mushroom as the 'big' spell this expansion and not having any use for it as a bear or cat was disappointing, especially compared to Guardian of Ancient Kings.

I would also like to see more interesting animations for cats and bears. Particularly bears. Bear tanking doesn't feel mean and hard. When you shield bash or shockwave it looks impressive; when you pulverize it looks fairly boring. Cats are a bit better but only just.

What spells do you use the least?As a bear, I don't use challenging roar very often; it tends to not work well enough when I'd need it and that it aggros everything tauntable (including the boss) is problematic. As a cat, I never use pounce or start in stealth.
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both, but mostly PvE now.

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Random Heroics and raids.

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
BGs and sometimes Arenas.

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Rage in Feral is an issue for me. I frequently find myself out of rage a few hits after clicking Enrage and have to wait on autoattack to develop some. It's a headache.

# What makes playing your class more fun?
Hybrid Feral Spec :)

# What makes playing your class less fun?
No cool gear showing on Cat or Bear Form.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I like both, my resto and my feral rotations. Harmony feels way better than Symbiosis.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
-Innervate swapping as in 4.1.
-Shorter cooldown on Nature's Swiftness. (Healing Touch glyph is a waste. Now 30 secs reduction on NS will be a much usable cooldown).
-Raid CD for Feral Tank.

# What spells do you use the least?
Shadowmeld. Can't find any use for it.
Cower
What type of content do you focus on? PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroics and Raids

What are your biggest quality of life issues? As a druid, all of our specs rely heavily on keeping several debuffs/DoTs/HoTs active on the target, as well as keeping buffs up on yourself. The current UI does not make monitoring these easy, and so you must rely on addons to do it. While that may not be a huge issue, it would definitely be a barrier to entry to newer players trying to pick up these specs.

Another issue currently is that, while being able to use the same leather items for both Tanking and DPS does help to reduce the amount of gear you need to accumulate, having to regem/reforge it for each role makes swapping between the two on the fly harder than having 2 separate gear sets. While I can adequately tank in an emergency or in some OT situations wearing my Cat set, I sacrifice a lot of mitigation (dodge). Needing to regem/reforge the gear each time if I want to be fully effective can get expensive on top of other raiding expenses.

What makes playing your class more fun? Having the option to fill any one of four roles, and being able to fill each of them well. That was not always the case, and I very much appreciate that I can do all 4 very well now.

What makes playing your class less fun? The balance rotation (see below)

How do you feel about your “rotation”? The balance rotation right now is very uninteresting. The addition of Starsurge did at least break it up a bit and add a component you need to watch for, the fact of the matter is that the eclipse mechanic inherently forces us into a very 1,1,1,2,2,2,1,1,1 type situation. I would like to see balance become more dynamic, with players needing to make choices about what to cast next, rather than it being a foregone conclusion what the next spell will be.

The cat rotation I feel is in a pretty good place. It is a bit tougher to learn for players new to the spec, but once you do it gives you opportunity to play around with it a bit depending on your comfort level and the situation (adding in FB or leaving it out, for example).

What’s on your wish list for your class? Better weapon selection for feral (options to dual wield fist weapons for example). Threat management for balance. I still have issues after the tank threat changes with threat, but only with balance (not in cat).

What spells do you use the least? Thorns is almost never used. With the threat changes cower is now hardly ever used. Hurricane, it's too expensive and the ROI is too low.
feral cat.

# What type of content do you focus on?
PVE.

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids.

# What makes playing your class more fun? # How do you feel about your “rotation”?
Managin energy and combo. Cool rotation.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
Possibilty of reapplying Rip, even if its weaker (ex: agi procs ) than the one currently on target. Combo points for each target that dont reset! (ex: got 4 combos on add1, gotta switch to add2. if any cp is generated on add2 we lose our 4 on add1..)

regards,

tsu
Recently transferred my Druid from NE to Troll. This was a MAJOR event for me, as I only had two options for horde druid, both of which were not very pretty. But the bonus was playing with a Horde community which I have found has been much more patient and fun than my Alli counterparts of the last 5 years. I would LOVE to be able to cross-faction party with my old Alliance friends (maybe just as a same server/real-id sort of thing) Also, to be able to raid with another realm would be phenomenal.

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PVE, but i enjoy the option of PVP

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Heroics/Raids.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] BG's

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. I would LOVE to not change forms back and forth when I am booming. It takes away from my dps and the game play just seems unrealistic.

What makes playing your class more fun? i LOVE out-healing everyone. Also the fact I can change in and out of different appearances and abilities (cat, bear, tree etc)

What makes playing your class less fun? to have two sets of such similiar gear for boomkin and healing. I keep the same set for both since this seems to be a waste of space.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Resto doesn't have too much of a rotation, alot of it is situational, which is why I enjoy it. I think alot of it makes sense for the classes.

What’s on your wish list for your class? To be something prettier besides a Troll or Tauren. Or give me better options to make them better to look at.

What spells do you use the least? soothe
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Answer: PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Answer: All

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. Answer: Running from one place to another can take a fair amount of time considering many places let you mount up to get from A - B. The Issue I would like to see addressed is letting Bears retain their rage when they pop out of bear form. I cry when I play my warrior and I can mount up and go places without dumping rage for doing so.

What makes playing your class more fun? Answer: I enjoy the mangle procs from berserk in bear, it keeps things interesting.

What makes playing your class less fun? Answer: N/A

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Answer: Fine

What’s on your wish list for your class? Answer: N/A

What spells do you use the least? Answer: Thorns
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
heroics, some raids

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

The various forms a druid can take. I prefer being in a form rather then in caster form.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Alter the minor glyph of treant to add an additional treant form. The form does not count as a shapeshift for removing slows and roots, it does not change your player status, and you can still cast all spells. Basically purely cosmetic tree form for resto druids that gives 0 benefit outside of looks. It could act like a standard costume buff.

Would also not mind some more animal form customization, and possibly new moonkin models.

Hurricane, cower
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
-Both, but Mostly PvP on my druid

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
-Heroic Firelands, but not on my druid. Mostly just BH on her.

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
-I do 3v3 arena and random bgs on all of my 4 different kinds of healers and I occasionally do RBGs on my resto druid if I can find a group (which is difficult on my server).

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
I miss permanent treeform. I feel like people that complain about not getting to see their gear as a druid probably shouldn't play a druid. I even like the new treeform though it seems a lot of people don't. Not getting to be an adorable tree most of the time kinda takes away some of the flavor of resto for me and what originally attracted me to the class in the first place.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
Being able to switch roles and be a mobile healer. Also kitties. I love kitties.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
-Being a resto druid tends to mean you get trained into the ground against melee cleaves or in RBGs if the other team has a clue. Sometimes it's just plain embarressing how fast they can kill me, even with over 4k resil. Currently we are slacking on survival and throughput on our heals. The way PvP is now is too bursty for resto druids to keep up and we are extremely prone to hard switches. Our HoTs are also not nearly as long or strong as they used to be. And as far as armor goes...resto druids have less than priests with inner fire. Simply put, I love resto druids, it is my favorite character to play in the game. But I am pretty frustrated with PvP atm, I feel like I really weigh my team back sometimes.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
-My rotation is very sitiational in PvP, I keep my HoTs rolling and hardcast when I need to, along with throwing out cyclones.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
-I wish Resto could get some love in PvP. Some suggestions would be changing the talent that puts a Rejuv on us at or below 50%(Nature's Ward?) into something a bit more useful or the way it was in wrath which caused us to take up to 12% less dmg when getting focused I believe. Another thing that would be nice is having Improved barkskin again or something like it....I feel like that would really help us out against those melee cleaves without affecting PvE. One last thing I'd like to add to my wishlist is regrowth possibly being a stronger heal...or a glyph that removed the HoT portion and increased the main heal. These are just some things I think would help, I'm sure anything would help at this point though.

■What spells do you use the least?
-Nourish. Does anyone use it? :P

Thanks for asking for our opinions!

Mostly PvE a lil PvP

zandas and raids

Bgs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
id personally like my HOTs to bounce around when they are no longer needed on a target to bounce to the next lowest person in range which would really help with over healing done by druids (which is a sever problem in some cases)

the versatility of the class

no complaints from me other that over healin lol

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Mines AWSOME!!!

PERMANENT TREFORM BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HOT bouncing
and feral customizing (put in a pet groomer where we could go like a barber shop just for druids lol)

regrowth nourish and yes im resto
Resto druid.

Focus on PvE, casual on PvP

Heroic content in 25 man raids.

Casual BGs/Rated BGs.

Not having to carry reagents for BREZ is definitely an improvement. And even though I loved former ToL form, I actually enjoy not have to be forced to play as a tree full time anymore.

I enjoy the mobility restoration druids have. I play all 4 healer classes, all of 5 specs, and I can't shake the fact that I can move while casting and saving lives while doing it. At times I had the opportunity to change mains and play, say, a holy paladin, but at the end of the day, I enjoy running and casting too much to get used to a more caster healer style.

Overall I have no complaints about being a druid - I clearly love it, or I would have long dropped the class for something else. As far as I can remember, resto druids always have been really strong healers.

I have no problems concerning my rotation, but I would maybe change the way LB works, and make it faster to apply the 3 stacks.

Even though Tranquility is a killer spell, still kills me getting benched over not having a mitigation cooldown/OH !@#$ button for tanks. At the end of the day, having no way of saving a tank from certain death does gimp us in comparison with other classes. And uh, if possible, little bit more of love for living seed would be good too. As for moonkin, an aggro drop would be FANTASTIC.

What spells do you use the least? Cower - even after 3 years of playing a druid, I still see no point of that spell.
I play 2 85 druids. One is cat/bear, the other is caster/heals.

I enjoy playing druid because of the range of their abilities and incredible utility.

Bear - my largest complain is with bear, and really comes down to tanking period. I'm one of those that dislikes the threat changes and I don't understand how it was so urgent a fix that it required a hotfix on the same day it was announced.

I like having a reason to cap expertise and hit - whether it be threat or survival, and I miss reasons to bother such as parry haste and missable taunts. I also don't understand the argument that gearing for them isn't interesting - how could gearing with less factors to consider be MORE interesting?

Cat - I've enjoyed cat more than any other DPS class I've played (which includes max levels of all 3 specs of mage, BM/SV hunter, mut/combat rogue, ret pally, shadow priest, enhancement shaman, boomkin and frost/unholy DK) and it's been that way since BC. I love the complexity and the situational variety that comes with playing the class. I didn't care for the white damage change of savage roar because it robbed cats of an interesting AOE rotation. It would be nice to see that reverted.

Boomkin - not a fan of the balance nerf of dots. If a nerf needed to be done to AOE than I think allowing balance power to affect only the most recent dot target would have been the better solution.

Tree - The thing I dislike most about resto is the duration of lifebloom. Upkeep is brutal when group or raid healing.
I've seen a couple suggestions from other posters that I thought warranted a /thumbsup:

1) Make a shifted form the standard (including ToL), and add a glyph to override ALL form shifts with the racial appearance. This would be amazingly helpful to PvPers in particular - I'm sure we've all experienced the "tree zerg" when ToL was a permanent form. ;) And it seems only fair, since other multi-role classes aren't immediately identifiable until they've done something to indicate their role (with the exception of shadow priests in shadowform). This would also cease complaints from everyone who misses perma-treeform, and everyone who hates other perma-forms, and everyone who hates that the tmog is significantly less impressive for druids who are usually in form anyway. Problem solved!

2) If our "limited healing toolkit" (ie, we have fewer healing spells to manage than other healers; personally I think with a tweak to make Nourish sit more naturally between Regrowth and HT, our healing toolkit is delightfully balanced) is because we're supposed to be otherwise useful... give trees a reason to use their other forms/tools. Rags fight is amazing because I get to (have to!) use my bear form stuns to control adds during one phase. OMGs, that's novel and thus, fantastically fun!

3) Please consider penalties other than damage for standing in Bad Stuff. DPS decreases were suggested - silences would be great - slowed cast time - traps that iceblock you so you are shamed while your entire raid has to redirect their efforts to get you out - something, anything other than straight damage, would be great. Although that's not necessarily a druid-only feature, it would still be pretty awesome. =)

4) Can we have a tri-spec please? >.> Considering each class has three trees, and each player may solo quest/run heroics/raid 10s/raid 25s/pvp, three spec options would just be sexy and would allow players more variety to accommodate their favorite activities.
PVE Bear tanking.

Normal Raiding.

N/A

I don't really have QoL issues but perhaps being able to use thorns while in bear form would be nice? I understand that changing the spell a bit would be necessary but I just think it would be fun to have a new somewhat defensive spell to work with. I know it's more an offensive ability doing damage to whatever hits you but it's pretty useless for most other druid specs I find unless they're pvping and the odd pve situation. I don't see any boomkins, feral cats or resto druids using it in a boss fight ever.

Definitely having very aggressive abilities that in turn help our mitigation. I also enjoy how my class can do many things and is quite flexible compared to most other classes.

The lack of cool animations for most spells and abilities and having very limited customization for our forms.

I'm fairly happy with it, I don't see where there could be much improvement.

Some decent spell animations would make me very happy. I think it would be cool if when you used bark skin that my bear form would actually look like he is covered in bark to help protect him or if you used thorns that they would grow out of you and not just look like a spiraling spore around your head.

Some better animations for abilities couldn't go amiss either. It would be nice if they felt like they had a bit more umph in to them. I like maul how you almost see a bear spirit come from you but that's about as creative as it gets.

On the top of my wishlist would probably be more customization for our forms. I think it would be neat if there were an option or maybe a glyph to give us some bear armor. For example troll bears could get maybe a senjin style of bear armor similar to the amani war bear(just an example). Even some more unique colour patterns would be nice, I don't always like being a rainbow bear. I know some people would tell me to roll a tauren but I prefer the troll bear model over the tauren one and I don't see anything wrong with more customization in a mmo.

Thorns is rarely ever used or even important, savage roar isn't used too often except for maybe to quickly get in to position in a fight and natures grasp is one I pretty much never use and seems to be limited to just pvp.
Restoration

• What type of content do you focus on? - PvE Exclusively

• What type of PvE? - Raids (10n), 5-man Heroics

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
1) The rate of change in this spec has been pretty high recently. While I like where we've grown to, I'm ready to not have to relearn (and reverse!) my newly acquired habits for a while. We're in a good place right now, some stability would be welcome.
2) Having at least 4 viable PvE specs, I wish I had another "dual spec" slot available. Currently I'm Resto / Balance. I would tank for our guild or in Heroics if I could be Resto / Balance / Bear. But I'm not going to learn to excel at Bear if I have to drop my primary raid role or my "dailies" role to spec it.
3) When not in Treeform, if I cast Lifebloom and there's already an active 3-stack on a different target, it should transfer the stack rather than cancelling the old one and starting a new one.

• What makes playing your class more fun?
1) Variety. I chose the class that can fill any role in the game for a reason, and I'd love it if it were more practical for me to fill more of them more regularly.
2) Shapeshifting. Instant-cast flight form and the ability to "gather" while shifted. Travel form. Cat form with dash and stealth. These perks do not strongly affect game balance, but they're iconic and significant to morale.
2a) Druids are known as mobile healers because of their instant cast HoTs. But on fights like the Ozumat encounter in Throne of the Tides, or Jin'Do in Zul'Gurub, I get a thrill every time from shifting to travel form and showing just how mobile I can be. Please do continue to include new boss fights that reward kiting and count as "outdoors"!
3) Iconic spells and big raid cooldowns. I love that Efflorescence is visually distinct and identifiable, and on a short enough cooldown that other players know I'm doing something. I feel like a superhero every time I pop Tranquility. When I'm healing a Zandalari Heroic and things are under control enough that I channel Hurricane on a large group pull, people notice.
4) Doing things outside my expected role. Shifting to tree form during the burn phase and rocking out some Wrath casts. Hurricane on a trash pull or add phase. Dropping to Bear form and Growling down Spinners in the Beth'tilac encounter. The other night in an LFD random group, on the zombie trash just before Zanzil, I was #2 DPS, as well as healing (and no one died). It wasn't important, but it sure made me grin.

• What makes playing your class less fun?
Healing a DK who doesn't understand Blood Shield uptime, or how to maximize Death Strike.
When PvE abilities get "adjusted" due to PvP imbalances.
I was saddened by the loss of perm tree form. But I'm over it now.
Bad LFD groups.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”?
Good. Healing 10n, I'm a generalist. Frequently I'm the assigned "raid healer", but assist with tanks. Other times I'm the "tank healer" but still assist with raid. While there's no real "rotation", keeping Lifebloom stacked on the correct target, and generally using Swiftmend and Wild Growth on cooldown, working in some Healing Touch on the tank if necessary or idling with Nourish, and filling in on really heavy raid damage with Rejuvenation - that's enough work that there's always something for me to be doing, but it's rarely overwhelming. Then I get to worry about timing my big cooldowns, where to stand (or not stand), etc.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?
Our Mastery bonus [Harmony], our Swiftmend and Wild Growth mechanics, and the way Lifebloom stacks and is refreshed all seem to have come to a place that's both well balanced and fairly engaging. My #1 wish is that they not be mucked with for a while.

The fire kitty graphic from Fandral's Flamescythe is awesome, and a great way to reward dedicated players without affecting game balance. It would be great if the Resto spec got a similar type of reward (honestly, we're doing a lot of the work in Cata!) Perhaps the T13 set could have a similar effect on each of our forms?

A distinctive visual appearance. Something besides a raidmarker floating over my head that makes me easy to identify. Treeform used to serve this function.

• What spells do you use the least?
I don't think I've cast Thorns since the second week of Cata. I'm sure other druids do, but it's not even something I think about. If Thorns became a feral-only ability, I don't think anyone would be upset.
There are only a handful of pulls I can think of where I use Hibernate or Soothe, but I wouldn't want to lose those abilities.
Nature's Grasp isn't something I think to use often, but should probably use more.
Clearly there's a whole list of cat and bear abilities I don't use often, as I have no active cat or bear spec.
Rp and PvE as Restoration

Heroics

Occasional Battleground

-Tree of Life being temporary. It really ruins the feel/personality of being a druid. I was a tree from day one, and now I am just another 'clothie'.

-Turning into a bat and being able to flee mobs in the open world.
-Being able to stealth and otherwise be a plethora of things when needed.

-Managing Eight sets of gear for various specs.
-Managing costs for keeping up to date various pieces of gear.
-Managing glyphs and specs for having so many specs.

-Either I am too single-target healing or too AoE oriented. It would be nice to have a middle ground for 2-3 target healing.
-Lifebloom falling off anytime feels terrible, I wish there was a fail safe.

New Travel forms: Throw in some other creatures. Stags, Raptors, or Gazelle for land form. Perhaps Eel or Shark form for water traveling.

Anything bear form or cat form when I am restoration/balance.
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

PvE

Raids and heroics

Moonkin: its looking stupid while every1 gets to show off there gear having to cast 3 mushrooms instead of 1
Feral: Not being able to show off my gear and my 85 abiliy of mushrooms is of no use to me

Raid utility, shapeshifting for different needs, good mobility during bosss fights

Looking like every other Feral or Moonkin, Made to go bear because feral dps is lower and bear tanking is pretty much the same stats and gear

Moonkin: Good rotation other than the lack of spells being used for max dps i feel like a arcane mage sometimes while i hit the same button over and over i would like to see typhoon in my rotation
Feral Cat: Enegry starved all the time and very dificult to swap targets quickly
Feral Bear: Very nice just need more control over our own self healing

Seeing my gear #1
Changing or fixing mushrooms somehow where our cata 85 ability is used by all specs not just mookins, make it heal instead of dmg in the resto spec
Feral charge for cats cast time reduced and less of a distance requirement using charge more often in raiding would be nice

Teleport Moonglade, Thorns (to short of a duration), Mushrooms (unless im a boomkin) Hurricane (what a joke spell) soothe, cower (feral cats arent doing enough dps to ever need that) hibernate (not enough beast around to cc or there elite and you cant cc them)
*** This post is solely from a Moonkin perspective ***

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Both.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Raids.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] Chiefly Arenas, some normal and rated BGs.

PvE-wise, our QoL is pretty good. Movement isn't as punishing as it once was in WotLK due to DoTs being a much higher source of damage, the 15% DR + Perserverance makes us more durable to raidwide damage, and we bring a nice mix of raid utility and buffs.

In PvP, the lack of a "dependable" instant CC is what ails us. I've lost count of how many times I've called out "Cycloning War...never mind" in the Arena because all of our CCs require us to either be taking damage (Nature's Grasp) or try to get a cast off (Entangling Roots, Cyclone, Hibernate).

The Eclipse mastery by its intended design requires us to hard cast spells to move the meter, but we're not given the tools to be able to do that in a PvP situation. Instant Roots went a long way towards solving that fundamental problem with the spec.

I had a hard time answering this question...probably more difficulty than I should have considering I play Balance exclusively on this character (i.e. not Feral or Resto) and not much time with other classes. Honestly, I don't have an answer other than "just 'cuz."

Working with what feels like a more limited toolset compared to other classes (specifically about PvP here). The lack of a dependable instant CC as mentioned above is a major factor in this. Trying to kite a Rogue is an exercise in futility. Yes, I know, the game isn't balanced around 1v1 or even 2v2, but honestly, now it's not even close and it's not a matter of "L2P". We simply don't have the tools to deal with melee pressure.

There's no penalty for melee training a Moonkin. A Warrior, DK, Rogue, Feral, or some other melee on us cuts our CC and damage entirely, and we don't have a means to escape them. We're easy to sit on, we can't cast or CC, and we're squishy. Win/win for the enemy.

Starsurge was a great start, but with the removal of its knockdown, the 23% buffs to Wrath and Starfire, and the 4pc T12 bonus making Wrath/Starfire generate more Eclipse power outside Eclipse, Starsurge just seems like it's getting weaker overall in terms of overall feel and utility. Certainly less than a cooldowned nuke should have...not even taking into account that it's Balance's signature spell. I mean, it doesn't even apply Earth and Moon.

Overall I like the Eclipse mechanic, as it allows us to perform well in both single target, multi-target, and AoE situations. Overall the system feels very intuitive and while it's fairly straightforward for a novice to pick up there's enough nuance and subtlety there to allow a veteran to unlock more damage from it.

A ranged stun for Balance (and ONLY Balance). I understand that we have access to Bash in Bear Form, but we have to give up a 15% DR to use it, we have to use Enrage, and because our PvP gear is itemized for spirit and not hit Bash will rarely ever land on the target (and it's not worth gearing around). Perhaps an instant stun is a good approach to an instant CC mentioned above.

If a stun is out of the question, then some other instant CC is needed...return instant roots (5sec CD) but make it only for Balance. Ferals able to abuse it with Predators Swiftness was, if I'm not mistaken, the reason for the original glyph's nerf.

Some Balance-only enhancement to Barkskin. Feral has other survivability tools like Survival Instincts, a feral-enhanced Frenzied Regeneration, etc. Resto obviously has better healing, for good reason. Balance only has Barkskin (the same strength, duration, and cooldown Feral and Resto have, I might add). Balance has to give up a 15% DR for pathetic healing.

An escape mechanism. Ghost Wolf now doesn't let slows bring them below 100% movement speed. I'd say Travel Form should do that as well, although we don't need the reduced root duration because we can shift out of them.

Soothe and Hibernate. But then again, there isn't much on which to use them. Wild Mushrooms requires a lot of setup time to use effectively in Arenas, a lot of the time I find I simply don't have the GCDs to use them.
[quote="31717225981"]
  • What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• The loss of being able to shift out of roots/snares as feral.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• Shapeshift forms.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• The loss of Perma ToL.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• The return of Perma ToL with the option to take the permanent Tree or the CD in the Restoration talent tree.

I posted this just to mention perma ToL